/rwg/ - RimWorld General

"Cuck Art By Cuck Artists" Edition

>About
RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

Leave suggestions for the OP as replies to this post.

>Links
Official site: rimworldgame.com/
FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Recommended mods: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Where to get mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

Last thread (mauled by wargs):

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/rimworld/RimWorldGitLogA13toA14.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm sick of this game.

How's Stonehearth?

>year 5503
>trying to move storage and production closer to living quarters
i know its for the best but it scares me how much work will be needed

Not planning your whole base around the production facility. You made your bed, now sleep in it.

Having a dedicated hauler and a dedicated cleaner make things go so nice. They never run out of work anyway.

Is there a way of telling niggers to automatically wear clothes made of a certain material?

>Stonehearth
>going down instead of up

if you're sick of it go to dwarf fortress

how can this shit happen in real life anyways?

i believe in you val

should i do it guys

who needs research right
right?

>scars

How did you get the Interesting Bedroom mood?

impressiveness of 60 is interesting

Does anyone know what happened to /kspg/?

the what now?

Kerbal Space Program General. I haven't been on since before summer and now there is no /kspg/ going on.
Despite the name the general was not about Kerbal Space Program. There were snakes.

The colony has grown, time to bring the GUNS to bear

...if that fails, we bring the bears to bear.

whoops, wrong screenshot

i'll show myself the door now

>FB state: it's difficult

mods shut it down according to some user on /mcg/

Assign tab.

>warden starts an affair with 1 of the prisoners
>still fails to recruit her

Someone explain to me how the nutrient paste dispenser works. Can I for example stockpile the shit somewhere? I loaded mine up with human meat but its just chilling there

Someone gets hungry and walks over to the powered machine interaction spot. If there's sufficient material in the hopper(s), they instantly take out a single meal. You can draft the guy, he drops the meal on the floor. Forbid it and undraft-draft rapidly until hopper(s) empty, refill hoppers and repeat until you have all the nutrient paste you could possibly need.

Just discovered something extremely dumb, not sure if it's fixable by mod or already fixed in the latest version.

Started a -100C drop as usual, then noticed I have no wood for fireplace at all. Quickly ran over to the nearest building and started removing floors to build a wall around a steamhole. Got it blueprinted and hauled sufficient blocks over to get started, but my guy was already 50% hypo. Figured it wouldn't be in time, but drafted him and walked him over the steamy hole just in case, undrafted and started work on a block. Got it done, quickly made him roof the 4x4 area and started working on the door. Suddenly noticed the tempeature in the unfinished room spiked like crazy, with one wall block completed and door halfway done.

I don't even.

Congrats on not dying, how did you get that low of a temperture, is it a modded world?

TIL

If you bond with an animal, then sell said animal to traders, you'll still get a bonded animal death penalty when the creature dies, several years later.

seed: 549191

There's a mountain on the north edge of the map.

which 1 is really dumb
unfinished walls counting as fully built for insulation or steam geyser emitting tons of heat when the steam comes up ?
dont know about the walls in a15, havent really tested it but steam geysers are supposed to work like that

Unfinished walls counting as finished walls. The one block supports the roof and then the tempeature inside spiked to +200, giving my guy heatstroke.

ludeon.com/rimworld/RimWorldGitLogA13toA14.txt

Fix: Exploit: Use wall frames as walls. Solution: Make frames have ¼ of the building HP, and be very ugly.

How do you reveal the map using debug mode? I want to see where I can dig into this mountain without opening up huge areas.

>Cheating

Can't blame the man for wanting some of that wild tribal ass.

Yep, that's what I'm asking you to tell me how to do.

3rd button from the left, View - Draw Fog
untick that and you see everything

Thanks!

Anyone mine out a whole mountain? I have with support columns every 9th tile to prevent caveins

What's the best way to build my city in this space?

Got questions:
Are boars good for taming? I see they have higher training intelligence than other wild animals on the map, so I just want to know if it is worth it to start raising boars over other creatures right now.
Is it wise to plant rice and corn on regular 100% fertile dirt, or should I be planting that stuff on very fertile soil?
Should I build a cooler unit for my battery room? I am currently based in a tropical forest. If yes, what would be the maximum temperature I should leave the room as?
Should I let my farmed plants grow to 100% size, or should I just harvest them when ready?

>Be raider
>Colony treats me like hot dogshit and expects me to lift a finger for them
>Sleep off the entire raid
>Continue sleeping as tattered warband flees in utter terror
>Roll over and dream comfy dreams as assholes die all around me

How do you guys normally deal with fallen ships? I walled in part of it then set up some walls with sandbags. I took out the mechanoids but it was a little dicey, just wondering if someone has a better idea.

this seed though

I set up roofed embrasures around it at key points then attack it during the day.

X= wall x= sandbag o = colonist
o oo oo o
XXxXXxXXxXX

They stand behind a wall and lean out over a sangbag + darkness cover makes it really hard for them to be shot. Also helps to have 1 guy bunkered up closer to the ship off to the side with EMP grenades.

Syntax fucked that up but you get the idea, put a colonist behind each wall and they lean out into the square with the sandbag, two people can fire per sangbag square.

mortar it, the mechs will attack you when it reaches low %

boars are good yes, cheaper to maintain version of the normal pig but give less food/leather
they are mostly useful as an easy to obtain hauling animal, once you get big dogs its better to use them or bears if you want to have something that can defend you
rice and corn goes on the best soil, potatos wherever you want
you dont need a cooler for the batteries, no natural event can cause a room to heat up to burning steel temperatures
if you are worried about a fire inside the battery room heating it up, just keep the door always open
dont really know, i imagine there is a penalty for harvesting them early though

Every playthrough trying to tame a wild boar has led to injuries, death or gameover. I stick with something like alpacas and then buy a male and female dog to train up my slave dog haulers.

Are there essential mods for this yet? I want to start my first serious playthrough.

As the Professor would say... it's not safe to go into the tall grass without a starter dog

now recruit him.

> playing alone

is that a fun playstyle? I never thought to really consider it. Seems ultra bleak.

You're only alone for about a week until the first wanderer joins.

Post your favorite colonist.

Don't worry, his wife's son will save him

> incapable of art
> conceptual artist

Keyword: conceptual.

Does that make infestations more common?

Interesting setup, but I usually go with this user . I will now use both. Never had luck with mortar, though I presume the EMP shell would do massive damage.

Is there a way of creating jobs in a way so that I can for example automatically create a piece of art then create some clothing and back to a piece of art again?

I had a badass guy who was a starter colonist and was a shit shooter so had to melee every raid.
By the third year he lost a leg, a jaw, both eyes got scarred, and had scars all over his body.
The guy was mostly our animal tamer/artist, but whenever raiders or mad animals showed up, he would grab that starter knife and go stab the closest nigger till he gets knocked down.
Ended up commissioning like 20 statuses in hopes of getting some of his achievements to decorate his glorious room with.

Is prisoner organ harvesting worth the mood debuff? I'm operating two prisoners to release them, and I was thinking if I should profit a lung and a kidney beforehand.

Nevermind... I decided to harvest it, the malus isn't that large.

1/4

yes it is
losing eyes/scratches on them can have a snowball effect that you dont even see
losing a kidney can cause a not so lethal illness to be 100% death
i am not sure on what stat exactly breathing affects, but having spares for asthma could be nice
a missing stomach will end up eating a lot of the pawns time every day
a heart is also nice to have just in case of a rare heart problem
question is if you can handle the stack of mood debuffs and how often are you getting prisoners
if not often, save up prisoners and mass harvest everything you can, there is a cap on how many times the debuffs stack
if its often you can stagger harvesting over a longer period

2/2. First raider neutralized and ready to release.

(I won't post the other... it's practically the same, except I removed his ears [he had hearing loss, 63yo] AND he can haul [and yet won't do plenty shit])

I decided to harvest a kidney and a lung from each; 2 prisoners. I won't outright kill them because I hope they come back on the next raid.

I got two simultaneous events, a manhunter pack of five elephants and probably the dumbest trade caravan on the planet.

The elephants spawned upper right of the map, the caravan entered from the upper left with my base in the center. I thought I had some good fortune, that they would get inside and camp out while I dealt with the elephants. For some reason the caravan didn't stop and walked through my base, went outside the limestone walls and to a point southeast. Instead of a more controlled takedown of the elephants I had to rush my men out to prevent the caravan from being massacred.

So the caravan gets to a point southeast on the map and only then do they decide that they want to go back and camp out in my dining hall. With my guys shooting over their heads, the caravan members not noticing the elephants until they’re right on top of them (then responding by throwing grenades at the beasts) I’m astonished that there wasn’t more friendly fire…what a shit show.

Is the tool cabinet worth it?

And off you go. Goodbye Cougar and Andrei, be happy with your pirate friends!

>broken cargo pod event
>contained silver
Thank you sky-gods, for giving me good shit after sending a raid with molotovs during a drought, which I am still fighting the fallout of.

>didn't remove second peg leg
Amateur.

holy shit you are lucky, the game really tried to get the caravan faction to hate you

But then they wouldn't go away!

Send us the seed, my man.

All according to plan, getting alot of tribal raids and only one pirate siege. Going to need more guns for my tribe.

So, still year one, is it worth it to make smokeweed/psychoid to offset some of my settler's negative moods? Everyone hates each other, my only couple just got a divorce, fist-fighting happens every 4-5 days.

I think smokeleaf takes like one season and a half to yield some well leafs. Should have thought about that before they start killing each others, hope some raiders bring their drugs with them so you can loot them after taking them down. I suggest buying some cheap drugs from your next caravan and if you have enough room to plant non edible plants then do it.

Space for growing plants is not an issue, in fact I have planted a 6x6 plot of hops for making sellable booze, but maby I should use that beer to make my colonists less miserable.

Heatwave + flash storm + boomerlope herds = TOASTY

don't forget solar flare

>tfw psychic drone

>mining out a nearby mountain to make a fortress
>a bunch of giant insects spawn inside it and destroy the 8 gun turrets I had placed and was just about to connect to my electrical grid

I love the sound of boomalopes exploding when there's a toxic fallout.

How hard is to create a mod for this game guys?

that depends on the mod
there are simple value edit mods that are as easy as editing a .txt file
then there is CCL

i mean, i want to create some new gear for the colonist and perhaps a gun or two.
and also a shield like those of the knight mod

would that be hard for someoneone with no idea what to do?

download notepad ++
download the uscm mod ( it has armors and weapons in it thats why i picked it )
and check all the files in the mod folder
you'll have to design the weapons + armor
the armor is annoying because you have to create textures for it for the different body types too
for stats you can copy some vanilla items and just edit their info to match what you want
as for shields look into high caliber about how he did his shield item
hardest part will be texturing if you decide to take the easy way and just take and modify vanilla item stats

i see, thanks.

Is there any point to rescuing pod shits?

if you dont like them and dont want them to die
a shitty family member for example

Is there any way to reduce social fights? Everyday or two I have colonists fighting, one even lost a finger.

>toxic fallout half a year into the colony
>kills all the animals

Yay, free big game.

Get them all stoned?

nope

Unless they're family relation I scrap them for organs.

Rate my shack.

Just waiting on the build dirt anywhere research to complete. Mods = cheats :3

>when the nutjob you crashed with murders and eats your daughter in the night

I'm so fucking sick of this game.

Mental break reason: urgently hungry.

So this fucking spastic decides to beat the shit out of his father because he's hungry instead of fucking going and eating some fucking food, which I have in copious amounts?

Is there a way to just turn off the mental system? It's so fucked it's basically irredeemable.

Also
>too busy playing horsehoes to do life-saving surgery on my daughter, better to let her die than interrupt my fucking game without the hand of God commanding me to

This shit game requires so much trivial micromanagement.

>toxic fallout
>right at winter start
>free frozen meat for an entire season