Best performance summer/rain tires?

Best performance summer/rain tires?

I live in Florida so ice and snow are no problem, but the rainy season is extremely dangerous when the highway has a few inches of water on it.

BFG Sport Comp-2 might do you alright.

Mpss

I'll give these a look, decent pricing
*pictured, sadly they do not come in the size I need

I run Bridgestone S04's on most shit.

Michelin Pilot Sports are decent but do not last like the Bridgies. I have used them on everything from STI swapped Subaru RS's to my current Z/28. No complaints in the dry or rain as a day to day tire.

>*pictured, sadly they do not come in the size I need
That sucks, I just got a set for my car and they are great. I was looking at others, but the MPSS had the best ratings for road noise in a summer tire.

>highway has a few inches of water on it.
Tires won't really matter a whole lot in that much water since you probably shouldn't be going that fast, or even traveling at all, on flooded roads.

ha
spoken like a flyover idiot

2nding this
I moved from pilot sports to those.
All the reviews I read suggested they had better wet road handling than the competition. They don't feel as nice as the pilots, but they're cheaper so that was expected.

not him, but a few inches is a shit ton of water to be standing on a highway

>bragging about being able to drive in the rain
>mfw

Come up north and drive in a winter storm.

it happens, sometimes it rains so hard you cant see out of the windshield. the water doesn't drain off of the highway fast enough and leaves a constant flow of water across the surface

>people from different places are good in different conditions
wow really?

I liked mine. They don't last very long, but very few summers do. I got about 15,000 miles out of mine.

>performance tires
>on a DD shitbox

trackday drivers everywhere just cringed

Anyone have experience with these?

I have a pair in the front. But i honestly havnt driven them in the rain, in the dry there good

Just run semi-slicks and drift thru every corner lil nigga

What size are those? Also how are they price wise

I had continental dw on my last car. Seemed to be decent and a good price.

these are 195 50 r15. they cost me 140 for the pair. i think its pretty cheap. havent bought many tires though so nothing to compare them too

Depends what you're really looking for in a tire. I'd say for a daily Michelin PSS is your best bet, but they don't come in sizes friendly to any wheels under 17 inches

R E - 7 1 R
E
|
R

a few inches would be like a fucking ocean on the road

Between the two, I would take the BFGs, they are higher-rated at basically any tire retailer. I ran Pilot Sport A/S on my VW (RIP) and they are absolutely amazing, would totally recommend. I hear the BFG is very similar to PS/PSS A/S tires.

I actually run the BFG Sport Comp-2 A/S and have nothing bad to say about them. Only reason I run the all season though is because it shows 5 times a year, in Florida you should be fine with the summer version. Also, great rain tire. Really, really good.

Bridgestone potenza re-71r.
they're sticky as fuck disguised as 200tw tires.

Continental ExtremeContact DW

Anyone ever use the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500?

dis nigga right here

I'm speaking from personal experience on the PSS, I've driven them in a torrential downpour in my Subie. Perfectly stable, didn't even feel like I would ever loose traction at highway speeds

Federal 595 RS-R. They're the official fast tire of poorfags everywhere. $75/corner and they grip like Rivals and RE-71s. Who cares that they wear quickly when they're half the cost of everything else?

Conti ExtremeContact DW (NOT DWS), they have nearly the same performance as PSS in the dry but have much better wet performance than the PSS.

Ran PSS before and they are the best summer road tire, got some Conti DW tires on tirerack because they were dirt cheap and was impressed with dry and really impressed with wet performance.

PSS are great in the rain and great over all in the summer.

Michelin

PS CUP 2
PSS
PS4
PS3

The Firehawk looks suspiciously close in tread design to the Bridgestone RE-11, considering that Bridgestone is the parent company. Difference is probably in compound, and most sizes are not made in Japan.

Could be a poorfag's RE-11, might buy them as my next set of tires.

How good are some of these tires as daily drivers?

Where the fuck do you live in Florida where there are inches of rain on the highway?

But get some PSS's. Best tire hands down.

What about the PSP?