/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Multiplayer has been disabled from Friend List if your firmware is below 11.1. Updating is safe for everyone already running CFW. Holdouts can update Luma or use ctr-httpwn.
-Nintendo released 11.1, patching Browserhax and Menuhax. Most entrypoints have been updated to work. BootNTR update available.
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.1 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-a9lh without 2.1 downgrade demonstrated for New 3DS. gbatemp.net/threads/443187/

>Vita
-New Maidump release 233.2z2 www78.zippyshare.com/v/c3GfB0HN/file.html , Taiko DLC, God Eater is said to work
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

Other urls found in this thread:

vita.taiko-ch.net/dlc/songpack14.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GR DLC when

first for No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either still doesn't work.

Looking for a fix on Vita for Error C2-12828-1.

Could someone dump the individual ratchet and clank games with the new MaiDump?

Starting by R&C 1.

chinese semen

I choose this one

hurdur ebin man!

bad dump

>The Current Year
>There are plebs still using shitty useless a9lh over superior menuhax + rxTools combo
Are you even trying?

It's the second Trails of Steel undub I've tried.

not necessarily. I get that on my own dumps with mai and vitamin.

Stop.

How do you make Taiko DLC work? I don't have them showing, I moved the update into the Taiko map and put the DLC in addcont_mai but still have nothing showing.

What do you do to fix it? chink magic?

Okay, and how the hell do you fix it?

It's asking about an update if that matters.

Somebody please rip God Eater.

Soon! Can we all take a break from the arguing. And post about games we are hyped for or currently playing?

>I thought I could buy cubic ninja so I can just homebrew it again
Wait, you mean you can't?

Chinese semen/Chink magic, cockwad.
It'll fix it.

I'm hyped for River City Ransom.

> not using gateway

Which version of Fates do I need to get for DLC to download from Freeshop?
Do I need to download a cia of one of the EU retail versions?

You're ebin.

well chinese magic wont work with the new mai, as the new mai now dumps all suprx files.

If it's an old dump, you use the old chinese files.

is it still good to hack n3DS with update 11.1?

No, enjoy your useless paperweight.

I have the old mai.

Please tell me about said trick so I can move the fuck on.

You can't hack it without either hardmodding it, or a second already hacked 3DS which can transfer over an exploited DSiWare title with a System Transfer.

If neither of those are an option, the best you can do is use a few exploitable gamecards like Smash Bros, OoT, Cubic Ninja, Freakyforms Deluxe or Paper Mario Sticker Star as 11.1 entrypoints.

you take the chinese modules and put them in the modules folder of the game that currently isn't working.

I feel like the natural question is, where do I get the chinese modules?

i do have a 2nd hacked 3ds. Thanks. I just thought I was fucked taking this long to hack my 2nd one

or get the new mai have it do it for you.

Good morning /vitagen/

What da fuq. Been gone for half a day from /hbg/ and already working taiko DLC dump and god eater dump available. You faggots are HA-HAYIAI

???? he ask this stupid ass qurstion and you spoonfed him politely? I asked where do I put the fucking update file and you call me a retard. double standard here. go fuck yourself fag

either from the Firefly Diary mai dump, or the odin sphere dump. there are links floating around with these uploaded separately.

God Eater/PSP/ps1 yet?

I never answered you about some stupid update problem. Did you forget that this is an anonymous image board? I think you are mistaken.

PS1's been out. God eater's being uploaded.

you have to enable it in maitools

Been a while since I came to HBG
I noticed that ninjahax is not listed
What happened to it ?

It still works, you just need to scan 13 QR codes if you are on 11.1 now. It's not listed because we have better entrypoints.

No becauss this isnt vitagen or nintengen

I love you dude. God bless the one that dumped dr wily stage too.

Cubic Ninja still works, as of a couple days ago it got fixed up.

Well thats confusing. Where is this at again?

will there be a way to downgrade the vita soon?

no

How do I get Freeshop DLC to work with Rusty's baseball?

How to go up to 3.60?
I was keeping my vita in a 3 years olf FW for the PSP stuff but looks like this henkaku thing is getting PSP games too, right?

Does anyone have IA/VT so we can get a Mai dump for the DLC (it doesn't work with the vitamin dump)

Where's the best place to find a cia of Fire Emblem Fates EU retail?

I have one

Redump of literally everything when? :^)

WHERE ARE YOU TAIKO OWNERS? TELL ME WHICH DLC YOU HAVE AND LET'S BUY THEM ALL:

vita.taiko-ch.net/dlc/songpack14.php

Google "update ps vita to 3.60" and what comes up.
And you might want to just keep it on whatever old fw you have just in case something happens with that low of a firmware.

If I've got 3ds 9.9.0 do I need to downgrade and shiet or will the browser hack shit still work?

No you need to update to 11.1.

And?
Any links?
Does it allow you to download DLC with Freeshop?

So which SNES9x version should I actually use for Vita for keeping it 60 fps as much as possible?

Retroarch with 2002 core? 2005 core? 2005 plus core? 2010 core? Official Snex9x Vita? CATSFC?

is ps2 emulation possible for the vita?

nuh uh

kek

2005 without plus for now, 2010 in a next future.

I'm on 10.7
SO just forget about using the ninjahax right ?

Shit still has issues on PC, don't expect it on the Vita.

Thanks user. I mean I could have just done a bunch of comparing but you saved me some time.

i dont want my 3ds anymore

If you have it you can still use it.
Since you're on 10.7 you can readily use CubicNinja to set up MenuHax, or go ahead with the 9.2 downgrade so you can do A9LH installation

>but muh sun moon

>notice about launching DS roms from SD still not re-added
Please re-add it next time and keep up to date on the thread

So wait, do you have to launch the game through Mai, or is this some sort of global setting you apply in Mai?

>recent news

Shit son, send that shit my way.

2005 runs pretty well for now, only bugs i found is with romancing saga 3 translated rom, characters sprites are interlaced in selection menu when game starts, that's strange, there is not such bug with 2010 core but it's really slower

fuck off autismo

it's a per game thing, moves and re-writes files to load in the specified way, it could really do with being done and the game being tested before it's uploaded

you know what i want /hbg/

after you install, just set this settings to five, and launch your game like you usually do, you have to di this once, and this mode is just for launching dlc.

It's in active development. Not adding it, makes it easy to forget.

So would I want that setting for any game that uses DLC then?

There are lots of things in active development. Some just as slow and unlikely to happen.

this?
obviously

why does the 3ds have so many cracks and crevises for dirt to get into, it makes me want to cry

Alright. Now, would this help for our issues with some Atelier games not loading DLC properly, or would we need the games redumped via Mai?

if the old dump as already been dumped with mai, it should work

Can I get browser/menohax running on 11.1.0-34U?

>Save your game often, especially if you plan to use any nude girl in your party. The game can and will crash. Opening up the skills, item or status menu while in a map may also cause a crash.
What is the reason for this? Is it because you simply deleted the underwear? Is it possible to instead make existing underwear "transparent" for the game not to crash?

Well so far our dumps are a mix of Vitamin 1.0 and 2.0, with the 2.0 dumps supposedly having issues. I'm not really sure if it's worthwhile for a few outfits.

SOMEONE UPLOAD COLD STEEL II CLEAR SAVE

so you need a mai dump.
for example, old taiko dumps work with dlc, we only had to set this setting in maidumptool.

DS homebrew can already be loaded from SD card.
It won't take very long more for roms to do the same.

sun and moon leaks when?

5*4+1 days

Yes?
No?
Maybe?
Fucked?

if i can get this fucking dlc to work, goddamn!

Game doesn't like uncompressed TID files apparently. I don't know of any way to compress them.

what did you do, i help you famaland, it's working perfectly for me.

It has and will continue to take long. Literally not recent news.