/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Rejected:
>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XVDN2xz3MK8&feature=youtu.be
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/87144
youtube.com/watch?v=eTjNruIl_M8
youtube.com/watch?v=-J-LZQBl7hw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for how do I get good with fist weapons?

DS2 best game in the series

xth for what are the odds of faith getting a usable miracle/weapon in the DLC

yo waddup?

nth for surprisingly viable builds

We seen the one very slow disc
That's it lol

Yeah if you want that's your opinion man

>tfw no das3 gargbutt

WHATSU THAT? U WAN KATANA? :^)

>Poise was a mistake
>It made DS1 into a backstab
>It had nothing to do with netcode, its poise just poise!
>It had nothing to with instant trigger, no it was all poise's fault
>it had nothing to do with roll-tech, no it was just poise!
>Poise is the devil!
>Poise is easy mode! Let me roll a million times instead!

youtube.com/watch?v=XVDN2xz3MK8&feature=youtu.be

DELETE THIS

>slow projectile speed
>fast cast speed
>projectile returns to caster

Think about this for, like, two seconds. You can spam it to make a wall of shiny light in front of you.

Great Magic Shield + Bonewheel is surprisingly robust

Reminder that in third stage pus of man will burst out of wolf.

poise

If we don't have a pus of man transformation by the second DLC, I'm going to be sad.

To be honest, user, the should have balanced DaS1 poise instead of completely removing it.

Them doing a second attack is what makes it instant in that video.

What if they did balance it?

What if DaS3 poise is as balanced as poise can get?

Delete this before ultras become worst-tier class in the game

Halp guys is this normal then when playing DaS with M&K every once in a while my character refuses to attack and just stand still like an asshole?

Also, this game's action queuing is fucking bonkers.

Also also, I see no fucking reason why I would play with a controller, shit's clunky and way less precise.

All they had to do was
>no instant BS
>All greatweapons instabreak poise
That's it

does it add to the damage? or just the stability?

Wrong, several of them tried to roll away after one attack and was magentized to the backstab.

COMPANY OF CHAMPIONS DS3 EDITION WHEN
CURVED NIL GREATSWORD WHEN
LIGHTSABERS WHEN

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/87144

Guys am I doing this right? R8 & h8

ye

youtube.com/watch?v=eTjNruIl_M8

I think one of the biggest problems was that the players had access to poise values that were too high.

Are players like this just people that can't get good at fighting games, so they have to play a pvp game where there is a "epic" looking and easy to do high damage move? A lot of them only seem interesting in stuff like that if they videos are anything to go by.

reposting just to get answer to second part, is it worth it to have a secondary straight sword or should it just be a hardswap to save equip load?

WHICH IS IT

>people are still crying about poise

It's not coming back. It was a flawed mechanic just like chain backstabbing.

>boss weapon
>first wave of players who finished the dlc will spam the guardbreak + hornet riposte
>it either gets nerfed or it's innately unviable like all slow af shield bashes
Dead on arrival.

i intent to do a pure stealth build by using the obscuring ring, slumbering dragoncrest ring and the untrue dark ring for hiding like a complete bitch.

should i go with the sniper crossbow or should i change into a bow and go along with the hawk ring?

also, what kind of melee weapon would you guys recomment?

Is this for PvP or PvE?

We didn't have an Irithyll knight moveset transformation in the base game despite the tech being fresh and stable from Bloodborne

We will not have transformations beyond le goat form, period

i have a similar issue too, sometimes the rolls don't register - i thought i was rolling too late during the fights at first, but then i just tried rolling around a bonfire a bunch of times and sometimes the character would just keep walking even if i had enough stamina to roll

DaS3 poise -

>You have an invisible meter of 100.

>When it gets to 0, you stagger whether or not you're in hyperarmor.

>Poise reduces incoming stagger damage by the given percentage.

>Poise damage is calculated at all times regardless if you're in hyperarmor or not.

>Weapons have anywhere from 5 to 30 stagger damage, + or - for attack modifiers.

>Some HA attacks have a modifier that increases or decreases your poise during attacks.

>The meter automatically refreshes back to 100 every 30 seconds or after hitting 0.

It's retarded and overcoded, but it's not complicated.

>I think one of the biggest problems was that the players had access to poise values that were too high.
No, it was that slow weapons couldn't stagger properly. Havels won't save you from proper fast weapon usage, Obobobobobobo proved that many times.

what is the dude in the vid actually talking about?

But it's deep dude. Even if it is the only deep thing about the pvp, it makes the whole pvp deeeeeep. Now, excuse me while I scream at my mom on stream.

There should've been sulyvahn's beast mode, if only for the berserk reference.

Why is he so perfect ?

PvP of course, especially to piss off Chugger fight Clubs.

THANK YOU

>Also also, I see no fucking reason why I would play with a controller, shit's clunky and way less precise.

>sniper crossbow or should i change into a bow and go along with the hawk ring?
Both are useless as fuck even with obscuring ring they're peashooters. Go greatbow.

>Mexican lagmaster gets dirty backstabs
Also at 11, water is wet and there's a conflict in the middle east.

Lost at the file name you piece of faggot

you mean perfectly easy to kill with Pestilent Mercury?

Anyone wanna model some fashion ideas I have?

I have ones in mind for DaS1/2/3, but I won't be home for a couple days and I'd like to see how shitty they are.

DaS1: Standard Helm, Black Iron Armor, Shadow Gauntlets, Shadow Leggings

DaS2: Alonne Knight Helm, Benhart's Armor, Faraam Gauntlets, Falconer Boots

DaS3: Fallen Knight Helm, Undead Legion Armor and Gauntlets, Alva Leggings

He conquered shit and made his people unquestionably loyal to him by doing so.

>damage control

I have done the same shit before. Its especially easy against large weapons.

Please don't bully Storm King.

Yeah but watch the video. That shit isn't nearly as easy on a good connection. He's vacuuming people like it's Demon's Souls because his ISP is using fucking telegraph lines.

How is DaS3 on PS4?
Is it still alive or what?

Reposting from the old thread.

One of the things that I don't particularly enjoy about how the sequels treated the lore is how while in Dark Souls 1 you could make the case that the placement of items and the existence of them in the game world is part of some thought out backstory not presented that you could use to fill in the blanks of the lore with, in the sequels they have them a lot of the time because "the fans wanted it". Which is legit, but that turned me seriously off from trying to make guesses about DS3's lore by analyzing returning items / things. It's simply there because "it's cool" if it's even a remotely plausible explanation.

They didn't plan for Dark Souls to become a trilogy and it shows.

>they're peashooters. Go greatbow.

That's why i want to pick them, you will be amazed how many people arent paying any attention to any bolt or arrow flying towards them unless you actually hit the head or the Host.

Personally I went with a DEX build with enough INT for Hidden Body. Combined with Untrue Dark Ring and Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring it allows me to sneak up on the host and land some pretty funny backstabs with my +10 Sharp Dagger.

You can also use Untrue White Ring in combination with Hidden Body to look like a phantom in another world:

youtube.com/watch?v=-J-LZQBl7hw

Just killed the good pontiff, wondering if I should reallocate my points to only int/Fai and go the caster route or if relying on vestiges for range and strong arming my way through things with DGA is better.

Is there a DSMODT for DaS3 ?

very gud!!!

It is easy. Doesn't matter what the connection.

Anyone remember when people thought he was the leader of a skeleton covenant?

Then you're just as laggy as him or you didn't watch the video where he's sucking people 5-10 feet into his sword.

Was Wolnir black when he was alive ?

You will be wasting your time buying arrows every invasion when they can avoid your shots or block them. The damage is hardly life threatening even when they're at low hp they can block if the first shot doesn't kill them. If you're waiting for them to be at a sliver of hp to shoot, you will wait forever especially when you invade people who aren't retarded.

He wuz kangs n sheit

What are you fucking nuts?
>zero black npcs
What makes you think they'll make a nigger boss

Carthus was a desert land
At least very tanned I guess but he could have been black

That's From netcode you dumbshit. I have 125 mb/s and 15 ping. Keep moving goalposts, backstabs were a mistake and removing poise was too.

Seeing people all hyped about DS3 before release made it all the more sad to see people being super jaded about the game after I had finished it spoiler-free.

I hope y'all at least enjoyed the game in the release?

>zero black npcs

SOLAIRE IS A NIGGER

>wuz a kang
>ruled a sand kingdom
>you get Black Serpent from his soul
Probably.

>backstabs were a mistake and removing poise was too
On that we're pretty much in agreement. You're still lagging like a motherfucker if you can pull of what he's doing in that video though.

STRAID ISN'T BLACK IT'S A DARK ROOM
STOP POSTING THIS

Sandniggers since they're from deserts and the carthus warriors look like they're inspired by Saracens.

I loved the game at release, pic related+extended time with the mechanics+cut content letdowns+dlc letdowns+ptde circlejerk has made me a lot more jaded

A kindred spirit!

Maughlin and Straid but they were in DS2, which has probably been declared non-canon.

Coincidentally Miyazaki games have had ZERO black people (unless I'm missing some at Bloodborne).

So with the Claymore should you ignore dex and infuse a heavy gem or go quality?

>no scales
>no legs
>perfect
bitttch please

>y'all
What's up, ENB ?

when all else fails

Quality with 27 STR and 40 DEX since you'll just want 2hand with it anyway.

I'm not ENB, you big silly goose.
I just have been watching a lot of his streams lately

he also had an actual room, unlike the weird teleport it does in the final game. I get the feeling that carthus has some cut content.

For comparison

>first and only black npc in the series
>found in a jail
>surrounded by jihadists
uhmm, from?

>carthus has some cut content.
nigga that's yhorm's room

>Cathedral knights buff their weapon to leave lingering holy bombs

>we dont get that

what the fuck was From smoking when they did the weapons this time?

You mean viable against scrubs right?

Shields are the easiest thing in the world to beat in this game. Just equip Knight Slayer and mash R1.