What does Veeky Forums think of the CLA class?

What does Veeky Forums think of the CLA class?

Used ones are under 25k. I'm getting a new car in about 6 months, they will be around 22-23 by then. Should I get one?

Garbage. FWD plastic trash MB made to sell to plebs.

There are also 4matic AWDs available and they are surprisingly good according to so many reviews.

sup pleb.

looks like shit. taillights look gay as fuck

Absolute and utter garbage. I don't sell them per say, but I had a short conversation with a guy who worked at a Benz dealership who told me it's the worst car they sell. The C-class and up, especially for the new ones, are pretty nice and you're getting more than just the badge, but the CLA is just that - a cheap commuter car with a Benz badge stuck on it that inherits the reliability and repair costs of its bigger siblings.

If trust fund kids buy it, it's probably a shit car, and trust-fund kids fucking love the CLA because it's got the badge, but is cheaper than a C-class.

Made for badgewhores. None of the Mercedes quality or luxury you expect. Why buy a shitty cla when you could buy a used E350.

Because they can get a newer CLA versus an older E.

Age and miles matter.

SHIT.

Buy a used Lexus IS350. A better car in every way.

>not american
>not a ford
>doesn't have an ecoboost

>implying AWD will make a shit 30k fresh out of college car any better

a car that screams i don't have enough money to afford some more expensive Merc but this might do
also looks like utter shit

On 1 hand, it pulls off the swooping look better than the yacht looking cls, on the other hand... It's a modern day benz with all the reliability problems that modern day benzes come with.

so, that means is a good a car

shitty MB that was only made so poor can afford. they pretend it's not just a shitty FWD small sedan

Of course it does. It'll cost a tad-bit higher than the non-AWD when selling it in the used-car market. And the traction.

What are you smoking?

The swooping proportions work much better on the overall larger CLS. The CLA looks like a midgette with down syndrome.

Just because it's AWD doesn't mean it's a good AWD system

It's a nice car. Every Veeky Forumstist will shit on it tho, because poor sour grapes.

Its a nice car if you dont caare about cars

No, it's a nice car. End of.
If you didn't care about cars, you'd be driving a Corolla or a Civic, not a CLA.

No it's not. The new Civic is more luxurious.

does it have typical mercedes build quality?

The Civic could have an interior encrusted with diamonds. It's still un ugly ass bland appliance.

what makes it good?

but thats what the pagani huayra looks like inside, and nobody likes that.

In what way?

The benz looks better, goes faster, has a better interior, and has actual brand prestige. Sure its the shittiest benz but its still a benz

Good engines, really good looking (although it's subjective) and decent build quality.
It's a bit overpriced, but that comes with the badge.
I wouldn't buy one, I'd go for a Giulietta or a 1 series, but it's still a nice car.

>good engines
The 250 engine is a POS 4 cylinder. The 45 engine is better, but it's under heavy boost and will likely explode in a few years.

>decent build quality
If you sit in a CLA, then sit in a traditional entry-level luxury/sport car (e.g. 340i, XE, IS350), you'll notice that the CLA has way more plastic and will actually creak when you push down on the plastic panels...

>Giulietta
I haven't driven this yet but I'd agree. The Giulietta is going to be a far better car. I don't think they're in the same price range though.

>The 250 engine is a POS 4 cylinder.
I'd buy a A200d.

>The 45 engine is better, but it's under heavy boost and will likely explode in a few years.
Literally every boosted 4 banger is under heavy boost, and most are pretty reliable.
Only the first highly boosted ones (i.e. VAG 1.4 TSI) had issues, and they weren't block related.

>If you sit in a CLA, then sit in a traditional entry-level luxury/sport car (e.g. 340i, XE, IS350), you'll notice that the CLA has way more plastic and will actually creak when you push down on the plastic panels...
What'd you expect? It's cheaper than any other car you mentioned.

>I haven't driven this yet but I'd agree. The Giulietta is going to be a far better car. I don't think they're in the same price range though.
It's a bit cheaper, yes.

How is it a nice car exactly?

thats fucking bad son.
even a focus is nicer

europoor defense force has arrived. defending the homeland.

The badge on the steering wheel.

Seriously though, if you are buying a Mercedes you better be buying an E-Class or higher.

Everything else is utter trash with fake leather as standard.

are you fucking blind ? the cls and 7 audi look way better than this CLA throwback to 90s-00s soapbox look

>I'd buy a A200d.
And your personal opinion matters how? We're talking about objective facts.

>Literally every boosted 4 banger is under heavy boost, and most are pretty reliable.
Most of them are under like 15 psi. The CLA45 has 26 psi or something crazy like that. There's a reason nobody else really uses that much boost in a stock car...

>What'd you expect? It's cheaper than any other car you mentioned.
That's true, but it still doesn't change the fact that the CLA is cheaply made.

Poorfag

Holy fuck they didn't even bother to get a bigger screen to fill the fake tablet bezel. There's so much cheap plastic too. This is truly Ford Focus level.

If you don't have navigation, the screen is smaller. It's like that on all Mercedes. No navigation = smaller screen

seems everyone here drives a 2016 c-class or higher

>topkek you plebs

Well yeah

wtf I hate Mercedes now

Right now, I'm about to start my first year of college with a Civic.

However, if I'm ever in the market for a luxury sedan, it will not be anything less than an E-Class.

The new Benzes are fucking plush. I have no clue how a person can compare a bimmer or an Audi to one of those and not end up going with the Benz. I hate LED dashes, but, y'know, what can you do? It's the future.

Luxury.... Is not an e class

Then what is luxury?

Technically luxury is f-segment and above

Luxury is amenities and comfort.

The new E-Class has all of that and more. Of course it is "luxury."

Pic mostly unrelated.

>Mercedes Cimmaron

Why do all new MBs look so........ feminine....

Garbage.These were literally only made so that Mercedes had a car cheap enough for common plebs to buy new because they needed a larger buyer base to lure into their better cars in the future. If you want something FWD just get a loaded Accord V6, if you want something with AWD just get a Subaru Legacy. If you want a proper luxury car that's equally as cheap get a used 3-Series, C-Class or a Lexus.

>even a focus is ricer
FTFY

>Buy a CLA
>C class exists