Best car under $30k

I'm moving to the Bay Area soon and I have about $30k-35k to spend on a car (before tax). I'm looking for a car that's:

- quick (

Oh yeah, forgot to mention if it's auto, it has to be a good auto (e.g. DCT or fast TC auto like ZF 8-speed).

Hyundai Genesis Coupe

I know the perfect car but I wont tell you what it is because I dont want you to buy it

Used Chevy volt. Allows you to use the hov lane, uses no gas except maintenance burn if you drive under 35 miles a day.

Nah I don't really like the Genesis Coupe. If I were going for something purely sporty, the new Mustang would be a better choice. I want better build quality though.

I actually enjoy driving cars. I don't wanna be some tech yuppie driving a Volt, Prius, or Tesla.

I enjoy driving too. I'd still suggest a volt. Get a fun car for the weekend.

5k Corolla dd
8k mr2
10k for mawds
12k for a decade of repairs

Fair enough. I'd rather just have 1 car. I don't plan on using it to commute so really it's just my fun/weekend car.

Are you looking at used? or new?

I am not sure you are going to be able to hit those requirements. Mainly the "no squeaks/rattle/shitty-built interiors" and the "handles well' criteria.

New or used. There has to be something in the 30-35k range that's not rattly and handles well. Also when I say "handles well", I don't mean handles like a 911 or anything. If it's like 335i level that's good enough.

Cayman. Anything else and you're a faggot.

How reliable are they though?

I would think of some sort of recent used 4 door sporty sedan with around 40k miles or something. Maybe something 4 yrs old.

I don't have a lot of expertise in this area, but I would think a Lexus would meet most of your criteria. Or maybe an Infiniti g37.
A BMW could fit those criteria but idk about the reliability.

A used cts might be up your alley too.

The only cars I have had extensive experience with are American cars with 90's plastic interior.

Good luck on finding a car.

Pretty reliable.

2017 ford fusion sport

E92 M3

Yeah I've been looking at E9x 335is. I've just heard some bad stories about the E9x 335is. They could just be isolated to the N54 models though.

To this day, the E92 M3 is my favorite looking 3 series body style. I would love to have one, but I don't think I'd buy one without warranty. I've heard some really bad stuff about the E92 M3 reliability wise.

Any other opinions?

Just get an E46 M3

>Bay Area

Just get the cheapest shitbox you can find. 96% of your time is gonna be spent sitting in traffic anyways.

Ecoboost Mustang