pastebin.com/w5jdaGVn

>Old 2015 /kf2g/ pastebin info (old server IPs):
pastebin.com/gCA9DkDw

EU servers:
open 85.236.101.21:8077?password=rage
open 51.254.187.123:7777

US server:
open 70.178.17.101:7777

Full release date: November 18 on PC and PS4.

If your reload/bash/grenade keys don't work make sure your KFInput.ini is not set as read-only.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/2nz4qqz83a1b11h/KF-LowerDistrict.kfm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for dying before bump limit

>It work as intended.
Fuck off, Gibson/Serb.

First for demo is for sexing

>Horzine has its own logo
>Tripwire puts engravings on the weapons that say "KF2" when they come out of Horzine dispensers

Why?

Lore-wise, they are 3D printed guns that had their blueprints based off of whatever they found.
So some sucker that had KF2 engraved into his gun must have dropped it or died and that became the base model they use in trader pods.
Simple as that.
Also, the Horzine logo kind of implies they made the gun, which isn't really true for the overwhelming majority of the guns.

They could still modify them to have the logo to show that it came from Horzine's dispensers.

Okay, at this point you're just gonna keep thinking I'm baiting while desperately fishing for (You)s yourself. I don't care, I'll indulge you one last time.

>no high unlikely definition
Do you want a fucking mathematical equation, you weapons-grade turboautist? Go ask a fucking mathematician for that.
It's "highly unlikely" because, as I've said, making a riot shield that isn't boring would require a lot of effort, and this is Tripwire "10th Perk? But I Don't Wanna Work!" Interactive we're talking about. They will take the path of least resistance to cater to the riot shield wanting autists who just want a shield that functions identically to any other melee weapon and just blocks 60% of your screen.

>no explanation on how you measured it
Okay, here you go:
Chance of Tripwire making a new weapon for any given update: 1/30
Chance of Tripwire putting actual effort into making the weapon fun and unique: 1/220
Chance of Tripwire making a riot shield that is useful: 1/10
Chance of Tripwire making a riot shield that is fun: 1/90
Chance of Tripwire making a riot shield that is fun, useful, AND unique: 1/4,500

It's boring enough seeing the Horzine logo on the few guns that have them.
And on most posters.
And all over certain maps.
I'm tired of the Horzine logo. I know they're this huge company that runs like everything or something, but they make it look like they're the ONLY company in the world.
I would rather not see more Horzine logos on more guns. We have enough of that, both on the default models and even on certain cosmetics.

I would rather see the Horzine logo on more guns and them actually adding more variety to things unrelated to Horzine like different maps. The gun parts make sense since it comes from Horzine's machines. The rest is just laziness and lack of creativity on Tripwire's part.

>microwave gun is getting nerfed even more

ugh, no. More Horzine logos on guns= more Horzine sci fi shit guns.
I just want more gunplay with, you know, actual guns

Good. I hate that piece of trash.

Also when the zeds turn into marshmellow men it kind of freaks me out a little to be honest, it doesn't look right.

ded stupid piece of trash gaem

Well, "unique" is a subjective characteristic, in my opinion shield itself in this game will already be unique (because there is no shields in the game).

Same for "fun". Fun is subjective. For some people old and "very balanced" firebug was fun.
>I win and I had the most kills so I had fun

It's absolutely possible that the shield will not only be useful, but overpowered.

I'd say that chance of tripwire making riot shield not useless and not overpowered is like 4/10.

Still, all these numbers were taken from your head (so was mine), there is no explanation on how you measured or calculated them (you didn't), pretending that you have any idea of what is going to happen is pretty stupid.

You may guess right (they'll make it shit), but in fact what you're saying is bullshit.

>Still, all these numbers were taken from your head (so was mine), there is no explanation on how you measured or calculated them (you didn't)
Please, do explain how I would use a mathematical model to explain something purely hypothetical such as this. How would you even make an objective mathematical equation to give you accurate odds for how likely Tripwire would make a good riot shield?
What would you even base it on?
You would end up needing to guess or make assumptions at some point, especially when we don't have any sample sizes of Tripwire making riot shields before to compare to.

Yes, I made up those "statistics." But you're the one who is apparently extremely adamant about needing to be TECHNICALLY correct by saying I don't have any statistics to back up the fact that it's unlikely Tripwire will make a good riot shield. That's true, but if that somehow means what I'm saying has no value, you're spouting shit.
I can only be objective to a certain point, and I need to make assumptions and guesses on how a hypothetical scenario such as this would play out. Fucking everyone does.

I can't give you empirical evidence of what I predict Tripwire will/will not do. But I'm de facto correct on what I've said so far.

I think it's cute.

>I haven't seen any collected list of recommended builds though, but that's mostly because I play shitloads and keep up with /kfg/
Yeah, I haven't played KF2 much since the demo update
>weird shit like Napalm suddenly being really, really good
I guess we can start here, I feel like the firebug is pretty underwhelming so far. I feel like I'm just hitting a lot of enemies to get credit for an assist but nothing of actual assistance damage-wise. I feel like the normal flamethrower is stronger than microwave gun right now, but the "air blast" on the latter seems useful against the big guys. What skills are best for it?

when is the anime trap character, tripwire

>Tripwire can't even pull off ONE attractive female character
>expects them to pull off an attractive male character that looks like a female character
To be fair you can just play >Ana and it'd be pretty much the same thing.

Microwave gun is pretty trash all around at this point, it takes too long to kill stuff, and the knock back is unnecessary if you have the stumble skill since between that and fire panic you can keep things locked up nearly forever. If you want to knock back big guys to make them easier for the team to kill, just get yourself an offperk DBS and alt fire at them so they stumble back.

Skill wise I go
>Bring the Heat
>Ground Fire
>Napalm
>Heat Wave
>Inferno

Napalm and Heat Wave are the only ones I'd say are necessary though. The others you can switch out depending on preference/style of map you're on.

Get a Flamethrower ASAP, and you don't really need anything else so pick up whatever you want. A CnB for more fire, Trenchgun for ranged fire, C4 or M79 for explosions, SWAT weapon for ranged trash killin', DBS for scrake stumbles, literally whatever. Flamethrower is your core so build around it and your team comp.

Your job is to effortlessly kill trash, and only trash. Stay low and out of the way of the rest of your squad and puff at the feet of any trash trying to get into melee range. They'll melt near instantly. Don't touch big guys. If shit goes down, you take point and clear the escape route for everyone else. You team up well with zerks, medics, and demos since they generally don't like being swarmed by stalkers/crawlers/clot mobs and you can puff once and clear the lot of them.

You technically can kill big guys if you absolutely have to, between heat wave stumbles and fire panic they won't get much of a chance to ever attack, it just takes time, space to kite, ammo, and annoying everyone else because there's scrakes and fleshpounds sprinting everywhere willy-nilly flanking them and avoiding headshots.

Firebug is catching a general nerf soon, but this won't really affect their playstyle much. Napalm won't be as ridiculous, but it will still probably be better than Shrapnel, Microwave gun will still be hot garbage, and trash will still die fast.

You started insisting on those numbers and statements, not me. Both your assumptions and guesses are based on your subjective experience. You're logic is flawed, however, you might guess right in the end.

Lets assume that real and calculated chance of helicopter to crash is 0.01. You then say that "it will crash and I guarantee that". Helicopter crashes. You guessed right, but that's only a lucky guess and not a prediction.

I'll say it again, my little friend, in fact what you're saying is bullshit and any predictions are pointless.

>Someone joins with an anime avatar
>They're playing Ana

EVERYTIME

>Furry joins
>Ana
>They rage every SC/FP
Every time

Does Bring the Heat account for ground fires too? Thanks for these tips though, I can kind of make sense out of the perk now

did you hug your weaponfu lovingly today?

what's the point of this webm, why not just shoot the single husk?

>jumping over instead of instagibbing with dbs
>________________ana_________________

>Ana
>Crosshairs
>M4
What else did I miss

Oh look, another fucking DBS jump webm
>ana

I don't remember saying it's statistically impossible that the riot shield will turn out good, but if I did, I'll take that back.
It certainly ISN'T impossible for a riot shield to turn out good, but for my oh-so-subjective reasons, I doubt it will be.
>in fact what you're saying is bullshit and any predictions are pointless.
Then hoping for a riot shield in the first place is equally pointless since it could turn out horribly (regardless of if you want one or not) or Tripwire could backtrack on their statement and say they won't implement one.
If predictions, just because they don't contain empirical evidence, are pointless, why even bother with things such as weather forecasts, quantum tunneling, birthday presents, or really anything based on any amount of uncertainty that can't be mathematically guaranteed to turn out a certain way or have an accurate, calculated percentage slapped on just to back it up?

>Lets assume that real and calculated chance of helicopter to crash is 0.01. You then say that "it will crash and I guarantee that". Helicopter crashes. You guessed right, but that's only a lucky guess and not a prediction.
When there's a 1 in 100 chance of something not happening, you'd be UNlucky for it NOT to happen.
Again, they might not be technically correct in saying "I guarantee that" because of that 1/100 chance, but if you nitpick shit like that then I imagine the average conversation about daily topics between 2 people must set off about 30 different warnings in your head.
>what did you mean? Don't use slang or informal terms, I can't understand what you're saying if it's not spoken to me like I'm an early generation voice recognition program
>you said literally when it wasn't something literal!
>50/50? What? ACTUALLY, the chance of [thing] happening is about one in three hundred thousand twenty one
>you don't know? Are you stupid? What kind of non-answer is that? You must have some idea!

slows down the fleshpound :^)

Haha

Whoa.....

I miss the days when Scully was the go-to anime avatar character.

Must be some space-age metal!

MoonBase2 when?
>tfw the first space map was a shitty corridor simulator

>the second space map is ALSO a shitty corridor simulator
Really makes you think.

>having HUD enabled

>Patchy

Please come back I love you. I want to be the best commando just like you

>playing KF2

why does she look like a fat blob in that? I don't think Rae looks like that for me in-game..

>Then hoping for a riot shield in the first place is equally pointless
That's why I don't do that and am only curious about what we will get in the end.

>If predictions, just because they don't contain empirical evidence, are pointless, why even bother with things such as weather forecasts, quantum tunneling, birthday presents, or really anything based on any amount of uncertainty that can't be mathematically guaranteed to turn out a certain way or have an accurate, calculated percentage slapped on just to back it up?
Nice sophistry or just stupid/10, won't even bother to argue.

>When there's a 1 in 100 chance of something not happening, you'd be UNlucky for it NOT to happen.
CAPTAIN???

>you nitpick
>somebody is wrong on the internet system activated
Well, I'm sorry, I guess. Don't worry, you win.

Fuck off. If you think you're right just because you can't be arsed to argue anymore, you take that "victory." I don't want it.

let me cum in your butt

Firebug is good at big guys as a support for when they are already enraged.

classes like SS or SWAT are good at Combo-ing big zeds, which relies on killing them before they enrage.

Firebug (and support!) are good at helping out against big zeds once things have already got messy. Scrakes dont attack when they're on fire. It can save lives and keep them occupied while your team does the real damage

cmon now, we've had a good time once or twice at least.

I love you

>tfw every single pub i've met since i get back to this game was retarded
>tfw 3 zerks and none of them is trying to tank the boss, they all just shoot at it from eviscerators

Making webms with Ana should be a bannable offense.

This whole general should be a bannable offense

Can you tell us what the server is in the "Average Kf2 Game" video is?

I honestly don't even understand how the map design got so much worse from KF1 to KF2. I mean I guess the base maps are fine, but Containment Station? Infernal Realm? Hostile Grounds? They're all so fucking generic, it just feels like you're running in circles with no definitive landmarks. Not to mention that the "remade" maps (Biotics Labs/Farmhouse/Black Forest) are all objectively worse than their predecessors.

Why are you still alive /kfg/

>Containment Station? Infernal Realm? Hostile Grounds? They're all so fucking generic, it just feels like you're running in circles with no definitive landmarks.
Because those are all community maps.
Making a good map is fucking difficult as shit and unless you have tons of experience with it or have a whole team of people working on it, the final result will vary between "boring" and "KF-Cubed"
t. spent 300 hours making a map in the SDK before giving up because it was taking so long

Why the fuck you guys gotta keep bitching about it? Like shit, remember /mgg/? Plenty of generals have died since KF2 came out, quit acting like this is the loneliest place on Earth.

We've got a really good medic

the actual game had nothing to do with it, though

link?

I'm not too sure about that since most of my Firebug info is from playing the perk in pub games rather than diving into the spreadsheet or doing testmap shenanigans.

I notice a very big difference with Bring the Heat for taking down Husks, Bloats, and sirens, which is why I take it over the increased mag size (which is still really good, mind, I just prefer to keep back from the frontlines if we're not getting overrun so more time spent reloading is worth quicker medium zed kills).

Ground fires I mostly keep around because it helps take down Gorefasts easy. It's also very, very good against Bosses if you're careful since Hans and Patty spend a good amount of time standing still using their guns, so you just make sure they spend that time standing on your fire. It also seems to do shitloads of damage to Hans' shield when you draw a line of ground fire for him to run through, so that helps a lot too (plus if you're the one who gets grabbed, you still deal damage with the afterburn/groundfire so better odds of breaking it if it's close).

Hello friends. Can you join this server? open 83.253.232.31

>t. spent 300 hours making a map in the SDK before giving up because it was taking so long
Give me what you've got, I can try to finish it.

Correction: actually it was 2 maps.
The first one was plagued with problems from start to finish, while I didn't even finish placing down all the texture (~90% done) on the second one simply because at this point I'd worked for so long with no results that all my ambition to actually finish the map had run out.
Oh, and of course, they're both ambitious city maps, which is why it took so much time to work on them in the first place. You really, really don't want to continue working on it.

Well it depends. Just give me that, give me your nickname or steampage or something for credit, and may be I'll work on that.

Great points, but even in an emergency it's still worth it to be careful with Firebug because turning one raged scrake into four raged scrakes and a Fleshpound with indiscriminate fire spraying is rarely a good plan.

The same applies to Support with shotgun spam though, and arguably any other perks that panics and starts shooting unwisely into a crowd of dangerous zeds. Whatever happens you gotta keep your head on straight.

>tfw designing map for kf2
>300+hrs already
>fixing lighting for 10 hours already

Fuck me, daytime maps are hard.

I kinda wish there was more fractured static meshes, Too bad there are no fractured flat walls/floors.

Blackforest inn was great with this, every map should have destructable walls to open new ways , spawns for zeds, remove camping spots

>daytime maps are hard.
You don't know the nightmare of making nighttime maps with multiple outside/inside areas.

Well, just so you know, you're probably biting off far more than you can chew, as was I when I was making this map.

mediafire.com/file/2nz4qqz83a1b11h/KF-LowerDistrict.kfm

The map was going to be based off of the Tokyo urban area and Akihabara and I was going to include more custom textures and stuff lying around. Some of the few custom assets I put down might not work since I didn't cook the map, but I believe they should still work.
It was meant to be almost entirely black but illuminated by the tons of light sources I planned on putting down, mainly advertisement signs.
Oh, and the map name was just a work in progress title. The final name was going to be KF-Mabucity but I never got around to changing it.

Have fun.

>tfw lighting clips through the 2 levels from the ceiling for no reason at all

Is there anywhere I can read up guides on classes? The steam guides are always outdated. I just want to know how to get good at all classes, and what perks are best.

Just ask about them, maybe try facepunch if you get nothing from us.

Cause Rae is fat and that's why I love her

What's a good class to level? I have a level 17 Gunslinger which I think is really cool, and a level 25 Firebug from back when the game was open for beta originally. Anything other than that I don't know. Is medic still good? That was my kf1 main.

>What's a good class to level?
Anything except Firebug.
>Is medic still good? That was my kf1 main.
Medic is better than ever. The armor repair being gone sucks, but the new boosts more than make up for it.

>look at friend activity
>see this

IMO the most fun class to level up is Commando. With the right skills you can actually do a serious number to large zeds, and people won't get mad when you shoot trash so that's nice.
Medic is a bit less fun than he was in KF1 since they replaced his guns with airsoft sci-fi bullshit, however playing Medic is now much easier since you get healing dart auto-aim plus a metric fuckton of bonuses from skills.

>Well, just so you know, you're probably biting off far more than you can chew
May be. As I said, depends. I was autistic enough to spend hunderds of hours in sdk already, so who knows.

I'm glad he's enjoying sharpshooter

pull the plug

Any good RPG servers? :-)

So many achievements displaying in a single line is an indicator that he's power leveling himself on an XP map.

You can't get from level 0 to 25 in a single day none the less two or three of them.

When the next day ticks over, your activity feed would've shown the person's next set of achievements but in the image they're all next to another so it's the same day he's done them.

>IMO the most fun class to level up is Commando
Fuck me do you remember in the first how Commando could only level by killing Stalkers?
I do NOT miss that fucking shit. Commando was the worst thing ever for me to level because some prick would always bomb them right under my face.

Anything but Firebug and Sharpshooter.

I'd suggest Support or Medic. Both credit to team, just change based on whichever someone else is already.

Medic has changed compared to the first though. I miss that Mp7 I think? It was a grey gun that had a huge fucking fire rate with no real recoil and a huge mag. I miss that. SMG in KF2 fucking sucks.

>Fuck me do you remember in the first how Commando could only level by killing Stalkers?
Nigga you think that's bad? Support had to be leveled by welding doors. Lord knows how long it took my Support to go from 5 to 6. Also yes, the MP7 did fire crazy fast in KF1.

Speaking of perk leveling, they should really bring back the gold icon for hitting level 25. I dunno why they did away with it, it felt really satisfying when you joined a pub and you were the only dude with a gold icon.

Not seen in that pic was a +5

NOT
ENOUGH
TIME
You will only be able to get a gold icon by prestigeing one or more times.

>Biotics Labs
it was literally just corridors.
>Farmhouse
just a black fuckin square

Well, originally rank 5 was the highest and 6 got added as the gold "oh look, new rank" thing.

So maybe they'll do that with a level 30 or something. Stay tuned.

What would we even get for prestiging other than a gold icon?

Absolutely nothing. That's the whole point of prestige in any game.
You get a fancier icon to show you're perhaps more dedicated than you should be.

>it was really satisfying when you joined a pub and you were the only dude with a gold icon
Try playing above hard, my nigga

>implying shitters didn't constantly play sui/hoe when the game went on sale
level 30 would mean that TWI would have to introduce a new set of skills for each perk, and we all know that ain't happening because TWI is allergic to work.

>So maybe they'll do that with a level 30 or something. Stay tuned.
But then they'd need a new difficulty harder than HoE to compensate for the increased amount of skills and level up boosts available.

>(plus if you're the one who gets grabbed, you still deal damage with the afterburn/groundfire so better odds of breaking it if it's close)
I remember before they added the shield, he healed more if you were to shoot him during the grab. Did they change this where all you have to worry about is breaking his shield?

>die
>teammate says "got your wep"
>doesn't drop it
>next wave starts
>die

Support's bonuses says shotgun damage increases, not a perk weapon damage increase. Does that mean support can use medic shotgun or trenchgun as a better offperk weapon?

Why would you run an off-perk as Support? M4 + AA12 is pretty much a perfect combination, plus you get room for the med pistol.

No

>Using the meme4

No. Just a semantics error.
All perk bonuses only apply to their respective perk weapons. The exceptions are the 9mm for Commando and SWAT with those 9mm skills selected and Gunslinger who also has his level up based perk damage bonus apply to it.
Berserker also gets a bonus with his knife, of course.

Before the shield, shooting him would deal damage to him but he'd still end up healing to the same point, regardless, so you were just wasting ammo dealing damage he'd immediately heal away.

With the shield, the shield takes the damage instead of his hp, so if you can drop the shield, you stop him from healing however much he had left, as well as knocking him down, so depending on how close you are to breaking it and how long he's had someone grabbed, shooting the shield while he's got someone may be worth doing.

Generally if it's at a quarter remaining and the rest of the team is onboard, it's worth shooting him after he grabs someone since you can drop it quick enough to stop a good amount of healing.

>teammate dies
>pick up his weapon
>everyone but me in the server is Russian so there's no point saying I got his wep
>I'll just run up to him at the trader and drop it
>the trader is the furthest possible location away from me and I'm playing a perk with no speed bonus
>make it to the trader with 10 seconds left
>drop weapon for him and buy my own stuff/autofill
>the guy bought a copy of the gun I dropped for him because he didn't pick it up

Fuck's wrong with the M4? They increased the tube capacity by 50% and it does more damage than the AA12. Hell I'm pretty sure it has an even higher DPS than the DBS.