TruckerFag Thread

>me again edition
>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

Old thread
boards.Veeky Forums.org/o/thread/15570456/tfg-truckerfag-thread#top

Welp... I fucked that up. Oh well.

It's ok, no one actually reads the OP anyways

QFT

Yeah, i know. No worries. although i did fix the

>444 tonnes
Typo that some user pointed out in the last thread.

Nothing like blazing it after a long 14 hour day am I right cucks

If you enjoy those sort of things, sure.
I prefer just having a beer.

It'sIt's one of the great freedoms, having a beer in your truck after work.

What are the chances of that fucking you? Because I do it sometimes.

Not illegal to have alcohol in the truck here.
But you cannot drive with any trace of alcohol in your system.
Nothing against the law about having a brew in your sleeper after work.

You can have alcohol in your system, dui is half the regular standard, if you're below it but have some they take you out of service for 24hours. That's what my school told me anyway.

lol, then you report it to your company and get instantly fired

Different countries user. Alcohol in truck cab is fine, but no alcohol in your system 0%BAC.

0% is impossible, normal body metabolism produces some alcohol.
On modern breath and blood tests even that tiny amount shows up.

Side note: I did some lab work in college running assays on the components of a new drug testing kit to try to figure out why it was throwing false positives.
Turns out it wasn't the materials, the new reaction media was sensitive enough to react with the absolutely fucking miniscule amounts of natural opioids in the human body.

Eh..phrased that wrong.
It wasn't the opioids directly being tested for but a secondary metabolite that happened to be the same as from some normal bullshit your body produces in much lower quantities.

I wasn't on the development end, just loading trays, clicking buttons and setting timers.
There's a reason I'm a truck driver.

[Citation needed]

>tfw home everyday
>tfw all delivery locations are designed for trucks bigger than mine

Riveting.

>tfw home every day
>on a slow day and I finish with four hours to boot I just park by the marina and kill time watching anime on my laptop
>one time fell asleep
>woke up disoriented, like an hour after I was supposed to clock out
>mfw they pay me overtime to sleep

And we got the same buisinness class m2. Mines quite old though, 2004. I should apply to lowes after this one it sounds.

>tfw tiprat

> tfw you're just a pleb bus driver with a Class B
> tfw you get to do comfy sports trips, baseball games, bachelorette parties and other fun shit

I literally spend far more time sitting around at various places/events than actual driving.

I don't drive school routes at all and I still get 50-60 hours a week just doing school athletic trips and outside charters. The variety of groups I've driven is incredible.....everything from daycare field trips to large-scale transfers of military personnel.

>best in class
Had my first accident.

Oh my

Kek
>tfw worse than Whiney

Whatd whiney do?

Exactly what class is Swift best in?

Newb drivers with no experience

This.

He just wasn't very confident. He also fucked up a BMW in NYC but not too bad.

Can we get a Swift driver containment thread?

Why am I not surprised.

That thread would be a wreck...

Literally.

Obligatory

Guys I have no fucking money and I have considering Swift.

Should I just kill myself instead?

How does this even happen? It looks like you didn't swing wide enough, but how do you not see you're about to wreck shit?
Is there an explanation other than the driver not looking in his mirrors?

t. bus rider

Go check out the pastebin. Thwre are some good starter conpanies listed there.

Hospital blood tests I've read many times would disagree with you.

I've looked it over and the only one I can find in my area is Swift. At least one that allows me to work off the schooling.
>PNW
I could be wrong though.

Lemme give it to you straight.
If you are destitute, go to swift. Or PAM. Or CR England.

Sign their contract. Take their schooling. Be their slave.
Under NO circumstances sign a lease. That's a death sentence. They'll tell you your schooling will be free if you lease. Don't do it.

Live like a CHUD while you finish your obligation.
Realize you will get shit pay amd shit training.
Go slow, err on the side of caution, give zero fucks about your dispatchers harrassing you.
You might not be able to pay for rent or a car but you can live on their wages and sleep in the truck.
Do your time, get your experience, don't pull any whineys or eminems, move to a company that pays.

HOW

Almost all companies have some form of tuition reimbursement. So get a loan and go to a good driving school then go to whichever company suits you.

LOL fucking non driving faggot wew lad F to your short lived trucker career

ty m8s. And yes I am destitute.

Have you tried sucking dicks? I hear that is better than swift. Pays better too.

A new meme needs to be made for the newfag pokemon trucker failure.

We all fuck up.
I managed to tear the outer skin off a fiberglass door on a sterling when I was new.
But we dont have all that csa score and whatever else you guys have. So it is largely forgotten.

Whiney.

I'd just like to say that you are no longer a fuck up. Our friend here has taken the title.

Don't claim the trophy back.

Jeez man, swing wide for turns. Is that a damned utility pole?

>sitting near live powerlines

Hell even exiting the truck should have been out of the question.

You are a fuck up.

>Swing
>Wide
>Its
a
>Fucking
>Trailer

Not even fired
Yeah it happened during my "training phase" so its not too bad on my record according to the lady i reported it too.
Lines ironically were fine.
>you know nothing jon snow.

Sometimes I have to go through these neighborhoods with real low powerlines, and it always sketches me out when I'm in the 40' trailer since my bay trailer is only like 11'6". Utility poles and buildings are the two main things I don't want to take out. Cars, signs, and bushes are fine.

Nigga I think that's reported on your DAC all the same.

Meh one "i hit a pole" itll go away eventually

Rough dude. How long have you been driving for fellow swifty?

Well that was quick. Whiney you gotta slow yo boy down there. He's making us all look too good.

>Dat Metal Gear Rex
I thought about putting my Zaku II on the dash. Gotta find all his extra hands though…

I've got a handful of kits for a zaku gelgoog and an AC-guy along with a slightly more detailed rex but I'm concerned they'll vibrate apart if I put em on the dash.

>Gir R Dunn

>2 hours till my 10 hours is up

Any good mobile games?

Million mile attitude

It'll come off your CSA in a year. I don't think it works the same for DAC but I could be wrong.

This nigga is running at his own pace, I can't slow him down. You reminded me that I need to buy some dashboard waifus though.

I've given up on Gunpla. It requires too much time and patience, more than I can muster, to turn out really nice. Instead I get higher grade action figures. I've got the Zaku II, Exia Avalanche, Tallgeese, Mercurius, and Vayeate from the Robot Tamashii line, and Vic Viper (Zone of the Enders 2), and Ultra Magnus (Transformers - basically white & silver Optimus Prime recolor) from Revoltech.

That's exactly what the rex on my dash came from I finished the tank from metal slug and looked at it and said"nah,this is terrible"and looked at the rex kit and said fuck it and got the mega blog rex for the dash

faggot

How do you keep 'em from bouncing everywhere and flying off the dash?

Sticky tack on the display base and a Lil on the feet. Rex has started to vibrate off the peg stand but that's only after about 4-5 hours of rough riding

150 hours as of yesterday

Fallout Shelter.

Crossy Road, Pac-Man 256, Race the Sun, to name a few. I don't like many mobile games, aside from endless runners. I stick to my DS/3DS mostly.
Sounds like a plan. I need new stands, but I don't know what brand to get. I got some kind of Action Stand or whatever that all the Gunpla guys recommended, but the peg+slot system that connects the arms for posing wore out within like a week.
You disgust me.

How???

>how
Dunno

>why
Cause it seemed like a good idea.

And thank god it was a brand new Penske rental truck.

I guess it was some new dude. I just don't understand what the fuck he was trying to do where he jack knifed the thing so bad. And the worst part is those tanks and steps are on the driver's side and he beat the fuck out of them. How do you jack knife it that bad without noticing you are destroying the fuel tank and steps right next to you?!?

It happens. Just look at your mirrors and always swing wide.

Maybe he zoned out or something?

I do it occasionally, but never while doing something delicate. It's more arriving somewhere familiar and realising I don't remember any of the journey bar parking there and threading out of the shitty parking around my house hours ago.

Yeah trust me i know. Thats been my whole attitude toward it. Shit happens, learn from it, keep trucking

Just be glad it was a pole and not a soccer mom's van full of chilluns

>get ahold of shop
>promise to get the estimate out by the end of the day
Gdi. Time for anime I guess

I didn't even talk to dude. I'm sure he was trying to reverse out of somewhere and did something retarded. It's like fucking women driving though.

See

Dont you put that jojo on me ricky bobby

You used up all your luck.
Do you get to find out the cost of damage you caused? I'm sure it isnt going to be cheap.

Dont really come to these threads but i have a question for you trucker fags.

Whos going to fix and maintain truck emergencies when they finally become self driving? What if a tire pops or something goes bad? How will the truck calculate turn radius?

Fug

get your shocks changed too

>best in class

Wew lad shit does not happen you can either drive or you can't plain and simple retard

Better question is what we will do when the self driving trucks become sentient and angry? Just imagine HAL, but with a bunch of trucker friends

Doesn't look like its popped yet, what's he problem?

>And we'll all laugh when you completely total a new ride.
Shit does happen. I've driven for 10 years with no tickets/accidents.
>thats why they're called accidents.

>I've driven for 10 years with no tickets/accidents.
A fucking car.

You are shit.

kys

Nah just suck my dick already

haha, you are a right faggot.

You should have stopped way before even knocking the fuck outta that pole.

a disgrace to the industry

>I've driven for 10 years with no tickets/accidents.
Is that why you obliterated that utility pole? because you know how to drive? you didnt even look at what the trailer was doing.

>says the guy who drive an auto 4wheeler.
You wont get to me but keep trying. It's mildly entertaining. I know im a rookie and rookies make rookie mistakes.

>projecting: the post

>You wont get to me but keep trying
hows that trip going

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

too late faggot

The

So
What
I'm
Fucking
Trying

excuse. Tried but true