So, i was reading the back of this stuff earlier thinking i might try it in my oil

So, i was reading the back of this stuff earlier thinking i might try it in my oil.

"Replace 20% of your standard oil change with mmo"

Yea, that don't smell right to me. Anybody actually do that on here? Results?

i thought you were supposed to add it to your gas

You do that too, supposedly 6 ounces for a full tank which sounds about the same as other fuel additives

That stuff is snake oil. A properly running modern engine ( made in the last 20 years) won't need it. It may bandaid a problem with an abused engine or an older one but that's it.

I mean, it was original made as a carb cleaner so it definitely does having cleaning properties at least as a fuel additive and supposedly (anecdotally) works as a stabilizer for storage

But i was wondering if this shit would function normally as motor oil because 20% is a fuck load, they probably owe quite a few people new engines

As a stabil for fuel I could see its use But as long as a oil levels and change intervals are kept up nothing should be needed to be used as an additive. It won't hurt anything but it will siphon money from your wallet. The money spent on MMO and STP additives would be better spent on full synthetic oil. AS far as using it by itself i don't know, but I would bet it would breakdown pretty quickly used by itself.

It's a solvent mixed wish some oil so it's not as harsh as other solvents safer to run in motor oil. It'll clean up some sludge. My car has no sludge so there's no reason to do it.

Gimmick. A properly working engine doesn't need any extra shit.

That's not what I'm asking though

Same principle as the old trick of substituting a quart of ATF for a quart of oil during a change. The stuff is still a petroleum based oil, just with more aggressive cleaning additives.

Only concrete benefit of MMO is it has zinc and a few other additives which used to be in oil but now aren't.

If you have a solid lifter ohv engine that needs them or an ohc engine without variable lift that can benefit from them, use it for the additives.

MMO was developed as a clean burning supercharger lubricant for airplane engines, and some engines, namely wankels, are more than happy to suck in something that burns clean.

its 1% Lard by the way

it's like $4 yo

when you think about it, if it's friendly enough to go into your oil AND gas with the same bottle then it has to have detergents that work well with both, which means it's probably not a big mystery why this stuff doesn't work and isn't needed.

>So, i was reading the back of this stuff earlier thinking i might try it in my oil.

You should not use it. That product was from the age of carburetors. Motor oil was also of type SE. Today's oil is type SN and Marvel Mystery Oil would be more of a contaminant than anything else.

Yea i didn't, but i was thinking about it

personally, i replace 100% of my engine oil with MMO. Cransmission too. really seems to work out the kinks you see in a lot of todays modern engines, f you know what im sayin?

I use mmo as anal lube

Fatass spotted

Use lucas oil stabilizer instead, MMO works good in gas.

Your owner's manual will detail what you should use. Believe them. They do this shit for a living.

>wankels are more than happy to suck in something that burns clean
I thought rotards where the only people who even knew that MMO existed.