Hey Veeky Forums

hey Veeky Forums

random question

why is the US presidential car a Cadillac?
Why not a Lincoln or any other """"luxury"""" american car?

does GM have some sort of deal with the government regarding the president's car or is it just preference of the last presidents?

thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

leftlanenews.com/the-beast-10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-presidents-limo.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_state_car_(United_States)
youtube.com/watch?v=qGV-MtUvrtA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Copied from this
leftlanenews.com/the-beast-10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-presidents-limo.html

It isn't a Cadillac. Unlike any presidential state car before it, The Beast shares little in common with a standard production car. Its chassis, diesel engine and transmission are based on those used in the Chevrolet Kodiak, a rugged commercial vehicle used as everything from a dump truck to a U-Haul truck.

Some standard trim pieces, like headlamps from an Escalade and tail lights from the now-discontinued STS keep it looking vaguely Cadillac-like.

>President is a nigger
>Niggers like Cadillacs

Is it really that hard?

interesting

but still, its kinda GM based

why isn't it lincoln or something?
is it because ford literally doesn't have any vehicles rugged enough to weld together and make into something similar?

Lincoln sort of lost its bid when Kennedy got his brains splattered.

Lincoln is nothing but Ford rebadges these days, even the new continental is an extended wheelbase Taurus.

Hard to say, it looks like the Presidential Limos have been GMs since at least Reagan. Probably the same reason Air Force One has been Boeing. Gm goes through the trouble to building a vehicle meeting the desired specs and meeting the particulars of the government contract, Ford doesn't bother.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_state_car_(United_States)

>president bails out GM
>GM makes presidential limo

i wonder

Do 5 sec of research. Gm has been used since 1983. Quite a few years before the bailout.

i dont need your bullshit "facts"

You know there was a bailout back then too right?

Anyone know when they'll make a new version of this? It would look sick if it were based off the new CT6

Chrysler had one in 1980. Carter signed them a loan. When was GMs?

>american president uses a cadillac
>japanese emperor uses an 80s integra liftback
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

Are we just the greatest country on earth?

hey Veeky Forums

random question

why isn't my Toyota Camry car faster?
Why can't it do 200mph like other """economy''''''''' cars?

does Toyota have some sort of deal with speed regarding NASCAR or is it just the preference of race drivers?

thanks

>japanese emperor uses an 80s integra liftback
>not a Toyota Century
Absorutery shamfru

something kinda cool is it apparently has some kind of anti landmine reactive device that goes off when it high centers haha
youtube.com/watch?v=qGV-MtUvrtA

Under8ed

>the beast
Sheesh, if you're so scared of your public just be honest and tool around in an MRAP like the cops do.

As stated already the current is based off a bus chassis. It shares no parts with any production car.

The difference is that the president represents basically the most powerful entity to ever exist. He's on a different level than the Prime Minister of Belgium.

Thus, he is a very common target for many radical groups. Most politicians don't go around in armored brigades, hell my local congressman drives a Camry to his office 3 blocks from my house. The difference is he's not an international symbol.

After the Illuminati took out JFK, they make sure their puppets are well protected.

its propaganda to get people to buy GM

That doesn't mean they can't make it look like the CT6

>Racists
>Worthy of any recognition at all

>not a stretched out R34 sedan powered by two RB26s welded together
Not very JDM of him.

>>>/reddit/

If the president dies, business continues as normal. if a congressman dies, the course of law is changed.

All the president does is veto and declare war

The real question is which President had the best wheels? I like Reagan's 78 Town Car, but that's cause I have one too.

His state car is a modified century

Probably because Ford told the secret service to get fucked.

He should just step in line and get a Rolls Royce like every other head of state worth a damn has. You can even spec them as RPG proof right out the factory, and they don't ground themselves out in cities like that piece of shit does.

declaring war is a pretty big deal m8

also he doesnt do that either. Congress declares war.

War hasn't been declared since 1941.

It's not what he does, it's what he represents.

He's the "head" of the most powerful country on earth. If any group managed to kill him, they would be guaranteed international headlines for months.

>Gm goes through the trouble to building a vehicle meeting the desired specs and meeting the particulars of the government contract,
If im not mistaken, doesnt a private contractor handle the armoring process?

if I was president. I would just use an unmodified Tesla model S for my official car in the United States.

Only Tyrants would fear being attacked inside their own nation.

That's what they used to do, drive normal cars.

Then Kennedy got shot and then the US being the autistic nation it is took on it's best "No" meme face and told the president he'll only ever be safe inside the confines of his almost-a-tank- limo that's built by someone who doesn't understand good looks.

>President
>declaring war
How can you even manage to be this wrong?

might as well use a helicopter then.

Lincoln is all FWD and V6 bullshit now

That doesn't matter. The Limo isn't a Caddy and isn't based on a car. Its a Kodiak chassis. Read some of the earlier post. Ford could use a medium truck chassis just like GM does.

>not flying the president around in an AC-130

>not flying the president a modified F-22 Raptor

Why not just ride around in a goddamn military APC, then? If you need more protection than an inch or two or armour plate, you're in the wrong fucking country.

The President basically does. It has 5" bulletproof glass and 8" thick armored doors. It also has countermeasures for RPGs and that sort of fun stuff.