Seems high, no?

>the average Veeky Forumstist is this ugly
lol

wait post the quote

>haters gona hate tho

10 hours of labor for that? theres not even a dent

as someone who has painted before
it does not take 7 hours to paint even a whole car

Looks like that's how that shop is doing insurance company estimates and still stay afloat as they have clearly cut a deal for a really low hourly rate. $1100 seems about right to me for what an average shop would charge to do a proper repair, depends where OP lives though.

I got the whole side of a car repainted plus bof bent doors on driver's side repaired for 1300
That should cost about 300 max

Dude why do you cares ? If it you inssurance who paying then let them buy champgne to these brave workers

>500 deductible
>possible insurance increase

I got 800 from an insurance claim for a scrape in the same exact area on my Mazda3. My GF's old ass dad backed his minivan into the front driver's corner of my car and scraped it. I buffed the shit out of it with rubbing compound, touched it up with a color matched paint pen, and threw that check in the bank.

Body man here. That quote looks pretty normal.

The scrap is over 2 body panels so you're repainting a quarter of the car. the entire rear quarter up to the roof line and the entire rear bumper. That means:

>taking the bumper off
>sanding and prepping a quarter of the car's body
>spraying off in primer
>prepping the primer
>paint
>wet sanding
>clear coat
>final polish
>reset and remount rear bumper

About 20 hours of actual shop time plus proper storage while it's being done. There's a bit of an art with blending that quarter panel into the roof.

if 1100 is too much do it yourself.

Alright I give up what is that car?

My gut says Honda but I can't pin it down.

I was thinking honda accord

OP here. Any one with experience in insurance can weigh in if my rates will definitely go up over this?

>Body man here
no your not.

its obvious that's the front of the car not the rear. no amber lamps on the back end.

Can they do that when your not at fault ?

2015 WRX, bad pic, sorry

>Dude why do you cares

Because the customer is supposed to be the gatekeeper for the insurance company. It is the customer that crosschecks and makes sure the actual work is done. Otherwise it is fraud. Overcharging the insurance company results in higher rates for everyone. If more customers held the shops to the actual work, then total costs would be lower.

The number of hours of work in that quote seems pretty high for that job especially since there was no frame damage to fix. You might take the picture and show it to your insurance agent for a discussion about the hours charged to see if it is appropriate. The agent will then schedule a meeting with an actual adjuster.

That's if you want to help the system of course. If you don't care because your out of pocket deductible is still the same, then just accept it on behalf of the insurance company. But you are allowed to question things just as you are allowed to inspect the work done before you sign the forms stating the work was done.

Really, the insurance company put a lot of their (your money in the end) money in your trust, hoping that you will validate the damage, the hours of labor and materials, and then inspect the final job as complete. When you think of it as being your money (ultimately it is your and my money if I am with your company), then overcharging is bad.

>hit n run bruh
Yes they can.

>muh nigga

Hum i'm pretty sure your aren't responsible if you inssurence get scamed by a shop if you haven't choose the shop
But otherwise i agree

That sucks

>Seems high, no?

It's high because your job is the ice cream and cake job for the shop.

Other jobs with front fender and door damage usually need physical wrestling with the metal to get it straight again as in warped. Your job is quite minor compared to those. But the quote seems to be for the same panels as if they were much more severely damaged.

So the shop is making extra profit on your two panels because the body work is minor. But they are charging as if the those panels were much more damaged (a average body job). the insurance company will probably accept it if you do because the numbers look right for 2 panels that are nicely damaged with dents and warps.

If this is your regular shop and you like the owner because he is the father of your girlfriend, then let him eat the ice cream and cake. If not, then show the pictures which also show if there are dents or not, to your insurance company's adjuster.

You can also go to other shops and show them the pictures for a rough quote. And you can talk to a national chain like Kings for an opinion.

>Hum i'm pretty sure your aren't responsibl
Of course he is NOT responsible.
But making sure charges are accurate is good for lower rates.
And regardless of money involved, it is the customer's responsibility to make sure the charges seem accurate. It's being a good customer. And a responsible citizen.

We all know how various local societies in cities falls apart if no one cares or they run away.

>city cuck
>doesn't have a driveway
>wrx
faggot detected

> If not, then show the pictures which also show if there are dents or not, to your insurance company's adjuster.
And then what? He'll tell the body shop that it's too high? Of course not. You can go to whatever shop you want. If you're not a moron you get the highest estimate possible, send that to your insurance company, get the money, and fix it at the cheapest competent shop. These threads really bring out the retards and people who clearly have 0 idea what they are talking about.

Yeah true

This

Not this

You as the insured have no legal obligation to be responsible for due diligence. The system is indeed rigged. Unfortunately for some to succeed others must fail.

Doesn't sound that bad considering:

- the headlight will need to be replaced

- the bumper removed and all of it sanded, dent filled, primed, basecoat, clearcoat, and polished

- the whole fender will need to be sanded, dent filled, car masked, primed, basecoat, clear oat, and polished

There's also the cost of the paint which is for some reason included in the quote as labor.

You can get a spot repair done for cheaper if you want.
Maybe like $200 total - but it wont be a factory quality job.

Image unrelated.

He is still spot on in regards to the amount of work required.

Damn, good eyes user.

wtf? Not in america bruh

feds passed some laws on that shit back in like 2008

>bumpers are expensive
No shit.

>Really low hourly rate
>The actual mook doing the work is getting paid less than half of that, and only for the actual amount of time spent on the job
I really hate this country sometimes.

Tell them to go fuck themselves then do it yourself.

That what you get for being bald and a fag

I was quoted $800 to fix a tiny door ding on the fender of my Mustang. I didn't even have it 3 full weeks and some jackass hit it and left white paint streaks and a dent right on the body line. The paint cleaned off fine with a microfiber towel, but to remove the dent they would have to remove the entire quarter panel which extends from the tail light, over the doors and to the hood, sand the paint off, weld a stud to pull it out, cut the stud off and sand the metal back down smooth, spray black paint over that area, then clear coat the whole thing.
Needless to say I just try to ignore the tiny dent.

well for one the labor hours are ridiculous unless it goes all over the side panels too. shop might be trying to jew your or insurance.

I got quoted 900 for a new bumper cover paint matched and installed, included was the 6.5 hrs of labor.

Are there any insurance companies that also own the repair shop?

Seems like we wouldnt be having jewing shit like this if everything worked together like it should rather than plumbing money out of the customer.

>tfw you drive a shitbox

No fucks given for dents and dings

Reckless driving everyday

No collision coverage

Feels good man.

Why isn't your insurance doing it

I thought America was cool??

4 years ago I hit a guys car and pushed a good dent inside. I had no insurance and his insurance company is charging me $740.

I have not payed it till this day. Whats going to happen?

the guy from the allstate commercial is going to anal you

I don't know about your state, but in Texas they can suspend your driver's license.

You people are fucking insane. There's barely a scratch. Sure you could get buttfucked by a panel shop that would get it 100% right for $1100, but why would you bother when you could get it 90% right yourself with a paint pen and some polish for $8.50? The extra benefit does not match with the cost. Sure, if this was a million dollar classic car or something then I can understand, but on your shitbox what's the point of an $1100 repair

It probably got sent to a debt collection company and fucked your credit score. I would look into it and maybe consider paying it.