>fiat a shit
>doesn't Chrysler own them?

welp. what other choice do i have?
the car has
>67k miles
>1 previous owner
>from stealership
>10.5k

i only qualified for 9.99 interest as a first time buyer.

Other urls found in this thread:

fiat500owners.com/forum/8-fiat-500-general-discussion-forum/7697-my-transmission-going-after-only-7000km.html
reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/64
reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/73
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bait.jpg

Maybe you should listen to your dad just this once...

lmao

it's really not bait.
i'm mixed about this
the difference in payment between 10 and 15k is quite a bit.

How about this you silly child

Buy a used 6000$ Honda
Put away 3000$ for future maintenance and oil changes, always keep this fund full

Enjoy relatively low maintenance decent fuel economy simplistic car experience that anyone can handle

>ready for road trips, commuting, hauling friends

What more does a kiddie need?

Other way around, Fiat owns Chrysler.

>it's another nocar busrider Alphonse episode

i don't blame you that you're being so presumptuous, but i already have car that works fine. looking into getting something fun with a low monthly payment. another option would be a mk6 gti

OP my family owns a stealership, don't fucking do it. Fiat cars are absolute shit tier, I cant imagine the hell that car has already been put through just by being driven.

>cuck got triggered again
Good now, obey me bitch and reply again.

>His dad actually knows about cars
Cool.

Why a fiat?
You can get a Si for the same price and it be an all around better car
$15k is the price new you doofus, I'm sure you can find an used one for around the same price

I rip people like you off on the regular, you're the kind of guy I sell used Mini Cooper Type S's too. In Automatic.

>he resorts to project his asspain
Had a good bus trip today?

>deflecting the truth
Good boy, reply again.

in southern california the Si is thief bait. also you cannot find a fist for anything even close to 10. maybe 14 if you haggle down, but that's it.
i wouldn't buy an automatic, but yeah, seen mini's near this price and have steered clear.

>10% APR
Hoooooly shit.

>the truth
You mean the fact you ride the bus?

Fair enough, fiat is a trash brand. However I think you will enjoy your experience more if you buy a cheaper car and tune it, maybe a 5000$ prelude or integra and then add some of the standard bolt on mods and get it tuned. Then it's yours, fast and light and tons of fun.

Buying a premade expensive car is just half the experience

>projecting
BTFO. Absolutely BTFO

He's buying a premade shit tier car though. There is no experience lol.

i thought most people loved the abarth?

Trying to convince him. Not to

It's not bait? Then you're a hopeless retard for even considering financing such a huge turd of a car.

>pathetic weeb tries to sound smart while recommending his fav shitty ass rice burners

Are you seriously taking these weebs seriously? lol
They're just sour grapes.
The Abarth is literally one of the most fun cars you can buy right now.
Educate yourself and stop coming to Veeky Forums asking for advice.
You're literally taking people, who think their civic is a race car, seriously.

Not anyone with an IQ above 100.

so was the abarth just a car to hype up people during initial impressions and really not stand the test of time?

Yes, ignore he's a shill. Fiat makes horrible cars.

This guy gave the the best advice you will get from Veeky Forums

nocar.jpg

So it's a turd with the word ABARTH smooshed into it. A turd with glitter.

OP do not buy this car. It's one of the worst cars on the market.

Damn bro, you salty. I'm a BMW guy. Just reccomending some fun and cheap cars for a young kid. You don't gotta get so bumflustered and bring out your matching set of memes to combat some tame car-talk

Go back to /b/ if you want to be an autismo

My best friend has a Abart, it has 70k miles and has had its transmission replaced twice and the Fog lights on the right side turn off when he turns his left turn single on.

It's pretty hard not to have fun in a car that weighs 2400 pounds. I would hoon that thing until something bends, fix it, and do it again.

Real talk though, Fiats are known to be pretty unreliable. If you're ok with that, go for it.

But for the love of god do not get a car lone with a 10% APR interest rate. That is not a good idea.

>the BMW guy thinks unreliable cars with shitry engines are fun

What a surprise.

This guy is a dipshit. Ignore him

Lmao mjet btfo yet again

Will he ever recover?

i'm thinking i might hold off until i get a higher paying job and just got with the FiST

signal*

>Fiat is trash
>this coming from a BMW guy

Some bimmers are great, but if you wanna talk reliability, you'd better abandon the thread.

Every car has a drawback, no car company is perfect.

>This guy wants a FUN car, not a race car
>He's also on a budget
>He obviously doesn't know a whole lot about cars because he asked about a fiat

I suggested some more or less reliable cheap cars that are known to be fun for young enthusiasts, why must you shit on anyone and everyone's idea?
Why does your crippling insecurity force you to be mean on the internet?

Fiat is shit m8, So it that fiat/renault/Peugeot euroshit diesel your drive

I like how he talks about Chrysler owning them, as if Fiat wasn't a pile of shit before Chrysler.

oh, that wasn't what i said, those things were what my dad said to me when i brought up the car.

>>This guy wants a FUN car, not a race car
>Abarth 500 is literally the most bang for buck fun car in the market
Missing the point, are we?

What car does your dad drive?

Never said BMW was reliable you douchenozzle
Nor did I suggest he get one, I suggested a fun econnobox

I suggested some fun Hondas because they are cheaper to buy and fix

I'd totally disagree with that.

he's almost always driven a chevy. he drives a really old impala he's been keeping alive. he bought my step-mom a nissan altima.

that altima is the most expensive car he's ever owned, $13k.

>Abarth 500 is literally the most bang for buck fun car in the market
The Fiesta ST is actually. Get that through your head you stupid fucking cuck.

i really enjoyed the fiesta st when i took it for a test drive. i haven't driven the abarth yet, but it's a lot cheaper than the fist

Except Hondas aren't fun. They're literally the most boring cars on the planet.
Unless you're suggesting OP buys a Ek9 or whatever.

Most people, including 100% of the motor press, would disagree with you.

i get what you're saying imjet, but what about what i said here in

Just so everybody knows !mjet is literally a europoor Fiat shill who drives a diesel Punto or some shit. Disregard.

That's bullshit. Literally only americans complain about the 500 transmission.
I post on 3 fiat forums and never seen european users complaining about drivetrain failures.

>i post on fiat forums
Is your goal to be the epitome of a cuckold??

almost all of the reliability complaints i read about the abarth were strange cosmetic things, usually associated with it being a souped up econobox. i've read that very few had issues with the major things like motor, turbo, and transmission. that said, the regular 500s seem to have a lot more issues.

fiat500owners.com/forum/8-fiat-500-general-discussion-forum/7697-my-transmission-going-after-only-7000km.html

Literally first topic.

Same thing that happened to my friends car twice, 2nd gear.

>almost all of the reliability complaints i read about the abarth were strange cosmetic things
Pretty much.
I remember reading about an issue with the side skirt holders on some model years, but Fiat fixed that for free.

>american forum
And even then, you'd be really forced to cherrypick since that's not a common issue even in the american market, as the google search suggests.

>I post on 3 fiat forums
jesus christ i thought you were only part time shitposter here
do you even have a job you autistic neet considering you're almost all the time here plus on other 3 fiat forums we didnt know about

i dunno imjet, when i typed fiat 500 abarth transmission problems, there were a number of people complaining about difficulty shifting. there's also a recall from fca about 500s with manuals.

i might pass on this car

No way in hell. A girl I work with has a red Abarth, her fuel pump shit itself at 6000 miles.

>Six Thousand Miles

Left her stranded on the side of the highway, had to get towed to the dealership, then was without a car for a week.

also isn't it 5am in portugal
get a life man

>jesus christ i thought you were only part time shitposter here
But I am. I'm currently on uni vacation.

>>do you even have a job you autistic neet considering you're almost all the time here plus on other 3 fiat forums we didnt know about
>implying I just don't browse and post on them occasionally

Do whatever you want.
Even if the car was unreliable, which it isn't, I wouldn't give the slightest fuck.
I'd rather drive an '80s Alfa than a supposedly reliable Honda.

>anecdotal evidence
The post.

>get a life
Arrived home from the gym at midnight. Can't sleep.
Deal with it.

reliability aside, the abarth just isnt as fun to drive as the FiST...I looked at both cars before for a fun city runabout (something small to park on the street). The comparisons between the two almost always sides with the FiST in terms of power, balance and handling.

There's a reason the abarth costs less on the used market - the FiST holds its value much better.

>>anecdotal evidence
>The post.

Nah, it's just an example. These cars are shit. There is a reason that Fiat has one of the worst reliability rankings of all manufacturers today.

>I know 1 person with a Fiat 500
>It completely broke down on her within 1 year of ownership

That's pretty goddamned bad. Now multiply that by thousands of owners and you'll see why they have the rep they have.

same here, friend has one, Two transmissions in 70k miles and electrical gremlins with the headlights.

Again, anecdotal evidence.

This graph is actually from a UK comprehensive reliability index, not some redneck murrican """"""""reliability index"""""""" in which the "uh, my car doesn't have cup holders for my 2L Coke buckets" or the "uh, I can't make this gps thingy workout" "faults."

friend of a friend has one too... Seven transmissions in 10k miles and electrical gremlins with the underglow.

Here too, friend's stepdad has one.
6 transmissions in 1k miles and electrical gremlins with the fusion reactor.

Ok I gotta ask. If your friend has gone through 7 transmissions in 10k, Why hasn't he lemon lawed that thing yet?

reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/64

this right? the axle/suspension, electrical issues, and fuel system issues seem fairly well corroborated. not sure i'd want to deal with those kind of things out of warranty desu

So you love to dismiss peoples argument as "anecdotal evidence" while slinging ad hominem cup holder insults. GG /o, I expected too much.

FIAT a shit. A big shit.

Only 7? She must have gotten a good one, most owners have their transmissions replaced at the oil change interval under warranty.

Still pretty reliable, according to the stats.
Compare it to other cars and you'll see it's pretty much the same faults.

reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/73

See?

actually hes going through his 9th right now. The underglow he installed fucked up his haf sensor (hektik air flow) and the trans went "no"

his donk 26'' rims don't help too.

one thing that's next to impossible to vet is the reliability of the fist to the abarth. both cars base models have lots of faults. makes the car seem a lot worse than it probably is.

What are motorcycles

is southern california? a death sentence

Ok still is is out of warranty then? I can't imagine ANY owner putting up with that. Unless the guy beats the thing down a track every weekend.

9th transmission isn't that bad. After number 9 FIAT can usually narrow down the cause of the specific issue. At that point they can usually get 10000km between swaps.

Man. Every car has faults.
Be it the Abarth or the ST.
You can't listen to anecdotal evidence.

You just gotta make up your mind and be prepared to deal with the unexpected. And that literally can happen with any car.

i get that. my alternative at this price point is are certified pre-owned entry level cars with really long warranties. the problem there is, they're all exceptionally boring.

This is why you don't listen to anecdotal evidence on Veeky Forums.

If you really want the 500, get a decent mechanic to have it inspected. And that applies to every car you buy, if you don't have the knowledge.
Statistically, you won't have any major issues whatsoever with the 500, but you might be one of the "lucky" ones. So be prepared.
And again, this applies to every car.

i'll probably test drive the abarth and let that be the determining factor for how to proceed. i was planning on getting an inspection. i can get the 3 day no questions asked return on the car and see how things go.

I was wondering how long the fish story would go. If we could maybe get to 20 transmissions in 15k or something as equally ridiculous.

Do that then.

I'd need to come up with more shit, and I'm feeling tired.

The funny part is that people didn't catch on that it was satire despite being completely asinine.

I REALLY know a girl that had her fuel pump die at 6000 miles. Hell, I could get the VIN tomorrow. Fact is that these cars have a poor record for needing serious repairs within 30000 miles. I'm sure that you could just dismiss each one of these cases as ANECKDOUGHTULL EVVIDENSE, but that is how these reputations begin. FIAT's rep in the US is not just thousands of anecdotal evidence claims, it's real people with real cars that have really fucking bad problems within a year of coming off the showroom floor.

Dude what shit tier part of SoCal do you live that you have to worry about an Si getting stolen?

Abarth a shit

No but really and comparatively, OP, the abarth is gutless and terrible at pretty much everything but being tiny and sounding good.

Do yourself a favor and pass on it, especially if you're planning on financing the thing at 10%.

>abarth 500 is gutless
Said nobody, ever.

Just how pathetic is mjet's existence?
Every time I see him starting shit in random threads, defending his 1.0 liter diesel shitbox, talking trash about every other brand than Fiat and posting the same set of golden face meme images.
How pathetic can you get?

Said me, a few hours ago. It's not quick, the power band is tiny, and two people can flip it on its side. It doesn't even perform as a grocery getter lol.

>is southern california? a death sentence

You don't ride a motorcycle because it's safe user. They're a death sentence anywhere, especially in big cities.

>commute on bike regularly on 30, 635, and 20 in the DFW area
>near death incidents are frequent, if not the norm
>still love riding

>type S
>mini cooper
This is how I know there is no way you sell Coopers.

>BUILT NOT BAWT
kek

>said an anonymous person on a taiwanese crochet forum
>meanwhile the whole motoring press disagrees

Ofc he doesn't. He's just a sour weeb making up shit. Pretty much all of Veeky Forums.

>hey there pot
>meet kettle

>9.99%
FUCKING NO