Toyota 86 vs.GT-R

Sup Veeky Forums, so wanted to ask people who know more about cars then i do. I want to swap a Toyota 86's 4 cylinder for a Ford Coyote 8 cylinder engine. It has been done several times in an Frs and the cares are nearly the same. Obviously this would increase the performance and in theory would be faster then a GT-R
Coyote86 3000lbs*/435hp=6.89655172414

GT-R 3933lbs/565hp=6.9610619469

so these numbers would represent the Weight to power ratio, with lower being better, that would mean the Coyote86 is faster in terms of power to wheels rn. I know im missing a lot of info so i want to see what people have to think, also is this even a good idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oLP-HCcX9as
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You are a fucking retard.

>no ecoboost

I dont think the gain would be that great
The gtr will still be faster because of AWD
You would need an even lighter frs to really compete

How so?
I clearly don't care about gas mileage
I did think about the AWD, this is all in theory, thought wouldnt this v8 Frs still gain a lot of power?

>How so?
In every way possible. You expect just because you have a higher power to weight ratio it will accelerate better? What diff are you going to use? Also why would you use such a fuckhuge motor rather than an LS?

No it wont be faster then a gtr, nowhere close.

maybe if you were to swap a coyote in and then supercharge it.

And if your going for a swap, why would you get a coyote. the Coyote is heavier then the Ls and larger.

Plus the ls swap has been done many times and lots of aid to help you with getting it done.

like i said im not 100% sure on how it works, not not sure what differential, now why wouldn't a better weight to power ratio be better. Without talking about streamline, it would mean that there is more Hp for every pound, meaning its easier to move each pound, making it accelerate faster, no?

Why not just build and boost the FA20 to 400whp?

what Ls would be best?

>I want to...

yeah, you're gonna do jack shit, piss off

Because, then it is just another rice burner. The weight to power ratio of the Coyote86 is better.

>hurr durr paying people to do shit is bad
do you know how to swap an engine? I have the money to do it.

It would be faster than all frs and mustang gt but if your aiming around 400whp building and turbocharging the boxer might be a better solution if you keep the weight down

And if your aiming higher a ls would be better and cheaper
Or maybe find some turbocharged v6

oh, so you're not even gonna do it yourself, great

is that even safe lol. feel like it would destroy it.
>rice burner
lel, but its ratio would be worse i think

Just put a supercharger on it and enjoy the 300 hp you will get
The coyote is quite heavy

youtube.com/watch?v=oLP-HCcX9as

This sounds great, didnt really look into tuners. Thanks.

Just be like anyone else and LS Swap

This. I don't even like V8s but I recognize this as the objectively best swap.

what is the best ls to swap to?

Depends on how much you want to spend. Considering the subaru is a cheap car, the ls1 would probably be your best bet to keep cost down and still make great power.

>All of the cost of a V8 swap for a measly 350 BHP
You disgust me. You're almost as bad as the retards that swap Windsors into Miatas.

>All the cost of a V8 swap
>Confirmed for check-writing no-skills boiracer
Learn how to wrench you fucking shitlord. Paying mechanics to do all your work is for faggots.

this desu
you would spend more money to build the engine in the soobie, boost it, and tune it. this is honda civic 2.0. spend 5k+ on a motor to make 300 horses.

This is how all good ideas start

Just do it user, do it for jesus

Do you have unlimited grip? No
Do you have an insanely quick dual clutch transmission? No

Use your brain mate. You really think you're going to put accelerate something with way more grip, the ability to accommodate much bigger tyres, and that can shift faster than you can even put your foot on the clutch?

Also you didn't even comment about how fuckhuge a dohc v8 is compared to pushrod one. Also you have no idea what diff to put in, and have no idea about the fabrication required to fit something decent. You then need to make new halfshafts as well.

If you know so little about cars that you don't even understand the basic logistics of an engine swap you shouldn't be doing an engine swap. Do your fucking homework.

A growly American v8 could probably munch through your entire drivetrain for breakfast. Axles,u joints, transmission, to dust

Yeah, just pull out your hacksaw and welder and make a custom driveshaft. It's that simple.

You can buy a brand new LS3 crate motor from Chev for $16k

Or buy a reconditioned LS1 with a Z28 gearbox for $1k

Swap in a 1UZ.