/ecg/ - Eternal Crusade General

>What is Eternal Crusade?
"Online multiplayer 3rd person squad-based tactical shooter with tanks in a persistent war."

EC is based in the WH40K universe and currently offers 4 playable races: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks, and dirty knife ears. Combat in the game is very similar to the multiplayer from WH40K Space Marine.The game can currently be purchased on the EC website or through Steam.

>Important Links
Forum: forum.eternalcrusade.com/
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/375230/
Warbros Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/warbrosnumber1
YouTube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCxH-BQF2CRQV6lXTf41xEeg
Previous Livestream: youtu.be/rThZ93tJQYU

>Previous Thread
Warbros members can coordinate drops through the Steam group chat, and a TeamSpeak server is also available. Either of these options will be a necessity to form groups, as there is no in-game Guild chat.

>Guilds
Loyalists: Corpsebros
Chaos: Warbros (preferred faction is Iron Warriors)
Orks: WAAAGHbros
Eldar: knife ears pls go

>Recruiting
Recruitment will be done through this general, anyone who joins a guild will also be welcome to join the Warbros Steam group chat. In order to apply for a guild post your IGN, specify which guild you are applying for, and link the OP in your post. In addition to this, you must apply in-game by searching for the specific Guild name in the Guild menu.

MAIM KILL BURN! MAIM KILL BURN

first for motivation

so just got rank 5 slugga nob unlocked

no custom models, only difference is 400 more points to play with ?

is dis the real life boys?

It painz me ta say lad, but we'z 'aven't been foightin' on dis planet long eenuff to be bigga dan da uva boyz.

Also friendly reminder I'm watching the thread for dumb questions to add to an FAQ

How do i shoot people?

So you don't have enough to compile into an OP faq?

have several, also answer this top one if you could.

how do I mark myself as squad leader?

how to beat melee as range?

how to beat eldar?

there is a start

at least I gotz me da iron gob

but its ridicuously overpriced for what it does, 400 points??? fo real?

Nah, I just started it today and haven't had time to browse the previous thread just yet.
you'd have to make a new squad to be guaranteed an SL position, other than that it's first-come-first-serve, range is 4 support and is designed to lose in melee but a good tactic is to learn the rock paper scissors system. You beat eldar by cancelling the queue (someone post the webm).

You should have like 175 toughness though

That's a lot of toughness

Include how to bring up map, redeploying, equipping loadouts, how crates work, RTC weapons vs store bought, how capping works in conjunction with overtime, how JPA's work (regen and mechanics can confuse people), poison and fire are afflictions with fire scaling on range, how to change squads, waypointing and the benefits, how to grand battle, how timers work in game and the benefit of a fresh cap vs defending an already captured one, how to use belt items, how to switch firing modes. Just a few I thought up.

It's well worth its price

Oh can anyone tell me the difference between a 250 LP shield and a 500 LP shield?

I'm not the FAQ user, but i think i can answer a few of those.

>how do I mark myself as squad leader?
Form a new squad or make the current squadl leader to promote you on the squad menu.

>how to beat melee as range?
I can only explain as an LSM, if you are lucky you'll get in the boxes the increased damage for your knife. If they attack you with a light attack just dbash them, half of the time they'll try to follow up with another fast attack. If you stun them, shoot them in the head, rinse and repeat. If you have the increased knife damage shiv the bastard. Apart from that, the rest its net not fucking you up or individual skill.

>how to beat eldar?
Try to get the Extended barrel for the Bolter and the box mag as soon as you can. You'll be poping heads like a madman. Apart from that, teamwork is key and if you are defending a point don't bloody get out. Doesn't matter if you see 6 people right outside of the door bleeding to death, don't fucking go outside of the points.

Also if you are melee keep an eye always on the point for sneaky striking scorpions trying to decap while stealthed.

Hope it helped.

peep the stats senpai

Also how sticky bombs work including in conjunction with bullets, vehicles and how to drive (they have turbo in engine but it can break the engine), how to not die while destroying vehicles, why you should always carry AV weapons, how rescue works in conjunction with healing (stop hurting me please), how to ready a bolter or heavy weapon prebracing, how melee works, weapon tiers in conjunction with mechanics, why having a variety of classes is better than spamming one, how spawning works on captured or capturing points, how radar works, and executes and your reponses to executions on allies, and how friendly fire works.

How? The only way I can ever see stats is when I first unlock them.

/v/ and Veeky Forums seem to really like this series but I've never played it. Which games should I play in order?

No stats on either

>how to beat melee as range?

nth for Imperial Guard

fraid not, thats with it equipped.

idk user light armour is 250p and gives more of everything, yet iron gob which is effectively 80% of those stats is 400p?

still gonna use it to stack toughness ofc but thats extreme
I would have liked to use it on other classes >:

Nth for all eldar are afraid of slaanesh who's terrified of Khorne
therefore all eldar are inherently incapable of defeating a single khornate

It's a wargear that give you a lot of armor (more than the other wargear) and a LOT of toughness. It's an insane defensive item that I'd be glad to pay for on every other faction if I could.

Veteran orks with golden gob and eavy armor are unkillable

What's the best faction for shooting stuff since IG isn't actually in the game yet?

1/2
Sticky' nades can be shot down with bullets. also right now i think you can get them off by rolling.

>Vehicles
You drive them like pretty much any other vehicle in almost any game. The turbo allows you to go faster for some time, but it needs to replenish itself after a few seconds boost.

Destroying them safely, you can use a Lascannon equivalent to pick them up from afar, if you use a meltagun put a meltabomb on the sucker and unload your load on it then back away. With power fist/klaw thou... There's a chance you don't die.

>AV weapons
Always try to have an AV loadout ready, for example i have a Meltagun + Meltabomb, a Boltgun + Meltabomb and a Lascannon.

>Rescue
You can rescue a team mate, but during those seconds a healer won't be able to heal him unless he's using any AoE heal like a healing grenade. AoE heals can get you up from a downed state too. If you are an Apoth/Painboy ALWAYS FUCKING HEAL BY PRESSING F.

>Bracing
You can brace any weapon by standing next to the wall and aiming the weapon, with heavy weapons you'll see pop up the button to brace the weapon.

>Melee
You have three "attacks" as a melee. Fast attack, pretty standard it can be blocked by a DBash. Charged attack, keep the fast attack button pressed and you'll charge your strike, does a lot more damage on the back of your enemies. Charged attacks can be interrupted by a fast attack.

Finally, you have the dbash, the only hope of a ranged character to stop a melee from touching his butt. You have to press both Left and Right mouse buttons at the same time and you'll be able to "block" an enemy's fast attack and if you're lucky you'll be able to land the kick/headbutt that comes after the block. If you land the kick you'll stun the butt toucher. BE ADVISED, Charged attacks break through Defensive Bashes and if they land you'll be stunned.

2/2

>Melee Tiers
You have different tier.

Tier 0 - Knifes, Nartheciums, Painboy needles, knuckles.

Tier 1 - Chainswords, Chainaxes

Tier 2- Power swords, Power Axes, Witchblades, Force Swords and Force Axe

Tier 3(?) - Power Mauls

Tier 4 - Power Fist

>Variety on classes instead of spamming.
Better adaptability, although there's moments when a 5 lads with jump assault can turn the tide on a contested point.

>Spawning
Not 100% sure, but if there's enemies or if the point is being captured you'll spawn a bit far from the point instead of nearby. Although in some maps you'll still spawn right in the point.

>Radar
If you sprint or shoot you'll be visible in the minimap, same for vehicles.

>Executions
If an ally is being executed kill the bastard or hit him with a charged attack, if you do it quickly your ally might be still alive.

>Friendly fire
I think there's some form of damage mitigation for allies, but anyways, if you shoot them in the back it will hurt. Melee friendly fire has a huge mitigation of damage, but you can still be stunned by friendly dbashes or you can get killed if you are really injured by a friendly strike.

chainswords and powerswords fall into tier two

chainaxes and poweraxes and power mauls fall into tier 3.

while the power claws/fists are the strongest in terms of clang power.

Alright sorry, for some reason i always though that chain weapons worked on a lower tier than power weapons.

Zoggin' love da jump at da end, felt noice and roight

You have 25 toughness from Iron Gob, 25 from 'Ard Armor, and 15 or 25 from a slugga perk

thats what i thought at first, but youll notice if you fight someone with a chainsword while they use a chainaxe, youll lose the clangs everytime, same with a power sword.

Good thing one of the first mods i got from the loot boxes was the better clangs mod for the Chainsword.

If the ingame numbers are accurate (which is dubious) then the only difference between chain and power is penetration.

Requesting webms featuring ranged infantry combat

I got a really nice clip of me 1v3ing some orks as a devastator with no cover but I cant get it fit in the 3mb/4mb wsg file limit

>Radar
Jumppack usage will also activate it

Is going shooty or choppy better for a beacon apothecary? I got an x2 and a box magazine for my bolter.

I think Shooty, but i do better as a ranged rather than choppy because i'm more accustomed to playing with the guild i'm part of.

Do the C4 grenades oneshot all vehicles?

The guy reviving me joined my charge and deployed one on top of the turret at the same time I did.

You mean the small ones with blue aura or the huge ones with the purple aura?

I only play Ork so I only know basic grenade stikky grenade and the super stikkbomb

I think the Super Stikkbomb is the equivalent of the Meltabomb so with the current patch vehicles usually go down with 2 meltabombs

>psyker love when

>start topping the charts after unlocking that AoE Nurgle heal
do you even farm XP

>4000xp during a good match
>100,000 to rank 4

ridiculous

I average at 6k, good matches are 9-10k

It used to be 400k from rank 4 to 5 (and I farmed that) now it's 250k

However the AP farm is completely and utterly ridiculous. By rank 5 you can barely unlock 1 tree fully.

>Warbros runs an entire squad of heavy bolters and actually wins

And an only bolter run.

use webbum for bakas

potato quality if you have to

I do use webm for retards
even at 100kb/s it wouldnt let me make a 40 second webm in under 4 mb

High quality 2x pass man.

Thats because bolter is the master race of weapons
Used it in Space Marine, will use it til I die.

I want to convert a clip I took into a webm and I'm a lazy fuck
whats high quality 2x pass mean?

It loops through it 2x making it more efficient. encoding option.

Is the game fun? How does the value feel since it is $50 for the game and then I heard there are microtransactions as well?

if you REALLY like 40k I'd say its worth it at the current price
otherwise wait a couple months for them to add more of what they wanted to implement and see if the playerbase is still here

Thanks for answering. I just saw it is on greenmangaming for $40 and I just read that was the price they meant to sell it for, that there is just some issue with steam that has it at $50.
How is the balance? Given the early state of the game is there one race or a kit or a gun type that is just steamrolling people right now?

orks chaos marines and loyalist marines are all somewhat even, eldar are insanely strong right now since they have superior mobility and smaller hitboxes and strong weapons while still boasting the same amount of health as the marines
plasma cannons for the CSM/LSM are a go-to for a lot of people because they're very strong too

Eldar tend to stomp at more or less all ranges. Melee against them is rare, but still somewhat possible. Loyalist Marines might need a bit of work, Orks are bugged to shit, and balance is a joke usually.

So are there any plans for this being F2P like was said when this was first announced?
Tbh might be the only way to save the community is making orks F2P like they said they would.

I don't think the Golden Gob is worth it for how much more expensive it than the regular Gob.

Thank you again kind user! Im gonna sleep on it and decide in the morning if I want to buy it or not. I think for $40 combined with my love of 40k that I would enjoy it. I loved the shit out of space marine and was sad when the MP died out. Plus I like feeling like part of a large battle and that seems like it has that feeling.

>15 or 25 from a slugga perk
U wot grot? I see nothing like that for Slugga in the tree. Loota has the Boss Plate for another +25 Toughness though, even if I don't understand why a backline class has it instead of Slugga.

I guess I deleted the 1v3 CSM clip since I couldn't get it working the first time around
but here's a barely working 1v2 devastator clip that I like

So why are Swooping Hawks an actual class in the game? Sure the class can fly but anyone with 30% accuracy can shoot down a hawk with just a bolter pistol and a few shots. On top of that their rifle has garbage spread even if you tap the trigger, its basically just an SMG with a fuck ton of ammo.

Seriously, did they add this class in as some sort of joke? When is it gonna be fixed or removed?

Funnily enough the streamer I happen to be watching just got melted by a sweeping hawk and talked about how strong they seemed.

they're a harassing class, if you dont focus them when they show up they can whittle down a bunch of people's shields from above easy

I love auto cannons

How do I get the most exp out of my time? I'll go matches where I kick everyone's ass and get 3k exp and matches where I don't feel like I'm doing much and get 7k.

Play as a squad leader and mark locations for bonus exp

A lot

But still, I'm never sl so why does my exp vary so wildly?

I feel ya.

Longer matches gives you more time to kill people and more time to passively gain exp from capture points

>They nerfed the rokkit launcher
>Autocannons allowed to roam freely

IT'S GREENSKINISM I'S TELLS YE LADZ

Now aint ya a sowry git

I'm still unlocking 5k crates. On the plus side electric knuckles actually do okay enough to help with my shooting issues.

I just wish the rokkit didn't careen everywhere now with a long shoot time. I was fine with the goofy corkscrew

WEW

Anyone know how to turn off the weird auto aim that seems to turn on at random?
It usually happens the most to me while in vehicles.

I love that Paristur bailed at the absolute last second.

I can only imagine how the voice coms were going on right then.
Also >Trusting Swayzu to drive
That's almost as bad as trusting yva. ALMOST but not as bad

I have my gripes with the class but that's because they for some reason haven't implemented melee lock on for them as well as them having a set of wings which they just didn't bother to color and left grey despite being able to see soulstones on them. The game play on the other hand is fun as fuck, just flank and kill heavy weapons for days, whats not to get.

i had that stupid framedrop whenever the map first loads

Other version.

Swooping Hawks are probably the most fun I've had in EC so far.

Do you actually like autistic legions or did you pick it for the meme hat?

>another few days pass
>steam % down to 66 to 64
>owner numbers went DOWN below 75k
>still no damage control by nathan/ bE

I'll call it again, next into the warp livestream is going to be the dev team hosting an orgy on a tropical island with bags of money while callings us all fucking idiots. If we even get the damn decency of that, even.