Why does Veeky Forums hate the RX-8?

Why does Veeky Forums hate the RX-8?

Other urls found in this thread:

rotaryheaven.net/showthread.php?1510-How-to-get-the-most-reliability-out-of-the-RENESIS
youtube.com/watch?v=BVgvCd2g9Dw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>muh apex seals

Engine likes to blow, uses more oil than gas, shitty procedure not to blow it up, muh 9k rpms, muh rotary, stupid slow, 4 seater with 4 doors

i hate the engine

The car is pretty qt

"4 doors"

>hate the engine

Cunts with no idea always hate rotaries. This just proves it.

No ecoboost

same torque as a 2 litre, same power as a 3 litre, same economy as a 6 litre

I like the older rotary turbo one tho

Just i heard the rx8 dorito is poop stock

>i heard

Don't go off memes, I've told you this before. The renesis is a bit gay, and gets too hot around the exhaust port, but if maintained correctly and given a decent rev, it should last for ages.

My mildly modded rx7 used to get the same economy as my 3.8 v6 did. Except it was about 20 times as quick.

>but if maintained correctly and given a decent rev, it should last for ages.
Yeah theres a little silver one in town thats been going around for ages.

i only ever see them on weekends tho

the rx-8 wouldn't be so bad if the s2000 didn't exist

but the s2000 does exist

and it's dead reliable, can crank out 700hp on stock internals, and is a honda product so there's no nonsense in maintenance

unfortunately they didn't have an engine like the glorious f20 to put into the rx-8, so they took a fantastic chassis and took their excellent 6-speed and mated it up to an engine that just wasn't worth the hassle

but honestly, if a company came out with a kit to swap the renesis for something like the 2.3L out of an MS3 i'd be shopping

you can easily swap it with a 1jz or 2jz though

Veeky Forums is full of meme-spouting faggots who never touched a car.

Dont know if retarded or bait, literally google it you retard.

>4 door quad coupe

This.

Even when i literally start wrenching just to prove i can Veeky Forums keeps memespouting when i eventually have to go back to a mechanic
>waaa u got ripped off
>LOL x isnt how x works
Even though they have NEVER fucking worked on my cars or even seen them in the flesh its retarded

That said the dorito meme is true

what I'm getting from this thread is that it's a good car with bad mpg

rotaryheaven.net/showthread.php?1510-How-to-get-the-most-reliability-out-of-the-RENESIS

read that, and then make your own decision

>advising a person to pre-mix oil with gasoline for reliability

Basically this.

Also i heard they have a habbit of shitting out the factory oil mixer/premix thingy? And thats what fucked alot of them also didnt they have recalls ?

I dunno why i always watch videos about them they hate on them so much when the engine is easily fixed if its not pre fucked.

From what i understand arnt dorito's easy to rebuild/work on?

The only legitimate complaint from someone who is capable of spending 10 minutes to change the oil every 3000 miles and not limiter bash from a dead cold start is its fuel economy, yes

What

Its always threads like these that move the fastest

because majority of Veeky Forums is americans who wouldnt touch anything with less than 5.0 litre engines.
not implying all of 'em are like that, but a rather big number cant grasp the concept of a nimble sports car.

i can easily swap my dick into your ass too

everyone loves a nimble sports car, but no one wants to advise anyone to buy a headache

>10 minutes to change the oil every 3000 miles
Do you have any idea how inconvenient that is

Because a stock rx8 sure doesnt

>excellent chassis
It's just a long Miata.

I don't like it because of it's meme motor mostly. Besides that it's terrible 2000s-era aesthetic is awful.

I do like the suicide doors, though.

Early 2000's is acceptable until 2002 then everything looks like contemporary shit

Alot of platforms carried over from the mid 90s

There is nothing wrong with the car, you just have to fix the defect from the factor which is the lack of cylinders.

It's a pretty good car, my wifes son has one. Clutch feels good.

What engine should I swap the renesis out with?

>you can easily swap it with a 1jz or 2jz though
>easily
I don't really buy it. I don't think the engine was the problem anyway. People didn't hate FC and FD.

>What engine should I swap the renesis out with?

Is that a real question?

LS1 or ecomeme

About as inconvenient as cleaning your car I guess if you can't spare 10 minutes on a weekend

I rip on you when you talk shit, and I work on cars daily. Rotary meme isn't real friend. Only people that aren't dickheads and mechanically inept should own rotaries.

Sell me your renesis

Maybe a k20
Anything heavier will fuck the handling dynamic

>no turbo, yet still less reliable than its older brother
>looks like shit compared to the fd
>b...but they can be had for cheap!
because they're garbage and nobody wants them.

good thing we have gears so torque doesn't actually matter you fucking autist.

12a

I don't hate ot, but I can't think of a situation where I would own one. I would never DD ot, of course, but if I had enough money to have a pricey to maintain 3rd car I would get something else.

Then he's right.

>Mazda went from the FD to that
What were they thinking?
inb4 edgy contrarians saying the FD is fugly

>Mazda went from the FC to that
What were they thinking?
inb4 edgy contrarians saying the FC is fugly

You should just stop tripping on o because your are digging yourself deeper into a retard hole

I4 torque, V6 power, V8 fuel economy. Taking care of it properly is just an inconvenient hassle.

Otherwise I like it

Would be mint car if there was I6, V6 or V8 in enginebay.

>I4 torque, V6 power, V8 fuel economy
That quote suits renesis well

Both the FC and FD look great in their own way.
The FD kinda looks like a FC that went trough a severe massage session.

Daily reminder that new bmws use more oil. As well as subarus.
Daily reminder its a meme that they blow up easily.

So you'd say a k20 would redeem this bad boy?

How is four door a negative?

What have you had to go to a mechanic for?

Because, believe it or not, some of the people who frequent this board aren't really car enthusiasts. They only come to this board to bait people by making negative threads about widely beloved cars, whether its the motortrend GTR vs Z06 shitposters, anti rotary shitposters, anti BMW shitposters, american "luxury" shitposters, it dosn't matter. They only come to this board to make new people feel bad about liking a certain car or group of cars. They have no interest in the cars themselves, just the reactions they get. They have polarized Veeky Forums and created a "for or a against" attitude in which no meaningful discussion can take place. And so, we arrive to a point where people are making threads asking Veeky Forums why they hate the RX-8, when in reality many people on the board love the car, but are too afraid to truly voice their opinions for fear of being hounded by others. Btw the apex seals bust at around 100,000 miles.

>Btw the apex seals bust at around 100,000 miles
No

>Btw the apex seals bust at around 100,000 miles.
so much for "meaningful debate" when you yourself are spreading misinformation like every other shitposter too.

You guys are right, I redact the previous statement of apex seals going bad. I thought it was an obvious joke, but I'll go ahead and say now that I was kidding so no one else thinks I'm trying to hurt the RX-8's reputation.

I like RX-8s

>too afraid to truly voice their opinions for fear of being hounded by others.
How does that even work unless you're a tripfag? The entire point of user posting is to post your real opinions without repercussions.

Many people are just insecure like that

Get an e90 325-330i. Better in literally every single way.

>less reliable
>btfo by corollas
>only lasts about 80k miles
>ugly as fug
No thanks

I like them, I just couldn't live with having to spend that much time effort and money on "correct maintenance"

>captcha: Ferraris

>those r3 seats

I don't hate them.

I owned a 2004 S1 from new for about 20K miles, and a 2009 R3 for about 16k.

That's why I can honestly say that they are not good cars. They handle great. The engine is FUN. But it gets 12-13mpg in town. And REQUIRESSSS premix if you have ethanol'd gas.

Oh and they crash like fuckin garbage. Some tool in a Kia turned in front of my R3 and did 14K damage to my car. Popped the turn signal back in his and good to go.

But really, it's the terrible performance to mpg ratio. Needs premium, does 2mpg less IN TOWN than my Ls7 powered shitwhale that has more than double the HP. That's a bad fucking deal no matter what.

Wanna know how i know youre lying?
>REQUIRESSSS premix if you have ethanol'd gas.

good car with horrendous mpg, not enough power for its weight, and said engine is fairly unreliable for what you get

>nimble sports car
>170whp/3200lbs
>14-18mpg

might as well buy a frs/brz and save the headache. alternatively, bmw 128i.

thats a lot of money in aesthetics

Stock RX-8s look pretty boring but it has plenty of good looking aftermarket parts.

It's basically the kid who isn't really all that bad but has a brother who constantly outshines him

It's worse than the FD in almost every way.

The F20C has almost the exact same performance as the RENESIS in all metrics. Power, torque, revs, curves, etc. Except the F is vastly more reliable, more fuel efficient, as burns less oil. So why go rotary?

It doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner

>Even when i literally start wrenching just to prove i can Veeky Forums keeps memespouting
That's because you rape cars like Robert Hughes did his co-stars.

Real answer: they made less power than the FD. If they just rehashed the 13B into it we'd probably all like it. I also think it looks significantly uglier than the FD.

How do you go from the FC and FD to this
I just won't understand it

Also I think it's pretty incredible you can find an rx8 for the same price as a miata nowadays

I don't hate the car. I hate the fact that it has an outright inferior engine to its predecessor and the fact that nobody that owns one took care of it, which gave it the "unreliable" label for ages to come. It could be a good car if emissions meddling and normies didn't get in the way.

>K series engine is a four-cylinder
It wont fit any of my categories = I6, V6 or V8

>B-b-but BMW's and Subarus too!!!

Because the penny pushers didn't want Mazda to have multiple 2 seaters anymore.

And emissions killed the turbo 13B, which killed any hope at developing the 13B design to have enough torque to pull a car that weighs more than 1200kg enough to deem 'sporting'.

Trying to plop the 13B back into a sport coupe like the MX-6 or CD Cosmo while also (essentially) developing the engine for the Miata was a mistake.

>emissions meddling and normies
You mean entrance to viable markets and the car-buying public?

-The Future-
youtube.com/watch?v=BVgvCd2g9Dw

The RX-8 should always be a reminder that when you have a choice of what to do next with a specialized product, do what you do best.

Personal bitching here, but the engine should have had an external OMP system design with 'proprietary' lubricant that you'd just refill every thousand miles implemented in the 70s.

Because Veeky Forums is full of /v/tards that like to troll instead of talk about cars.

The experimental hydrogen rotary in the RX8 uses the same process as the sun, fusing hydrogen into helium and creating enormous amounts of HP in the process.

I almost bought one actually. Brand new engine, top trim, owned by Mazda mechanic, Black Halo spark plugs for reliability, seemed like a good deal as far as RX-8's go. Not sure how my life would have been different if I kept it.

>using same process as the sun
>implying Mazda created the first Nuclear Fusion reactor

Not exactly. Still, I hope 50 years in the future, hydrogen internal combustion because popular. You can get all the fun and feels of ICE but with no emissions. More power too. The main problem is containing the stuff, since it tends to be under explosive pressure and seep through the cracks of everything.

>More power too.
How? Gasoline is over 6 times as energy dense as Hydrogen.

Because it's shit

This would be a sexy car if it was kept the same length, but the dash was moved further back, thus lengthening the hood and removing the rear seat and door. Too bad I suck at PS.

Exactly, a little more slow stock but much much less of a hassle.

i like them.... with pushrods

>cheap as dirt because casualfags
>lots of aftermarket
>just needs new seals, injectors and a turbo kit and can make above 400whp
>practical as fuck

literally only a cuckhold would not like this car

> less reliable than an fd
Fd will never go over 200k miles with nothing but oil and spark plug changes
Fuck off retard

Rotary has superior torque and power delivery
it's also worldwide as a formula engine in a very very popular series
f20c is an overrated rice cooker

>>just needs new seals, injectors and a turbo kit and can make above 400whp
>just needs $5000 worth of engine work for barely 100hp+ over stock
So? I did that for $1000 with a tune on my oldass ls.

Also you are always going to have oiling problems, blow by due to the nature of apex seals

Rx8 made like 160whp stock
It's more than doubling the power