/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Maximum Cowpacity Edition

Previous: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

mctrainmanguide.wordpress.com/
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/the-rc-mod
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4kat5g/proof_of_concept_mod_morphotool/d3dn0nf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

doesnt that lead to instability?

just don't use TAIGA, it's getting rewritten anyway. Use Substratum, not Base Metals. And use Primordial Crops and not Mystical Crops (although Primordial is ugly as well and still lacks config support)

i actually use substratum, i just wish it had more metals like there were in metallurgy, maybe also signalium and enderium

also how hard it is to make decent textures? just base dusts and seeds from the preexisting examples, and for the love of god dont go above 16x16, leave texture packs to do that, or else it will looks off-putting compared to the rest of the textures

It does have Enderium and Signalium in my world, but don't think it makes Tinker's Alloys for them. Look into a mod called Fluidity btw.

Also Metallurgy metals are a fucking meme, there's no reason to want higher than diamond when you have Tinker's installed.

shame tinkers doesnt alloy them, maybe in the future. what exactly does fluidity add? can i get like an example?

No.

>The goal of this mod is to add content based on what mods are running alongside it. Think of it as an extreme integration layer, bridging gaps between mods and smoothing out inconsistencies. It also adjusts recipes and makes other tweaks if needed.

Seems this is the kind of mod with too many features to list (im surprised there is no tinker's construct additions to 1.10 though)

post autismshacks

thats because they all have dupes except Iron Chests lol

So, anyone gonna try out 1.11 and see how more fucked it is?

Tried it for an hour or two on some shitty serb.

Maybe i'm too biased towards mojew and their crap but it seemed utterly meh-tier.
Maybe I've played too much Skyfactory and TFC to have any fun with vanilla now.

It's begun. Very much a WIP.

mctrainmanguide.wordpress.com/

>reads mojang news

ok, new spook-type mob, with its own mansion. good, iglos are fucking shit.

>special map that shows landmarks like temples and shit,
about time. there was no way i was traveling 5 thousand chunks for the off chance to find prismarine only to find out there was a temple a few hundred chunks from my fucking house. why was this not implimented in 1.8? beats the fuck out of me.

>shulker chests, letting players take butt loads of crap and carry it with them without filling up inventory
ok, hundreds of other mods have done that and offer entire themes for which to obtain said things but thats fair. the modding ToS did say that any mod ideas would be fair game to implement into vanilla,kinda retarded to have waited so fucking long, thou-

>realized i completely disregard the very first image that was above the title

AYY LLAMAS
Y
Y

L
L
A
M
A
S

this will be the best update since 1.7.X

AYY LLAMA

>Yet another "useful" mob that makes a previous mob completely useless.
>Their whole gimmick relies on mojang's path finding code so people will just be sticking them in minecarts/boats anyway

Here's the strictly technical reasons:

- Farseek (the "library mod" used by Streams) will make any of the worlds you made without it installed unusable, as far as I know.
- Most importantly, however, when Streams encounters a chunk which is supposed to have a river on it, it *pre-generates every single chunk with that specific river on it* - and that number can easily go in the dozens or hundreds, which means that your worldgen appears to stutter every so often as Minecraft waits for Streams to generate so many chunks.

that may be true, but in terms of roleplaying, it would be quite interesting to see mountain-region players ride llamas while plains and desert players ride horses.

minecraft could use a more diverse ecosystem to allow players more options for builds outside of just blocks: its all about atmosphere

is there some place to view the full list of train serb's modpack?

(and does it have the magic mods)

it also cuts up perfectly pretty mountains.

I don't know if you guys remember me from the last thread, but I'm the buy that posted pic related looking for advice on what to turn the room into.

I've since made a day's worth of progress in the world.

Here's the outside of the house. I decided to just keep all of the farms on the surface.

Here's the entrance to the house.

Stepping inside, you can see what I did with the "Lobby" room.

The fireplace was a lot of trial and error, but I fixed it up to where nothing burns.

Here's the view from the other side.

The hallways are pretty bland, honestly. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix them, I'd be thankful.

The left hallway leads to a double auto-furnace.

The right hallway is made the same way as the left, but I made it a little longer due to needing room for redstone. You'll see why.

I'll skip that room on the right for now. It's just a pretty boring storage room.

This is the bedroom.

I haven't filled in the bookshelf yet because I'm still waiting to get enough sugarcane. It grows very slowly for some reason.

This room was the main reason for me making this world in the first place. I have no idea what my goal will be once I get the bookshelf together.

Maybe a piston door setup to hide a portal room? I'd rather hide the portal than have it out in the open near the farms.

View from the other side of the room.

Lights out

Here's the storage room. I skipped it, but here it is if you want to see it.

I'm buildin my first ever stable (always ended up building barn, but this time I want to breed horses properly). Wish me luck!

i have a tip for you: put logs at the corners, i dont mean replace the corners with logs, but rather to put log pillars one block forward from the corner. it will give it a more homey feel to it

It's not much, but it keeps the cocks and harpies out.

>cocks and harpies
>grime whore of gaia

no, nope im not getting in to this, good use of upsidedown stairs for battlements

Thanks. I'm thinking of having a big roundish bit in the center and making this be kinda the ground floor of the tower.

It's up about 3-5 from the ground below on some bamboo stilts.

Cyberware is kind of a cool mod.

It is
You can potatofy yourself by removing your arms and legs too, it's amusing that that's an option

Sink the floor a bit at the center to give it some dimension to it instead of making it look so bland.

Nice base tour, it's always good to see builds instead of endless shitposting. But for the love of god, please do something to break up the endless monotony of planks. Make the floors a different material, SOMETHING. Otherwise you've got a pretty comfy feel going.

I need ideas, ceeg. Ideas for traps.

Here's the lowdown:

>private modded serb with some bros from work
>1.7.10, custom built magic themed pack
>AM2, witchery, thaumcraft, plus flaxbeard's and IE
>mild RP element, my "character" is a goblin mad tinkerer/thaumaturgist and a paranoid megalomaniac
>world is set to an oceanic preset, nothing but medium to large islands for miles with the occasional not-quite-continent; I've established a small northeastern territory as mine and plan on building a castle spanning most of the island
>have established a "trespassers will be caught and shot" policy that I don't plan on backing down on

Beyond guard golems and the usual arrow trap stuff, what are your ideas for screwing with anyone who gets nosy?

Witchery is tailor made for pvp fuckery.

1st step.

Just for you

RTG's newer crag generation is the best shit ever for mountaintop bases

all i need now is a mod that adds rickety wooden bridges

Whole base is like that. I kinda like it.

Adds more to the "Underground" look.

It's def more visually appealing. You've got a nice stately underground abode going on.

Yeah... for some reason I really enjoy this painting as well...

Oh! What's that!? A lever!

That wasn't just any painting! That was what I used to point out a hidden passage!

Alright, I'll admit it. I just wanted to have a secret room in my base.

But, now I don't know what to do with it.

Any ideas?

Ars magica has autocasters from what I know, you could set them up in your base. You'd just need to practice some magic to make decent spells first perhaps. Roleplaywise, it'd fit the tinkerer thing, maybe moreso if you commission a mage to make you some spells

I usualy put all diamond and gold blocks there.

jail cell(s)

I just started this world yesterday. Granted, I've stayed up all night working on it, but I only have 7 diamonds.

I'd like to have an enchanting room.

Any ideas on how to max out a table without going for the shitty looking bookcases all around the table setup?

the fuck is this supposed to be...
>spiral staircase with no railing inside
>no reward at the top
...and why shouldn't i burn it down?

Amen. I'm thankful to that i have been doing Witchery since a long time ago. It's a blessing for anything pvp related or just pranking my buddies.

>wool simulating water instead of water
just fucking burn it down

>Any ideas on how to max out a table without going for the shitty looking bookcases all around the table setup?
If you're on vanilla - tough shit, that's the only way to do it.
On modded, there's a choice of more bookshelves of several types and strengths, or buttania pylons - and that's really about it.

Actually, I found a way to make it work.

As proof

Recurrent Complex has some strange structures like that. They're just meant to make you go WHAT THE FUCK when you're out exploring.

Any ideas on how to not make the walls so bland?

Add cobblestone walls and place a torch on it for additional lighting.

Eh... does that fix it?

first thing that popped into my mind was gears with belts..

I've done witchery before, but most of it's fuckery is of the hands on variety, isn't it? I'm looking to discourage people from touching my stuff while I'm offline or a thousand blocks away, rather than putting curses or whatever on them after the fact.

Might try my hand at binding some fetishes though. Someone told me there's one that basically works like a player alarm, that can interface with redstone. That might be worth looking into.

Unfortunately, caster blocks seem to have been removed in this version of Ars, which is a damn shame. I never got around to playing with the flicker stuff though - maybe there's something to be had there?

Thanks for all replies regardless.

Indent the wall behind the Painting, and place the painting there. That way you can add a border to it.

You talking about traps hidden everywhere? I don't remember too much about Ars Magica2, but i think that the runes last indefinitely which means you could pour some sick damage into them. Another thing you could do is trapping fuck tons of eldritch guardians and releasing them here and there to discourage people. Nobody likes warp.

I'm not too sure. How far are the people on the server? End game everything?

What are some of the better magic mods (for solo/offline play)?
I've given some of the more popular mod packs a go, but they're absolute clusterfucks and are incredibly confusing.

Witchery, Thaumcraft, Botania, Ars Magica, Blood Magic and related addons.

>Botania
>Arse Magicka
>good

Useful.

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/the-rc-mod

1.7.10 BTFO

>gimmick shit
wew

>unironically recommending Grind Magic

Buttania, memes and shitposting aside, does have some solid content in it

Which of those is grind magic?
I've a tiny bit of experience with Botania, Thaumcraft and Blood Magic, and they all seem rather grindy to be honest. Botania and Thaumcraft especially so.

>solid content in it
carefully ripped off from other mods

flowerfag shills please go and stay go

>complaining about mods copying each other

were you born yesterday? welcome

Ars Magica for RPG-tier wizardry, a pain to start, but becomes incradibly OP as you scale up, fully customizable spells
Thaumcraft for Lovecraftian magitech, and only Minecraft mod with decent boss fights (get some addons for it, they are damn good)
Witchery for some folklore twist on magic, summon succubi and enslave an imp, form your own vampire covenant or embrace your inner furry, more about rituals and shit, but you'll miss a lot of content in solo play, also, makes villages 100% comfier
Blood Magic for some 2edgy4u magics, slit your wrists Emo style and use your blood to kill your bullies
Botania for the dank maymays, most of it's shit is weeaboo'd features from other mods

>Need a T3/4 altar before you can do anything Grind Magic

>thinking I like the flowers at all
Most of the utility items are the real star. Harvest horns, crafting halo, the rods, baubles and shit like that

it's different, the flowerfag is especially open about it and does it

see: the all-in-one tool incident where he copied a new modder's mod literally one day after it was released and his took off immediately because of faggots like you who suck his cock at every turn

>dank maymays
are you 12 or fresh off reddit?

who are you quoting? i never said anything about you liking flowers
and all that shit being copied is exactly what i meant

I just don't get it. For about three fucking years, all I played was MineCraft. Seriously. I think I took one break and that was to play Skyrim when it came out.

Now? I can't even play for an hour.

What's wrong with me?

>he copied a new modder's mod

post proofs

>things being copied from other mods
So, once we get past all the duped content from ThaumicTinkerer (which Vazkii wrote anyway), and the equal trade wand - what else is there? Care to provide a list of things that have been "stolen" from other mods, as well as the mod/item its allegedly been stolen from? That way you might have some more weight to your argument/rhetoric/shitposting - y'know, rather than just saying "he cobbied id" without proof

You could do what I do.

I was in pretty much the same spot as you, but then I got the idea for a build and then got hooked again off of that one build. Now I'm back to playing nonstop.

I have a four hour shift coming up, but I don't care. I just stayed up all night posting my new build to Reddit and /mcg/. I'm a kid again running on pure caffeine.

Plus, I ordered this really nice desk last week and it'll be here tonight. It's fucking christmas.

It's like I'm 15 again staying up all night to adventure in MineCraft and improve my build. Current 22 year old me has never been this happy in a video game.

Just fucking build something, man.

here, have a direct link to the newer modder's comment about being miffed:
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4kat5g/proof_of_concept_mod_morphotool/d3dn0nf

(not him)
A Thaumcraft addon shown it's hourglasses, one day later the same exact shit was added to Buttania

Phoneposting so no proofs for now, but it happened on reddit

Nothing's wrong, brosef. Tastes change, or maybe you just don't have anything else you want to do in the game.

It's not your job. You don't need to play the game. Hell, taking an extended break might eventually lead to you coming back with fresher eyes.

Pic of the dask.

Because I'm happy and I want other people to see it.

> I really don't care that Vazkii "stole" my idea, that's why I said I was "slightly miffed" instead of annoyed, irritated or angry and why I said I have "no hard feelings". I don't consider this stolen either.

>what does the word "consider" mean

>"I don't consider this stolen"
>uses the word "stole"

hmmmmmmmmm

Project E is pretty convenient
If you stick bunch of important stuff in mod into end game content of others mods it's even balanced

Actually, the hourglass from Automagi had existed for a long time before Vazkii added his own implementation of it
And while they're both hourglasses, their implementation is completely different from each other
Might as well say that Automagy copied the timer from RedPower2