What does Veeky Forums think about the sprint booster?

What does Veeky Forums think about the sprint booster?

Of course it's not gonna "dramatically increase acceleration", as advertised by some, but artificial input lag is a real thing and apparently these nifty boxes remove that. Back in uni some of our professors refered to the pedal position as "torque wish" and the ECU then decides whether to grant it or not, regardless of the engine's capabilities to generate the desired output.

Will this make my modern manual N/A econobox feel more like it has a classic mechanically linked throttle body?

It's bullshit and will not do anything remotely significant enough to justify any price you would pay.

Just get ecoboost instead

This meme has to die.

I sense two (You)s

snake oil

That's why you get an ECU tune.

Just push the pedal further you autist.

No such thing for cars like mine. Gadgets to improve throttle response are the only thing I can get outside of an expensive custom tune.

What car is that?

N/A 1.4l 66 kW Opel Astra.

>adding some random piece of shit to your circuit will automatically break the laws of physics and make electricity faster

no

>break the laws of physics and make electricity faster
Kill yourself retard.

I call bullshit. It just connects into the throttle position sensor and I suspect it can't magically override the limitations of the stock sensor and ECU. The most it can do is clip the throttle response range, so pressing the pedal halfway in results in WOT to make it seem more responsive, while you could've achieved the same effect by just jamming the pedal faster. Meanwhile, that insufferable delay will still be there and you won't be getting rid of it.

i dramatically increased my acceleration by fixing the broken turbo control valve in my shitbox.

good lord did it change it...
but now i have torquesteer.

i tell you op, you cannot win!

Correct
But it will get rid of the artificial delay [MUFFLED MANUFACTURER NAME] put there on purpose.

Like ecoboost engines it soon will.

That's the same engine as the Corsa "C" SRi there are loads of off the shelf maps for that car giving upto a whopping 8bhp extra.

It's a tiny little gadget that connects on the end of the accelerator pedal sensor's connector. If the ECU intentionally introduces a delay between an accelerator pedal position change and the actual throttle body actuation, how will the thingy remove that delay?

Oh yeah, it won't. The most it can do is extrapolate based on the inputs you give it and make the ECU think you're flooring it faster than you actually are.

Which is exactly what I would do to approximate that. And,

>It's a tiny little gadget that connects on the end of the accelerator pedal sensor's connector. The most it can do is extrapolate based on the inputs you give it and make the ECU think you're flooring it faster than you actually are.

is also a WAY different statement than

>>adding some random piece of shit to your circuit will automatically break the laws of physics and make electricity faster

Nobody would have jumped down your throat if you had posted first in the beginning light you ought to have. But no, wherever you go you must also shitpost, and all communication must take place in the form of an argument.

>improve throttle response
it won't do that
**DING DING DING**

My car has this, its a "sport" button. All it does is make the throttle twitchy, Dumbest thing ever, going to rewire it to be a radar mute button someday.
OP, just push the fucking pedal down more.

No the problem is retard you don't know the difference between pedal travel and throttle response.

Enjoy you stupid gimmick...or just push the pedal down more

as others said, it just makes your TPS more sensitive and changes the map of how it opens the TB in relation to how much and how fast you change the position of the accelerator pedal.

Sort of like back in the 80's, a few american cars had a different ramp on the throttle cable so it feels like the car pulls within the first step of the pedal.

>not getting the superior 1.6 L with an incredible 75KW