How is Veeky Forums doing?

How you guys doing today Veeky Forums?
Are your brakes ok?
Checked fluids recently?
Accessory belts doing well?
Checked tire tread and pressure?
Shocks still tight?
Bushings still solid?
Fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs all doing their jobs?
I ask because i care Veeky Forums

all good, safe and well on jack stands.

>jack stands
But why

Breaks aren't necessary when you drive a manual so I guess I am doing OK. My fan belt snapped tho so gotta wait for a new one.

waiting for parts.

>Breaks aren't necessary
No they arent
Can you give even less detail plz?
I didnt wanna talk about cars or anything.

oh sorry, I'm waiting on a rebuild kit for my brembo calipers. I've pulled the ayc pump from my car as the motor plate has corroded and am awaiting new fluid for both the pump and the rear diff.

I've removed the exhaust manifold and turbo as I have replacements to fit, but am awaiting a new actuator for the turbo so the car is on stands with the calipers pulled.

I'm also changing the lifters, so they are in the mail too.

I'm about due for an oil change which puts me in a predicament; I need to buy a really low profile jack since my cousin moved out and took his with him. I'm also spending a lot of money on parts for my other vehicle right now so this kind of sucks a lot.

>How you guys doing today Veeky Forums?
good
>Are your brakes ok?
yep, rear rotors are developing a lip though
>Checked fluids recently?
topped off last week
>Accessory belts doing well?
yep, less than 20k on them
>Checked tire tread and pressure?
tires are only a few months old, checked the pressure a few days ago
>Shocks still tight?
rears are KYB gr2 and have about 20k, fronts need to be replaced soon. The rear springs are sagging like every subaru wagon ever does though
>Bushings still solid?
newish as well
>Fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs all doing their jobs?
spark plugs and air filter have just over 2k on them, fuel filter has about 20k. They're NGK laser platinum and wix respectively, so they better be.
>I ask because i care Veeky Forums
thx bby

Sounds like youve got things under control
Harbor freight is your friend
Now this is a man who loves his car. Keep going and your car will go with you

Yes because my car is a 2015
Oil life is at 40% tho

>Are your brakes ok?
No, need to check them

Yes, need to change oil

yep

yep, all right

>Shocks still tight?
fronts will need replacement soon, rears are good

>Bushings still solid?
Yep

Yes

I have lots of pad life left but my front rotors are showing some heat marks, presumably from heavy-as-fuck wheels and tires and lots of mountain and off-road driving. I change my spark plugs at 10k intervals so I'm due for those in a couple hundred miles, aside from that the only issue is that I cracked my windshield on Sunday and it goes directly through my line of sight. it's really distracting.

>How you guys doing today Veeky Forums?

Good cunt, busy as a one-armed brickie in Baghdad though.

>Are your brakes ok?

Front brake pads and rotors are mint, rears are due for a pad change in four thousand K. New fluid only seven thousand k ago.

Sure have, everything is fresh and on the line apart from oil but that's getting drained on sunday morn. Need to top up the water injection tank but.

Only the one serpentine and she's good as.

34-34 / 38-38 with 14mm of tread on every shoe. 155Nm on each wheel nut.

>Shocks still tight?

Toit like a toiger. Rears are noisy, but that's a Landcruiser thing.

>Bushings still solid?

No cracks or bulging bushings.

New air cleaner yesterday arvo, secondary fuel filter only has seven thousand on it. Primary has fifteen thousand on it with no trace of fouling in the inspection bowl. Diesel, no spark plugs, but each injector feedback value is +/- 3% so they are all in range. Number 7 is right on -3% and is starting to hammer. It'll get another fifty or sixty thousand before it needs pulling.

>I ask because i care Veeky Forums

Cheers cunt.

My fucking shifter cable fell off

>pic related

This is a fantastic photo

How hard is it to do alignments yourself with a just a camber gauge and tape measurer? My camber is really negative even after alignment, and I want to see if I can get it note positive without sacrificing toe...rear end btw. I have adjustable upper control arms and adjustable toe links, so idk why camber is still negative with this thing

Its not too hard. Have a second person for holding or adjusting things.
Triple check all measurments

Is there any reason one might switch oil weights and viscosities? Say from a 5w20 to a 5w30 or a 10w20? Just curious as to why 5w20 is so expensive too compared to the others

Thanks. Im just really nervous about getting toe out of wacky and grinding up my tires. As it is I can live with the camber cause I rotate my tires every oil change anyways, but toe would fuck it up. Seems like it was just a process to get camber in and see how much it messed up toe so the mechanics just got it in toe and barely in spec on camber then said fuck it

Extreme temperature changes...
Check what your car is recommended to have for your climate

How are breaks not necessary?

No likes to break things

But nothing else? I use 5w20 cause that's reccomended, but I've read that people sometimes just change viscosities or weights for fuck all of because the cat has high mileage

catalytic converter in my 06 Subaru outback isn't working properly,I think cold water splashed on it and cracked it

Luckily, I live in Arkansas, where they don't test emissions, so I think I might just remove the stuff inside it and be done with it

Certain engines can handle changing viscosity. Mostly older engines. Just do some reading on your specific car.

Its worth a decent amount of money. Destroying it is kinda dumb. Plus it will throw a CEL.
youre better off fixing it or putting in a test pipe and rigging your 02 sensor to think its still there. Theres a few write ups on it

Great. Had to pushstart my car because battery got super ded.
Brakes are fine, rear bites too hard.
Fluids _ALL_ changed (except A/C) last month. Diff, tranny, engine, PS, brake, clutch, turret, blinker.
Accessory belts no idea, they're next in conjunction with alternator/battery wiring teardown as outlined in first bitch.
Tyres still meaty and sticky.
Shocks work fine. Bushings might be questionable.
Fuel filter being changed when it's not raining.
Thank you, caring user. Will check my bushings when I get the alignment done next fortnight.