/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

Souls fags more like Solesfags Edition

Cursed! >Vicar/Redditslayer Event
pastebin.com/RMGciAGD

>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/87588
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly reminder that the event is over and you can remove it from your OP pastas moving forward

>DLC introduces a new feetfu
About damn time Miyazaki

Oops, sorry.

I didn't know you could summon 2 Blue Sentinels.

26 days until Painted World 2

How you holding up

Is your addiction to the Souls series waning?

>think it'd be fun to make a pugilist build with the caestus
>start it up and get bored by farron keep because the only thing I can do is spam L1

Hell, Bloodborne's bare fists had more variety than this.

>Vicar/Redditslayer Event
Update your pasta, user.

Blue spirits take up summon slots. You can get up to three with a dried finger, so long as you didn't summon anything else.

I feel like people not knowing this is part of why I never get Sentinel/Darkmoon summons.

Actually it introduces two.

Why are the R1s so goddamn slow?
There's absolutely no reason for this except that they wanted to make barefists bad and couldn't be arsed to make a new animation for fist weapons. And that 1H rolling attack, holy fuck. Who thought this shit was acceptable?

a lot of disadvantages from fatrolling, no actual advantages from heavy armor. in fact you'll get 2hit stunlocked by bigger weapons more often. but if you have fun with it, go for it
>blessed/simple
keep them buffable and/or remove the base and scaling penalty. being unable to slap a refined or raw gem on them is penalty enough
same for bleed/poison
>crystal and lightning, lower the base phys, increase the base elemental and slightly increase the elemental scaling
>refined
lower base OR make it so the infusion actually evens the scalings instead of bringing them both to match the highest one

I think you can technically fill all your summon slots with dorks but it normally will never give you more than one unless you get that bug that spawns two at the same time, in the same spawn location because the game thinks they're one person

how does fatrolling with bloodring compare to normal rolling or even quickstep?

not-velka and who? the pseudochainmom?

>that low res pic

It invalidates the point of wearing heavy armor.

The painter girl

Ah, I think that's what happened.
I only noticed one notification, although I was busy fighting the red spirit so I might miss the other one.

I had one in Dark Souls 1, it was okay. But you will not have much fun in 3, without actual poise you will get memed on without a chance of getting away. You can't even use a shield properly because of how hard they got nerfed.

you still get stamina penalty and slower, shorter rolls
pretty sure the painter cutie is the scythe girl

Thank you, user.

Is the crystal sage rapiere any good for a 60 int sorcerer?

They aren't. The painter girl has a child size body.

>okay time for a new paired weapon
>dual rapiers?
>paired ultra weapons?
>new unique type paired weapon?
>the nearly finished gold + silver tracer?

>no
>a straight sword paired with a shield

slow or not, that looks fun to use as fuck
DaS1 dragon form was kinda trying to be this way by drastically increasing unarmed damage and introducing new unarmed animation, but then they threw it all in the trash
fucking why

>pretty sure the painter cutie is the scythe girl
Not even close. One sec, I'll pull up the famitsu scans.

it started fading after the atrocity that was vanilla ds2
then sotfs came and i thought 'hey maybe things will get better!'
but then bb was ps4 exclusive so i couldnt play it
and ds3 got boring and tiresome to play before i even finished my first playthrough
i have zero hopes for the dlc, i only hope the inevitable goty/full edition is actually worth a damn so the series can end on a high note

pretty sure her description said something about her body being older than she seemed to be

>new axe has basic moveset + warcry
>when bandit axe and brigand axe are already identical

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/87588
Sunlight or Canvas Talisman for my Nameless King build?

Bloodring has more iframes than quickstep and no instability frames on recovery.

Quickstep can actually be kinda risky. While it has short recovery and good iframes, it's specifically balanced so that there is a notable window of vulnerable recovery, during which you take increased damage. Fast weapons like 1H straightswords can mash through quickstep spam and will eventually catch you, because that recovery is fair and balanced.

Bloodring rolls, on the other hand, just extend your iframes so far that your recovery frames all but disappear and you can mash roll into a straightsword with impunity because whatever vulnerable window there is is far too small to matter.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU MEMEZAKI REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>some people on /dsg/ defend this

canvas if you want damage
sunlight if you want to be a walking meme

>nerfing rings in PvP

>design a new, unique straightsword
>give it a new, unique WA stance
>give it a new, unique animation
>for the generic guardbreak WA that literally EVERY straightsword already has.
And people wonder why DaS1's development crashed and burned.

I am glad we are getting a gladius. Would have preferred it not being a paired weapon though.

You don't know what else there is. Iirc he said there will be 15 new weapons.

DaS2 did this with steel protection and it made sense because that ring in pvp was essentially just +effective HP and a mandatory ringslot when it worked.

Then DaS3 took the meme too far and did it with fucking half of the rings. Clutch rings were perfectly balanced risk/reward tradeoff in 2, why would they penalize them in 3?

Here's painter cutie, gonna find the screenshot of scythe chick sitting down.

desu dual weapons being just two twin weapons that attack in succession is lazy and exactly the opposite of what I expected of dual weapons.

>no rapier+dagger
>no flagspear+short sword
>no scythe + chain (whip)
>no katars

actually answering the question and not stating the obvious.
Thank you

DaS2 ring of steel protection was still useful in PvP despite the nerf
DaS3 PvP nerfed rings are fucking worthless in PvP

the hat is different but the robe seems to be the same

It might be an actual guard break considering it instantly broke the guard of the SL500 easy mode character

Straight sword "guard break" doesn't actually do so, just high stamina damage

Scythe chick.

Not likely. They just made sure the test character had enough stamina to be guardbroken to deliberately showcase the WA. It was intentional.

Christ you could build a house on that chin.

>nerfing sacred oath in pvp when it's 30 faith AND 2slots for just 10% damage boost

>they gave a meta changing WA to A FUCKING STRAIGHTSWORD

>because that recovery is fair and balanced.
Around fast weapons.

If an UGS user starts swinging, I hate time to react quickstep, attack once, then quicksteb away again while he still hasn't finished his one attack animation.

If you use anything ultra and has to against a quickstepper, your only hope is to change weapon.

>2slots
?

Damn I want to fuck Karla

Shut up nerd. The ps4 players(where ALL of three badshades and their leader are) haven't even finished their builds yet

Oh I didn't even notice you were asking about fatrolling.

The same shit applies except fatrolls have significantly more recovery, so even with bloodring you can't rollspam with impunity. Quickstep ignores your weight and gives you the same short-recovery dash regardless so it's probably the better option for an over 70% build. Just note that quickstep literally has no variation between below and above 70% so if fatrolling is part of your cosplay it won't come across via quickstepping.

it uses 2 attunement slots
and attunement slots in ds3 aren't cheap

that's Zullie you meme
still, I want to fuck both of them

>rapier+dagger

I'm with you on this, at the very least i was expecting an espada ropera/royal dirk combo to make an appearance but we didn't even get this. Also scythe and chain sounds anime enough to work desu

sacred oath uses 2 slots in ds3
>it used 4 in ds2

You can bully quickstep users with ultras by baiting them with partially-charged R2s. They hit the instability frames for massive damage and you can release the charge on reaction to their dodge to catch them reliably. Just so long as they aren't Vincent-tier lag, of course.

Numbered Casts > FP

Fuck FP.

Scythe feetfu and Painter feetfu can hardly be the same person because painter is outside and painting around on it while the scythe one is inside.

>tfw you could cast SO in pvp without a single point invested in attunement or faith
I loved all of DaS2's statboosting gear. It made minmaxing tonnes of fun.

>armor absorption doesn't get diminishing returns past 25%, it's just multiplicative stacking being weird because each armor piece's reduction is counted separately
>100 damage -20% -20% -20% -20% = ~50% total, not 80%

>the same effect applies to rings, however multiplicative stacking on rings actually boosts damage higher than it would otherwise for the same reason that multiplicative stacking on armor reduces defense less than it would otherwise
>100 +20% +20% = 144, not 140

Fucking math, goddamn.

oh, right. for some reason i thought you meant ring slots. been brainfarting a lot lately
it was actually good in ds2

reminder to stream the ps4 vicar event

>dual whips
>Great hammers pogo stick
>greatbow+quiver (shoots 3 sequential arrows)
>Scythe with a throwing boomerang WA

>it was actually good in ds2
it was fucking broken in ds2 and thankfully they nerfed that shit into oblivion

What event and why ps4, nobody plays ps4

not sure if i have a problem with fp, but blue estus can suck a dick
especially during invasions

having 3 of each while the host has 12 is such a joke

What if it's a short sword with the short sword moveset?

Why are you same fags keep posting about how much you don't like souls games? If you don't like them just leave. No one wants to see your spam every damn thread.

No one cares if you don't want to play. No one cares if you only like thr 1st one. Just shut the fuck up about it and fucking leave.

The paired gladius+shield and the javelin are hyping me up for some sick ancient roman arms and armor to be honest. I'm a little disappointed they put guard break on it but I'm hopeful the fashion possibilities are worth it.

I thought I saw an animation for what looked like a greataxe paired with a normal axe. Somebody found it within the game files, looked pretty cool.

I think there's AT LEAST 3 people trying to finish their vicar build

and the event is to slay peeve

I hate dark souls, but I hate every other game even more, and I absolutely despise everything that isn't playing vidya
fucking end me
please

>catch quickstepper with my GH
>instability frames
>big damage, but not enough to one shot obviosly
>can't even land the second hit
>he just keeps quickstepping
>the chance of me ever catching his instability frames again is zero

Is there anything great weapons don't suck against?
Suck against glaives because they have more range and more HA
Suck against GS because the GS HA aligns with the frames in which great weapons have no HA
Suck against CGS because their HA activates faster and the attack comes out quicker, for huge stagger
Suck against SS and katanas because 90% of them get outranged somehow and get easily pressured because of the retarded great weapons stamina consumption
Suck against anything fast because can roll in, attack, roll out before the slow animation finishes once
Suck against spears and piercingsw because they can be poked during recovery frames easily
Suck against magic because can be snipe from afar after backing away, using the long recovery from ultras to land hits safely

if you think of it with modifiers it's easy. for armor it's 0.8*0.8*0.8*0.8*100%=40.96%. for rings it's 1.2*1.2*100%=144%

FP is way superior to the retarded vancian casting of previous games.
Blue flasks should just count in 2x the amount as normal Estus.

They don't care buddy. People would rather have something more consistent like a summon sign phantom that will crowd near a bonfire or get some of their friends ingame to baby them. But let's be real here, when has there ever been a time that a dorkmoon been good at their job?

>snowy dlc
>no sign of bonefist
m-maybe the next one, right?

>gladius and shield equipped
>swap to javelin to throw
>your shield disappears

Unless you had the gladius/shield in your left hand I suppose, but then your shield would disappear and your sword would teleport to your left hand.

I want the scythe to have that jump she does as WA, maybe not that far though. With meme hyper armor like on O&U and enough stun to let you combo into r1 r1

>snow DLC
>not Carthus sand DLC
FUCK

they're awesome for PvE, but in PvP they indeed are fucking worthless

Lets face it. Miyazaki won't give us anything that fun because he hates fun and only cares about money.
Movesets full of original, unique animations that are entirely a labour of love by the creators can't exist in Miyazaki Souls.

I'm a dorkmoon who's good at my job. Assuming the host is alive by the time I get summoned.

>People would rather have something more consistent like a summon sign phantom that will crowd near a bonfire

>sentinels/darkmoons are blue summon signs
>wearing way of blue lets you see blue summon signs
>sentimoons don't disappear after killing invaders, but are kicked when the host enters a boss room
>blue spirits get a fucking ear when the host challenges a boss

>Bone Fist was in the DLC trailer for 2
It was not

That one will be the next. It turns out Londor is a city on the back of a giant turtle and that turtle is roaming through the great desert of Carthus.

>spin shit
Why can't FromSoft just be creative for once

When is it? I'm not sure I'd be able to finish a sl170 build on short notice but I'd hate to miss the one ps4 event that occurs every other century.

and
>make att slots cost less
>make WA use durability instead of fp

I'm starting to suspect Miyazaki had little hand in making Bloodborne and that was why he wanted to move back to Souls so much

well, there's a reason why these animations weren't included in the game

You are correct. It was, however, in the screenshots.

Yeah it was in the leaked? screenshots.