discord.gg/m7hJP
clyp.it/4irjkexn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what happened to the lewd jam?

NO devs allowed
Nodevs allowed!

Right here frienderino

itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016
It's not an /agdg/ jam, it doesn't need to be in the OP.

>falling for a meme

95% of anons in this general are nodevs : ^ )

hey kid
wanna see a game?

That's a cool attack

pls yes

neither is v dev crew chat. why is it in the op?

If it's not /agdg/ related why does the steam group have links to /agdg/?

Neato Burrito

by your logic agdg linking lewd jam makes agdg related to it so here we go

Are you just pretending to be retarded?
I already linked lewd jam, in fact you replied to my message with lewd jam in it.
Lewd jam doesn't have any indication that it's being hosted by /agdg/, so it's not an /agdg/ jam. How is this hard for you to understand?

not an argument

get out kiddo

working on some new occult-related events
quick, make up a weird spell

I think explosions can solve a lot of problems.
I'll remake the explosion at the correct resolution eventually.

This. The simple fact we have been talking about it every for two months makes it agdg related whether you like it or not.

I want to enjoy this game but the
>can't move if you want to shoot up/down
kills it for me

*every thread for two months

>idea came from here
>voted on by /agdg/
>still think it's not an /agdg/ jam

just admit you're a nodev and it triggers you because not only can't you make a game, you also can't make art.

You can but you have to first set your aim direction with the secondary fire before switching to the primary or use the other analog stick.

So I guess Ludum Dare is an /agdg/ jam too, right? Because we have plenty of people that join and talk about that jam when it happens.

Are you going for a technical gameplay type? Something with special moves and dashes and such?

Confirmed for not native language speaker, or just poorly educated. Perhaps you should improve before engaging people in a language you're not skilled with.

Nah, that was Demonsteele's shtick, GMOTA's more about getting close and whacking shit with swords, throwing subweapons, or using the arm cannon if you got ammo.

The other characters will have different play styles though.

>208 people joined the jam
>not even 7 games
reddit users and horny nodevs don't have a place here.

daily reminder only salty nodevs with no game to show hate discord because they can't shitpost anonymously
discord.gg/m7hJP

Holy fuck you retards argue about this every god damn day NO ONE CARES

POST PROGRESS

What in his post is not "native" ?

I'm asking because I am interested in improving my non-native application of your language.

discord is mostly a clique of nodevs

>POST PROGRESS
there's no point to post progress here anymore.
/agdg/ is such a shithole.
look, nobody even give a damn shit about there's only shit flinging around here.

or people actually don't give a damn shit about anymore.

Cool. Maybe look at dragon's dogma for inspiration if you don't know it already. It's classes have very different playstyles each suited for their own kind of tactical approach.

you'll fit right it then

1 day remains before the deadline

desu he didn't include any bait in his post

to be honest I don't like spooky games which is why I just never payed attention to that game.
Also why are you here if you think /agdg/ is a shithole?

>tfw bug shame

i never want to release anything again

Shit man I spent a lot of time in Dragon's Dogma, and I played as all of the classes, shit was gr8. But I'm going for a really arcadey beat 'em up style thing with this one.

The basic idea for each guy is:

Knight is good at melee with his sword, can throw it and kinda sucks at ranged because of ammo limits and shit

warforged good with a spear, has a gun and the only hitscan weapons, sucks at close range

kobold has lot of grenade weapons and a magic sword for some other unique spell effects

extra fourth guy has a big fucking sword is pretty much julius mode from Castlevania aria of sorrow

Still working on the knight though.

Good. You're too weak for game dev.

how do i become strong, i don't like letting people down

not an argument

You can't please everyone. And some people exist only to bring you down. Dev for yourself first, than others.

Try handle losing with a bit more grace.

>why are you here if you think /agdg/ is a shithole?
why is all the other shisposters here?

And here is the visual cue for the corgi hitbox

test your fucking game nigga

i two argue with people who speaking the tongue of the board on manners unskilled

we are kindrid spirits\

Cute!
The hitbox indicator is nice.

>bluer greyer shadows and yellow saturated light
Does anyone know when it's appropriate to:
Saturate the darkness & desaturate the light, VS
Desaturate the darkness & saturate the light?

(pic only slightly related, I'm not referring to that brown crap palette on the left with either of these)

This is something I've been having trouble understanding. I've done 99% of my art with desaturated light, and I recently tried the opposite and it looked great and now I'm second guessing everything I've ever done.

Or maybe I shouldn't be, because it's "cohesive" since all my art follows the same rule?
I wish there was a list of what kinds of materials look better for each.

when itch starting jam agdg starting vote jam primary so you see jam is ours agdg from begin

glad to see this thing alive, one of my favorite /agdg/ games

the darker it is the less colors we naturally see so it makes sense to desaturate the darkness

What do you guys think about kickstarter?

I really want to continue making my game but my gf has been getting on at me to get a job for years now and I don't think I can put it off much longer.

I absolutely love this pretending to be a retard meme!

sheeiiiit
i guess i can just chalk this up as bad habits I learned when I started my game, it's too far along now. I'll do it right next time.

Does this look like a fun gimmick?

yes, but only if it's grounded in some kind of pretense ie Pinocchio's nose

grapple hook has been done a ton of times already, hopefully you're not trying to bank on originality
this having said it's probably fun

Did you watch like 2 seconds an then close it?

Progress posting

clyp.it/4irjkexn

I figured I'd take popular gimmicks and make their reverse. In this case, reverse grapple hook (expanding stick). Still trying to think what reverse double jump or reverse wall climbing would look like.

How about reverse time-stop?

Damn that's juicier than a Ja/ck/ burger.

replace the guitar thing with something less sharp sounding

i watched it all
it can be summed up as "ninja rope from worms shot down and not bending around"

looks like sperm

>What do you guys think about kickstarter?
if you have nothing to show, you will fail.
if you are not an artist, you will fail.
if your game is not interesting, you will fail. (e.g. 2d platformer #24747262 without better graphics than most of the others out there in the market)

>get a job for years
if you are jobless for years, get a fucking job.
vidya dev is not a reliable income source.

Fuck yeah it does.

Did he put that on the grill for all of like two fucking minutes

looks pretty fun. i can imagine a difficult+fast auto-scroller level

Not an argument.

Salmonella has never looked as delicious

jesus christ cook that shit. may as well eat it cold and raw

The gravity doesn't affect the small balls? smdh

>THE NIGHT TRAIN: DICK

what did he mean by this

t. small balls expert

the screenshake it a bit too intense, other than that looks real nice.

>reading through the thread yesterday looking for dank {yous) on progress.
>See this in regards to black/white anons updates

My god, Googum usually has shit taste but I think he is right here. Having color everywhere is fucking boring, it MIGHT look better, but I think if you use the idea of sparing color correctly it could be done with a much better effect than just having color everywhere.

I don't know exactly how. but if you had like "raycast like" areas of light where shit underneath them got colored so your walking past and sprites get colored just in that area it could be super fucking awesome looking. Like your lasers turning red but just under that area.Or if instead of monsters flashing and then dying like in an arcade game they spashed pixel blood and then flashed/died but the pixel blood sprayed under a raycast light and became green or purple that would be super aesthetic.

I'm kind of just spitballing here. But I think googums version, or pure black/white, is better.

short answer, yes. You will need a good art concept to really bring it to life though

Make it so every click makes a stick section shoot out, but make it so the pc isn't glued to the stick so when it tips over, he falls off.

Ofcouse make it more wobbly the higher it goes.

>tfw you suddenly understand all the things that made you confused in C++ for years

>tfw you suddenly understand all the people complaining about C++ are people who are bad at it

I wonder if this will be me in years. I'm learning c++ but using c# because c++ syntax is literal cancer.

some progress, the UI looks like ass but is functional, as in the stats are filled automatically, and the dialog content is not hard coded

It's always nice to see your art evolve. How many cards do you have?

45 or so, counting items and spells
I'm aiming for 80 cards for the demo

It almost looks like they're on a desk. Like a table top.

Also is that a trap.

yeah i know, ill do it

It's Etna from Disgaea so _______maybe_______

haha I know that feel m8. Syntax is weird af, but once you learn it and finally understand what it actually means, everything start to make perfect sense;

should have rotated the camera, it's basically some dump area surrounded by fences.
Etna's no trap though, she's a proud, flat demon(female)

That's a girl character from Disgaea

America germ paranoia is hilarious.

I went to a friends barbecue and this old lady that was there kept talking about eating hamburger raw as kids. She fucking did it right in front of my eyes too.

"YOU KIDS DON'T EAT RAW HAMBURGER? YOU'RE WEIRD"

Do people really eat their shit so raw? Why did our ancestors even bother discovering fire.

you don't even know how delicious that is

actually makes me want to puke.

I'm a giant bitch, I ruin my steaks too because I cook them all the way through every time. The idea of eating raw meat makes it completely unpalatable.