/acg/ - Armored Core General: Trying to Fix the OP Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Every move you make

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Every vow you break

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Every smile you fake

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg
takaratomy.co.jp/products/zoids_teaser/
youtube.com/watch?v=p_EE6k1c5gM
youtube.com/watch?v=hKdcXqHZQxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mOjOflFZwZw
yukirinue4.hatenablog.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Okay, so here are the pressing issues:
I finally found the most recent pastebin through some archive trawling. However, the archive only goes back to late February and the recommendation pastebin was changed some time before that, so unless someone has that link, that crap is lost.
It also looks like we need to reup the V soundtrack. Mega keeps shooting it down, so if there are any better ideas that don't involve downloading each track individually through pomf, I'd like to hear them.
Both of you fags need to start playing Ring of Red yesterday.
Here's the picture someone asked about.

I doubt that Kadokawa buying FROM is enough to justify how popular it its.

Oh God, is that happens, the next would be ACs as little girls.

>that pic
Muh sides.

Anyways is this the rec pastebin?
>pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

I can try searching more if you want if that's not the correct one, that one was apparently updated Feb 13 of this year according to the opening thread I found it on

I also found this on the same archived which is apparently 1.9 of the AC pastebin compared to the 1.82 on this thread

>pastebin.com/WSq32Amg

Yeah, that's the one.
I found the same thing with the version numbers, but the post dates tell a different story.

>the next would be ACs as little girls

That would be quite something.

Yeah, that's what puzzled me too.

Can a NEXT survive taking a hit from the current Nuclear Warhead power we have today? And let's say it can't, would it be fast enough get out of range?

Absolutely not.

The smallest nukes (~1 kiloton yeild) made have about the same ballistic power as a AC4/FA grenade. Modern ICBMs can have up to 9 megatons, aka, 9000 times more damage.

So consider a modern nuke (not even a MIRV...) being like dropping 9000 FA grenades onto a next simultaneously.

NEXTs are slower than fighter jets, they have far less firepower than navy ships or bombs, they have lower range than ballistic missiles, and they have worse telecom/radar than satellites.

But they can do ALL of those jobs as a single unit and that's what makes them a threat. They're a walking nuclear missile that can also fire bullets. In that way, I think that the US military could take down a NEXT easily, but only if you had a large amount of coordination and preparation in advance, as the power of the NEXT is its ability to basically melt through static forces that can't adapt/move like it can.

FM4 bump.

bump

So I've been very curious about this (because I'm weird like that I guess) but besides Armored Core what other games do you guys play?

I lost a lot of friends in the past because I thought since they play Armored Core they much play other hardcore high skill ceiling games too. That turned out not to be the case and I turned out to be annoying.

Shin Megami Tensei, Pokemon, assorted RPGs and shooters

Mostly Dota 2.

Currently I am playing Fire emblem fates, Devil survivor 2, LoL, Bloodborne, Paragon and I am looking for people to play Left 4 dead 2.

I want to know the names of those RPGs

Cool. I never got into that one or LoL I'm currently trying the newer stuff like Paragon and MxM. I will get to the big ones eventually.

>Devil survivor 2
Dude! I want to talk about it in full details, this is one of my favorite games. I'd rather not go off topic any further in /acg/ though.

I just started, I am focusing more on fates, I just defeated Dubhe, duebh, duhbe, the ice cream cone thing.

You can talk about it, we don't mind. We're starving for AC related content anyway so it doesn't matter.

>>Devil survivor 2
>Dude! I want to talk about it in full details, this is one of my favorite games. I'd rather not go off topic any further in /acg/ though.
woah you too? DeSu2 is my favorite game of all time actually lol

>I want to know the names of those RPGs

Fire Emblem (I wont play the botched translation for fates though so Im waiting for now), Front Mission, Dragon Quest, I wish I was playing medabots japan you stingy bastards, monster hunter kinda counts right

Most of my time is spent being bad at card games though, I play pretty much any card game I can get my hands on but mostly Yu-Gi-Oh because it has the most video games to play

shmups and rhythm games

Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Dark Souls. I grew up on only AC so I tend to only play games that feel like AC does.

It's not so much about "high skill ceiling" as the type of skills involved. AC rewards crunching large amounts of numbers, and reducing that into a few simple, quickly executed commands. Dark Souls, MGS, and GT are all like that, especially Gran Turismo, where you have only 3 major inputs (brake, throttle, steering) yet not only is there not one "perfect" way to drive around a course (the ideal path changes based on where other cars are positioned) but your actual performance and choices depend on oodles of stats, preparation, etc.

Just like how some players can win using a lightweight but not a heavy, some GT players are great at F1/LMP2 class races and others are great at drag racing, because of the various types of optimization you have to do.

I consider the last thread a successful one, no only because we reach both bump and image limit, but also because we had a good AC talk overall, some speculations and theories

And the few following threads will die early thanks to our curse

Going to play more DS2 then, I will enjoy it more, having people to talk about it is always a fun. /feg/ is full of waifufaggotry so I cant do that with fates.

Yeah, it was successful.

Random assorted PC bullshit. I play Warframe, Nuclear Throne, Space Engineers, RimWorld, etc.

I used to be really competitive and heavy into FPS (TF2, QL, the original Planetside) and RTS (WC3, BW, SC2 & DoW) a few years back but due to a lack of truly "decent" games being released in the past few years belonging to those genres with very few exceptions, I'm not too into them right now. I picked up Overwatch in hopes of rekindling my FPS spirit and while it kinda did, the lack of content right now sorta hurts. Still, it's pretty fun.

Recently, I've had a surplus of free time so I was thinking of installing some emulators and trying out highly praised games I never got into or heard of when I was a kid, specifically RPGs like Xenoblade Chronicles, Persona, Star Ocean, etc.

Play Xenogears too while you're at it. It suffers from quite a few problems and you'll need a guide to make sense of some very basic mechanics that go unexplained, but it's a classic and pretty much the best mecha RPG out there. Too bad they ran out of budget and rushed the second half ;~;

Emulate FM4 and Monster Rancher Evo, those are two of my favorite PS2 games.

bump

Yeah that was a nice thread. Been a while since I played 4/4A and I forgot how they're very formidable in their own right among similar mecha.

Noice, thanks for the suggetions. I'll be checking them out.

>Both of you fags need to start playing Ring of Red
i've been meaning to give this another shot
also that image is great
>9000 FA grenades onto a next simultaneously.
interesting
>what other games do you guys play?
3rd strike, which if SFIV & V are anything to go by will remain the best fighting game until the end of time
i've been playing a lot of yakuza lately and am looking forward to 0
and i love old JRPGs, 2d shoot'em ups/run & gun.
also good japanese action games with creative mechanics. kojima, mikami, kamiya etc. and of course our man miyazaki. i have no e-peen though so i play everything on normal or hard - rarely DMD/european extreme etc.
i like "interesting" games and games with an "old school", arcadey vibe. and if it allows local multiplayer, i'm in.
>I turned out to be annoying.
you must have been rrrreally annoying if you lost friends
>Xenogears
wish i could beat that shit. think i did 3 or 4 attempts on the final boss. even checked a guide. there was no way i was going back to grind in that game.
i enjoyed the second half very much. it allowed the nigh-ungraspable story to move along at a brisker pace.
i still don't know what they were going for with the mech combat, though. as i recall, every single mech battle, be it random encounters or boss battle - EVERY SINGLE ONE - demanded you do the EXACT same thing.
the game had this strong indescribable chrono trigger vibe to it (not just the music). i think it was the same team that developed both.
good game but hard to recommend.

>wish i could beat that shit. think i did 3 or 4 attempts on the final boss. even checked a guide. there was no way i was going back to grind in that game.
Weird, I remember the final boss being too easy. I even did it with a suboptimal party (Fei, Bart, and Citan) instead of the cheesey parties they rec in the guides. It just wouldn't have felt the same without my main team kicking the shit out of the final boss together. Would have subbed Citan for Ellie if I could have brought her, but oh well.

It's definitely hard to recommend from a gameplay perspective. You have to be a storyfag to really get into it.

How long could Celebrity Ash survive in the world of ACVD?

Is he in a NEXT?

>Both of you fags need to start playing Ring of Red yesterday
Dang I just need to finish one of the games I'm playing right now then I'll play it

I play pretty much anything from old to new to whatever generation from whatever genre (except sport games those are the only ones I avoid playing but will play them if I'm hanging around with someone that likes playing them)

Also I don't play mobile games quite as much but I want to try them out more (even though I basically don't leave the house and think playing them while inside is a waste)

Thank you for reading my blog

His same shitty NEXT from FA. He has a base of operations and can resupply, get repairs, and run the Kojima reactor just fine.

bump

I haven't been hardcore into AC in quite a while, the games I've been playing mostly as of late are fighting games (primarily Guilty Gear) and Dark Souls/Bloodborne

/v/ thinks this might be a game,
takaratomy.co.jp/products/zoids_teaser/
I don't know if it'll pan out any better than the first time, but I sure hope it will.
MonHun
Going to start tracking down more Silent Hill games when I can afford them.
I had some money on my Nintendo account so I let Sandstorm talk me into buying Iron Combat. Haven't tried that out yet.
Mechwarrior 4.
That you, Nevan? There's a chance I'll be starting Overwatch soon. It depends on a few factors. Time is one of those.

Not that person, but following that train of thought, what was the hardest game that you guys have played?

Hardest thing i've ever down was fighting the Lost Sinner from Dark Souls 2 on ng+ before they nerfed the red phantoms. That shit took me forever....

been doing absolutely nothing with my free time for two weeks other than playing Persona 5
going to play some AC soon since dark souls stopped being good enough to go back to consistently

Assault Suits Leynos. I don't know if they changed the difficulty any in the remake, but the original Genesis game was pretty much impossible after the first couple missions. Still one of my favorite mecha games though.

iidx. tfw i will never get past 10s

Realistically? Probably AC Last Raven. No other game had given me more rage inducing moments as a kid. Everything since feels so much easier by comparison, too.

Ninja Gaiden 1 on original xbox when I was a teenager. That moment when I found out I'm a masochist. . .

Oh, and unrealistically? Shooter; Space Shot.

It was a $5 game I got out of a Wal-Mart bargain bin because it had the Agetec logo. It had terrible translations (it would say "Londing" instead of "Loading" half of the time) and was basically a poorly localized arcade shooter designed to get quarters out of gullible kids, meaning it was unreasonably hard.

It was a bullet hell with (I think) 5 levels. You got 3 lives for the entire game, and each level lasted FIVE MINUTES OR LONGER. Here's the thing though: There was absolutely no save/password mechanic. If you died, you went back to the beginning of the level, and if you lost all of your lives, you STARED THE ENTIRE GAME OVER AGAIN. The bosses alone took ages to take down and often were simply immune to attacks with no explanation about how to actually damage them. There were no health bars or on screen indication that you were hurting them.

Here's a video of some of the gameplay:

youtube.com/watch?v=p_EE6k1c5gM

Just like in that video, I never got past the fourth stage, only reaching the fourth stage boss twice before realizing he was just immune to all damage I could deal to him.

To 12 year old me, who never played (and still do this day, do not play) bullet hell games, this was on a level of "what a waste of money" difficult.

Oh yeah, and there was no healing or 1ups in the game either. So those three lives were all you got for the entire game, the only way to 'heal' was to kill yourself.

I just checked out a complete gameplay video, the final boss battle lasts 5 minutes of the 40 minute gameplay. I never even reached that point after owning the game for 2-3 years.

big fish in a small pond situation.

I wish I didnt suck at figthing games, I find them fun, but I playing online is a rapefest for me.

Last Raven (reminder that I did it as my first AC game) Devil survivor 1, Knights in the knightmare (mainly the bosses, the maps didnt help) and the whole megaman zero serie.

He would last as long as it would take for a team of mercs to get hired to take him down. Realistically, Reaper Squad would have murdered and gutted/reverse engineered his tech long before he did much.

>big fish in a small pond situation.
If ACV ACs could take down Black Glint, then Ash would be just as capable of being bested. He'd have an advantage but hardly invincible

>I wish I didnt suck at figthing games, I find them fun, but I playing online is a rapefest for me.
Tell the truth I mostly play locally with friends, don't go online that often. If you've got a friend or two who enjoy/you can get into fighting games, that's pretty good. Having a friend around the same skill level is one of the best ways to learn.

But black glint is nowhere near to the movement a real NEXT can do

>fighting games
Same here, the problem is that we dont see each other that much these days.

bump.

bump.

I'm going to try and emulate FM4 on my laptop. I need to do my yearly playthrough of it.

What is /acg/ favorite legs from AC?

Mine are CLF-D2-ROG

Oracle has some nice legs.

>when your internet is out and you have the perfect opportunity to play AC on the PSP until it comes back on, but you don't want to wear out the buttons and make it worthless, since they stopped selling PSP's

>when you were thinking about downloading AC1 to play on an emulator, but your internet goes out before you get a chance to do it

Aaliyah-chan's legs of course.

Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, Pokemanz, Stardew Valley, Gundam Extreme Vs IF I HAD IT!

I swear no one knows the love that is FM4 and Monster Rancher games.

Also, FM4 is emulating fantastically.

Would you play an AC spinoff game?

>AC fighting game
>no set "characters" to choose from
>Your moveset is completely customizable
>You customize the moveset by swapping out your parts

>AC Corporation Simulator
>play a CEO and fight other corporations for dominance
>build MTs and bases, manufacture and sell AC parts and other products
>launch huge military operations with your troops, plays like Operator mode in the ACV games
>hire Ravens to take on harder missions for you
>can sponsor particular Ravens and have them work for you full time and use your company's parts

If I can make squads to go and do not entirely legal stuff for me, that would amazing.
>fully custom squad to do nasty shit
>they all have xcom style histories
>basically front mission
i want to be a CEO
please

ELN-02SLD, the special class midweight legs added in AC2:AA. Used famously by Unfettered.

I love parts that look like one step beyond / a slight experimental variation of normal legs. They're on the fringe but still utilitarian and useful.

Unfettered gives me PTSD.

He's still my favorite AC of all time. No explanation, no backstory, a simple build using (for the most part) mundane parts. I don't even think he had H+. But he had GREAT AI and utilized his abilities to the max.

Oh wait now I remember the chain gun. Yeah, H+.

If the Corporaton game plays like Recettear, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I would play both, but the corporate Sim would be great.

I already love the UNAC and AI from Formula Front.

FreQuency from VD.

Nice choice. I used those myself for a while but eventually used the KNOT.
My favorite looking ones however are the quad legs Mathias used in AC2, the name of which eludes me, but the that that they didn't walk was a turn-off, until they reappeared in the portable games.

I have always think that a RTS spin off would good.

Usign age of empire as basis

>choose main company (Civilization)
>build workers, facilities and basic MTs
>Get the support of one of your subsidiaries (advancing of age)
>Best units are AC
>those take a lot of resources and time to get
>or you can use a lot of money to get one fast (mercenaries) and dropped in the place you want
>You can win either by military conquest or reaching a economic advantage.

Depending on the game that is based one, we could have gigant MTs or Arms Forts

Bump.

Just buy replacement buttons.
I bought clear turquoise buttons for my silver PSP 3000. I'll post pics when I get home from work

>need to start playing Ring of Red yesterday
I did play it yesterday. The beginning sequence was fucking garbage. All you did was stand still and spam shots into each other, cause moving costs time that you could spend reloading quicker. I killed the Type 3 by sacrificing the girl, but it just runs away automatically across the entire map so I felt dumb. I'm just gonna pretend the game ended there cause I destroyed the Mech before he could steal it.
But the first few missions where you can actually take crew members were a lot better already. It still is just kinda get into optimum range and shoot, along with making the troops run out, do a special, and run back, but it was still fun. I'll see what else there is to come. I don't think I have seen any of those elusive Anti-AFWs around yet. Masami von Weizegger is one of the stupidest names I've heard in a while, and the translation is pretty funny at times. I didn't dare to put on the German TL the game has, tho. I'd probably die.
Oh. And my head automatically assigned the guy in the quad Sundowner's voice.

If we go by gameplay mechanics, 5th Gen ACs can't dent PA. He's be good as long as he doesn't use AA, and I don't think he can.

NEVER

EVER

youtube.com/watch?v=hKdcXqHZQxQ

There's a multiplayer video of that up now on their channel, they've been making some insane progress.

GODDAMN IT FROM, HIRE THESE GUYS

I'm sure that laser cannons and melee in 5th gen can definitely pierce PA. Even Black Glint still took damage when you attacked him with PA up, it just did significantly lower damage.

youtube.com/watch?v=mOjOflFZwZw

>AC DONUT STEEL instead of NEXT

aw

There's also the fact that there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of 5th Gen ACs. In ACV there were entire police /patrol forces formed of ACs, and in ACVD there are an almost unlimited supply of UNACs.

It would not surprise me if for every NEXT in FA there were 1000 5th gen ACs, of which at least 30-50 had the potential to become 'Dark Ravens'.

But what if you are forced to fight a NEXT made for aerial combat, like X-SOBRERO.

If you check out their blog, it looks like they stopped work/publishing, and the download links for the "trial" are gone.

yukirinue4.hatenablog.com/

Considering that 5th gen tech was able to rebuild (and even augment the missiles) on Motherwill, I have no doubt in my mind that they could track and shoot down something like
Sobrero.

NEXTS strength is in their one-on-one combat ability, but they break down far more easily when faced with multiple threats from multiple directions.

the original command & conquer was fucking hard
god hand took me 2 or 3 really good jabs at the game before i got real into it
resonance of fate gets a lot of shit for being super complicated but it's really not that bad. it's just completely unlike anything else that exists, so it takes some learning/mental perseverance to understand just what the fuck is going on. amazing game btw and JRPG of the generation, no one had played it cause it came out the same week as FFXIII.
the metal slug games always seem unfair at first. and i guess they kind of are, you just have to get over that unfairness. contra games on the other hand are ultra tough but "fairer" in my opinion
ikaruga is insanely tough if you are going for anything other than pure survival
and of course F-zero GX aka the best racing game of all time. relentless difficulty. unbelievable how sheild 100%'d that game, i couldn't come close.
maybe hogire. lancel's nice too.
your love for it makes me want to play it again.
it is a very comfy game, love those snow levels so much.
also, according to my Venezuelan friend, caracas is super accurate in-game, at least aesthetically.
nah
>making the troops run out, do a special, and run back
yes until they start losing 3/4 of their HP when you so much as glance over at them
how the hell are you supposed to keep them alive
i stopped playing there, i forget how many missions in it was. but let me know how you fare and i'll probably try again at some point.

>
>troops get deded super quick
I mean I guess they are fragile kinda. But since you can heal on the field it's not that bad. I think it's the tendency of enemy Mechs to shoot at them. Maybe I'm just not far in enough yet, but in the few missions I played (up to the harbor thing, like the third regular mission excluding prologue) I only lost one unit due to stupidity. Their skills are super good sometimes though, like putting Wire and Homing Shot on the quad and making sure you engage at long range.

Also
>GOD OR DEMON, WHAT AM I?
>IT'S TIME FOR ME TO CHOOSE MY PATH

>NEXTS strength is in their one-on-one combat ability, but they break down far more easily when faced with multiple threats from multiple directions.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. Rather it's just that since AC are such a pain in the ass, the only reliable way to deal with one is typically another AC, hence the common case of duels/1vXAC situations being so prevalent in these games, or building big fucking things like Massive MTs or Arms Forts. ACs have always been shown to be versatile and effective against much superior numbers and NEXTS aren't an exception to this.
You're right in that something like Sobrero would get BTFO, though.

I was actually working on something like that corporation sim, however it was a much more general military-industrial complex situation but it had inspiration from the retarded decisions of the AC4 companies and an eventual AC-like development, tankfags/muhwarrealismfags be damned. Takes me back, I might get back on that if I can contact my artist friend again.

Serious question; I'm sure you've run into the guy since he's always on around this time. Who the hell is this Japanese player that is always sitting and waiting in a online lobby for some fresh meat with his 1 billion missile attack?

Could it be a sort of copyright thing? Not sure how it works in Japan but they were straight up using an AALIYAH in one of the older videos with weapon models to boot. The sound effects also weren't also as bad as a work-in-progress Garry's Mod SWEP in the older videos.

Still looks amazing though.

Just checked again, the sound FX in that old AALIYAH video were ripped from FA so I wouldn't doubt it being a copyright issue or them simply just wanting to go do their own thing, but judging by it could just be the former.

bump

Quick question for you guys, what's the difference/changes between V and VD? Like how the differences between For Answer and 4 are night and day, I'd like to know the same about the 5th gen.

I found few solid answers on Google so I'd like to also get an analysis from you guys just so I don't miss anything important. I'm curious because I'm about to start playing V (it was cheap as hell) and although my copy of VD comes in later today, I'm just impatient like that to find out until then.