How does it feel to pay $25 for oil changes?

How does it feel to pay $25 for oil changes?

I cannot comprehend that feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3103851
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know. I change my own for free.

bruv you can barely buy decent oil and a filter for $25, the quik-lube places you drive by in your pigfat merc are filling your car with the cheapest oil of whatever grade they can buy by the barrel

Anyone who pays 25 is letting a monkey do it or using shit oil.

>drive a "Benz"
>time comes around to when I have to get routine inspection/maintenance or fix a random repair
>prepare weeks in advance mentally and financially
>save at least $1,500
>relieved if I can get out with only spending $500
>month later something else breaks

It's a disastrous cycle

I'm talking from the Mercedes owner perspective, retards. Non-Mercedes can use any shit oil. MB only uses Mobil1

I pay 2.5 bucks for hands and around 70 for oil and filter. Since my wife's brother works at Daimler I get parts from him for very cheap. When you add up that I live in eastern Europe where oil change is less than 3 bucks you can see that it is possible to own benz and not go bankrupt. It's even less expensive than low models from vag...

The 70 bucks for the oil and filter make up for the el cheapo gypsy labor. My shitbox oil and filter costs less than 20€.

i pay 20 and get mobil1 oil, and chill with the shop guys for a bit. also get free top offs on all fluids, and oil between changes.

>free
Do you own an oil well and refinery?

>$25 for oil changes

>tfw I dont know that feel when

Same I change my oil for free
Free oil free oil filter
I have never payed anything to change oil in my car and it has 48K miles on it and have had it since it was at 8 miles. It's only a year and a half old too.

>$25 5qt jug of Castrol Edge High Mileage 10w30
>$10 Wix XP filter
>$0 on labor
feels good doing it myself and getting the best synthetic oil and filter for around half of what most people pay for shit conventional oil and a fram filter at the dealer/jiffy lube/oil change monkey shops

>shitty conventional and Fran filter at the dealership.
Nigga you retarded

I worked at Honda for a bit, if your car takes 5w30 or 5w20 it gets conventional. 0w20 was a synthetic blend. Honda's OEM filters are made by FRAM.

bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3103851

Almost, Work in a fleet garage, oil if free. I just write a filter off as a consumable.

you are fucking retarded i work at honda now. its all synthetic blend you cuckold.
>the filters look the same like fram they must be made by fram
kys seriously.

I drive a 335i, pay about 40 for oil and about 12 for a filter. Mobil1 oil and k&n filter. Where are you guys getting fucked for oil at? Also just cause it's a merc doesn't mean you cant change it yourself you puss.

Different dealers must get different stuff then, because the shop forman told me those weights were conventional.

The box of filters says Allied Signal on it, who owns Fram.

from the gun? how long ago did you work there?
all the black bottles are synthetic blend which comes in the bulk gun i have never in my life seen honda conventional (maybe in the 70' 80's but not now. i have like 50 quarts of honda oil in my garage ranging from the black syn blend to the silver synthetic type. as well as oil filters. the A01 filters arent made by fram. the a02 resemble tough guard 7317 and 6607 filters (previous walmart tech here) but i dont think the a02 are made by fram anymore last i heard they were honeywell. but that was a awhile back. i own a honda and make sure it gets synthetic blend or higher i have never put conventional oil in any of my cars.

forgot pic related. what i put in my civic

It was just a month ago. We didn't use any bottles at all, only from the gun. 5w30 was from a 55 gallon drum in the back of the shop since barely anything uses it. Ayy, I used to be a walmart tech too.

Allied signal owns Honeywell, who owns Fram.

ahh see thats what i thought. so fram does make them.
at my dealer we have the guns hanging from the ceiling which dispense 0w20 and 5w20 if an older honda that came in that required 5w30 we got the black bottles from parts department. sounds like your set up was easier. lmao ayyy my walmart exp got me into honda lmao

Synthetic oil is usually on sale at Cancuk tire for about 20 bucks a jug. I buy a few, i got one full siting on my shelf and one about half a liter.

Filter is about 10-20 bucks depending on which of my cars i'm changing.

So about 40 bucks if i chose the most expensive and get FORMULA 1 synthetic.

What is 40 syrups in Freedoms? About 35? Yea more than 25 but i have the peace of mind knowing no DARK PEOPLE touched my car and i put a new washer on each time and i didn't over torque anything and i didn't put PISS in my engine. So that's a price i'm willing to pay.

doing my own oil change on my benz at the moment

>$30 for copper washers and sump plugs
>$150 for mobil 1
>$15 for filter
>$15 for filter tool
>still have to spend $200 on a torque wrench

probably still come out cheaper than the dealer and then I can keep doing my own changes.

Agreed. I do it myself whenever I have the car up for anything sometimes I even find excuses. Those other times when I bring it to a tire/lube shop and ask for an oil change they automatically try to put in their cheapest shit (probably because its what everyone normally wants). After giving them my info they are always saying shit like "All right, its gonna be $20/25/30." and at that point I have to ask them if they have mobile 1 or valvoline in 10w30 with a nicer filter and the price changes to $50-60. It does feel nice though buying oil and filters in bulk and getting $20-35 full synthetic and the best filter.

As someone not naturally good at mechanics, it's a pain in the ass.
Maybe next year will be the year I don't need to buy new tools to do service work on my car.

>he doesnt use royal purple

>or moebill won synthetic

>$150 for mobil 1

seems a bit expensive. how much litres do you have to pour in in that fucker?
my merc needs ~6 and i pay around 50€ for 5 litres of mobil 1.

>go to bennys
>mobil 1 5qt on sale for $20 so often it's basically the regular price
>filters on sale basically non stop too
>sale price cut in half for buying oil at same time
>full synthetic oil change for $25 including tax

I get all of my oil for free behind restaurants in their big metal oil boxes.

I paid 4 dollars for my last oil change

>$150 for mobil 1
>$15 for filter
>$15 for filter tool

Here in the USA, our wal-mart retail store sells 5 quart jugs of most major full synthetic oils for about $23 to $24. The filters are Fram and run from $5 for orange can to $10 for the ultra guard synthetic. But I just use the walmart automotive service center since they charge $49.97 for a full service oil/filter change using my choice of full synthetic oils from mobil1, pennzoil, castrol, or valvoline.

torque wrench for an oil change? are you fucking retarded?

>not torquing your screws to manufacturers specs

enjoy fucking your sump and your oil leaks faggot

Needs 9 quarts which is around 8.5L. Oil cost $150 AUD so about $130 USD which is considered a deal here for this oil. Usually it's $180 USD at auto stores.

Jelly of your cheap oil.

Is this baby's first oil change or something?

oh shit, is it time?

>$54 pennzoil 5W30 full synthetic
>$3 OE AcDelco filter
>$0 labor

It's a nice feel

i torque my drain plug to to spec. the hand tight bullshit is retarted

>Work in a fleet garage
So you spend time there. Doesn't sound free to me.