vimeo.com/113158655
youtube.com/watch?v=fZMPDCNyQxE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

3.8 litres

man I want a 2.0 liter v8

4.2L

>Why aren't low displacement v8s made?
emissions standards imposed by the government

are low displacement v8s really that much worse than higher displacement?
I want a light weight 2.0 high revving v8 like a japanese i4

I AM WITH YOU user.

If Lexus can make a 4.8 litre V10, I'm sure a V8 wouldn't be hard

wasn't the f40 a 2.8 v8

Ford Taurus jellybean SHO had a 3.0L Yamaha V8 mounted transverse driving the front wheels.

Eh, ~4.0L is actually pretty middle-of-the-road for 8cyl engines in passenger vehicles.

3.0 was a v6 i think it was a 3.4

>light weight 2.0
>V8

why not have a light weight 5.7l

>faggots

Ferrari dino 208 gt4

>2.0 v8.

pic related Drysdale V8 1000cc and sounds god tier
motorcycle.com/features/featuresdrysdale-v8-1000-a-closer-look-html.html

Theres also a PGM 2.0L V8, 334 hp

youtube.com/watch?v=a-DtdKJu5k4

>I want a light weight 2.0 high revving v8 like a japanese i4

Then just slap two bike engines together like the Arial Atom V8. Camparo T1 had a really low displacement high revving V8 but that had atrocious reliability issues that i don't know if the manufacturer ever addressed.

Maybe 2 and 3 liter V8s aren't produced much because their expensive to extract power out of whilst retaining reliability and most manufacturers would either use higher displacement V8s or low displacement turbo V6s.

Lots of old Ferrari had low-displacement V8 all the way through the '90s.

>tfw no twin-turbo 2.0 V8 Miata

Buick 215/Rover 3.5
Daimler 2.5
I think the Urraco was available as a 2.0 tax special.

>implying

I love it when cagers wonder why something doesn't exist, and then motorcyclists show up having done that 10 years ago.

>can an engine even go up to 10k rpm?

Also holy fucking jesus that PGM. Sounds like a god damned spaceship. That's the best sounding engine I've heard in my entire life.

you are a dumb nigger

b cause torque wins races

This. No replacement for displacement, pushrods pushgods.

>fake lap times
Glad to see you're still triggered, cuck.

>What is torque

no it doesn't

I dont understand why motorcyclists have to be so hostile for no reason and keep shoving themselves into the conversation

It's the same reason we never got 250cc i4 motorcycles from nippon. EPA wouldn't allow it. Now they aren't made anymore.

>yfw you'll never have 19,000 rpm inches from your dick
youtu.be/cwyksKx6txo

They also made a shitload of 400cc V4's that we never got because of the fucking government.

>I don't understand what I am talking about

ok

wahhh

Sorry if I'm coming off harsh. Honestly didn't mean it like that.

is probably correct.

Not really no. 5.0 +/- is average anything under 4.0 is uncommon.

Most all V8's are above 4.0

2.0 to 4.0 is typically V6/I6 territory.

lel

Literally cannot make this shit up

pushrods are literal dogshit

hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-1103-how-to-hot-rod-any-engine/

>Aardema has done SOHC conversions by building custom cam boxes that bolt to an existing overhead-valve motor's heads. On this LS motor, converting from OHV to SOHC configuration was worth 21 hp with an identical cam profile-and the engine happily revs to 7,000 rpm with no valve float.

>same heads
>same valve profile
>extra 21 HP

pushrods a shit

And how much weight, not to mention size do those OHC heads add?

considering it literally only adds one camshaft, probably about 20 lbs

which is nothing

~500cc/cyl is generally considered "medium sized" for passenger cars. Unless you live in the US during the '60s and '70s, displacement isn't really considered "big" until it''s reaches something well over 600cc/cyl.

>And how much weight, not to mention size do those OHC heads add?
Senpai, its ok to know jack shit about mechanic, but dont try to talk your shit info.

Sohc/Dohc might as well fucking add 2-4 kg to the engine, in exchange to better intake and exhaust flow, thus higher power, AND chance of much higher rev limit.

Seen the fucking european DOHC V8? They could get 100hp/l in N/A long before any US engine did.

600 cc/cyl still isnt that big. Y'all are just used to itty bitty passenger cars.

>English as second language
>knowing anything about fast cars
If I wanted advice on the Fiat Punto diesel I'd ask you right away, aside from that you are clueless

>>English as second language
lol k

>If I wanted advice on the Fiat Punto diesel I'd ask you right away, aside from that you are clueless
ok

funny because an american shitbox isn't any better, post pics of you v6 rustang, americuck

I'm not American

what

literally no other anglo country is known for "affordable fast cars"

Most of the europe that isn't cucked.

>Brits
>Irish

>not cucked

>affordable fast cars

literally keking

>trying to take less muslims compared to the rest
>slightly over half of them voted to exit the EU
>has some of the most aesthetically pleasing sports car maker
>cars are fucking cheap, even sport cars

>brexit
>related to cars

what

>cars are fucking cheap, even sport cars
literally on par with mainland europe

>>brexit
>>related to cars
>what
You implied brits were cucked.

>>cars are fucking cheap, even sport cars
literally on par with mainland europe

Exactly.

I don't know. A 1.6 liter 4 banger is common but a 3.2 liter v8 barely exists.

as on cars

a fucking base model v8 costs as much as a gt350 compared to america or canada

>Exactly.
what?? how exacly is saying "exactly" somewhat in favour of your argument, you imploed mainland yurop is cucked and the isles somehow aren't, yet the cost of cars in the second hand market is almost the fucking same as long as you don't count meme countries

Normies love torque.

So does 50% of the performance car markey that probably makes up 5% of the overall market.

So your left with 2.5% of the market (I'm making up numbers that are probably close to the truth here) that wants a fast, light, revvy car and who can afford it.

I'm in Zealand

what about big displacement i4?

BIG DISPLACEMENT TURBO I4
HELL YEAH

NZ is actually pretty expensive

ur memes are fucking stale dude

It's cheap as hell man and we have so much to pick from

5.7 isn't heavy for its size

exactly

>NZ
>expensive
lolwat

1.6 is common because they are weakass under powered motors shoved into Corollas and there competitors to squeeze out every mpg they can well still being able to move the car.

v8's aren't made for mpg's they are made for power so there is no reason to make small v8's.

seems like when turboing 2.0 is the sweet spot of having thick enough cylinder walls for good boost.

It's okay squid, we understand. It's just the way you are.

Unless you want a Aircraft engine. No point.

Also there's that italian 38. something liter. Inline 4.

A high displacement 4 cylinder can rev lower cos of size while still having power.

>1.6 is common because they are weakass under powered motors shoved into Corollas and there competitors to squeeze out every mpg they can well still being able to move the car.
That or turbocharged.

>v8's aren't made for mpg's they are made for power so there is no reason to make small v8's.
Pretty much this. I4s are pretty much the ideal engine configuration, at any point in the engine there is a power stroke, unlike any less pistons, and they're not wasting power by just turning like any more cylinders.

This is why a turbo I4 is perfectly acceptable for power.

Also 6 cylinders aren't too crazy either, a NA v6 isn't that much of a gas hog unless you live in Europe. And most modern V6s get at least 200hp, so they're also fine.

V8s are when you need TORKS and powers. When I4 is a joke, 5 is too Swedish and 6 isn't enough.The 8 comes out when you want a engine that makes lots of power and torque without needing a turbo.

This is why in 1969, the Lincoln continental was making 365 hp and 500lb ft torks with a >pushrod and two valve engine. It was such a unsophisticated engine, making large quantities of power.

3.9L

Post yfw you learned 250cc i4s are being made and sold currently

2.9L TT V8. Close enough.

Can't remember actually displacement, but this is a V8 they had at the BMW museum in Munich.

Sorry for shitty phone edit, was edited a while back and only version of the photo on my phone that would upload.

I had a 2.6l I4 turbo making ~450hp with a stock motor in an ae86

What would an engine that sized be used for? A furious lawn mower?
>62.7 cc per cylinder.

You get the lack of fuel efficiency with the added bonus of no power!!

2.2L Ford Flathead

I had a 2.6l I4 making a whopping 120HP..... In my Isuzu Trooper lel

They're not, the big four haven't made a 250cc i4 since the late 90's.

The last survivor of that era is the Honda CB400 Super Four, none of the other marques have a similar bike currently in production.

>inb4 muh new CBR250RR

It's a parallel twin, not an i4. It's pretty much a tarted up CBR250 with a different engine, rather than a proper sportbike like the old MC22 was.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycoming_O-360

Not inline 4 but hey man, 5.9 liter 4 cylinders, come on.

The Olds 455 W43 reached it far before europe did

The 308 was available as a 2.0 tax special as well.

Too many moving parts and therefore high production costs and compromised reliability in relation to the power output.

>More RPM
>It makes more power
Duh.

Now, for the price of a professional designing and building those 1-off conversion kits, you probably could've just put titanium pushrod, rockers and beehive valve springs in, resulting in an even higher redline. You'd even have money left for a bigger cam.

Also, I'm calling bullshit on the 'identical cam profile's because the stock LS ones tend to stop flowing (by cam design) at 6.5-ish. Also also, I don't think those conversion kits would clear the hood of a stock Corvette or Camaro. One of the biggest advantage of pushrod V engines is packaging, and clumsily designed conversion kits will usually make the engine a few inches wider on each side. In the actual automotive design world, this leads to bonnet clearance issues (which require adding a bigger bonnet and thus drag) and an intrusion into the suspension area, which may heavily compromise your layout and effectiveness.

Beast of turin, a 28 litre inline 4.
vimeo.com/113158655
whole video worth a watch, starts at 1:48 ish

Theres the toyota 2.0L V8.

Though in low displacement high cylinder count engines nothing beats 50's formula 1.

1.6 Litre V16 engines.

youtube.com/watch?v=fZMPDCNyQxE

That engine made 600bhp at 12,000RPM on 82psi of boost via a supercharger.

Another crazy engine from the 50's

NA engines could be 3 litres, that meant this monstrosity was created, a "true" H16. two flat eights stacked on top of each other.

>literally only adds one camshaft
Nope. Pushrods are usually used on V engines, where they can save you another camshaft compared to a SOHC head. However, in modern engines, you either use SOHC or pushrods, which means you'd be adding three cams.

Now, remember that it's not just the cam. It's the bearing surfaces, oiling passages, extra head width, and most importantly the ports. You're adding a lot of material - and in the worst place possible. Not only is it up high, it's also at the widest point of the V, which means you'll be adding a lot of width to the entire engine. This width and height causes packaging issues, and because the cams are up high,you'll end up with a much higher CoG.

>Better flow
In terms of raw cfm, you can't beat am aftermarket 2v pushrod head.
>Chance of a higher rev limit
First off, your bottom end has to be able to take this. Piston speed exceeds ~25m/s @ 7000RPM? Conrods stop connecting at high speed? Crank or pistons can't deal? Might as well use pushrods.
Second, you can still rev a pushrod top end. The trick is using a shorter stroke, which shortens you pushrods, this reducing inertia - because it's reciprocating mass, which is 'heavier' than rotating mass. Honda, for example, made a 4v pushrod engine that could easily rev to 9.5K.

Britain has pretty much the cheapest used cars in the world. You don't know what you're talking about.

Inline 4 is inherently imbalanced. Therefore, going over ~2.5L is pretty hard if you want to make significant RPM.

>5 is too Swedish
But much Audi!

>You get the lack of fuel efficiency with the added bonus of no power!!
What do you mean the P1 has no power?

You are aware that the British used car market is the cheapest in the world?

Haven't seen many diesels used in racing though

Why

Watch Le Mans

Why the fuck would you want a low displacement V8 you dumb kek? total waste of cylinders and effort to make it perform well

muh revs

Taxes on large engines are insane

>High revving V8 with low displacement

That's just a load of fucking effort to get right. Also a waste of fucking cylinder that delay you revving high without effort lol.

I think anything less than 6 liters is low displacement.

My 2.7 V6 seems small to me, you fucking burger.

>You will never again be able to own a sedan that's almost 8 yards long
>You will never have wings that are so big you're sure it'l fly
>You will never have a 7.5 liter V8 putting out 500 torks and 365 hp completely unstressed, with only 2 valves per cylinder and >pushrods
>You will never make Europoors cry
>You will never be handed a checklist at the dealership and check off what you wanted instead of this package bullshit.