PAINT

>best car color
>worst car color

I'll start

>light blue
>silver

How can anyone drive a silver car and not feel depressed when they look at it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Plasti-Dip-Rubber-Classic-Grabber/dp/B010UI8U08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would have still bought it if it was silver
Also, I kind of like the stripped and clear coated bare metal aesthetic.

Not many cars can pull off light blue.
Laguna Blue M3's make my cock solid though.

Fucking FUCK silver. Fuck that gay ass color. Found a cheap super clean W204 C350 BUT it was in silver. I thought what the fuck, it couldn't be that big of an issue. Holy fuck I can't get rid of that boring shit fast enough. Everytime I park and turned around I am overcame with regret about my dumbass decision. I go on MB forums and feel like shit looking at other people's clean as fuck graphite / white/ black cars. Finally sold it to a fucking dealer and bought a new black accord. I got jew like 3 grands reselling but I don't give a single fuck, I am so much happier knowing that piece of shit silver car is gone from my life forever. Seriously, FUCK silver cars and all the automakers that make that shit color and people that buy it (including my dumbass self).

For 3G you could have had it repainted lol

>really want a C5 Z06
>find a mint condition one at reasonable price near me
>but it's silver
>keep looking

If I was the CEO of a marque, I wouldn't even include silver as one of our options.

Different colors suit different cars.

My personal favorites are bright blues, metallic electric blue, grabber blue, etc, though obviously that won't work on just any car.

Least favorite would probably be pink, just because it's looked awful on nearly every car I've seen it on. I can't think of a color that'd look good on fewer cars.

I've got mixed feelings about silver. Modern automakers tend to use dull silver colors that are kinda boring. Circa 2000, Hyundai and Volkswagen both used really bright silvers that I really liked. Early Porsches also look sexy as fuck in silver.

Metallic Graphite/gunmetal is underrated as fuck, especially for understated cars.

I like silver. Cars are made of metal. They should look like metal.

Know who has bright colorful cars? Bitches in VW Beetles and Kia Souls.

Only pre 70s cars look good in silver, the best colour has always been grey, it hides imperfections but doesn't ruin lines, the worst is any shade of green that isnt almost black

I wouldn't mind seeing the DeLorean approach on more cars, but repairability is always an issue. Paint is a handy concealer along with being an aesthetic unto itself.

Just wait until people start stripping and polishing or anodizing the aluminum-bodied F-150s...

laguna seca is amazing, saw a laguna seca Z3M coupe today, the paint looked kinda odd in the sun, almost with a greenish tone.
light blue+yellow=green I guess

Silver looks good if youve only got silver on your car

pic is not of my car but i do have a light blue (aqua minerale) genesis coupe. i'm glad i got this color, stands out in the sea of silvers, white, and black cars

Silver wasn't always bad, but now it's so god damn common because it's cheap. Now most paint options on cars is silver, darker silver, tanish silver, or maybe greenish or bluish silver.
For reference my car is silver and if I could repaint it I would

Silver is truly the worst color for a car.

As for good colors, any others will do, but it will always depend on the car.

White is the best colour.

Miidnight purple a best

Both white and black are good, but combining both of them looks fantastic.

Apologize

white with "le meme blacked" accents looks like shit user, this is a fact

I'm with this user () on the blues, but my absolute least fucking favorite is that shit as beige color everything was painted in at the turn of the century. Complete and utter shit, I don't know how people ever found, or still find, it attractive. Literally every car and truck looks worse with it, and if you find one that looks decent, I'd guarantee it'd look 20x better with literally any other finish.

No. FUCK you m8

Yes pay more money to destroy the resale value. fuckin idiot.

Fuck your boring BRZ nigga

>Blaze Orange
>Dehydrated piss yellow on anything made after the early 80s

Gross. WRB>Hyperblue.

Hell, even the khaki frs looks better.

>le meme black on white
>I'm so edgy and original xD

My Corolla is a goofy ass blue with some scratches from previous owner. I want to repaint gunmetal blue or dark dark gray. In GTA 5 my shit was either blue, black, white, or gold, and im not a persian so gold is out.

Look at that shit silver yawn fest BRZ trying to over compensate with overdone black accents, tow hooks and yellow meme light. Nice try but still look like shit.

nice pasta

>tips fedora

I bet you will have a very tasteful car one day user. Until then, enjoy the bus.

>his rebuttal still doesn't deny his silver "sport" car is in fact shit looking
>resorting to bus rider name calling

It's OK buddy, keep telling yourself people admire your shit silver car on the road.

this

Silver isn't shit, you guys are only shitting on it because it's common as fuck nowadays.

Silver is common for utilitarian reasons, prove me wrong.
>protip: you can't

I fucking hate silver, I bought this shitbox thinking it would be an alright commuter but it's so much worse than I ever thought it could be, and the fact that it literally blends into the pavement is just an additional kick in the nuts. it doesn't even look any better when it's clean, just looks dull and shitty no matter what.

with that said, I love all kinds of metallic or pearl blues. Ford Sonic Blue, Subaru WRB, Honda Fiji and Dyno blue, Chevy Lemans Blue.

I like unpopular colors because it makes the car stand out more.

If I had to get a WRX, it'd be red, because blue is the default. If I had to get an Evo, it'd be blue, because red is the default. Shit like that.

There's a reason most soccer mom vans, cuck SUVs and rental cars are silver. They're easy to maintain at a cost of aesthetics, they're for people who don't care enough to turn around and look at their car after they parked. Frankly speaking I don't fucking trust or respect a man who shows up in a silver car because he is given the pass to spend $20k+ yet made the conscious decision to make a statement that says "I don't care enough about living and I can't be trusted with creative liberty". Justify all you want but the society is better off without tasteless niggers like you, you are the reason why we end up with Trump and Hilary. Because you don't fucking use your creativity or your enthusiasm. You don't fucking use your brain or your heart.

That color is awful. Impala SS should have only come in black.

how is that a shitbox?

Silver isn't bad though. It just needs to be done right

>There's a reason most soccer mom vans, cuck SUVs and rental cars are silver. They're easy to maintain
This is what I meant by . Scratches are harder to notice, paint is harder to burn, etc.

That's not silver

kinda gay desu

how is it not? bland design, chincy plastic interior, absolutely gutless 4-cylinder attached to an "AWD" system where the rear wheels do practically nothing. I hate everything about this piece of shit. at my altitude it gets the same fuel economy as my full-size truck because it has to sit at 5000rpm to accelerate at highway speeds. and with 3 or 4 people plus skis and gear it is incapable of going 75 in the mountains unless it's downhill. for a vehicle that's only 6 years old, that's pretty disgusting.

They aren't cheap enough to be shitboxes

"stainless steel" is not a color

it's the absence of a color.

It's literally "stainless".

but it is awesome. And I wish more cars did that. And no, silver painted cars dont count. I mean the actual stainless steel body. I dont think ive ever seen any other production car do that

That is bland as hell.

But i agree with you that Most metallic blues look Good.

That only makes it worse. At least with traditional shitboxes you can say "Eh, only cost 2k total, who gives a shit".

(Not that guy btw)

IDK, to me he's exaggerating, but that could be because I've only compared them to other vehicles available here in South America. It seemed silent and comfortable to me. It's basically an appliance, true, but we didn't have problems with it.

This. Glad its not just me.

>confirmed for never owning a gunmetal gray car and driving it in the rain

Silver can look good, it's just a real challenge

Gunmetal grey is not silver m8

Gunmetal is cool

>basically an appliance

To be honest I'm actually fairly sure that's the biggest reason of the post. If the cars boring and lifeless in every way, any issue that could *potentially* be overlooked (not that crawling uphill; no excuse for that) in a more energetic vehicle is compounded and scrutinized instead.

>tl;dr the car has no redeeming factors which amplifies the faults

That's "literally" "not" what "stainless" refers to in "stainless" "steel".

>b-b-but my shitbox is red! It's special!

Homie, no one fucking cares you read that much into what color someone's car is. It's pretty damn feminine.

Best: Purple or Green

Worst: High-lighter yellow or a colored chrome wrap.

Silver is really shit, but some cars pull it off.

>best color:Black
Even Henry Ford said that (yeah it was mostly because black paint dried fastest, but still)
>worst color:Yellow (with exception of Lamborghini)
Yellow is a warning sign.
Red is also on the top of the list, unless it's a supercar. Red cars are driven usually by women and I don't think I have to explain that.
>Pic related

Dark green, with gold for the bottom third.
There is NO paint scheme more '90s

I thought ford said that because the Model T only came in black?

good that you're out :)

r8 my blue br/o/s

muh blue bros

its silver

>bought a white car
>looks beautiful on the day you pick it up
>but then, within two weeks, all seasons, it looks dirty as fuck
Meanwhile my brother doesn't wash his silver car and it looks good for MONTHS, it seriously hides almost everything.
Even black cars, they show the salt during the winter, but that's kind of normal and expected.

Next car I'll consider blue and silver...

>How can anyone drive a silver car and not feel depressed when they look at it?

Sh-shut up.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember reading something along the lines of "You can have it in any color you like, as long as it's black" or something like that.

I say 7-8/10. Im a slut for blue but the glare and the angle are preventing a higher rating.

Crystal White, Arctic White or Ceramic metallic?

>tfw u like silver
>tfw u came here too talk about ur silver car

o....

it's brushed steel

no taking a mazda in their glorious red

I really like this color.

I really, really hate maroon, dark metallic green, and beige. Dullest colors ever.

This color I mean.

This one any better for glare?

>People complaining about Silver ITT

Are you guys serious? White is the worst color. Objectively. Every scratch, all the dirt shows up. I cringe when I see posters say "Look at my new car!" and it's white. You spent 30k on that and you didnt get blue? or red? or grey?

>Abarth Campovolo Grey
>BMW Laguna Seca Blue
>Porsche Mexico Blue
>Porsche Ultraviolet

You and me both buddy.
Although I'm thinking on painting it grabber blue in the near future or at least add some blue or black stripes.

I normally hate blue as a color, but... Mexico blue is my favorite color on rounded sports cars at the moment, or any hue of Mexico blue.

Worst color is yellow, except yellow integra type Rs.

So is silver confirmed for best Private Investigator car? A car that is neither noticeable or memorable?

>spending time and money on a paint job
>v6 mustang

Pretty much. Nobody's going to look twice at this shitbox, even if it's parked right across the street from their house.

>He doesn't love his car.
Im so sorry user.

>he loves a v6 mustang.

Do you know how much time it takes to do a proper color change? You would seriously consider pulling up the engine on that thing?

Just buy a grabber blue GT in a couple years when they are worthless

Its V6 mustang so just Plasidip it

amazon.com/Plasti-Dip-Rubber-Classic-Grabber/dp/B010UI8U08

Plus mix in some blue flake and use top coat.

that bmw litterally has the worst color ever, looks like a toycar color or gummybear

>not wanting your car to look like a giant toy
are you a woman or just boring for no reason?

I was actually thinking about doing just that, since i can just peel it off if i get tired of the color.

I know what you sre talking about, but a friend has a body shop and he already fully painted my f150 for 1k so i have no problem doing that to my mustang.

>Buy a GT when they are worthless.
In about 5 to 7 years im going to change this car for a 2016 gt.
Meanwhile, im enjoying the fuck out of this car.

it's for a good reason that color isnt populare around my place since no one wants to feel like a 14 year old douche each time they drive their car

>He doesn't want to feel young.

Man, what I wouldn't give to feel like a 14 year old douche

Not this guys but gg, 10/10

Do It, And if you get good you can make some money on the side with it.

That color is fantastic.