Alright Veeky Forums, im 18 all admit it...

Alright Veeky Forums, im 18 all admit it. Whats a fast car I can get under 10k that is still reliable enough to get me through college?

pic related maybe this?

Delete this before you embarrass yourself further

How fast? Mustang GTs can be had pretty cheap.

Ecoboost Mustang

> all admit it
> college

>college
>wants a fast car
>doesnt give a shit about driving
>doesnt give a shit about how it feels
>doesnt give a shit about getting better as a driver
>just wants a fast car
>maybe two years of experience at most if any

Probably either a mid 2000's mustang or a miata

Some of the Pontiac models might be a good choice, like the firebird. They seem to be in rougher shape most of the time though then the other two I said

01-04 Mustang can be had for around that price, and you should still have money left over for goodies.

Same story with a SRT-4 neon

>FWD
Oh.. I'm not too interested in that I want to go fast, sorry.

Get a Caliber SRT4 before a neon. Try to find one at a dealership and get a warranty.

I paid 10k for mine and talked them into a 3 year warranty for 1500, they covered the other 1000 it'd usually be for the warranty since it's a 3rd party. so basically I got the car for 9k cause when I sold it I got the pro-rated amount refunded.

But I bought mine from a honda dealership that had it on trade. 77k miles, 10k, super clean. Quick cars stock 280hp. $415 for an MS1k 91oct tune which just fixes all the shitty parts of the factory tune and actually makes use of the 91 it requires, and bumps boost up from ~9psi to 17psi. Easily a 40hp-60hp or so increase from just a pcm flash.

They have better transmissions than the neon. The motor is different but pretty similar in potential/durability.

Main thing is roomy, fairly comfortable, and drivetrain is solid. You only have to worry about everything else being a chrysler product.

I bought one because I wanted a fun practical DD that got 30mpg highway but I didn't want to pay 20k for a 10 year old WRX/STI or Evo with 100k on it.

I honestly think they're one of the best bang for the buck cars if you want a cheap, practical, quick, fun, and reliable daily.

Just get a Civic, Corolla, or some other sensible econobox. You're in college. You won't be swimming in cash.

>15598511
>Buy Srt 4 Neon
>Take it to custom shop and have it converted to RWD
>Still have some money left over
>Now you're just slightly less of a Faggot

>$9,900
>270rwhp stock
>looks awesome
>girls love it
>comfy interior
>easy to work on and reliable
>can get to 350rwhp for under $2,000

Just get a Mustang or a Cumarrow

If you don't care about driving why does it have to be fast?

>miata
>fast
#delusional

well I did write this post in 5 minutes while working on my econ essay. I go to Stanford M8

>Miata
what are you gay?

This drove a 2004 gt manual , was great besides the back end kicking out because not a full 50\50 diff

not op but civic si, corrolla s, or subaru impreza? chicago weather. need one for work and school

i guess they let poorfag retards in nowadays.

delet this

>girls love it
[citation needed]
>350 rwhp for under $2000
[citation needed]

Cams. longtubes, udp, cai and canned tune will give you 60-90rwhp

Sc's are a great choice. Cheap, quick, reliable. go for it. Will get you through college easy. only common problem is a leaky power steering pump around 150k miles, replace or fix it and your golden.

Get an integra or something at the bottom of the price range it will be much more fun.

maybe you need a bike if you want to go fast for cheap

Holy fuck you're retarded