/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Skipped leg day ("skipped." get it?):
>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon Range Calculator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lords of the fallen best game

Now I know why sillyman was a sorcerer: he was a real egghead.

155988436 #
>Should I just stop playing since my OP resins are over?
jesus christ get good you pleb

#
whats the lore like in kings field? how much came to dark souls? besides the obvious like seath and the moonlight sword

Dark Souls 1's world being supported by trees makes sense because it's a video game
Dark Souls 2's world being oddly connected in some parts makes sense because it's a video game
Dark Souls 3's world being a clump of climates makes sense because it's a video game

Can we accept this

Enjoy your clunky combat with 0 interesting additions

#th for 4k screenshots are pretty

First for cute screenshots

Wrong.
Internal consistency is important.
DS1 and 3 have it, 2 kind of does.
But DS1 is the best.

King's Field IIRC didnt rely too much on lore. That started with Dark Souls.

King's Field revolves, IIRC around dieties like Seath, and is usually about some king gone mad or whatnot. I honestly cant remember, but the Moonlight Sword was always the plot mcguffin

I do recall that everything being a dream, or something, and the god being represented by a tree, was a specific lore point, which made it very interesting that tree and dream symbolism was a big part of DaS2

Any "it's a videogame" excuse just detracts from the suspension of disbelief. It's a cop-out "just go with it" solution

Seath, archtrees, moonlight sword, darklurker, one of the kingdoms of DaS is an expy of a cleric kingdom, lots of DaS knights like Tsorig/Tarkus have designs lifted from there, and lots of enemies too
It's been a long time so ask someone more qualified like lucy

please I don't want to talk about this anymore let it die in the old thread

Who need butt buddy for dried finger run on PS4? Or who wanna become butt buddy (130SL NG+2 run)?

the top of the treehouse tower is a pretty wacky arena.

Which platform, and SotFS Y/N? I was trying to help out an user last night on PC but apparently he was softbanned. I'm down for the occasional co-op.

You just need to git gud, it's possible to beat everything in the game without relying on resins.

Is Avelyn any good in PvP this time around?

Tree and dream symbolism is awesome.

The one Tree shield in DS2 that mentioned a tree that became a shield to protect a boy in a dream was really cool.

So is all of the From Software Game (For there is only One From Software Game) series the dream of a Godhead?

>this is fine

Ar-best beats it. Offhand crossbows are generally a good choice.

It's great if you're a ganker.

>being supported by trees makes sense because it's a video game
>being a clump of climates makes sense because it's a video game
All of that makes sense because it's a fucking mystical and fantastical world.

DaS2 only makes sense because it's a videogame. See
>path from majula to forest of fallen giants or to heide's tower of flame
>elevator to iron keep

Much shorter path than it really is. It's fine really.

>It's a cop-out "just go with it" solution
Like "it's magic"
Or "it's the setting of the game"
Or "game was rushed"
What it boils down to is "it's a video game"

>Dark Souls 3's world being a clump of climates
But Irithyll is magic place.

They're just pretending to not understand that so they can defend DaS2 from autists complaining about iron keep elevator.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 sacrificed world cohesion to bring in more diverse environments and settings, and that's fine, as long as you see it for what it is.

Any amount of excuses, "The magical shifting of lands", etc, are made specifically to cover up the lack of world cohesion that comes from making interesting yet varied setting designs.

I want lore on why is face is like that.

>Like "it's magic"
not if the magic was explained and works within the rules of the game which doesn't really happen in ds3 but does happen in bb
>Or "it's the setting of the game"
same as above
>Or "game was rushed"
yes, this is also a cop-out. an even worse one even

Both sides are equally important for the world design.

Wearing the Crown of the Sunken King for a long time changes a man.

it's a tattoo

isn't it supposed to just be like the wax scholars from the archives? I think he's just wearing something over his face (or maybe had something merged into it).

Not necessarily.
I prefer a cohesive design with interlinked areas of the world, even if that means there's less variance in environment. That means of course less variance like "snow covered mountain" to "lava castle", there's a lot you can do with settings even if you have to stay in one kind of environment.
See: Dark Souls

But you're right. Some people would be willing to sacrifice cohesion for cool and different settings, and that's fine

Thick

i want that eyepiece for a helm

Good point user, I loved the diversity in 2 and 3, 2 was quite stupid sometime but I still enjoyed the game
But Dark Souls had diverse environement but kept a certain interconectivity, you still have medieval village, a god city, spooky tombs, lava underground, poisonous swamp and even a dream looking place such as ash lake, But still traveling between place felt way more coherent,

>tfw waiting for the DLC release

Something close to an explanation happens in DaS1. You hit Gwynevere and Anor Londo becomes dark, but only in Anor Londo. The moon is a full moon unlike the one in DaS3 though.

It's pretty simple, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to see what this means.

All in all it doesn't mean they got rid of world cohesion to have different themes. It depends on how it's executed, and excuses are only an issue when they trample over your belief without giving a good explanation. Which they do give in dark souls seeing as deities and souls are in some way related to the sun and such.

NEVER
EVER

i want to experience the glory of early ds2 lightning, even if offline. how can i reverse patches? or at least where can i find the earlier version?

whose ass is that though?

Well that's mostly because you anger Gwyndolin. And he's the god of the moon and illusions. And you removed the illusion of the goddess of the sun. So then night comes.

>Lost Izalith (WIP)
Haha, sick burn.

It's the vertical layout.
Logically, you know that a lava world and a normal village can't really be next to each other.
But put the lava world underground and it makes perfect sense.

>All in all it doesn't mean they got rid of world cohesion to have different themes.
Yes, it does. It doesn't matter if the explanation is canon-compliant, they only needed an explanation because they were sacrificing cohesion for design.

The same people writing the excuses are the ones writing the lore.

Dark Souls 2's world design is a disconnected mess on purpose because it's trying to simulate what it's like to be a hollow who continually forgets who or where they are.

i.e. you get on an elevator in Harvest Valley, then suddenly you're in Iron Keep and you forgot how you got there so it doesn't make sense

>put it on
>screen goes black

Making your own cohesion is not the same thing as sacrificing any sort of logic to the world. They aren't all excuses, it's a way of telling the story.

That's a really great way of making sense of the design but I HIGHLY doubt that's one of the reasons WHY they designed it like that.

See, you can't confuse "explanations made after the fact" with "design philosophy going in to the game"

No user. It's like that so you don't have to walk fucking ages between locations.

This is bullshit as far as DaSII goes, but would actually be a pretty neat idea if some effort went into exploring it.

Well the game lore for DS2 states it is "where the lands of the lords converge and fuse", and while by all means that could be a post-production excuse, it could just as well have been their purposed design choice in that particular case. Many countries from far away lands sewed together out of the influence of the crowns and the throne of want.

It's both desu

True enough. It could have been. But then the borders between areas could have been twisted and strange and merged, that would have cemented their point more.

Just force the player to teleport then instead of having stupid transitions. After Mytha you could have had something like an iron bull swallowing you and spitting you out at the Keep, or even fucking tiny smelter demons flying you up top or something not stupid

>put it on
>screen goes black
>allows you put firekeeper eyes in your covenant slot
>you can see very dimly, every source of light (candles, bonfire etc) doesn't actually produce light
>you can see red eyes blinking at you from the corners of the room or wherever normally is dark

>take a shower
>finish school work
>cook and eat lunch
>/dsg/ is still arguing about world design

Holy shit you fags, there is no lore reason for why DaS2 is fucked up. Development was screwed up and they had do bring in Tanimura for a last-minute do over. Not enough time to make new assets, so they had to use what was already made and put it together in a way that looked less terrible.

Areas overlap and don't line up correctly in DaS2 because the areas are bigger than the available space. It's a common trick to make the world seem larger while still using less resources.

This isn't complicated.

blame the lore fags behind the game

It could have, yes. I think they intended it to be that way however, but it became more of a hilarious mess due to splitting the actual kings into DLCs.
All things considered the progress to the shrines that get you to the crowns can be taken as fairly "progressive" and the actual areas hosting the kings represent good extremes once arriving.

But DS2 was, after all, their first development with PC on mind and it shows they weren't quite as prepared for it. (Though performance wise they did marvels, so I'll give them that.)

>school work

R8 my caster fashion.

>that one helmet in Morrowind

>tiny smelter demons flying you up top

Sewer area in settlement was supposed to connect to catacombs.

>they think the elevator goes to the top of the tower
>they think they fight mytha at the top of the tower
>they think the iron keep is in space

You're just not going deep enough into the lore, maan

>when your girlfriend wants to try new things in bed and you underestimated what it meant

kind-of-big hat logan/10
which one? nocturn's cowl or whatever it was called?

College is school, user.

>pontiff and lorian's boss fights have their swords as sources of lights

Imma cleave you/10.

>windmill is a bit lower than Mytha
>it's the top of the structure
>iron keep is literally above the peak in the game's geometry
>elevator only goes up and down from Mytha

>when your girlfriend wants to try new things in bed and you knew exactly what you were signing up for
hell yeah

>he fell for the college meme

ignore this, im retarded, thought you said oblivion for some reason

Shit or was it the boots? Something blinded you and gave you 200% speed boost

Boots of Blinding Speed

Honestly, it's more just something to do with my free time. I can't sleep and play games all day, you know.

>what was that thing called that blinds you and boosts your speed?
>boots of blinding speed

I love elder scrolls.

So I'm going to make a Yoshimitsu build using the Bloodlust katana.

Just wondering what sort of spells a Yoshi build would use. Poison mist seems obvious but what else?

I remember there used to be an inforgraphic about a Yoshi build for DaS1. Does anyone still have it by any chance?

You'd be surprised how well that works

>that hat

It's just awful.

Use Karla's or Big Hat and you're good to go m8.

>using bloodlust
>ever
user. It's got the range of a dagger. I hope you like katana running attacks because that's all you'll be doing.

I only use this one cause it hides the janky ass neck better.

not if you have that pesky little thing called "sense of responsibility"

Just attack when you're glued to the person.

Sacred Flame/Dark Hand, I remember from Soul Caliber that he had a grab attack that stole health from the enemy

If that self immolation spell had made it from 2 to 3 that'd be good

They need to increase these summon and invasion ranges. +/-10 is way too small, make it +/-15

>muh responsibility

Good goy! He fell for the meme. You must be pretty gullible. You'll make a good wageslave when you graduate.

So best tactic as Pyro vs WP running R1 shitter is 30% roll surge spam and sudden Black Flame+L2? Or there is another tricks?

Profaned Flame nigga

>muh upstanding human bean
Do you...drive?

It's not +/-10 though.

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon Range Calculator

kill yourself

>fire surge spammer calling anyone else a shitter

Of course not, then he couldn't afford college.

>sitting in your room and doing nothing but stimulating your pleasure centers constantly
what an autist

Nice comeback wagecuck.

Enjoy your life of servitude because of "responsibility" lol

i don't live in a complete shithole so education is free

>not doing what you want to do
>not living your life as you see fit
>going to college just because your family/society pressured you into doing so

What a cuck.

Weak willed slave mentality.

Enjoy the cuck lyfe bro.

That's pretty bad logic. Cause and effect. Or you have better ideas?