Battlerite General - /brg/

Early access is underway
13,160 current all time player peak
Buy the game -- store.steampowered.com/app/504370/
Stat tracker -- masterbattlerite.com/

Old thread - another one bites the dust edition

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Tpftb
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15D3i3pOge3VfbYN2DorIQXy0NQmtNIab0-61CX_ROJA/edit?usp=drive_web&usp=sheets_home&ths=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for MM is a broken pile of shit that is infinitely worse than BLCs solo queue.

please join discord to arrange nice games
discord.gg/Tpftb

theres no secret to winning, you just do it

lol...

You win if you cheat and make a pre-made.

You're just bad.

wow u sound entitled its just early access...theyll fix match making ranked they already said so on the steam page baka

i want into shifu
please spoonfeed me what battlerites to choose so at least i won't fuck up my team mate with wrong talents on top of bad plays

It is complete shit.

You get paired with people who shouldn't be the grade they are, constantly. Either that, or they're trying a new hero, in which case, the MM system should adjust to it.

taya needs more flexibility on X-strikes path and her battlerites are shit

stop being retarded

focus the healer

go back to league where you just have to grind true skill puts you forever where you need to be permanently instead of letting you move around

>i-i-it's in early access

this is the most elitist general on this board

>
Why doesn't the ghost wolf bounce here?

no I am

just mash

>match ends 3-2
>the support has 96 protection
>i had 86

fuck i hate trash who pick support and dont bother

people in this game are fucking retarded

Which characters get a shitload of disable every round? Getting 300 disable with Thunder Mama makes me rock hard and I want to play other classes that do it. How do Croak/Sirius/others compare?

>Which has literally nothing to do with it. BLCs solo queue kinda followed that idea, why giving you the opportunity to fucking pick based on your team mates choice. The current solo MM throws two random people with no synergy into a match and lets them play against Pearl Ashka setups etc. That has literally nothing to do with 'getting good' when the opposition has a ridiculous matchup advantage the second the game starts. They dont even need to be good, just exploit their composition an in most cased grade/skill advantage.
>I was at 5100 just 2 days ago and you simply can not solo queue at that level. All you get are fucking Healer + X stacks that are sitting on voice. Its inwinnable if you get a shitty setup (which you almost ALWAYS do).

The problem you're highlighting here is due to the fact that there aren't separate ratings for solo/2v2/3v3.

If you'll remember, in BLC you had to register your team before hand, and could have multiple teams on the same ladder, and you would have a different MMR for each team. You could have your tryhard super serious team, you could have your fuck around with your shitty friends team, and so on. This is one area where BR fails hard in comparison to BLC.

Again the underlying MMR system in BR works fine. The fact that they just have one blanket rating for all game modes is the real problem.

No, only Freya has absurd amounts next to Lucie.

Sirius gets a ton with his petrify and blind

>blind

with space, it blinds

Is there a wiki or site that lists all the bloodlines/battlerites/move properties/debuffs and so on yet?

He has a battlerite that makes his space blind.

no it doesn't

shouldn't take that battlerite desu

>want to practice Freya
>know I'll get shit on at g13 and probably lose the game for my teammate
>know I get frustrated when it happens on my team, though I don't say anything aloud
>continue playing the only champ I have proficiency with

If I was the only one that suffered from my desire to learn a new champ, I wouldn't mind, but knowing you lost the game for your partner is pretty shitty.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15D3i3pOge3VfbYN2DorIQXy0NQmtNIab0-61CX_ROJA/edit?usp=drive_web&usp=sheets_home&ths=true

It's the only reason I pick Poloma at this point.

>know I'll get shit on at g13 and probably lose the game for my teammate
fucking cucks, just do what you fucking want

The only other two in that tier are Dawn, which is probably the shittiest battlerite in the game, and Radiance, which gives 6 self healing on an ally heal, which isn't terrible, but isn't game changing like an aggressive blind is

Sirius is pretty frequently momentum based, there's nothing wrong with a talent that continues to push that momentum

>partner
So you play 2v2?

How is that any fun?

PEOPLE IN THIS GAME ARE SO FUCKING STUPID

DURRRRRRRR GET DIVED BY SHIFU EVERY FUCKING ROUDN

EVERY FUCKIGN ROUND

HURRRRRRRR ILL DIVE THEIR OTHER 2 AS ROOK

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

FUCKING RETARDED CUNTS PLAY THIS GAME FUCK

>which gives 6 self healing on an ally heal, which isn't terrible, but isn't game changing like an aggressive blind is
What?
It doesn't heal you normally. It's +6 healing on teammates and +18 healing on yourself. If you space into someone high mmr you're going to get punished hard as fuck because they wont hit your trance. Meanwhile you should be trying to use your trance aggressivly rather than defensive by healing a teammate. You m1 > q > m1 since it recharges your weapon.

>how is that any fun?

I don't know, man. It just is. You have more weight in the fight because there's less of you, comboing with someone else feels really good, and I just enjoy it more. Play what you want, I'll play what I want.

>he doesn't have empathy for his fellow shitter

c'mon now

>it doesn't heal you normally

user, are you thinking of his T3 battlerite, Illumination? Because that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about T2, which is the +6 self healing on his M2. I'm aware his trance doesn't heal him by default.

If it was between those two, I'd agree with you, but I think you're thinking of the wrong thing.

fuck 2v2

all coinflip if you get a shit team mate or a healer

This is really useful, why isn't this in the OP?

trueskill is actually designed to be more malleable with your rating than most other systems. the problem is you need to be consistently good to get moved into good grades, not just "carried for my first 10 wins"

I don't know who owns it or if it will be kept up to date

well i'm retarded
forgot what's on what tier
I've just been taking the +6 heal yourself when you heal a teammate since you get a lot of numerical value out of it with your limited charges.

How bad is Taya?
I have never seen her win a game
>mfw X-strike has 0.7 cast time

having a long cast time ability is a good thing because it gives you a good tool to bait trances or outs with
there's also several taya mains in the top 100 players so

>The problem you're highlighting here is due to the fact that there aren't separate ratings for solo/2v2/3v3.
Not necessarily. They can mix the queues for all I care, but simply give people time to adjust to stacks.

>This is one area where BR fails hard in comparison to BLC.
I agree. However the big problem right now is that people cant even tell what the fuck is going on. You are being thrown into a match with a random against a stack of the same grade. Their setup has synergy, youre most likely doesnt. If I am in a lobby and see that my team mates pick some DPS, I would pick around it by picking a healer or a more support heavy character. That simply isnt possible right now because the game just matches you either way. Then you end up with shit like Iva Ashka against Pearl Gunner, something you could have avoided had there been a picking process because you would have known that the other guy mains Pearl so going double range DPS being somewhat retarded. This is the biggest problem the game has right now: People who solo queue are being punished for doing so on a level that simply isnt fair, especially at the upper end of the spectrum.

Unless you play Croak, Poloma or maybe Shifu there is basically no way for you to consistently GAIN points at 5k+ MMR if you solo queue. Yesterday I played like 40 matches solo, had 67% win rate and still lost 150MMR almost all of which I lost to stacks.

>Again the underlying MMR system in BR works fine. The fact that they just have one blanket rating for all game modes is the real problem.
No it doesnt. If you play with someone who is below the oppositions grade, yet you and him are solo queuing on top of that, then a loss shouldnt give EITHER PLAYER -20 points. How is the g14 player supposed to carry a random g12 player against a g13 stack with actual synergy and communication? And why would the system think of it as justify to punish him with points loss that is as much as he'd gain for 3 consecutive wins?

I know two G13 Taya only players and one G14

I'm pretty sure she's fine, she just doesn't have the same automatic invulns on space that everyone else gets.

i haven't tested it, but my guess is wolf is designed to only bounce to enemies who don't have break-on-damage CC

>I was at 5100 just 2 days ago and you simply can not solo queue at that level
no shit sempai
queueing with a teammate raises your matchmaking rating to put you against higher teams, but if you're at 5.1k there isn't exactly a pool to choose from, it's just whichever 5k+ players are queueing right now. the game is not going to throw you against grade 11s to stomp just because you're solo queueing.

you're at the highest level of play, your only option is to perform at the highest level of play by playing with someone. you've met lots of people on your way up. add them to your friends list and play with them

>You are being thrown into a match with a random against a stack of the same grade. Their setup has synergy

And if there was a strict solo queue like in BLC, you'd never run into stacks, you'd be up against another team of randoms in the same boat as you.

3v3 >2v2

less rng

The real issue is that there's no real way to balance the MM for solo queue players

They can split the game out into a solo only queue, but they won't, because they're not going to do anything to split the player base further.

They can massively adjust for solo play (so two solo G14s play against G13s tops on average) but at some point that's just going to result in frequent stomps if you let the adjustment go too high, such as G14s against 11s and 12s.

They can make it so you lose significantly less points when going up against a duo, but then the game takes significantly longer to find the correct placement for you because your rating has only small fluctuations

I'm open to hearing solutions, because I have none. I bought a second account just to test duo v solo - I'm 4.6k on my duo account, and 4.1k on my solo, after an equal amount of games. I understand the immediate reaction is going to say I was carried, but for the sake of this argument you'll have to trust me when I say my duo and I are around the same level.

>your only option is to perform at the highest level of play by playing with someone
Which doesnt work either. If I queue with someone on my rating I gain 0 fucking points for winning against g13 stacks. Doesnt matter if I 3-0 them or not, you gain nothing. And if you get points you get like 2. So the only way to efficiently gain rating is by one of you running a low rated alt so you get shit tons of points for winning with a g7 player.

The reason why solo queue doesnt exist is because they dont want to split the queues. Its a shit system but necessary to assure fast MM so I understand why they did it. However, if they do this then they need to AT LEAST give the solo players the fucking chance to adjust to whats coming. The game CHOOSES the matchup for them, it chooses their composition and then, at the end of the day, punishes the solo player for not winning a match of impossible odds. Its utterly retarded.

>mfw G12 retard calls Varesh pure damage dealer.

>team mate starts raging in chat
>tell him to enjoy his lost points
>leave game

Rook is removed from the game
Who is now the worst bloodline?

Varesh in 3v3, Sirius in general.

It's either Oldur, Sirius, or Iva

if you're at 5.1k then G13s are well below you in skill, so you shouldn't really be able to farm to them to #1 on leaderboards instead of fighting equal skill opponents. this is a problem at high skill levels in all games, and they all handle it differently. the main alternative is to make you sit in queue for 40+ minutes until you get an appropriate match. devs probably aren't doing that yet because they don't want the game to feel "dead" to anyone in the first week, even though it's actually doing well so far.

and yes smurfs are an issue, but how do you solve that? honest question. the majority of players will want to play with their friends who suck at video games. a legit G13 and a legit terrible G1 do deserve to get teams of equally bad quality. but that makes smurfs destroy. all you can do is completely neuter point gain for the higher ranked player, which is anti-fun for the guys who aren't smurfing

>Iva
>Ranged
I swear to god every time I see that char I ask myself how that is ranged. I outrange her as Baako, Freya, Croak and literally every single ranged or support character. The time she needs to channel her rocket is so long that she can never trade ranged attacks with you. She has no sustain, her flamethrower, which is arguably the only one of her skills that deals damage, is interrupted by knockbacks and virtually any other soft CC in the game and as soon as that happened loses her 50% energy.

I still think its hilarious that people call Flamethrower overpowered when the ability is piss easy to stop, especially since its channeled over 2.7 seconds. That is so much worse than applying half the damage instantly. Tazer jump is also completely overhyped and only really good at complete shitter level. Concussion Shot is worse than Tendum Swing and Croaks EX Q, while also using the CD of the characters other CC. So you trade a POTENTIAL stun for an incap that can be broken by accident or, worst of all, by the splash damage of her own rocket so incapping in close cornered positions doesnt even give her shit because you can never target switch with a rocket since its going to break the incap if the other target stands close.

The character cant even jump in because her space is so ridiculously telegraphed. As a Lucie I just wait for her to jump to throw fear, its a guaranteed hit. If she doesnt jump, shes get outranged by my DPS. If she tries to walk towards us using Zap, he just DPS for a second and her movement speed is gone. There are some situations in which the character is strong but holy shit do those not even remotely outweigh the situations shes completely fucking horrible in.

>it's a bakko episode
just

G11 shitter here
How do i elephantnigger?

>queue 3v3 as sirius
>instant
>try as freya
>2m+

>if you're at 5.1k
I was 2 days ago. Now I am 4900 because I exclusively solo queue and lose like 20 points a match because I dont play a character who is meant to do that. There is only a handful of really viable solo chars and the one I play isnt one of them.

>how do you solve that?
I didnt say that it needs to be solved. I simply said that its the ONLY WAY to efficiently gain points at a high rating. The problem right now isnt even the rating algorithm which, quite frankly, is completely atrocious. Its the fact that the team composition of the solo queuing people is left to chance, yet they are being punished for losing a match against an organized stack by losing more points than they'd gain by winning 3 games in a row.

The game should EITHER heavily reduce the amount of points the solo player loses and increase the amount of points he gains, or introduce a proper drafting process where I can see the fucking map and what my partner is choosing. Because at the end of the day the skill difference between someone at 5100 and someone at 4500 isnt even big. It completely depends on what the people were doing. The 4500 player might play a shit solo char while the 5100 guy does nothing but stack, playing an FOTM setup and that simply is wrong. Sure, you cant take FOTM setups into consideration, but you sure as hell can tell the rating algorithm to not gut the living hell out of solo players for losing matches they couldnt possible have won.

Because being BETTER doenst mean that you win. Like I said before: If you play a setup that is being matched against a setup that counters you then you can not win even if youre the better player. This could only be avoided if there was a drafting process but there isnt. Right now the game rolls the dice and then says "youre supposed to win this man" even though your setup lacking an efficient way to even approach the opposition. Grade13 players arent retarded, they know how to play the game and exploit matchups.

Just try to remember all of his forced synergies.

>get stomped round 1
>part disconnects immediately
>-9

off to a good start

>peak 13k
>dropping 1k players online every day
That user who said it will be dead by the end of next month was right as fuck.

good
games with garbage match making deserve death

>more people playing on a weekend than on a wagecuck day

Sent from my cubicle

>PEOPLE THAT PICK SUPPORT AND DONT PLAY THEM PROPERLY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We have been around 12-13K every day and more on weekends
What the hell are you talking about?

Obviously early access game with hardly any content don't live too long.
Doesn't help that hero designs aren't that interesting either.
New champs fucking when. Or who am I kidding, they will have an on-hit-counter skills, and lots of useless forced synergy.

Not that kind of game. Go back to League.

>tfw g14 slowly grinding from g11 main account
Stomping newplayers with jade is the only fun I have left after they killed my smurf

>forced synergy
like what? i don't see any "forced synergy" in comps. the closest thing to this buzzword is pairing a character with no instant outs (rook) with someone who can share their out with them (poloma). and that's not forced, that's just understanding your weaknesses

>not that kind of game
>people dont use their heals on you
>they run around trying to right click down the dpsers even though youre getting fucked and trying to peal

moron

The game literally threw me into a match with a g10 player against two g13 players and I lose 19 points for that because I am g14. So for some reason I am expected to just 1v2 people who are lower rating. Hilarious.

Why do I want to lick Freya's tummy so badly?

>tfw down 100 mmr today but still 55% winrate

Holy shit I know that feel so much user. That's why I go 3v3 now.
At least I can somehow 3v1 when other shitters are meatballs

waow it's almost as if healers are in high demand and required for every match! this has never happened before in a video game!

"forced synergy" means that a skill has synergy with a spell only because the spell says so. Like "when you hit with this ability-X it reduces the cooldown of ability-Y" or "when you cast this ability B right after you have activated this ability C it deals extra damage". It is really cheap way to make skills work together, which is what makes it feel forced. Varesh is the epitome of forced synergy.

"Synergy" is when two skills work together just fine. There are actually synergistic things in battlerite too, like Taya's vaccuum thing and X-strike have great synergy. I might sound like a huge faggot, but I genuinely think characters are more fun when you can combo abilities without skill interactions being locked with forced synergy.

you do sound a huge fucking faggot

I wish they made bakko's E into Q smoother. The animations of E after it's done just takes too long.

Post em

no

How do you have 400 BLC victories when it takes 2 hours to find a match?

Not when it was in beta

>matched with shifu g9
>against two g13

Except not
>Peak 13.2K
>Delince
>day 1: 12.6K
>day 2: 12.2K
>day 3: 11.9K
So ~400 loss a day.

>New champs fucking when.
it has only been 8 days... and t hey got like 12 more heroes to add? Over up to half a year.

> Im rank 9 in 200 games
Do im worthy to live on this planet ?

who cares about some meaningless number, just have fun

i think taya's forced synergy is worse as one of her useless battlerites is that using wind bomb reduces the cooldown of Xstrike and is completely useless in most cases

the way varesh's moves synergyze is pretty straight forward unless youre retarded

>Want to play BattleRite
>No money

>wanting to play a game that gets boring after a few hours

wew

explain how it's useless

and it's wagecuck time for a few days more so

>Wanting to live your life for more than a few hours when you're you

>000001
not even close

I've played 60 since EA and it's still fun.

you're one of the 'i saw all the content in this game so i dont have anything to do here anymore XD", arent you?

this game is for competetive people

At least it's better than

your Xstrike is up
you throw windbomb
?????????