Resident Evil General - /reg/

since, technically, RE threads occur to often on /v/ to be /v/ material, I suppose it should be a general now

Might as well let it die on Veeky Forums than have the threads deleted on /v/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j1-zO0UX604
youtu.be/g5lkah6o6I0
youtu.be/B_pi376qR4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

too often to be on /v/, too dead to be on Veeky Forums

what a life

>tfw the longest living RE thread I've seen was on /k/

Should have started a thread on /v/, posted a link to this one so that everyone migrates here when it gets deleted.

I did...

as it turns out, there are enough people that like RE on multiple boards to keep a thread going for a while, but not enough to keep a thread alive or away from deletion

>tfw the longest living RE thread I've seen was on /k/

What was that thread about? People modifying their guns to match ones seen in the games (e.g. turning a Beretta 92 into a Samurai Edge)?

it was more of a thread about what to do if they were in a situation like raccoon city

and the one guy that always posts his samurai edge in beretta threads showed up, too

it was good times, but the thread just kinda faded away after a hundred or two posts

We should make a gdoc with PSNs and other IDs for different Resi games for the sake of broing up as a starter.

It should help us survive even if just a bit longer.

that's if the general survives past this thread

why did Jill even stay in the city? everyone that took part in the mansion incident except brad bailed out, but Jill stayed like a dummy

She wanted to say "told you so, bitches!" to the Raccoonians.

Honestly she probably thought she had more time to leave the city; getting a new place isn't easy.

Plus even then, I doubt she imagined the city was going to get overrun like that.

S-so! They dont want us on /v/ anymore huh? Running us outta town?

it was only like 3 threads boys, no one will find us here ;_;

Revelations 2 was weird

yeah, rip

I felt sorry for Natalia

I wonder what's gonna happen with her, or are they just gonna drop her in the forgotten characters pile

So, can we post here as much as we like?

can we possibly post enough to fight the tide??

sure, but I doubt it'll help all too much

also rebecca best girl

UHOH. You activated it!
She was nearly best user, but then suddenly!

When creating The rebecca cowgirl costume, Capcom oddly reused assetts from Jills lower half without shrinking them down to normal size.

You can see this for yourself clearly if you have Resident evil 0HD. Scroll through all if her alt costumes and you will see that Only with the cowgirl costume, Rebecca is carrying way more ass, wider hips and her lower half is thicker in general, oweing to the cut and pasting from Jill, a bigger, thicker older woman.

Sorry about that guise, for your comparison see:

shit why am i bothering everyone knows this now ;_;

rebecca is best girl no matter whose ass she has

besides her basketball outfit is the best, anyway

I'm surprised, really. You'd think a series as big as RE would be popular enough to have its own general already.

And REmake is coming to PS+ next week, too.

Have a stupid post-it doodle. Slow day at work.

If cranking out OC is gonna be what it takes for us to survive, I'll do my part.

It was, but damn it was good.

>The mini-mansion research facility at the end of Barry's last episode.

Holy fuck nothing happened there but the tension was so damn thick. Most atmospheric place since the REmake, and makes me think of Rev 2 as the best RE game since 4.

when you first entered the dumb underground mansion I was super hyped for CAPCOM MANSION

then it just turned into the boring lab aesthetic that made up a good half the game feat. screeching uroboros monsters. but man did I love REv2

the revelations games were the first RE games for me that really got me interested in their stories

ADA WAIT!
CLAIRE? HOLD ON, WAIT WAIT!
Why doesnt anybody listen to me?

More fun stuff: Ada and claire both elongate the beggining if Leons name:
"LLLLLLEON!"

Where as Leon always elongates the end of theirs:

"ADAAAH"
"CLAIREEE"

user, this is bretty good.

Can you make more Resi 2 stuff?

and uh... m-maybe sum heather stuff

God... 10 offers on Amazon... Starting at £190....

Guys. Guys. Heatherposter just gave me an idea.

If /reg/ cannot survive...

/shg/ - Survival Horror General

perhaps

a survival horror general is in order?

I doubt there's enough people who enjoy single survivan horror series to fill up a general, but what if...

we combined them?

Thak goodness someone managed to get a general going. Thank you. Now then, back to business, gents.

Who do you want to see debut or return in a Mercs sequel?

I want to see Ark

maybe Fong Ling

Bruce can come too

Guise you know why i think people love resi as a sieries so much? (Lots of reasons obv, and people argue all day abour which gameplay BUT) i think its because people love these characters.

Yes we may say they are all overised but, what game can consistently change its themes and gameplay method but still have us talking about the games from 20 years ago, on par with the ones today?

I think its the characters guise.

We are going to have to collect more visual content if we mean to keep these threads fresh guys. A lot more

I got some content for ya

whose signature is that?

guess who

oh wow neat

did you buy it signed or get it signed yourself?

Sorry bro was just a net pic ;_;

rip

I started Mercs 3D a few days ago and honestly I feel like Mercs is not enough to be a game in on itself.

Maybe something like a small side-story of one of the incidents we've already experienced, from the perspective of a literally who - it'd actually be pretty baller to play Outbreak scenarios from a "canon" perspective, from example. Then reuse those environments for Mercs or Raid Mode or whatever.

That, or stages based on the tank control games. Why there isn't a Spencer Mansion Mercs stage yet is a mystery.

Also, zombies. They're still my favorite enemy type.

mercs 3d is more of a "well we have a bunch of assets and people enjoyed the game mode so let's put it on a console RE fans probably don't have" kinda deal

just like umbrella corps is a "well let's just let these guys make a game I guess I dunno" kinda deal

also ain't the outbreak games canon?

Is there truly a point to this general?
What needs to be discussed?

I believe the Outbreak games indeed are, but the way the scenarios played out is a little finicky.

Like these specific characters were supposed to participate in these events, and so on (but everyone just picked whatever character they wanted).

Fun.

Tbh I really think we should start compiling resources and names for survival-horror bro-up, so even if it dies we can build a Survival Horror general from its ashes.

What the fuck have the cripple fuckers been discussing all these years? Who cares. Talk about Resident Evil.

Outbreak is more or less standalone canon. Not referenced anywhere else, but also not contradicted.

About the only thing NOT canon is Gaiden, and that's due to the twist ending of Leon being the shapeshifting BOW.

Even ORC went through a lot of trouble to get the timeline right. Say what you will about the game itself, but the guys writing scenarios knew their shit, even if they had to stretch some things to make their story work.

The weirdest bit of canon is how Sheena Island gets a mention in RE0. Otherwise, the events of that Survivor would be irrelevant as Dead Aim.

I've had this autistic idea for a while for a Resident Evil fangame.

t-Virus Outbreak, but localized in a single skyscraper, a "vertical plaza" if you will, with its own shopping plaza, offices, hotel rooms...main elevators have been sabotaged, so you're going to have to leg it. Only way is up. Also, duento the nature of the place, you could only find ammo in logical places, like on security guards or in security stations...

Basically, Die Hard on a Resi.

Dont you like resident evil user?

I've had an idea that essentially boils down to x-com/evil genius: resident evil edition

you play as umbrella and make sick BOWs and send UBCS/USS dudes out to fuck up accidental BOW outbreaks and BSAA-types

it'd be gr8

Yeah I do.
A lot.
And because of that it'd be a shame if this thread was just a place of meaningless talk and waifu posting.
>but other generals are way worse
Yeah they are, no need to use them as an example though.

If we're going to have a general, it should have some RE related stuff going on.
I want to see some A/S rank runs, knife runs and some RE3 mercenaries webms from people here.

Okay user, how about this. Any one else 100% any of their resi's yet?

September 28th. Daylight.

The waifuposters have taken over Veeky Forums.

Somehow...

I'm still alive...

Splattin'Em is babby tier.
The platinum for 0 is way harder.

>Kill all enemies in leach hunter
Fuck that.

Agreed, im not sure im up to the 0 one...

I dunno about that but I've beaten ORC and that's honestly an achievement in itself

did you know that, near the end of the vanilla game, the game is 100% unplayable in co-op?

first it starts with the elevator down. if your bud doesn't drop through the elevator and get stuck, then you've got a ladder that puts someone in a permanent loading screen that's impossible to get out of until you reach the next cutscene. then the cutscene ends and someone who wasn't stuck loading is now stuck loading. then you get on another elevator and fight a Mr X without its limiter and the only way to win is to knock it off the elevator.

BUT

9 times out of 9, one person will fall through the elevator along with the tyrant, then the game spawns 2-3 more tyrants and any of them spawned on the elevator are spawned just off the elevator, making it impossible to knock them off.

moral of the story is, ORC is dogshit.

I mean, isn't waifus like, half the appeal of RE? half the appeal to RE is the fun characters

Yeah user, let em waifu a bit

fuckin' leech hunter. I had almost enough leeches and I decided to see what the main door does and see if there were any leeches outside

>there wasn't

that one hunter in the underground area that jumps from the corner spooked the shit out of me, wasn't expecting that one at all

here's some ashley pantsu

I fuckin knew i was right about the lacey part at the top of her panties. Good shit.

How's the PS4 version of RE4? I suppose it has the same content as the Wii version, does it?

RE7, REmake 2 and the fact that we'll never see any of the RE girls ever again since RE7 is going full Amnesia

Yes but some of the textures have been HD'd and it looks mostly nice in 60fps apart from some 30fps animations such as water, exploding parasite heads and oddly, both of the rifle reload animations are locked at 30fps for some reason. 1080 as well looks good.

What's your best Mercenaries mode moment, /reg/?

Now that I think about it, I wonder if RE7 is going to have a Mercenaries-like mode.

Hard to say. It's looking to be such a huge departure from anything they've done before.

I'm just hoping we get zombies, and that the Bakers are like Mr. X-types.

Only unkillable enemies would be a bore.

New Outbreak when?

What is it about the new style Resident evils and sitting on chairs??? What is the secret?

>the way the scenarios played out is a little finicky.

The way I imagine it goes is that Kevin, Mark, Cindy, and David take part in Outbreak, Wild Things, The Hive, Desparate Times, and End of the Road. Alyssa, George, Jim, and Yoko go through Hellfire, Underbelly, Below Freezing, Flashback, and Decisions, Decisions.

certain scenarios definitely have certain characters

I think mark is supposed to play outbreak because of bob, yoko's is below freezing point, cindy's is wild things, kevin's is desperate times, george's is decisions decisions, alyssa's is probably flashback, david's is the end of the road, and jim's is most likely underbelly

dunno 'bout the hive and hellfire

/shg/ would be terrible because half of it would be waifu/Connely posting while the other half would be arguing about what's the best survival horror game of all time.

The answer is Siren

Did someone say...

why do we post these by the way?

maybe for the silent hill side of the general but I dunno, every resident evil thread I've seen except the second general in the beginning of Veeky Forums has been a pretty friendly, relaxed place

RE = Capcom
Capcom = Haunting Ground
Haunting Ground = Clock Tower
Clock Tower = Protagonist looks like Jennifer Connely

Jennifer IS Jennifer Connelly.
Bet you fags haven't even seen a Dario Argento movie.

I uh... Think that might have been a happy accident user, but at least it legits it right?!

Fat cocks?

Non.

so who are the cool dudes that take both the chainsaw ganado and el gigante route after the cabin defence in RE4?

Jews

where can I get 2 and 3? I tried torrents for pc version but no luck

>welcome to the salty spitoon, how tough are ya?

Fuck that user, i just go el gigante every time.

who are the slick dudes here that snipe ol'goat head red dress los illuminado before he can get into the gatteling gun chair?

You get good moolah for doing so

I can handle fighting el gigantes and the chainsaw sisters but that's just difficult

>could've just used a mouse and eased the suffering

I cant, Not on PSquadripple

Go back to whiney hut Jr's, real niggas do no merchant runs

What is he anons? And why is he British?

Late night/ early morning reminder every thread all thread

you could use the save theme as bacround noise to help you sleep, i do!

Try Resident Evil: Dead aim, it gets a bad rap but is short, ambient and can really be spooky as fuck on a dark ship out at sea with nothing but the night wind, groaning boat steel and top-tier zombie moans in the distant.

It also has some of the very best unusual, ambient music, best save theme and possibly one of the best intros ever made. Please take a look and listen:

youtu.be/j1-zO0UX604 [Open]

youtu.be/g5lkah6o6I0 [Open]

youtu.be/B_pi376qR4I [Open]

You wont be disappoint

A British tourist who got lost while backpacking his way through rural Spain, got forcibly inducted into Los Illuminados, and is stuck fundraising for the cult by selling weapons.

Ever the opurtunist, sells right to the target, therfore ensuring his "brothers" demand more of his supply.

"Noice." Margins come first, enlightenment a close second.

>Merchant is an anomaly that keeps part of his personality after infection and selling you guns is part of his revenge scheme.

Noice