/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1 (Kernel, no IOSU)
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Multiplayer has been disabled from Friend List if your firmware is below 11.1. Updating is safe for everyone already running CFW. If you aren't, use ctr-httpwn to access online services.
-Nintendo released 11.1, patching Browserhax and Menuhax. Most entrypoints have been updated to work. BootNTR update available.
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 or 11.1 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/
-a9lh without downgrading and OTP installation on the New 3DS (up to 9.2) is now possibe, currently being tested. gbatemp.net/threads/443187/

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-A new version of Maidump has been released, providing DLC support and better compatibility than older software.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11321945/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki)
1emulation.com/forums/topic/17613-visualboy-advance-save-problems/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is our gen now

This is true.

Normie dudebro with a gf here,my last Fifa was FIFA 15 (Both in PS4 and Vita).

There's no reason to update every year,even the Iphone has more new features each year compared to FIFA.

First for River City Ransom cia.

I dont want my 3ds anymore

what the fuck is this image?

>Normie dudebro with a gf
OUT

Where do screenshots get saved on the 3ds sd card? Not the screenshots from Hans, but screenshots from normal gameplay that the game lets you take. Like the Senran Kagura screenshots you can take or the Pokemon screenshots you can take when you're near a camera spot

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

VOTE
strawpoll.me/11321945/

>Normie
kys

Taiko DLC posted last thread works, thanks senpai.

holy fuck there's a lot.

QCMA guide for the disabled

Too fast, make a slower one so I can follow along.
Thanks

How are you going to enforce that "no normies" rule nerds?

Also.

>People forgets that aside from being a console for virgin weebs the vita is an indie machine in the west.

You are welcome

Thats right.

you know you can pause it, right?

it's a webm
just pause it

Just to be absolutely sure, as long as a VITA is below 3.61, I can update manually to 3.60 and do the exploit, correct?
I know I can buy an old VITA for cheap.

kys

not that awesome, cant even run a 3DS off wall power

They're saved like a photo in the directory photos taken by the 3DS use.

so is there any game that still has problems? taiko and god eater works.

a kys for you too.

I installed a Homebrew Launcher on my 3DS in March so I could play FE:Fates with HANS but I can't go online/into the Eshop with that so I decided to get a cfw now.
I also have your guide open (github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki) but I don't know where to start. Should I delete the previous files from my SD card? I'm not sure if the Homebrew Launcher messes with what the guide tells me to do.

Thank you
Now I can rest in peace

Do you have other uses for your 3ds battery? You shouldn't be taking it out, ya know

I'm looking at my sd card content from FBI and I don't have a folder called "photos" in the root of my SD. But I know I have the images on my SD card because I went to upload an image from the 3ds browser and I saw those screenshots I took.

I'd just like to play it for longer peroids without using the battery. and why shouldnt I take out the battery?

That new Taiko DLC pack is just giving a black screen on Taiko now when launching on mode 5, the previous pack didnt

Remember to report and hide.

>Gateway's leader
We're talking about the girl in the videos, right?

im downloading the remaining taiko dlc, we'll get everything in an hour :)

Okay, so from last thread.

For whatever reason, retroarch won't see files transferred through QCMA. FTP works fine, for the most part. Now, has anyone else had consistent crashes in PCSX due to the use of the bios? I can't even get to the main menu in games without it crashing. i'm pretty sure I'm using the right bios.

but ted what about the god eater 2 undub?

Tfw got everything I already want and now the hype is over.

>I don't have a folder called "photos" in the root of my SD
Because that's not what it's called. Have you never used your SD card before?

Nevermind I found it, it's in the folder called DCIM.

1. Can we log into PSN account without updating vita?
2. Can you ps4 remote play somehow without adding a PSN account?
3. Has anyone been banned for adding a PSN account so far?

ok so ive been trying to figure out how to get a rom that has a working saves AND quicksaves.

1emulation.com/forums/topic/17613-visualboy-advance-save-problems/

This seems to fix it, the only issue is im actually to autistic to figure out how to fucking fix it. Why couldnt they just post a file of a pmd red rescue file with everything working saves and quicksaves

Is there any good ps1 game at or under 300mb to fill my meme card?

How to convert a folder with .dat files inside into a .sav?

I don't understand. You can keep the thing plugged in and play at the same time. And why would you want to take out the battery? It has no other uses besides being in your 3ds.

1. yes
2. I personally don't know
3. we don't know.

Because the battery is there for a purpose, you ignorant twat. What purpose, you ask? To power the 3DS. Do you have the competency to design something better?

I didn't think so.

Please, make your question more specific. like what console are you talking about is it the 3ds

Again, it's not about the rom. It has nothing to do with the rom, nothing at all. You should look for the error the emulator gave you instead.

Well if you play while plugged in it wears the battery and its just not good for your console. so when the battery drains i gotta wait three hours to charge the fucker before i can play again. it would just be fucking great if i could run off wall power

Does the FBI know that you're sharing secrets with your SD card?

But slim what if you win

I had a lot of PSP games in the fukken card using the old PSP thing on the vita and now I'm using the fucking vitashell FTP and I can't fin them to delete the games

Which fucking folder have them?

Check within ux0:/pspemu

all it says is SRAM will not be saved

Why are you using the camera installed in your dick? Can't you afford a decent camera?

3DS.

does the vita save manager work for legit games?

Yeah I just found it, fucking 4 hours to backup the isos, holy fuck

Best place to buy a 3DS online for cheap?

Not really, I had those games until I became a9lh master race.

I got all those games free of charge so no,

At least brag with some good games.

No but I feel bad that someone actually bought those trash games

>tfw you only have 4 games, while pirates can have 300.

Pirates have no reason to be mad, idiot.

>O3DS
You poor as shit mang kek.

Not really considering I already played them and that's all I wanted.

Also
>That ugly oversized australia age warning.
It ruins the whole cover.

I buy my games too but hacking my 3DS enables me to improve them.

Stop replying to shitty bait and report it instead you fucking morons.

Dumb here. How install the vita games updates? Just paste in the game folder?

O3dsxl is max comfy bro

Stop replying to shitty replies to shitty bait and do something more with your life.

Uh...Don't tell me what to do or I will fucking end you capiche?

>21 seconds for a reply I made to an apparent shitpost
>15 minutes and still no reply when I asked for help
Anyone?
The guide doesn't really help. I basically already have the step for the Homebrew Launcher so next I have to do the 9.2.0 Downgrade? It's not coherent at all.

Why do you want it to be a .sav? The only reason that comes to my mind is that Citra might use it, but I don't actually know if that's the case and it hopefully isn't.
Anyway, there's no way to do that, at least not a public one. The only thing you can do is having the save in a card and then dumping it as a .sav with Gateway's piece of shit.

Does the game run though? I see people getting that error and still managing to play. It wouldn't surprise me if it meant quicksaving isn't possible, but it's still worth trying. I'm looking to see if I find a solution, by the way.

The answer is yes.

Yes, on a few but not all. Muramasa didn't work but with akiba it worked fine.

N3DS XL is the same console.
But better.

At least that post had little value.
Your post has none.

KEK

n3dsxl has
shitty hinge
shitty buttons
shitty shit

user post recent games if you're tryoing to proove a point.

I should add, I'm on 10.5.0-30E on an Old 3DS XL.
Also what is this Browser / No Browser garbage? I can't tell what the author is trying to say. There is a zero at the end of my firmware but I clearly have a browser.
I hope I won't fuck this up.

For what are these saves? Eshop games? And how to convert them to .sav pls? I need it in order to be compatible with the .3ds version of the game.

Is there any kind of save transfer between GE:R and GE2? Or any reason to play the first one besides the story?

do one for mai dumped games
idk what to do, some say repack into vpk some say just move the whole folder

vitaorganizer doesnt recognize the vpk after i repack it and such

Does anyone here have a japanese account and IA/VT? If so, could you dump it so we can get DLC

It's not even accurate and clearly shows lies, I really hope no one else will repost this.

I like to make a folder called TRANSFER.

got that Taiko DLC pack working, thanks user got my shit

wait, so
If I update to 11.1 now neither Browserhax and Menuhax will work?

That method works for maidump games, just transfer the unzipped folder.

>For what are these saves? Eshop games? And how to convert them to .sav pls?
All saves are like that. .sav is just Gateway's shitty format. It has nothing to do with the .3ds versions. Since you specified .3ds and not cards I assume you're talking about Sky3DS or Gateway. I'm not sure if it works for the former, and you can look for a long and confusing guide that still uses outdated tools on GBAtemp for the former. Either case, try to see if it works with JKSM (or FBI)

They have been patched. So yes.

>tfw lurking for lewd Cyber Sluts mod.

Stop asking this, it's not happening.

You DON'T do this to MY thread. Fuck off. It's time for MY AUTISTIC REVENGE.

MOVE TO THIS THREAD

MOVE TO THIS THREAD

It may be a shitty format but at least it will be compatible with Citra.

Why? They had already posted the textures and in-game screenshots.

You are a child.

No.

JUST UPLOADED

TAIKO FULL DLC

TO MEGA

LINK IN THE SHEET

THX user FOR GOD PACK