/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>enough tips edition

Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:
>user works on his Si
youtu.be/ompYiFyGHw8?t=362

>Shingu kills a birb (press F)
youtu.be/QQX44qJSuC0
>song in vid
youtu.be/JwxZe9qX4A4

>Civic ricing
youtube.com/watch?v=73mHs_H1u4w&index=17&list=PLyr_eTQASjhTBI_3WpjGIrW0ZeFqwEI-C

>Shingu's Exhaust (lel)
youtu.be/hiBiJEvyh9M

>user blew his speakers
youtu.be/N8FRENl8tzk

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5723386305.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would an 1989 integra be a good daily?

parts are getting harder to find faggot

Well that answers my question

you're welcome

r8 my photoshop, too rice?

Where do you live, where i am you can get running examples for under 1k pretty easy

I don't know if I fixed anything. I'm getting depressed.

>bank account literally empty because buying school supplies for sister (fuck jobs that pay bi-weekly)
>couldn't even finish work because my car was constantly overheating
>made twelve bucks at work because I spent the rest on a new rad cap and thermostat
>installed thermostat, easy
>lower hose was pissing, swapped it
>drove around for a bit, temp is good
>turn AC on, it goes up just a little then back down

I'm still running pure water because I don't wanna waste my coolant yet until I know it's all good. I'm just hoping shit doesn't hit the fan during work tomorrow. I really need more money.

Also happened to place my finger on top of each spark plug wire and noticed a tapping in 2 out of 4 cylinders. Turns out the spark plugs were just loose. Checked all those and they looked good, and tightened them.

Also somebody recommend me a full exhaust setup on the cheap. Mine is haggard as fuck and falling apart.

good effort in ps but it looks too ricey

cheapest one is a quiet one on ebay for like $50
a loud one is spec d which is like $150

I'll have to replace every bit of it because it's all welded together. I'm broke as fuck though so I'm just gonna have to be an obnoxious ricer for a while. Might just have that resonator swapped for a glasspack or something.

I guess I'll go ahead and put coolant into the car and take it for a drive. Need to make sure it's good to go for work.

Oh and I lost a fucking wheel center cap somehow. Pretty hard to find more just like those so I guess I'll just buy a new set.

Center caps usually deform under heavy braking. If you've been braking hard it probably heated the plastic enough to bend it out of shape and out of the center. That's why you don't see people running with center caps during track days.

Huh. The more you know.

These had pretty shitty fitment anyway. They never really felt secure and always wobbled around. I hear OEM ones from CRVs and other cars with that size fit on my wheels though. Would look better I think.

I thought I fixed it but nope. Coolant is coming out the top and splashing on everything. I'm out of ideas....

Coolant splash on hood.

morning fahgs, taking out the old motor today...

...just need to figure out how to get it up the driveway without help. Sounds like a good excuse to drive the tractor around for a bit

>shingu civic is dying

Rip

didn't you bought a different radiator? replaced all the hoses too, right?

I'm not giving up bruh. Not like I have a choice anyway. I noticed I didn't tighten the little bleeder valve all the way so I tightened it. The needle refused to stay put the entire drive though.

The only thing left I can think of is to use the last $100 on my credit card to buy a brand new radiator along with new upper and lower hoses to make sure it's all good.

I honestly need to take it to my uncle and have him sort everything out. I hate asking for help though and always feel like I'm being a burden.

Yeah I picked up a radiator from a friend in questionable quality but I was desperate. Shit just wants to spew out from the top somewhere but I can't see why because it only does it when I'm driving. I changed the bottom hose for one my friend gave me but that one ruptured so I put my old one back on. Haven't seen any leaks from them at all.

I don't know anything about d series but do you have coolant running through any of those hose(s) near the intake manifold?

splashing looks like it's squirting from a small crack or pinhole in a hose. I bet you'll find it, just be patient and persistent.

Yeah but close examination didn't show any leaking. It's just weird to see the temp go up and down no matter what I do. Actually turning on the heater will make the needle jump up instantly.

I'm gonna sleep on it and top off the coolant before work. I'm thinking me forgetting to tighten that bleed screw caused it to piss most of the coolant out and let air in. Maybe those air pockets are what causes the needle to go up then back down when coolant flows through?

I only fill my rad halfway

yeah, I guess just keep the reservoir topped off. I guess like you said air pockets might explain the random temps? the heater thing makes it sound like it could be electrical though. New thermostat sufficiently grounded?

if I had this problem, I'd just replace every single hose in the system, or at the very least take out all the hoses, and for each one, cap off one end, duct tape (or whatever adapter works) an air compressor to the other and run my hand around each tube until I felt a leak.

pic related I think is the map for your motor. That fiv thing reacts to actual coolant temp as it relies on an integrated temp sensor. If your thermostat checks out fine and the coolant temp is all over the place it could be opening the valve if it's reading below normal operating temp. if that case it'll send air to the injectors, leaner burn, heating up the engine. Maybe if an air bubble got stuck at the temp sensor on the valve, it tests low, opens the valve and then when the bubble clears the temp goes back down?

I'd go after a quadruple check on all the hoses and then a very thorough bleeding. if that doesn't work, send the car off in a blaze of glory: ghost ride it off a cliff and film for maximum youtube profit$ kek. kidding. best of luck man, you'll find/fix it in no time i'm sure

Good luck; those tails go for 400 on eBay now

Ask your doggo to drive the tractor while you spot her(?)

madman

my bro finally woke up and helped. Just got the header off. I would have woken him up earlier, but he goes inpatient-therapy-tier autismo when people wake him up.

Image dump bitches

>doggo didn't drive the tractor
Lel oh well

I'm working on my civic too. I'm replacing the speakers in the back since I finally got my speakers yesterday.

now I can order visors or a hood.

Wrinkling head liners is as ugly to me as rust.

I was short 4 fittings from back order.

other than that got some stuff checked off the list early this week.

This is on the civic?

Are you going to wait for the new shipment of fittings or go with another company?

My penis is getting hard

hardbody mane. The fittings will be here tomorrow so no biggie. There is a dyno day on the 20th I've been wanting to make. Win 100$ for highest hp and there is a 700hp mustang that's gonna be there that I want to beat.

Got called in early for work. No problems on the drive here and I'm not gonna touch the AC at all because I'm paranoid. It took a while to get up to temp which is good. The coolant is doing its job.

doggo driving the tractor would be some top dollar antics, but she's turrified of the yard pup.

what happened to your hood? Going with a seibon hood or something?

Rust nigga. I'm thinking of replacing it with another metal one since it's only $90 brand new primed. Though the visors are cheaper and more practical.

Breaking in my speakers now.

>all these speakers came from the civic
Lel

everyone says to drop it through the bottom, but eff that I'm goin out the front door. Should work fine. That I don't want to deal with the subframe again

All is good so far. I'm pretty sure the AC causes the overheating so I'm not gonna use it. Is it possible for it to do that? Maybe putting air into the system?

Don't go thru the front door
It's low key at the night show

Air in the AC would mess up your AC system. Wouldn't cause the over heating problem. That new used rad is probably fucked

Possibly. I'm gonna replace the rad this week to eliminate it as a problem along with new upper and lower hoses. Absolutely no leaks right now though.

I just keep thinking it's AC because last night it got hot after I turned it on. It's weird though turning on the heat makes the needle jump up like an on/off switch. It goes back down when I turn the heat off. Maybe a faulty temp sensor?

That could actually be a possibility.

none of this would have happened if you hadn't murdered that bird

Ayy lmao

I'll look into it later if it fucks up again. I'm too paranoid to use the AC though.

I'm so sorry birdo. ;_;

Anyone know if you can over-rev a manual d15b7 civic far beyond the redline? I was doing 60mph in 2nd gear and it sounded a lot higher than 6500rpm

My D16 won't let me go past 7100. Only way i managed to was shifting to third instead of fourth on the interstate. It hit 7500+ before I stopped it.

Instead of fifth I mean.

My mind is playing tricks on me. I swear I saw the temp go up but it didn't.

I got my paint yesterday in the mail. The roof of my integra is peeling and faded. I can't wait to fix it.

I'll post pictures of my progress

in for pics. love me some improvement pics.

tfw i stepped in gum and didn't notice, and it got in the door jam and footwell in my car

;_;

i still luv u, u lazy eyed, unmatching foglighted bitch

It's kinda cute like that. Lel

Just ran some AC and no overheating. I think I did it, niggas!

It looks drunk and I love it.

You're the lewd boi who got his car hit not too long ago right? When are you gonna straighten her eyes out?

>tfw finally bought bowling shoes

>lewd boi
w-what?

I did get hit not long ago, and probably never desu, it costs a lot and she's qt anyways. Planning on using the money to buy another car to mess with as well.
>tfw pre-collision pic

Bruh I still think some time with a hammer would do wonders.

yeah, I think the same way. The fenders that I fucked up are at the bottom of my list of to-do's because like your hood, it's not as serious as frame rust or say a hole in your engine. I'm thinking about getting the seibon cf fenders and hood after I take care of other problems, but it's expensive and everyone that sees it from a distance will probably just think I'm a ricer with mismatched fenders anyways. Although, mismatched fenders are kind of a guilty pleasure for me, carbon fiber or not kek

Yes it can

Needle wandering around with the AC on. Is that normal or is it time to think about replacing my water pump soon?

Not normal. Problem is with radiator or waterpump probably

Hey /hg/ , would you guys like to donate to my crowdfunding campaign? I need 8.5k to buy a Honda. please help! I promise to become an active poster with frequent updates on the car!

Only if you're going to restomod a 1970s civic or something

Fuck off nu male

I'll assume this radiator then. Hasn't done it since the sun set though.

Good news is I should get my new Koni Yellow in the mail tomorrow.

When's the last time you cleaned your IACV?

Never cleaned this one. Bought it brand new this March.

Non-/hg/ poster here.
Can I expect the same Honda standards in Acuras? I've had only good experiences with Hondas, but Acuras seem a bit overpriced for what they are in comparison to some other luxury lines. If they've got the same perks as Hondas though, I'll probably bite.

Specifically I'd like to know about their service, maintenance costs, and dependability.

How well would a turbo'd rsx type s be as a daily driver is done right? Thinking of buying this for cheap and slowly building it, thoughts?
>sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5723386305.html

Sounds unreliable as a dd, but really fun and quick. I wouldn't do it unless you have access to drive something else

And to think you wanted tell your lazy-eyed carfu.

You nigger.

*to sell

only responding to encourage the frequent posters

i don't post much myself, but I like the frequent updaters working through diagnosing their shitbox, adding sick mawdz, planning for future work to be done, whatever it may be. The backbone of the thread is built with simple, simultaneous stories of car ownership, the highs and the lows. It's a 10/10. If it weren't for that it'd just be ecoboost, laughing girls meme shit slinging like 3/4 of the catalog is at any given time.

>Looked good in the night shot
>leperous turd in the light

Fuck your myspace angles and lighting!

is a cute. banana paint, lazy eye, best exterior of all the gens. Lot of visual interest going on, what's not to like

Paint it black nig

i considered it but all that matters is that i kept her, r-right?
right?
I can't close the lazy eye pop-up, and she's not legally driveable but that didn't stop me from hooning her a bit on the way home

pls love me carfu

t-thanks i really appreciate it,
[spoilersdontworkon/o/]and so does she :3[/spoiler]

Yes. Service depends on the dealership but the hourly rate will be more,, parts cost more, but it is more reliable

Please guys.
>70s
it's actually from the 90s
Please donate
Thanks! Yeah! Me too!

What do you senpaitachis think of the new Ridgeline?

Work for it nigga. I bought my civic for $700 with my hard earned money.

Nice if you want a lifted v6 accord with awd with a pick up bed.

I can't . not in time.

>buy 4ws prelude
>gut it
>build it for drifting
>drive in reverse
GOOD IDEA!?!?

Why is there a time limit?

because I want to buy the car?

Fuck you mean??? You want to buy a car how is that a time limit?

On the last drive of the night for work the needle refused to stay put. It never went past 3/4 though.

(You) used to call me on my cellphone

You type like a minority

Wew lad. Thinking about the temp sensor.

Lol I'm trying to deter this entitled individual from posting again in the hg.

>post off the wall idea
>treated like a shitposter

Fuck you man

I'll see how it goes throughout the week. As long as it doesn't overheat.

Tried to get doggo to look at the camera but he wouldn't for long enough.

Time to sling them papers?

I'm resetting the trip once I reach 122,667 for the greatest odometer get.