Le don't buy German cars they are unreliable!! XD

>le don't buy German cars they are unreliable!! XD

>meanwhile my 12 year old German car is still going strong with normal maintenance in an extremely hot area of the US
>not even the seats are cracked

I seriously hope you don't fall for the le shitty German cars meme propagated by boomers .

having had 4 of them and they all broke, yeah i think so.

Post proof

Thats quite the sample size you got there oh pee

LoL

>anecdotal fallacy

>anecdotal

No, you're just shit.

How?

All I'm saying is that the meme sprouted from people who couldn't keep up maintenance.

>common problem

I wouldn't have anything to say if my story was different, no?

>pays out the ass to keep it running
>thinks this is acceptable
Delousional bastards

German cars are great. I've owned loads and they all perform well.
I've never owned an american car, because they're so shit they don't get sold outside of the USA.

Yanks Like cheap shit with overly simple technology

>common problem
Seems that way

So who buys them from you after they hit 100k?

Funny thing is, he isn't even me (OP).
Same year model l, different brand, German car still going strong.
Stay salty.

>b-but german cars never make it past 100k

Lol

>paid 3x the cost of the car to keep it going that long
Kek
Stay ignorant

>has to reference low strung diesels
>has to use euro examples where its cheap to maintain
Truely the civic of europe (or worse than)

>no! it can't be! y-you are soo ignorant! g-german cars are unreliable!

>He thinks he will change my mind or prove anything

>b-but my auntie said bmws are expensive to upkeep!

My last car a saturn was going stong at 320k miles before I decided to sell it and get a truck. So whats your point?

The big thing with German cars is that it's a lot of nickel and dime shit. You CAN have them last a long time, but a lot of retarded "power of German engineering" shit makes some fixes far more expensive than they should be, prompting people to dump them onto someone else.

>at least only the diesels that can go high miles! r-right?
youre deluded as fuck

>normal maintenance
If by that you mean they need monthly life support then yes.

In Europe they're a lot less expensive to maintain than in the US.

Source: lived in Yurostan for 8 years.

OK?
Mine is a 2.7t that I've changed the timing belt on and change the oil regularly.

>rust

>inb4 Corolla touring car posts
>inb4 more worn out bimmer interiors

WIR MUSSEN DIE JUDEN AUSROTTEN!!!!

>cheap to maintain
Are you implygin that cars are cheap to maintain in Europe? You serious? Fucking hell, stealerships in Germany charge up to 100 euros per hour of mechanic labour

reliability is a meme anyways. As long as you have tools and the cognitive abilities of an orangutan you can fix any problem with a car.

The board you're looking for has a P before the O, and an L after the O.

This desu

>MUSSEN
müssen

What are these pictures? Is danger to manifold real on zee German cars?

I don't have that on my keyboard.

If you're ripping into the wiring to replace a sensor every month that's kind of an impact on how often the car is driveable or not. To me that would be unreliable.

üüüüüüüüüäüäüääöööüäßßß

well then you should stop trying to speak german

Literally haven't done anything close to that. Stop making shit up.

But I am German. I was just born in America. Both of my parents speak fluent German.

German here, have been doing an internship at VW for 2 weeks. the glory days of german cars is over. 20 years ago you could open a motor at 250.000km and it looks brand new. now you're lucky if your motor lasts 200.000 at all, especially for VW. Porsche is still great but everything else is plastic trash

>it's an automatic

Where I live in the US you can get mid 2000's top of the line German cars for 4-6k. Would you recommend buying one?

>But I am German.
>I was just born in America

>i'm not born in germany or ever been there but I am german
and I'm from mars btw

You serious? You know genetics and what?

Whatnot*

>2 weeks
>I'm an expert guys

Nice interior and features for the price but the electronics fail all the time. you usually need to replace parts and it can be very expensive. one day someone came in because his electric window didn't work on one side on his 2004 golf and he had to pay over 500€.

Well I'm not an idiot. I know how to order a window motor, and install it once it arrives at my front door.

>window motor
you wish, they have ways to keep you from replacing parts with non-original ones yourself.

That's a false statement.

If I had the money I'd still buy Porsche or top line Benz's (e.g. the E Class, none of the other plastic shit that is tainting their lines now) - that's about it.

VWs are still ok as prices have dropped following the emission scandal.

I think largely the 90s ones were fine, they took a dip in the early / mid 2000s with the introduction of fancy electronics etc and they seem to be pretty much fine for the most part now.

I will be buying 90s cars for a good few years yet, seems to be a good blend of nice interiors with good refinement / NVH / engines etc but pretty easy to fix and fairly reliable. My E46 325i has been brilliant - had it 5 years and very little has gone wrong outwith general wear and tear. The stuff that has gone wrong has been cheap and easy to fix which is nice too. Wouldn't fancy running an E90 on my budget though.

"""""""""""MAINTENANCE JOBS"""""""""""

>normal maintenance
>German Over engineering
>Normal
>Maintenance
>German
>Engineering
LOL

Looking at that picture.

There are 4 chains maybe 5, thats not too bad,obviously its 3 too many. But its not as bad as it looks.

Keep in mind, when anyone else "HURR DURR MY EUROSHITBOX HAS OVER 150K AND STILL RUNNING STRONK!", in reality they're lying, their engine ticks like all hell and sounds like shit, had multiple major repairs done, or is the

I have 4 German cars, 3 of them high mileage. None of the engines tick/sound like hell, none have had major repairs done. Same story with all the German cars my family has ever owned.

>yfw you like GM, but the most unreliable vehicles you or your family have ever owned were all GM products

Looking right at you Chevy Blazer

ITT: Ship of Theseus

When you replace all the parts all the time, of course it runs good. Its practically new.

What do you have, mate?

>tfw no immaculate 190 D in gleaming black

Ich glaube du hast Autismus Brudi. Bevor ich mir ein deutsches Auto kaufe, fahre ich lieber eine Reisschüssel, oder einen Kimchikaton.

>But I am German. I was just born in America. Both of my parents speak fluent German.4
TSCHI

Why do you keep posting pictures of damaged intake manifolds? Do you even understand what you are doing?

I feel ya user

>normal """"""maintenance"""""""
>costs more than a nissan versa in 10 years

>and I'm from mars btw
Are your parents Martian?
Say something in 2ndrockian you red planet space nigger

>now you're lucky if your motor lasts 200.000 at all, especially for VW
Wow thats like an improvement of 2x at least.
Great job VW.

>when USAers say German cars
>what they really mean is VW

ecobosted kek

This is bullshit, I have a friend who does aftermarket installs into modern german cars (amongst others, but taxis here are usually Mercedes, VW, or higher end Volvo) and he wouldn't be doing it if it were impossible to do with basic tools. I have opened up some newer VW's myself (both interior and suspension) and they're way over exaggerated in their level of difficulty.

That being said I have a german import Audi from 1996 and it's still in pretty much tip top despite its history. Original 1995 datestamped MAF started giving false readings last month but I got that replaced for free (thank goodness for scrapyards and audiclub).

People who call german cars expensive, unreliable, are the people who don't know shit about how to maintain them, they're not some utility vehicle shits that you can disassemble with a wrench, but they sure as shit aren't spaceships either.

130k on my E39.
It's had:
>cooling system overhaul
>mass airflow sensor
>left front wheel speed sensor
>fuel pump
>shifter bushings
>clutch
Total anecdote but you really can't generalize reliability across an entire nation. Subaru is Japanese and I'd take a fucking Audi over one of those nightmare H engines.

out of my 8 German cars i've owned only one of them was a sub 200k mile car
you're fucking retarded

I work on German software. It's a fucking nightmare to support. The product I worked on for a number of years (only switching recently) rather than using very simple access uses complex "frameworks" that theoretically add features, but 98% of the time these features are not needed and the complexity of the frameworks makes them hard to support as well as the total information flow (if information is missing, it can be in one of thirty spots).

My grandparents and aunt/uncle are big on Mercedes for some reason and those are unreliable shitheaps. My grandparents dealer service them (at great cost) but I think they drive, maybe, 3,000 miles a year and sell them before 40,000 miles. My Uncle's cars... shit just breaks all the time. He was driving one and it literally just caught fire and burn cleaned out (thankfully, it was slow enough for him to pull over, get out, get his KIDS out, get his dry cleaning and laptop out, and watch it burn to a crisp from the opposite side of the road).