Want to get a car for relatively cheap to turn it into a hobby car. Found this '95 Civic Si for $1750 with 123...

Want to get a car for relatively cheap to turn it into a hobby car. Found this '95 Civic Si for $1750 with 123,000 miles, all original. The AC doesn't work (doesn't specify what the issue is), one of the hydraulic arms to the back hatch needs a new connector, and there is some minor body damage/rust.

Only really looking at it for how affordable it is and how much aftermarket shit there is for Civics. Would this be a decent pick up for the price? Or is it too fucked?

You can turn any car into a hobby car

throw a subie turbo on it and beat mustangs

I don't really see much I can do with an 04 Sorento LX, it's on its way out anyway

If you want a hobby car, I'd look at something from the "as fast as your dollar can go" section on the sticky. You have a sensible daily, presumably, so shop around and find something fast.

Well within reason

If the car is light and small you can turn it into enthusiast car
take a ford festiva for instance
its extremely light and very small
but a miata engine LITERALLY bolts right in
then you can turbo that engine

You'd have something fantastic if you do that and put some good tires/wheels on it

555 no.

You don't have a sensible daily? No to what? If it's a second car it's a license to be as stupid and impractical as possible.

Go for it, That's a pretty good deal if it legit.
But don't be disappointed when its not a fast car stock. Civics are fun, but not really fast

The real question is are you willing to take the time to fix the stuff that's shitty on it before you put shit into it? The AC could be an issue

>95 si with 123K on it for 1750
>mfw 1995 si in my area with that many miles go for 4500$

You would be dumb not to pick that up. All of the issues you described are not that big a deal. Get that shit. Or tell me where it is so I can buy it.

same
>live in cali
>want a civic cause hot version, initial d, etc
>craigslist eg civic
>4000 dollars and its not even an si
they're all fucking like that here and whenever theres an actual clean civic its some fucking beaner saying "I KNOW WHAT I HAVE" and charging fucking 6k for it
>buys miata for 2900
>dreams of having civic
>i like ff fuck you

OP here, what exactly makes Si's desireable other than [COOL VIBRATIONS]?

the honda meme is dead. theyre not fast and cost too much to make quick.

get a dsm if you want a hobby car for that amount.

cheap fun platform with vtec
they're light they handle well, and they're pretty quick. But if you need me to tell you why i like this car its pretty much cause spoon and tsuchiya from hot version made this car look like a really cool platform. Idk im bad with words I just like honda

ask honda general why they like the honda civic si, and why its desirable.
>miata owner that wants a civic

yes you mother fucker buy that right now, year two and no ragrets, it is the perfect car.

can confirm, it's the fucking worst

My brother has a 94 CX hatch 5 speed, I think it's got about 170k on it. It's dead stock, the interior is outstanding for a 20+ year car. No cracks in the vinyl seats or dash, he put new carpet in it a few years ago too. As for the negatives, the clearcoat on the hood was peeling really bad so he sanded it and primed it black (the car is black as well) it's also got some rust on one of the doors IIRC. He used to daily this car for a long time but got tired of the small space and 70hp so he bought a truck. It's been sitting around and I occasionally drive it when I go to visit. I've thought about trying to buy it off him but I don't want another money pit.

>buy '91 EF civic hatch for $50 with blown motor
>its a DX model with auto trans
>buy a d15 from craigslist for $200

>60hp 4spd auto 45+ mpg hatchy

Do it and then get an alarm ASAP.

>ff
Kek

>the listing disappeared after I returned for work
>it wasn't even up 24 hours

I-I didn't need it anyway boys ;___;

I live in LA and I went to vegas to get my ep3; he asked for 3.7k but I was able to goldbergenstein my way down to 3.3k

There are about a million of these cars in the US. Just get another one. They are by no stretch of the imagination "rare". It's a fucking old Civic. There are probably 5 of them within 3 miles of you at this very instant.

>I'm ignorant on the subject, but damn it I just had to post something!
-You

Ok bud, keep thinking that a reliable 90s economy care is rare and elusive. Sure you might have to hunt around to find one that hasn't been riced already, but who cares?

Scrap the 100 hp engine and the Ebay headers and intake.
Scrap the sloppy aftermarket sways and busted $200 coil overs
Scrape the sooper jaydee em stickers off the windows

You were going to replace all that shit anyways.

The difference between you and I is that I get notes on my wipers from people wanting to buy my car (civic si hatchback), and you do not.

>ef fag
>never see any other classic hondas. ever

i've seen one in like the past 6 months

Lol
No, the difference is I wouldn't trade my car for your ricer econobox no matter how many go-fast parts you screw onto it or how JDM your bodykit is. 157 whp doesn't make your shitbox fast just because it's 2300 pounds. Even with 300hp it's still a complete shitbox 90s economy car with a lot of motor. No different than an SRT4.

Anyone putting notes on your wipers is hoping you're just going to sell it for what it's worth, not what you think it's worth.

all these honda defenders make me feel like its 2002 again

>it's still a complete shitbox 90s economy car

>tfw rather be riding in my '91 civic hatch than your gay ass mazda

you look like an effeminate beta male in your cuck wagon

my civic is smooth, quiet, comfortable. with a clean simple design and great interior quality.

not to mention better handling and driving dynamics because 2000lb and god-tier double-wishbone suspension

also

>157whp in 2300 lbs

that's like a GS-R swap. shit would be fairly quick

........You just proved my point user. You think think 157 hp makes you anything even close to quick. Sure you're quick for a 90s shitbox but that's about it. Sorry but it's 1993+23 more years.

350+ hp turbo 4 cylinders everywhere
450+ hp Mustangs and Camaros everywhere
400+ hp pickup trucks everywhere
Even all motor 4 cylinders are pushing 250 whp if set up right.
It's not 1999 anymore Juan.

I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics on this one

>the mazda 3 cuck got triggered again

lmao

hahaha someone help. dead

>vanilla commuter mazda economy car
>civic type r si mugen gtr type s gts spoiler
>surprised gohzirra is moh fastaaa

your comparison is retarded
go post more datsun gee tee are pics

Mazda has won Le mans and Honda hasn't
Gg

Except the guy in the Mazdaspeed:

Can run AC
Has power steering
Has a LSD unlike you likely do
Won't get his car stolen by a wild gang of minorities when he goes to the mall with his gf
Has actual sound deadening so his car doesn't sound/feel like a tinny pos
Has a turbo so the exhaust is actually quiet
Will pass CARB every year without having to pay someone under the table and isn't worried about getting a ref ticket
Is a intake/exhaust/tune away from another 30-40whp
Can spend more of his time driving than tinkering with his car because his car already comes with everything you would possibly want in your Civic bone stock
Will actually have a car with resale value when he decides to sell it, ever tried to sell a modded Honda? Most end up getting parted out

Why are you assuming I can't run AC or PS or that I don't have an LSD in my car?

Wait why are you even discussing these things when we're arguing performance and fun?

Honda has won F1 seven times

Mazda hasn't

GG

Night Kids

Honda has never ever won f1
And no, engine supplier doesn't count

>d-doesn't count because it hurts my feelings!!

lmao

F1 manufacturer championships follow the chassis-engine format

please stop being less butthurt

Because AC and Power Steering would cost a quarter of your 87 horsepower.

>F1 vs Lemans
>1.5-2 hour sprint race vs 24 hour endurance race
No comparison to be had

considering Mazda has won LeMans and Honda hasn't you would think Mazda would do great on other endurance racing series
but thats not the case because mazda did a shit-tier job everytime they entered the American LeMans series

nice butthurt and deflection btw

Whatever dude I like my civic. You on the other hand are coming in here trying to justify your mazda3 purchase
>i-i-it's better I swear!
ayy lmao

Not at all. This actually started when you talked shit about what I drove without even knowing fuckall about what I drove. You automatically assumed that your Honduh racerboi express was superior to everything on /o.

I'm the butthurt one because Mazda has won world recognized races whereas Honda can only supply parts to teams with actual competitive chassis' and drivers?
Ok.
You got me
You win this one Johnny Tran.

>winning F1 seven times
>not a recognized race

and for the record they have won the championship seven times, not just one race

stay mad at ur wagon dude

Mazda has the most wins in the history of Daytona 24h
Please don't talk shit on subjects you are clueless on tyty

>The difference between you and I is that I get notes on my wipers from people wanting to buy my car (civic si hatchback), and you do not.
This comment triggered you. I never said my car was better.

I'm jelly. Drive that shit into the ground then give it a Viking funeral.

too bad thats porsche, faggot

please keep making up bullshit to defend ur subpar wagon 3

Honda has never won f1
The manufacturer they supplied engines to did

Nigger didn't you catch the part where Honda has never had a competitive F1 team until a few years ago where they've never really done better than 10th?

Just because I put a sticker with my name on a winning car doesn't mean I won the race.

Mazda has over 100 victories in imsa
How many does Honda have? Lol

>my car sucks so I have to brag about the company that made my car
maximum damage control

I drive an rx7 which is powered by an engine type that won Le mans
Show me your f1 powered civic, lol oh wait

>I don't understand how Formula 1 works

lol

literally fucking triggered and in denial

>I drive an rx7
Cool

How many wins does Mazda have in Indycar and F1?

> tsukuba
Lol, rx7 laps in 1:04

How many imsa, atcc and Le mans wins does Honda have?

> bbbut much f1 engine suppliers!
So basically you're admitting to the fact Honda can't build a car for shit roflmao

>he drives a 12a

13b swap that shit already dude

I pay 800 a week rent I cant afford engine swap

This entire discussion comes down to the fact that these Hyunda fanbois brand cred doesn't live up to their fans' mental image of greatness. Honda knows damned well how to make an engine, but they they are no where near the level of be-all-end-all combustion engine driven superiority that Honda fans seem to think. I don't even think Honda its self is the same level of fanboy as Honda fans are.

There is literally nothing worse in the automotive world than a die hard honda fan. Especially the ones in their 142 whp Civics that want to race you from a light and legitimately think in their mind that they will win. They give you that look of confidence like a star quarterback on prom night but they don't have the arm or ass to back it up. It's seriously the worst cancer in the automotive world for the last 10 years. This is why you motherfuckers get made fun of constantly.

>stop enjoying your cars! It's not fair!

>You think think 157 hp makes you anything even close to quick.

civic fag here again. my other car is 320 HP and goes 0-60 in less than 5 seconds

>157 WHP in 2000lb car

considering losses that is roughly a gs-r swap which is 170 hp @ 7600 rpm

in a 2000 lb car this is just shy of the power:weight ratio of a V8 muscle car

>what is torque?

also

>350+ hp turbo 4 cylinders everywhere

nigger, where? youtube?

do you think this shit is realistic

Bench racer.

>could easily swap similar output drive-train in any civic for like $2000

the bhp is not far from a USDM GS-R engine

>Has power steering
>limp wrist with no steering feel

>can run AC
>so can any civic

>Has a LSD unlike you likely do

but its in a pigfat mommy mobile

>Has actual sound deadening so his car doesn't sound/feel like a tinny pos
>implying all civics are like this

>Has a turbo so the exhaust is actually quiet
>because it sounds like shit anyway

>Will pass CARB every year without having to pay someone under the table and isn't worried about getting a ref ticket
>calicuck

>Can spend more of his time driving than tinkering with his car because his car already comes with everything you would possibly want in your Civic bone stock

its called being an enthusiast

>resale value
>implying i would ever sell my honda

>that feel when only drive the speed limit in ef civic hatch
>everyone tries to race me / rev there engine at me
>my car has a silent exhaust and just hums along gracefully so i have no response

Nowhere in that post did I say anything about being a fan in general or enjoying your car. Thinking your better than anything with 4 wheels just simply because you've got an H badge on the grill. It's time to snap back to reality.

Yes, Honda was the major contributor to the start of the sport compact segment. Their cars and their technological increases to small displacement 4 cylinders in the 90s drove this and made the segment what it is today. I'll give them that because I'm not ashamed to give credit where it's due. We've moved way past the early 90s though. Honda has lost that edge.

wat is speed3
wat is WRX
wat is Evo
wat is GTI
wat is Focus ST
wat is heavy modded turbo anythingmobile
wat is ecoboost rustang

I know what youre getting at, but no. I'm just throwing numbers out since that's all they're talking about.

So your point is that you could install a 170hp motor thats faster than a 150hp economy3 for 2000? Good job Juan but that's nothing to brag about.

>Hurr pigfat
>Hurr unnecessary luxuries
Right. Tell all of what you just posted to the guys driving 911 Turbos, ZO6 Vettes, GTRs.........

Because they want to see if you've got $100,000 under that hood Johnny Tran. Rev on them at the stop lights.

>thread posted 9 hours ago

I hope you bought that shit bruh. I paid $1300 for a CX with nine previous owners.

Refer to

Aw man. Good Civics don't last long on CL. Mine was a piece but I had to snatch it up fast because someone else was about to buy it.