Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/reduzio/status/781263174578364416
youtube.com/watch?v=tRyklkTbak8
youtube.com/watch?v=iFkgYzJtsM0
roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Field_of_Vision
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there is already a thread up

This has a non-shit OP

deal with it for one more day you autistic crybaby.

Is that image from an AGDG game or just a random thing?

but they CHEATED

No, they are just spamming their discords there, probably rotateshit Report spam and use this one.

Lewd Jam's old news. Spooky's the new hotness.

Found off an older thread, so don't know.

Should I start with Game Maker?

Sure.

How much will my Java experience help?

It will hurt you. GML is crude and inexpressive.

Then I guess knowing BASIC is going to help me more.

Are you ready for the best 2d engine?
twitter.com/reduzio/status/781263174578364416

Saddest part is that I know someone, somewhere will post this on tumblr and tag it as #glitchart

Did Valhalla use this engine?

Is this the cool kids thread?

No, this one is just the thread with less cancer.

more like less everything

It's better this way.

Good enough for me

feel free to post progress anytime

Can't show broken code.

The other one has 7 progress in 153 posts and is full of rotate and sourceposting to the point even the shit ton of filters I have don't do shit.
Yeah I'll stay here until both threads die.

Where's the progress?

>too lazy to learn
end me

amusing events as I began work on throwing some bones around

Throw me some bones, I'm a poor dev.

/agdg/ has changed.

It will get better as soon as people forget about lewd jam. agdg went downhill since the first poll that included it. Demo days are still great though.

I want fun to come back.

no fun allowed agdg is srs bsns now. only agdg certified jams are allowed because of course arbitrary rules are more important than making video games. motavio a shit. also stop liking what i don't like.

>motavio
You are exactly the kind of poster that is ruining agdg

Lewd jam was a mistake.

shit jams shouldn't happen especially when it involves whodevs from other sites

Can a gamemaker dev help me out with some particles question?

How would you set up a particle emitter that spawns the particles in a circle around the emitter and have the particles move towards the center and stop?

Since they removed the attractors and deflectors I've been stumped on this.

Think I'll take a break from interface work and get back to the game.

Are there any good tutorials on making hangman on Unity? I found this youtube.com/watch?v=tRyklkTbak8 but his voice is unbearable to hear. I prefer text tutorials too as they are much quicker than videos.

how, exactly?

Make the emitter have a random position within a certan distance from your center point, set it to change position every step or so while spawning particles that have their direction set to your center point.

This is not resource efficient at all, though. I'm sure there are plenty of better ways to do it.

I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with language designers.

You get these languages, like C#, that could be perfect, if they just let you freely control memory and ignore classes while compiling to native code, but they ignore the core features of a programming language to be useful in enterprise.

Where is the C# of games? Why are meme gamedevs telling people to make games in python and javascript and why haven't we made a real fucking language yet for games?

enterprise software has crippled the progress of computer science

Could be worse

Can't wait for Halloween

WTF? How do you move the mouse so smoothly? Are you a robot?

what happened?

seriously

probably low sens

on the first week those numbers have a delay of a few days to them

Hi aggydaggy, how does this trailer look?
youtube.com/watch?v=iFkgYzJtsM0

Which engine is best for making a top down/ dual stick shooter?
Unity, GM, or something else?

Rust is probably our best bet right now.

The red line is the raycast. It says in the console it is touching the ground collider itself, but the shadow still shows at the wrong position. The raycast only detects the ground layer, which means it ignores objects and itself
So it makes no sense why the raycast is hitting just under the object. Other elevations work fine and display the shadow correctly, but this specific area doesn't and it isn't touching any colliders at all (and the boomerang goes back when touching a wall or another solid object)
The shadow object has no colliders
But I really want an alternative without using lighting or projectors (because the materials I use have no support for them). It would also solve this raycast issue
And, being a sprite, the shadow will display itself over empty spaces like you can see in bee's shadow in the pic.

2d - GM
3d - unity
how do you retards still not get it?

Has anyone ever tried to do Novikov self-consistency principle in a game?

Has anyone done a time travelling game?

Aiming to do a game with time travelling.

Is this the new thread?

I've added a simple description-text for things you look at.

trailer is good
but i'm not saying anything about actual game

I was thinking of a kind of puzzle/rhythm game where you witnessed the effects of yourself travelling back through time, then you had to actually travel back in time and cause it. Basically, combo attacks, but the effects of the attack are instantaneous and if you fail the combo the universe is destroyed.

I'm 26 am I too old to start getting into /agdg/

>tfw you won't have big black clocks filling every one of the holes in your slut room layout.

make it like this :
This is a zombie, it's 2 inches away from my face

I thought that was the entire point of chrono trigger.

i'm pretty sure there are people who are over 30 here

what if i also have a full time job and can only dev in my spare time, i'm freaking out here about whether i can ever dev again

Yes you are too old. You will be dead in 4 years when your crystal runs out.

i'm 20 with a full time job and i'm actually still a nodev but at least i'm writing stuff on paper and thinking about what to implement to the game and its story every single day.
But since it's gonna be a metroidvania it's not gonna bet that hard to make, will take time tho, and level design baffles me, i still can't think of anything that would make a level interesting, not to mention that i will have to make every level interesting.

Thanks!

Guys I want to post progress
What's the best webm tool

:3 love it

reposting from previous thread

>new animations for all attacks
>added air kick
>added air slash
>new jump animation
>fixed lots of bugs
>added damage numbers (currently works only when enemy takes damage, can be toggled from settings)
>finally fixed issue with audio and deadzone sliders
>sliding can be cancelled to sweep
>jumping is lots better now (holding down allows pc to "float" in air for a while)
>shortened jump delay in ledge grab and fixed not being able to jump the other direction instantly
>pc can turn in middle of dodge recovery frames and cancel it to slash
>pc doesnt take damage from just touching enemies (experimenting with this again)
>some minor fixes

ffmpeg if you arent retarded
WebM for Retards if you are retarded

shareX if you wanna get shit done

A flight simulator where you have to fly into the world trade center.

you're welcome.

I hope you didn't fuck up and start a family too.

>trying to understand how to implement ROTLove FOV in my game

help

>TFW shit at his own game
love your work man, keep working on it!

i think people that don't have games and spend all their time worried about the thread are the ones ruining it

I have no idea how to crop shit with ffmpeg so I just wanted to show all new moves. I recorded one before that but it was too long.

chrono trigger does split timelines, not time loops

Do things yourself.

>You will understand things
>You will be able to alter things
>You will be able to replace things
>Things might be unique

>It will take more time to do things

you need to change the feet color. It just blends into the background...

Added some shaders and additional bouyancy in water while in the barrier. Next I need to add ripples after deflecting objects.

You should have the barrier influenced by contacts like halo.

how many shaders have you got going on?

Feels a little too late 90s RTS but situations like this should be fairly rare in my game, so fuck it.

Just need to add formations and I'm done.

the background is just placeholder. I'll get rid of full tile background and add some parallax stuff. I'll fix the colors then.

Isn't the whole point of "le handmade" shit that it's reinventing the wheel? smfh

I'm afraid

I believe there's a portal mod that uses timeloops as a puzzle element. And there are plenty of 2d puzzlegames doing the same thing, like the company of myself. Company of myself does it under a different name than time travel though I believe.

I've never seen timeloops used in battles though, so if you did that it'd be sick.

Try roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Field_of_Vision

His point is that premade engines aren't wheels. There is no wheel to reinvent. Handmade Hero is about making a game from scratch, more or less, not about inventing or reinventing a wheel (perfect game engine).

Right now 4 that are actually used.
Water and lighting, damage effect, screen color overlay and the barrier.

"Reinventing the wheel" as an argument against making from scratch implies that the "wheel" is already perfect.

that guy is an enginedev not a gamedev, he even says so

>Trying to learn shaders

Added a bit of a tell around the boss indicating that it is 100% immune to hitstun.

I just realised you also mean that you can see what you are going to do.
Never seen that, nor do I know how that would make for gameplay.

Are there any decent dialogue boxes in Game Maker that don't cost a fortune (if free better, since I'm just using them to learn)?

halloween themed OP pics coming right up!

See . It's not that you just see what you are going to do, it's that you see what you MUST do. The details, of course, are left to the player. They just have to do something that has the necessary effect.