/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1 (Kernel, no IOSU)
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Multiplayer has been disabled from Friend List if your firmware is below 11.1. Updating is safe for everyone already running CFW. If you aren't, use ctr-httpwn to access online services.
-Nintendo released 11.1, patching Browserhax and Menuhax. Most entrypoints have been updated to work. BootNTR update available.
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 or 11.1 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/
-a9lh without downgrading and OTP installation on the New 3DS (up to 9.2) is now possibe, currently being tested. gbatemp.net/threads/443187/

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-A new version of Maidump has been released, providing DLC support and better compatibility than older software.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

>Possibe

Is it worth buying a Vista to homebrew? Is there a good softback out like on psp?

Softback?

as opposed to a hardback, or a wetback

Somebody please dump River City Ransom already.

where is the dlc

I am fucking retarded. Is it safe to update Emunand if i use Menuhax?

...dammit, yea as opposed to a wet back
I meant soft hack

What are the benefits of homebrewing a 3ds

WHY IS THERE 2 HBG THREADS

Depends. What are you trying to do?

not sure i guess

It mainly liberates your save files. Themes, play coins, little things. CFW on the other hand does it all.

WHENS MAHVEL CoSTUME DLC

5 hours

Stop using emunand, tard.

Why?

Posted this in the other thread before realizing this one's up, but is there a way to use the Mai tool without FTPing my files?

None currently.

Well shit. Guess I have to actually read the OP now.

Your 3DS may very well explode.

how 2 set up a9lh if im already in emunand?

I'm following the Plailect guide, after installing arm9loaderhax the 3DS won't start up.
Do you guys have any idea what to do ?

Did you take the sd card out?

so dsiware makes 3ds#2 10.4 to then downgrade to 9.2 with a game exploit to get cfw?
any place to look for people to dsiware with? im in a shit area but willing to drive a few hours during a weekend

So I'm selling all of my 3DS games now that I've hacked it, should I keep Freakyforms Deluxe? Not sure if it's still useful, but I might as well keep it.