Why does everyone hate pic related

why does everyone hate pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9dvqlQzKgM
instagram.com/low_happens
twitter.com/AnonBabble

German equivalent to Honda (cheap shitty econoboxes) that's more expensive and without the reliability. What's there to like?

They get way more hate than they deserve. People treat the brand like it's fucking Chrystler tier reliability.

Hondas are pretty overpriced and overrated. They are reliable, but never more than a toyota or very old Mazda. In short, there's usually no reason to buy a honda because a competing product would be better, it's the same with volkswagens.

They were greedy and apparently they fucked up big with the plants that produce cars for the American market.

I had several of them with no problems at all in Yurop and they don't have a negative stigma around here. Literally all kinds of people drive them.

>everyone
>implying
>believing everything anyone says on an anonymous image board for anime
they're like any other car, as long as you do routine maintenance and take care of it, it'll last you a long time, just look at all the MK4 TDIs still on the road today with 200k+ miles

>People treat the brand like it's fucking Chrystler tier reliability.
because VW had a partnership with Chrysler

just like almost every other automotive maker out there. Everyone has partnerships with almost everyone nowadays.

It's not uncommon to hear about VW's needing engine and transmission replacements well before the 50k mile mark. Most Chrysler's can do that on one oil change and still run.

I've only ever owned 2010s Volkswagens (2012 Jetta, 2011 Golf), and was very pleased with both. The Jetta TDI was one of the best driving experiences under 25k you could buy.

Fuck Obama and his attempts to destroy the diesel market. The emissions of a TDI are not what will destroy the earth, coal fired power planets and air and sea shipping will.

Why don't you provide some examples of that happening, friend? Google's not giving me much. Even ex-rental VWs are good buys.

Too hard, you know it's true though.

VW fanboys are a lot like Apple fanboys. They've been through 5 replacements plagued with issues, yet they still give it rave reviews.

>jetta
>great driving experience
whew
My personal reason for hate is that my local fan base is full of fucking hipster queers (stance nation faggots with snapbacks) driving their pos golfs with cut springs and fuckhuge wheels
But I find the Mk1 Golf, Mk1 Caddy, and the Corrado pretty cool cars.

Maybe because they can't compete. no really, isn't VAG (or Volkswagen alone) the single largest auto manufacturer in the world? they sell more cars than anyone, own more brands than anyone, make more money than anyone and have more wins across a wide range of motorsports with Audi and Porsche combined than anyone.

Toyota could quite literally make an unbreakable car that last longer than its owner and never needs parts replaced and it still probably wouldn't hurt VAG sales. They probably aren't even loosing that much money on the emissions lawsuit and fines and if they are it will probably quickly be made back in revenue.

so your hatred for vw stems to it's ''fans''?
the fuck?
also honestly for highway driving jettas are reliably quiet compared to golfs which makes them quite comfy, while the golf is supposedly the ''sportier'' of the two
not really but w/e you say meng, would i recommend a vw to a friend? fuck no. especially when they give fuck all about maintenance and working on the cars themselves, that's why there's so many people who whine and complain about them being so expensive to repair, since they essentially wait until the last minute to repair multiple issues at the same time.

It's like the knockoff German brand. It has all the typical German auto stuff,
>electrical gremlins
>poor reliability
>numb driving experience
But none of the class. That's why it's the "people's vehicle".

the passat is pretty nice.

my mate used to drive a passat and he had joined a vw fan club, he told me how they keep gossiping and hating on other brand drivers. Truly a pathetic bunch

I wouldn't say they're hated. I appreciate that they feel more solid on highways than much of their competition but they simply aren't anything outstanding as far as I'm concerned. They make decent lower middle class economical cars, however they honestly don't feel special enough to warrant buying over Japanese or American competitiors, which are cheaper and more reliable. They make some absurdly shitty design decisions too, like the plastic timing chain guide shit and are often less reliable than their equivalents from other makes.

literally any car/bike fanclub does this you idiot. honda and harley especially.

which is why i say ''fans'', you find fuckers like that fucking anywhere, be it car clubs, video games, anime, whatever the fuck, nice job getting a group of people ruin a car you like, dumbass.

not every
And I agree that it's a retarded reason not to drive something you like, hell I'm a bimmer fanboy in spite of all the BMW driver stigmas, the cars are just so good so idgaf.
But as far as i've noticed, the BMW fan base doesn't trash talk other brands(they generally dont care) while every other fan base is hating on bmw owners.
And I still would not want to be associated with all the vw driving stance kids

youtube.com/watch?v=k9dvqlQzKgM

sad seeing a performance car ruined.
But here's my local "stance club" (I know all of those guys irl), be the judge.
instagram.com/low_happens

>instagram.com/low_happens
eh, not that bad, not all of them are 'fuck lol cant drive it for shit' stanced, and the mk2s seem to not be terribly bad. but to each their own, why get upset to what other people do to their cars.

they cant possibly bring them any lower as the roads are horrible here (post USSR road pavement)
honestly I did not care about them until I found out how bad their gosipping and trash talking is, now I hate vag drivers lol

how did you find out? from other gossipers gossiping about them? jesus christ who gives a shit, let autists be autists.

as I said earlier my mate used to drive a passat, he was with them
>let autists be autists
that was my point, VW fanboys are autistic hipster faggots fuck them

>xxx fanboys are autistic hipster faggots fuck them
that can be applied to any brand you fucking dolt.
bimmier fanboys are autistic hipster faggots fuck them hurr durr slap an M badge on any bimmer for cool points

We don't. Retards do.

>started by Hitler
>only went downhill from there

You tell me why no one likes VW...

Been more reliable than my parents Hondas, Toyotas, and Chevys.
>awd
>5 spd manual
>excellent quality control
>awesome at city speeds and wonderful on highways
>handles joyfully on the back roads
>still cruising at 130K
>just did a 1000 mile trip, no issues

Truly a swiss knife. They get bad rep cause if you don't treat it right, it will burn your wallet. They've also had troubles with many lemons coming out the factory, 2000-2010 vw I hear is pretty iffy.

only as far as vw and Honda

the r8 v10 plus totally rapes the nsx with a thorny cock and don't get me started on the other acuras

Pic related

Similar story but less reliable

Basically had a few coolant leaks as all the plastic fittings on the hoses failed at the same time, replaced most lights on the car as they all failed sequentially right after 10 years old except one headlight which stopped working for a week and came back when i bought the bulb (before i changed it).

Car never overheated despite losing a bunch of coolant on all 5 occasions it began leaking, and it told me that it was too which was nice.

Also had the cv axle break shortly after buying it but that was because the last owner took it to some mechanic who took off the cover and didnt put it back on causing all the oil to come out, bought the whole golf front axle for less than the cv joint so the parts thing is true.

Not too reliable, but not terrible

Sounds average/below average desu.
Got by b5 a4 and have only had to get new steering pump and fix leaky gaskets over the course almost two years and 20,000 miles . Got it at 105K for $2800.

Only other issues were my fault, like I hit a dip hard and busted my lower oil pan and that set me back $600. I can attest that labor is the main pricey thing on vw. Parts are cheap tho.

i dont live in australia :(

parts for anything except japanese and ford/holden are expensive

Is VW really considered lower middle class? I always considered the middle class.

That depends where you live. I too consider it middle class car. VW is definetly not my cup of tea, I prefer Italian cars.