Shadowverse General - /svg/

#3 - Harbinger of the Elfpocalypse edition

Shadowverse is a class-based card game akin to hearthstone with an expansion launching on September 30th!
Current NA platforms: IOS and Android, PC version soon
Playable on Nox, Leapdroid, and Memu

Guide/FAQ: docs.google.com/document/d/1Ibw62rcFMrkvWl_KPKUuRC_0f7LbvwE27ubQ-EJo0oQ/edit?usp=sharing

Class Overview: [YouTube] Shadowverse Class Overview (embed)

Take 2 Card Rankings:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k55fDS9LpX66H-pm5EgGouqwQSCF-sje-o5UwrXUwdI/htmlview#

Friend list: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DKn9RybTNTQ3a8cm-68KvDOHCFBRK8VDD2JVO8HTUWg/edit?usp=sharing

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bITmmewmGaA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=7gTYfagDfH8
youtube.com/watch?v=lC1jJfePL1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=z13qnzUQwuI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im trash and copy paste this is the class overview vid youtube.com/watch?v=bITmmewmGaA&feature=youtu.be

Best girl.

xth for vampires

>old thread not even page 9 yet

xth for WINCRAFT

that is a cute Vania

Obligatory reminder that, even if you don't want to rank up, do 3 ranked wins per 2 week period for the free Arena ticket.

>Class Overview: [YouTube] Shadowverse Class Overview (embed)
nice

Golly it's chilly in here.

I wish it were possible to get the guaranteed pack for an arena run in advance, then just cash the actual runs in for their extra rewards (or lack thereof) at your leisure.

I already issued a correction, I blame Veeky Forums X for having too many quality of life features.

C'mon man, it's only 5 games.

Where can you see that reward?

I dunno if this is still true post nerf but back in the day I got a 5 win arena that gave me 2 packs and 250 gold, thats probably the rarest result but I guess thats why you don't get it upfront, well that and being forced to play and throw your gold in with no collateral reinforces gambling tendencies and addicts you to the game but thats a different bugbear.

youtube.com/watch?v=7gTYfagDfH8

Reminder that Dragon Roost is a fun card.

This is real scarf weather!

How do I into spell-heavy runecraft?

Reminder that DING DONG
youtube.com/watch?v=lC1jJfePL1Y

Third tab in the Missions screen, the rewards you get for earning points in Ranked.

>Angel Crusher
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Step 1: Give up on all hope of winning games.

what to dust to make cerberus

3x merlins
3x dimension shift
Throw in some flame destroyers or rune blade summoners.
Congratulations, now you lose to every swordcraft and shadowcraft player on the ladder!

i love that you can attack with 0 attack minions.

It's actually a relevant mechanic too. Sometimes you want to kill off your ding dong on your turn to draw a card

X for Urias ever growing horde of blondes

>vampy/vania
>nightmare
>succubus
>midnight
>bloodkin girl
>temptress
>queen
>medusa

What is it with urias and blondes?

That golden card with japan name.

The arenas themselves are short, the problem is that I have a lot of gold and win a lot, so actually burning through my stack of money will take an eternity.

She can touch my ding ding dong
youtube.com/watch?v=z13qnzUQwuI

Robin Fudd's probably the worst card there, and isn't likely to be any better with the expansion.

Those rewards are based on your rank score, not how many games you've won.

>get tired of fire chains
>flame witch with embraces, fate's hand and snipes with insights

Patrician taste.

I want to cum inside isabelle's tit pussy.

How is that working for you? I am so sick of having to rely on fire chain not being shit to stand a chance against aggro decks because it always disappoints me, and I'm personally a fan of Flame Witch.
Not only that but I'd stop getting fire chains from Merlin when I just want combo pieces too.

On what legs should i aim when rolling starter packs, if i want to play dragon?

What does the friend system in this game even do? I haven't found a single user for it.

I'll replace it with Curse tomorrow anyway, since I run 3x Commence.
So far, I burned away an evolved zimitra with two fate's hand, snipe and magic missile,
Forte

Forte is your #1 priority.
Faf is #2.
Zirnitra is nice to have but not necessary.

*use

Spectator mode in tomorrow's patch.

Reynad is streaming Shadowverse again.

so far there is one good quote
"Haven is the worst class for arena"
lel

Priests are always the worst class. In every game :c

Its like solid mid tier in arena though.

But that's patently false. Haven is top tier in arena.

Notthat user, but yesterday I started the game because Dragoncraft is basically a nerds wet dream for me (and it seems a lot more cohesive than Druid/more interesting than Ramp Green), and lo and behold, Zarnitra in the 1st 5 packs. Didn't get Forte or Fafnir tho, which is a shame.

They're based on how much score you've gained in the period, first 3 rewards are just 100 points each which is only one win.

But that's patently false, they're not top, because they're not Shadow or Sword, and they're not bottom, because they're not Forest. They're solidly in the middle alongside Blood, below Shadow/Sword/Dragon, and above Rune/Forest.

When is this going to be released on PC? Also is this game actually worth the time investment?

It's better than RNGstone

It has been greenlit for steam, but the exact release date isn't known. It runs very well on Android emulators, though.

Having just tried it (emulating android on the PC) it feels worth it, despite some issues (like the amount of suffering Blood seems to be at the moment)

As someone who's played Hearthstone for years now I don't find that hard to believe. I'd like to try this game out but it only being on the phone is kind of meh.

I guess I'll download bluestacks. I don't have anything to lose.

Don't download bluestacks. Long time ago it used to be the best emulator, but many newer ones have left it behind. Get leapdroid instead.

Get leapdroid and play it.

Also, there is a 10 hour maintenance for the new expansion starting in 4 or so hours so don't get surprised.

Thanks for the heads up downloading it now

One more question for you guys how easy/difficult is card acquisition. For instance starting out how hard will it be for me to craft a somewhat competitively viable deck.

Alright

I hear sword is just cobble together a bunch of commons/uncommons and plow trough everything early on.

It's much easier for F2P players than Hearthstone, that's for sure. Free packs will be coming out of your nose and ears. Legendary rates are very decent and you get 8 cards from every pack. The downside is that in this game you can include multiple copies of the same legendary in your deck (up to three). Still, the pros overweigh the cons easily.

That's aggro sword. Midrange is 2nd most expensive.

if you "reroll" aka clear the tutorial multiple times after clearing your app data until you get the cards you want you can make a strong deck for 1 class pretty quickly, its better to get a little familiar with each class via story mode first though. New players get 18 packs to start with for the next 7 hours or so and that goes down to 10 after that because they're giving out 10 packs from the new expansion. packs are also 8 cards unlike hearthstone, the card collection process at the start is trivial compared to the hellish shit that hearthstone puts you through, you can get like 11 free arena drafts via story mode, and 2 free legendary cards when making an account.

The game throws cards at you.
You get something like 18 packs just for signing up, and another 8 for playing through the tutorial and story.
Then even more for reaching certain goals.

You also get 10 free arenas thus 10 free packs and X gold for more packs just from playing the story.

You should be able to open 50 or so packs before you start even having to grind daily missions.

That's not too bad

Thanks for the info anons.

I should stop letting my dick decide my arena drafts.

It's not even only Liza with Forestcraft.

They nerfed Harvest Festival and then they make this card.

Also a 6PP 9/9.

>if you "reroll" aka clear the tutorial multiple times after clearing your app data

How exactly is this accomplished?

They obviously want everyone to play through all the 5 matches
If you could leave or got kicked out if you lost x times then the arena playerbase would dwindle

On Android?
Settings > Apps > Shadowverse > Clear data

if you're on android you open up your settings menu, go to the app section, click Shadowverse, and then hit clear data and confirm. note that if the account is not attached to google play/facebook it is permanently lost, which isn't a problem if the account has bad cards/cards you dont want.

You get free card packs for completing the tutorial.
You then open these, see if you got something nice. if not you go to android > settings > shadowverse > delete local data
then start over

Thanks. Funny thing I don't even what's good and what's bad.

I already have an account from android, how do I log in it on the emulator? It just gives me an option to start over

well the short guide in the OP or the class overview youtube video will explain the reroll targets per class, you're going to want to play a few games of story mode on appealing seeming classes to figure out what you want before you start rerolling a ton though

when you open Shadowverse on the title screen, click the Link Data button in the top left and follow the steps, this requires you to have linked the game's data to Google Play or Facebook which is at your own discretion

The only gripe I have so far is some of the voice acting.

You can actually replace the voices with the Japanese ones. They're much better.

Holy shit, is Gauntleted Healer art done by F.S. ? I think it is.

I just started this game and it seems like I only ever play Swordcraft in Arena. Is that normal? I've played 3 Take Two runs and faced 13 Swordcraft players.

it is a good class so people will of course pick it when they can

where's the option to do so?

You actually have to do it manually. The is a link to an archive with the Japanese voice files. Download it on your phone or emulator and copy paste them over the english ones in the Shadowverse data directory. 10 minute job, doesn't require root it anything.

I mean there is a link in the OP's google document.

>Veng devil can't attack when evolved
>The objectively better dragon 3 drop with ward can
Why did they mean by this?

the OP guide has a link to the current voice files, one way or the other you have to overwrite the folder named "v" in that link over your files in android/data/com.shadowverse or something like that. simply download it in the emulator browser and use some manner of file manager to do the overwrite, its not super complicated.

Is it just the best class for Take Two? Like every deck but 2 I played was Swordcraft.

If i'll unlink android acc, clear cache, but i have link code, i'll lose my progress?

Reynad sucks lol

No, you won't, but the code has an expiration date.

Prety sure when eh played Duelyst he called their version of Swords to Plows a "weak card" because it heals the enemy.

it is easier to consistently draft sword well because it doesn't have a gimmick that relies on synergizing cards like forestcraft or runecraft

shadow and dragon are also good picks in arena for the same reason that their game doesn't hinge on their class gimmick

Fatal Pulse Shadowverse doujins when?

Uhm. It says that i'll lise data if unlink.

Knowing his tastes, you won't be waiting for long.

You lose the data in your Google account, not from your device. The code is for pulling the data from Cygame's servers that are temporarily storing it for you.

Ah, got it. Thanks.