Should the gas pedal be hinged at the top or the bottom?

Should the gas pedal be hinged at the top or the bottom?

Also: which car has the best pedal layout?

Floor mounted.
Dank heel toes.

At the bottom

At the top.

It's why nearly every car has it this way.

No hinges at all.
It should go straight in.

That's what he said.

doesn't matter
the spacing between the pedals is more important

>Implying cost cutting = better
Bottom hinge is best hinge. Your foot hinges at the bottom too, creating a very similar camber curve.

the e30 with bottom hinge I've driven feels weird. it might be because how rusty/old it is that also doesn't press in as smooth, and me being used to driving top hinge. for just highway driving it's way more comfy

they both still press in at a top similarly, bottom hinge just follows that natural pressing from heel better, top hinge still follows it too but when it gets to end of curve it's facing a bad angle since the pedal doesn't pivot.
it's also easier to clean (and remove) the carpet because when it's the bottom isn't in the way

Floor mounted with the brakes being a button.

Underrated post

like pre 1970s car

What the fuck? How do you control the braking strength?

They have it that way so they can have on floor mat costs.

It's in no way better though

Damn Frenchies

you don't press brakes unless you intend to go all the way

what a fucking mess

Does france have to do EVERYTHING as stupid and impractical as humanly possible?

maybe you should actually try driving a Citroën SM or DS before being a judgmental cunt.
It's fantastic.

Very carefully instead of stomping on it like an ape.

Double hinged strut.

bottom

This.

Easier heel-toe.

Actually doesn't matter as much where the hinge point is as having a pedal that is long enough to reach with your heel. Bottom hinge just keeps long pedals from getting caught in the floor mats.

can you convert a top hinge to a bottom?

Man i wish more cars had bottom hinge layouts. Driving my gf's Mini is a more enjoyable driving experience over my speed3 just because of that one little thing.

Everyone is converting over to bottom hinge accelerator pedal mainly because its all drive by wire now, but the brake, and clutch are still top mount on a long ass arm.

When will new cars get all pedals on the bottom hinge?