I bought this

i bought this

walmart.com/ip/Schumacher-Electric-100-Amp-Engine-Start-Battery-Charger/46167059

hoping i could use it to jump my car, but i dont think i can use it that way.

should i return this thing? i want to jump my battery, not have to take the fucker out and charge it for hours..

So use the jump function you nignog.

100a engine start?

then how to do i charge the fucking thing itself? i had it plugged in for a few hours on the "boost" option, how do i know its fully charged?

I would assume the big LCD tells you what percentage it's at. Just read the instructions. 100a is the engine start.

i dont know what im talking about i think.

i just use engine start and crank the engine i think, its already good to go...

bleh what the fuck are the two previous options for then? the "62a" and "30a boost" options?

alright w.e thx ill figure it out

it would be nice if they make the circuitry that controls this thing run on the battery's charge so i wouldnt have to buy an extension cord just for this to work..

How about you read the fucking manual?

it didnt have on in the box actually.

ill look online, but i think i understand how it works now i just dont have anywhere to plug the thing into.

honestly what the fuck is the point of a portable charger/booster if you need an outlet? arent these suppose to be handy for when you are not near civilization?

does this thing have an internal battery, wheres the fucking on switch

It's a battery charger, what the fuck do you think it does? Just magically charges the battery out of thin air? Even if it was one of those laptop-battery type jump pack things, how the fuck did you expect it to supply 100 amps, do you carry it around in a back pack or something?

OP, you purchased a BATTERY CHARGER.
It charges batteries by being plugged into a wall outlet.

It was your wishful thinking that made you igore the description on the box that it was a battery charger. That's the problem about wishful thinking.

It is not a jump starter battery pack.

>battery charger
>make it so it runs on the battery is hooked up too
>the dead battery you are trying to charge

Might i suggest a vasectomy?

To be fair it looks a lot like a jumper. And some jumpers have a charge option, I have one that's dual purpose. I assume it uses its own charging circuits to charge the car battery in charge mode.

Though it's weird to show 100A start, but claim 1000CCA. Not sure what the difference is supposed to be.. Constant 100A output with 1000 peak?

If it said 100A continuous the unit would be much more massive than it looks. Or it is "chinese amperes". I've already seen those desktop chinese speakers with 3 inch paper cones advertised for 400 watts RMS power. That's RMS not peak. Chinese watts seem to be different.

Cold cranking amps is a measure of current that can be supplied for (maybe) 8 seconds at (possibly) -25*c. So maybe they are suggesting it can supply 1000 amps at 14 volts while it's frozen in a block of ice, and somehow connected to a 64 amp power supply.

>Though it's weird to show 100A start, but claim 1000CCA.

Remember that most wal-mart stuff is Made In China. The chinese print whatever they want on product labels. Due to "Most Favored Nation" trading status that Clinton awarded to China, a lot of chinese goods cannot be inspected and enforced. Yes, that is correct. It sounds counter-intuitive, but one provision of Most Favored Nation is that it sets a pretty low limit upon the MAXIMUM number of inspections that can be done on a nation's trade goods.

But then why not show 1000A start? Why both numbers? Usually I only see CCA on these things, not sure what to make of "start" amps.

No idea. Schumacher is not the company it used to be after it switched to being a reseller of chinese shit instead of made in usa of usa parts.

>Not sure if.jpg