Truckerfag thread: """""oversize""""" edition

I wish every load was this easy and paid extra

>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/25Xkk__lnCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First

Second

third

Third

Can't sleep

Any truckers here that have experience with 12 volt stoves/ovens? Saw one at a Loves and thought about getting it but figure I would ask here first if they are any good.

I keep seeing these "multitools" everywhere designed to pack as many tools into one thing as possible. Pic related is being called "the ultimate tool for truckers." Are these a meme? It seems like it would just end up being mediocre at all its functions.

>Are these a meme?

>Best In Class

U done fucked up

Come on, I know you have room in that sleeper cab for a few real tools.

It's always the tripfags who fuck it up.

Nah, it's the tripfags who are so dedicated to their low-rent e-celeb status that they brag about their fuckups.

only the folding saw would be a little awkward
other than that its not much different from a combination spanner but that is something only very old bikes use

Nice meme bro.

I got 5 hours of sleep. Its good enough. I'm just going to i80 Iowa truck stop and then to Wisconsin for a Coors can delivery. Nothing major. About 6 or 7 hours drive time

youtu.be/25Xkk__lnCI
Sweet jeebus

How much do you faggots make a week

~$800 here after taxes

Never ever leaving my windows open in the vicinity of a sewage truck no more.

It'd be good for a last resort. Maybe if you're only able to carry one thing.

DESU, it looks like a great thing for truckstop cage fights.
Two truckers enter, one trucker leaves.

Biggest truck stop in the world

Meh

:(

Didnt quote on purpose

Empty truck stop best truck stop.

I thought it was gonna have something memorable in it that only us secret club of truckers could truly experience

Lots of bumpkin blondes with crooked teeth I'd try to fuck though

Its just touristy

>Iowa 80
What other mega truck stops are out there?
Joplin 44
Petro Raphine VA
maybe Midwest Petroleum on 44 in MO
maybe Big Cabin on us69 in OK

Hey Pepsifag, could you answer my question from the night before, please?

I95 south when you enter sc

What, they didn't have cage fights there?

Stick two truckers in a trailer, one leaves. One weapon each.
For a hard match, use a reefer or a pup trailer.

>be me
>pull into shipper
>sign says checknin cb ch 12
>change channel
>get instructions
>change cb to ch 10 for scale
>check in
>scale says computers down
>go to truck stop around corner and monitor
>parked at truck stop right now
>call disp
Well, we may cancel that load and find you sonethibg else instead. How long do you have to wait
>explain that there are other trucks ahead of me
>no esitmate to computer repair
Well... Can you ask them.
>key up cb and ask if estimate
>scale replies
None. Have your disp call of there is a problem
>relay info. Disp says he wont call.
>hangs up on me.
>mfw

hardcore mode is with a full hazmat tanker

Dump load back on their lot, drive away?

Hey guise, I'm thinking about being a trucker. Please tell me everything there is to know in a nutshell.

Read op. Especially the oblogitory meme section.

>The lifestyle is horrible
>You will earn shit wages for the amount of time you work the first few years
>You're going to have to deal with a lot of shit from people from all directions
>You won't be able to work in the industry for long before self-driving trucks replace you

That all sounds bad. Is there an upside? Is it good if I enjoy solitude and independence?

>solitude and independence

It can be good. But at some point you need to communicate with dispatch, other drivers, customers, police etc. The most solitude you get is while driving.

Damn tl;dr

When I'm not driving I will get to it

>wait forever to load
>finally get out and go to scale
>I'm 840 pounds over gross
>go back to shitty warehouse so they can take shit off
>been waiting 30 minutes behind a line of trucks just waiting to get in the parking lot

This is not OK

That's fine, thanks.

Im scheduled to pick up 43,xxx lbs of steel bars.

I mean the obvious choice would be to drive in one gate, turn around the buildings in a U-shape without ever reversing, and go back out.

Otherwise if I were to do that delivery and had to go back out the gate I came in, I would come in, go past your building and make a right turn (black), then straighten out and reverse my trailer straight back (red) and make the right turn right back out to the gate I came in (green). That's assuming there's enough room to make that turn.

If there isn't enough room to make the turn, I hate backing out into streets. I would end up just backing in off of the street so I can leave going straight. There are lots of stops where that's the only option and most dudes will back out onto the street but I always back in. Come from the left in your pic, pull over with my 4-ways on, wait for a break in traffic, pull across the two lanes and back in real quick. If I know I have a clearing in traffic I could back in there in 15sec instead of trying to find somebody to hold up traffic and if nobody is there directing traffic you have to go super slow because some asshole will always try and sneak around somewhere or pull up right behind your fucking trailer.

Yeah, I started think taking two rights would be the better solution, and I'm not even certain the little road where the red arrow points is long enough to back the whole length of the trailer into until I get the chance to look.

But the most important bit is if you think you can make the turn. What do you normally use to judge if you can make a turn? Like I mentioned before, the aisles are at least wide enough for two vehicles to pass by another. If a full-size truck can make a turn with two usable lanes on each road, a slightly smaller truck should have enough room here, yes?

And the other option would be this I guess. Pull all the way in (black), reverse the trailer to whichever side has more room (yellow), and turn right back down the driveway where you came from (green). But the earlier one is easier because you don't have to back around any corners.

I guess the only reason this would be needed is if for some reason the turn to the right or left is too tight for the trailer to clear so the driver can only clear it going one way.

>blindside back in a tight parking lot without an extra set of eyes...

This would be the obvious one. And you just kinda need experience. Some of out tractors will turn tighter as well too. If there is space for 2 vehicles passing eachother on all of those little driveways, then he might be able to make the turn. You also have to look up because sometimes the roof will have a little overhang that the trailer could take out.

I would say with my regular truck (the daycab with the single axle helps a bit) if both driveways can comfortably fit two cars passing then I might be able to make the turn. If it was the full width of a 2-lane street in either direction, I'm sure the truck would make the turn. But the corners of those buildings stick out a bit and it makes it hard for the trailer compared to most streets where the corner will be a curve.

Well user is already there, so it would be easier than holding up traffic. And even if there was nobody to guide you, I would rather do the blindside turn in the storage unit complex instead of backing out into the street. There is no traffic to deal with so you can take your time and get out if you need to.

Fair enough.

>Well user is already there,
I was there last time, but the point is I don't want to be there for every delivery.

I can't, in good conscience, leave the driver to fend for himself when he really needs a second person, nor can I ask the workers at the storage units to do more than open/close the gates for him. So, I was wondering if there's an option that doesn't require my help.

Hopefully, I can convince him to try taking the two right turns the next time I get a delivery. If he just can't make it, he can reverse far enough to turn the truck and head forward, deeper into the complex, to center the truck and straighten the trailer before backing out the same way as before.

I also said I would back into there before I back out into traffic. And that is all blindside. I just pull out across 2 lanes so the rear of my trailer is right at the gate, throw it into reverse, honk the horn, and go for it. Hopefully no dumbasses get right behind the driver side of my trailer.

Here's an example of a tight turn I make all the time for these deliveries. The lanes are standard width, not real tight or anything and the bike lane is probably 4' wide. So I have to hug the very edge of the bike lane, go past the entrance a few feet, and then turn back in real tight. And hugging the edge of the bicycle lane, the wheels of my trailer are still a couple of inches (literally 2") off the curb.

As I mentioned, our bay trailers are a little longer than most Pepsi bay trailers because of the coolers. But if I were to make this same turn with a sleeper cab I would never be able to turn the tractor so tight and would have to make the turn starting from the next lane over.

Also excuse my shitty iphone paint

How big are the deliveries? Occaisionally if I have a fucked up stop like that where I have to back in or out of somewhere really tight and the building isn't that far from the street, I will just pull over to the side and walk it over. 20 cases or less and I could put it all on one laydown or hand truck and walk the extra 50'.

What's that one called?

That order was for 71 cases, and I can expect a few more of the same size before things stabilize and I might be getting 30-50 cases per week. But there's no shoulder, and I think the only decent place to park is the parking lot across the street.

You know, I just looked it up on Google Maps and it turns out I misremembered a few details.

That second gate doesn't line up with the aisle like I thought it did.

You get to ponder the great mysteries of life staring down a highway at night with nothing but corn to the left, right, forward and backwards of you for hours and hours and hours

Hey, there's even an imprint of a truck on the lower left that you can use for reference!

Are you a shit driver?

>red
>not grey

Pleb desu

No. Im a driver that recognizes a dangerous turn and points it out. Admit it or not that place is tight. I missed the part in one of his replies when he said it would be a blindside anyways. When he pointed it out i left it alone. Which is whqt you need to do. Go back to /b/ and let the adults talk. Here, let me help you.
There ya go faggot. Go home.

Yep shit driver

Just GOAL. you suck

Put your trip back on eminem

I39 dead stop

I get paid hourly and need 200 hours of drive time so I'm OK with this

If it's possible to drive through that little grass patch, this looks easy enough

Alternatively, if your unit is close to the street I would just leave the truck here

Dat hat

I am

:^)

We all are.

Sux weaks ago i cannt eben spell twuck dwiber

now eyes iz onez

t. swift trainee

Put your trip back on eminem

Oh, it was our other resident retarded driver.

Bullshit. Just because i wont turn into a tripfag people are using that name.

To be honest with a 53' you'd be rubbing or making trenches on that turn, god help you if there's a car there. It may be simpler to nose in and then go all the way around the perimeter to get back out as the corners look to have more space. Least that's what I'd do with my fat lazy ass.
That being said someone needs to sign for the product right? That means someone has to be there anyways. Who's going to make sure he didn't dump off 50 cases of expired sunny d?

>truck out of shop
>actually got paid for 5 days of layover without a fight.
This is rather spooky.
>hey gordo, I know you only have 4hrs but this needs to be in rancho by tonight kthxbai
Oh phew, for a second I thought I was in bizarro world..

>someone needs to sign for the product right?

Not necessarily. I actually mentioned it in the last thread. I used to deliver to a real similar place, storage units with a lock box and I would put the combo in, get the key, open up the door, drop the shit and sign the invoice myself.

I mean if some shit happens where a whole order goes missing, Pepsi will look into it. But if a single case was short, I've had people tell me that Pepsi is actually really easy to deal with as long as you aren't conning them every week. I always double checked to make sure dude's stuff was right before I signed though. Never had an issue.

> go to rest stop
>pisser is designed to splatter piss on your shoes

Stand back and go wherever you please

Just stand very far away and arc upwards.

Just a little spoopy this morning.

>drop cali load
>get sent load to Canada that picks up next day
>6000 dollars
>flex my newfound backing skills and squeeze into a spot at the Ontario TA right by the showers
>co drivers gf breaks up with him because we was napping and he didnt answer phone
>poor guy as been angry all day

further reinforcement of the fact I will stay single on the road and stack this cheese

All this niggas wish they was me.
You won't get me trip up, fags. But keep trying, it's funny.

Can you try that in english please? I dont speak ebonics.

>Exit 87 BBQ, off exit 87, I-40 in TN
>Top-tier pulled pork
>Truck parking, albeit only like 15 spots
Neat

>stack this cheese
Wash your cock ffs

>all present negroes aspire to become me.
>they will not force me to uniquely identify myself with a trip code. They should continue their efforts in that direction, however, as I find such actions amusing.

Headed to California for the first time. Never been there before. Is it easy driving in Los Angeles?

C O M F Y desu

>Is it easy driving in Los Angeles?
>easy driving in Los Angeles?
>easy driving
>Los Angeles
KEK
I've never even been there but still
KEK
E
K

Where specifically.
California goes from ez-mode to nightmare mode in the space of 5 miles at times.

>I've never even been
Clearly.
I'll take LA over chicago or all of new jersey in a heartbeat.

No. Where you heading?
I'm getting up at 2am to haul down to rancho from reno. Traffic will hopefully have me out of hour's by the time I get there.
Essentially add 2-3 hours to whatever you are doing if
>after noon
>friday
>down town
There will not be places to stop. If you pull off you probably won't get back on.
You will need to murder for parking.
You've been warned.

Is that a t680?

Paccar or cummins?

>tfw

>Aerocab

Where you can get sunburnt on both arms

Rules for california.
>speed limit is 55 for trucks. There are no higher limits anywhere.
>you are not allowed in the lanes left of center. Exceptions will be clearly marked. Center lane on a 3 lane is iffy.
>there are very few low clearances. If it is unmarked you are probably fine.
>there are very few weight limited roads. Roads are restricted by local statute (no trucks residential, or on particular routes). If there's no signage you are more than likely fine. Don't cut through residential areas regardless.
>if you don't have a "certified clean idle" sticker don't be caught idling your truck.
LA specifically:
>there's almost no left turn signals on surface streets. Pull out and "own the intersection" on green. Complete your turn after it turns red.
>plan to have hours to get in and out. Parking is practically nonexistant.
>you CAN get there from here. The challenge is not finding connecting roads, it's keeping your cool in terrible traffic with jackasses everywhere.

>be me, pushing 10 hours of driving on this OD load
>consignee is 30 minutes away
>sun sets in 30 minutes
>this load delivers to a university farm
>which they keep gated and locked, for some reason
>some guy happens to be leaving and lets me in
>thank him and hurry in to park
>look up
>the sun is setting
>there are no lights on anywhere outside

g-good thing im not afraid of the dark, r-right, guys?

This pleases me. I laugh my balls off whenever I hit a bird.

Vernon, specifically.

Future serial killer psychopath right here

Thanks for the translation. Thats pretty much what ive been saying all along.

What do you mean "future"
;^)

>future
Fuck off 4wheeler. This thread is for truckers.