/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previous >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv
>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/DKMEDps2

Full resolution because OP doesn't know how to booru.

>bloodtinge

Neat

Yeah?

You say that like its a bad thing

ARC is still shit

Whats the best chalice dungeon there is in terms of depth, difficulty, and loot?

You have to be a bit more specific. Depth 5 FRC root dungeons are what most people farm gems from. Pthumeru for Radials, Isz for Triangles, Loran for Wanings usually. You could still find different shapes in different types though.

Playing through the game for the 4th time on a new character and I finally decided to clear out the area in yhargul before advent plaza with the poison-spitting Jack-in-the-box skeleton men, rather than just sprinting through it to TOR.

Holy shit lads, this game doesn't cease to impress me. I had no idea there would be a bath-teleporter up there.

Is the Kirkhammer any good before you start getting decent gems for it or should I just go rush for Logarius or the Whirligig at this point?

it's cool. remember to do some transform attack shenanigans for extra fun

As I'm using Adept gems I'm mostly just using it in 2H form, so will a double transform combo be worthwhile?

What are wanings?

Blunt damage isnt good late game if your worrying about PvE because alot of enemies have blunt resistance

I would use neutral gems so you can use the sword as well. Just to try to get into it, Kirk has a great flow. If you just press l1 and then instantly r1 you'll do a 'stab' with the hammer btw.

A gem shape.

The Crescent-shaped gem slot on some weapons. Every weapon usually has at least one version with that shape.

You're still shit

Any tips for beginner to PVP?

Not sure if this is common or not, but I was fighting at Mensis yesterday, and my attacks kept whiffing. As in, I'd hear the sound of my weapon making contact, but my opponent took no damage.

I'm guessing this is common? Latency? It wasn't for all my opponents.

Welcome to Fromsoft pvp.

Nah, basically you're shagged as far as PvP goes if this is an ongoing problem, servers can only do so much

Yeah, that happens all the time

Anyways, stop by the FC this Saturday and let us all curbstomp you. You'll have fun

In reality, just keep fighting. If this is your first time doing Soulsborne PVP ever, you're bound to be pretty shitty first time

>Ringing my Small Resonant Bell outside Ludwig's for random co-op
>Get summoned to some guy's world
>Moment I come in, do a Make Contact
>Immediately get blanked out by the host
Well fuck you too man

Please tell me we're gonna do some Halloween-themed FC's upcoming month

Everyone has to dress in
>graveguard hood
>yahar'gul garb
>yharnam hunter gloves
>graveguard skirt

Maximum spooky outfit

Yes please

I'd better see a beast build a month from now, lads.

And some silly Bone Ash Hunters.

Can someone quickly help a level 18 kill Amelia? I'm right next to the fog gate.

Password is: roodypoo

Yeah, lad. Give me a moment to go over.

I know that feel, after beating the game twice I had a cooperator teach me a few shortcuts that left me impressed

Thank you, based user!

Fear the old blood.

Glad to help!

>Fist of Gratia

I REALLY wish most of the weapons were available early in the game, or that after completing you could choose a new option to start with a weapon with your choice.
I'm the kind if autist who associates every character I have to a single weapon. No need to explain how bothersome this is if I want to create a, say, burial blade character.
This kills some of my motivation to create even more characters, although I do have ~5 already, but don't feel compelled to go through some of them.

I HATE CHALICE DUNGEONS
THEY ARE THE WORST
BORING, TEDIOUS, BLAND
UGH

FRC root chalices are fun. The rest suck.

>needing help with Amelia
>at any BL

I don't agree, but I know that feel.

Roots can be pretty fun, but they'll always be claustrophobic and slightly sameish.

That sounds really spooky

I'm in

>tfw Information on main menu has never been updated

Chalice dungeons could have been better it's true, but being able to just go out and fight monsters and bosses without having to stick to the storyline railroad is amazing.

If all we had was the main game and mensis PvP we'd be deader than Already Dead

Bloodborne is never getting patched again

If I kill BSB and go around back does that gate open without the Hunter Chief Emblem or do I still need to buy it and open it from the front if I want that specific gate opened?

You can open it from the other side without the emblem

What are those messenger icons right above the Depth/Area info for chalices for? I see a lot of dungeons have 1 or 2 while the Shared Fixed Dungeons have 5; is it the approximate population of the dungeon or something?

>be gehrman
>tell this dude to go to the top of the chapel
>he'll find the old Workshop there you say
>don't tell him he needs to leap into pitch black certain death to land at the door
>don't indicate in any way where he should jump from
>just tell him to go there

>srrc
>some dude fighting defiled hotdog
>he dies during the fight
>get message
>'can you pls help me I can't beat him'
>let'spurgevermin.jpg
>he dies several times
>give him some tips
>finally manage to beat hotdog
>'man you're the best thank you so much'
>tfw he will get absolutely destroyed by Amy

Anyone want to help a Lvl 43 through and 100%ing up to Ludwig? I need help killing Simon too. First time doing a skill/bloodtinge build too, it feels weird. Pass is my 'name'.

>tfw tomorrow you get a message
>'can u pls help me with amy i cant beat it'

oh fuck I'm about to cry

I download bloodborne to continue on my save and for some reason the online save is from december 2015. I had to reinstall the PS4 a month ago and it seems the auto-upload to cloud simply has not done shit since december, taking away almost an entire year of progress in chalice, pvp builds, pve builds and so on. I almost have to start entirely over

I'm crushed :(

>tfw im getting destroyed by Amy RIGHT NOW
fuck and I thought this boss was easy, chalice dungeons are pain

Getting new gems in the early game and watching your AR jump up is so satisfying.

Love the Forbidden Woods, but also, fuck the Forbidden Woods.

>tfw i dudnt use one until The One Reborn because i thought i couldnt unequip them and hadnt decided on a weapon yet
At least i got gud

>Love the Forbidden Woods
WHY
>fuck the Forbidden Woods
ok thats about right.

>tfw that second half with the snake pits
Fuck that. I just run through, grab the runes, and hightail it to Shadow of Yharnam

I think it's a really solid section of the game that just so happens to be designed in a way that stressed me out about everything.>Running to fight the Shadows
>One of the boars literally follows me all the way down the narrow passageway charging the whole time right up until I hit the fog gate
Fuck off already!

I think it's how popular they are, yeah. I once shared a decent-for-watcher-farming Isz here and it went to 5 messengers for a week or so, then dropped back to 1 when people went back to the old watcher farm (or maybe a new one, I forget)

>WHY
It's an extremely well designed area with a great atmosphere.

On the other hand, FUCK snake levels.

>I'M SOMEBODY'S MOMMY

Still need help with Ludwig?

It's like research hall, first you are completely lost but in the next playthrough you get from the lamp to shadows in 3 minutes.

No one can help with Simon as he's an NPC and co-op can't interact with them in any way, even Suspicious Beggar. Best thing they could do is heal you with a Choir Bell.

>even Suspicious Beggar
In his beast form?

That's strange considering cooperators CAN interact with and kill Djura.

Oh look, a twink needs help with the game.

>I-I just happen to be BL43 I-I'm not a twink I swear!

>fighting Djura
>his dialogue plays
>he dodges off the side of the building
>mfw as he falls, his dialogue starts fading away into the distance
MY FUCKING SIDES

Simon isnt tough, he mostly camps with his bow, stay in cover smack him till your outta stamina, get back in cover. Rinse and repeat. Just finished a build doing the same thing

Even his beast form, I've gone in twice now I think with people who have attacked him, he changes, and he remains untouchable.

It's weird about Djura, I guess it's because he's supposed to be default hostile or something, maybe.

I bet it's a trap to trick players into killing him.

I've already ran through the area and grabbed everything I could. I'll have a few goes at Ludwig but I doubt I'll he much use at the minute. Be there in 5 mins.

I cap all my builds at 140 faggot, including this one. Just happened to be the same level as the meta. I hate twinks. and executioners

Was I not supposed to kill him?

>tfw hotdog cancels an animation and almost kills you

meanwhile church hunters are using more BLT weapons than vilebloods

Was Micolash part of Byrgenwerth of Mensis? I'm assuming Mensis because his corpse is in Advent Plaza, Mensis Ritual HQ, but he's also wearing the Byrgenwerth student uniform. I know Mensis is Byrgenwerth 2.0, but how long has this lad been walking around?

Good Hunter of the Church,
Have you seen the light?
Are my Church Hunters the honorable Spartans I hoped they would be?

Well /bbg/?

The first time I saw that I was twitchy as hell after dying a gorillion times and attacked it instantly with no thought to what it might be, no idea I might be able to talk to it

inb4 'you were the true beast'

>Yes

The more I learn about Ludwiig the more I feel sorry for him.

Dude was like one of the few actually decent guys in a corrupt system that used him to cover their own tracks, and he never knew about it.

Did literally everyone play the dlc in ng+something except me?
Or did i just get insanely lucky?
I beat both Ludwig and Orphan first try with Sawblade, but Laurence was a nightmare and Maria took me 3 tries. And in the base game i nearly gave up on Bsb.
What is considered overlevelled? I was around 80

Ludwig deserves to rest, and I'm sure there's many church hunters who knew nothing about the evils perpetrated by the Choir and Mensis, who believed that in hunting beasts they did good.

Different bosses are hard for different people

With my first character I killed Laurence and Living Fayylures first try, thought Maria was decently tough but nothing special, but Ludwig and Orphan sodomized me for like a week straight

Ah, good...that is a relief.
To know I did not suffer such denigration for nothing.
Thank you kindly. Now I may sleep in peace.
Even in this darkest of nights, I see...the moonlight..."
;_;7

>Even in this darkest of nights, I see...the moonlight..."

"BLLLLGHH GHH GHH. BRRRRRRRRR NLKLLGGGGH GHH GHH. GHGHHHHGRHHH BBBBLLLLRRR BLLLRRR. BLBLBL."
;_;7

>CLANG
;_;7

Lets keep the shittposting to a minimum there bub

Hey man that is a direct quote from Ludwig himself.

He's an old tortured man who had genuinely noble goals.
So yes, let him rest.

I wonder if the moonlight sword is "evil" pretty sure its what caused his transformation. Also the second head might be the sword manifesting itself?

And step away from my castle!

His transformation was caused by the same shit that caused all beast transformations, ayy blood. The more you struggle, the more horrifying the transformation is. He struggled harder than anybody and sword helped him to regain his consciousness even in beast form. Pretty sure that thing is not evil.

Sorry i meant evil as in how a great ones actions cant be understood.

Merciless Watchers are the only boss that gives me issues and I don't know why.

I'm legitimately angry.

When determining a weapon's AR when using Elemental Gems, does the weapon's Arc scaling replace the attribute scaling modifiers, or is it simply added into the equation? Same for the saturation modifiers.

Uncanny or Lost bowblade?

bcuz u cant parry
so just learn to parry

To be fair, if he has base SKL then FRC watchers are still annoying to visceral to death.

if str,arc,bt you got the reach to destroy them without parries or a follow up r2 or r1 after a parry would still do great damage. They only have like 4000hp.