/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

ESO lore edition
Elder Thread >Official news
Shadow of the Hist DLC is out! (on consoles now too!)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel/Update12 announced (October):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=soKDyDjc3KQ
eso-fashion.com/bow-comparison-tier-1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for best race.

So is the fact OP's book look like it does some sort of elaborate ruse due to it being associated with the Order of the Hour? Like, It's not written yet but once it's written it will have been written all the time?

I'd actually watch an elder scrolls movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=soKDyDjc3KQ

Haven't actually watched these since any of these since before the game came out, pretty good hype material for revamped craglorn.

Except the Lagfest that is pvp is hardly as fun or cool as that.

Most likely, what's even weirder is that in the editic memory library there's no OoH style. It's under something Akatosh with a red question mark

oh look, OP forgot to update guild leader for PC EU AGAIN

i've never used a bow in a pvp build before
how do i make a stronk archer character

What am I doing wrong that this game just isn't fun?
In no other MMO has tanking been this annoying
In no other MMO did I need to deal more dps than hps as healer

Why not just pull a GW2 no-roles on this crap desu

>In no other MMO did I need to deal more dps than hps as healer
You still don't

I think you might be playing healer wrong.

have you considered that you're just bad?

No just actually making use of the infinite magicka during times with little damage.

Well yeah if dps happen to be not garbage.

You dont - pure archers are a half-ass gank build that has too many weaknesses.

then what's a build where I can take a guy out before he realizes he's being attacked from stealth and preferably a range

>In no other MMO has tanking been this annoying
desu this is the first MMO where tanking is actually fun for me. so many ways to go about builds, and no AoE taunts means you have to pay much more attention

you just go full divines, full weapon damage, no regen, use lethal arrow and pray to jesus that you actually manage to kill the guy, because if you don't then it's game over

Tanking bosses is tiringly easy and trash mobs don't really need to be tanked, but when you don't wanna look bad you gotta jump around like an idiot even though noncritical mobs dont really hurt the group, alternatively you gotta swap back and forth between dps and tanky specs between every boss fight. It's stressful and imo no fun to perform well, but if you don't it doesn't matter either.
Comparing tanking to healing or dpsing it's way too easy and the game tries to make it challenging in all the wrong ways.

>he only tanks normal dungeons

Yeah totally gonna rant about the game without ever having seen the endgame...

started playing not long ago, im level 7 or some shit, really liked the crafting system in the game. is this game worth my time if im not gonna invest in eso plus or how that shit is called

Of course

so, who *is* the PC EU guild leader?

Noob question:

I've noticed that the amount of champion points appears to be endless. Does this game have an endless grind? Does your potential power scale directly with your amount of champion points? Or are points past 160 just excessive?

Endless but no further benefit beyond CP 531

yet

531 is max usable points for now on Oct 5 its 561

>I permablock and offer nothing to my team but a brick wall
Buff your fucking group man, cc the mobs, you don't swap between dps and tank setup every fucking fight, what the point when you can just buff your dd's dps, you know the people designed and build to do the fucking damage. Go around the group of mobs and/or boss ccing them into a small area so your dds can shove all the aoes down on them all and not have the mobs be running around then debuff them with maim and fracture, rotating shield every 6 second because it gives you ult gen and the 5k extra shield for everyone is just a plus then you use that ult to spam warhorns every fight giving everyone like 2-4k extra resources on all their resources.

You don't need to tell me how to tank, I know it well enough, thanks.
My point is, it's a fucking hassle, not the fun it is in other games. If I wanted all of that shit I'd rather play dd, which I do now anyway.

Past 531 is pointless as of now. They take more and more xp to get. It takes 812,000 xp to get 1 CP for me and my enlightenment is tiny.

Yea. The crafting bags you get with eso plus wasn't a thing before half a year back so people crafted without them by storing mats on mules. And the DLC is basically just additional content, not required content.

>Tanking bosses is tiringly easy and trash mobs don't really need to be tanked
This is how I know you're full of shit, a common Crematorial Guard can easily kill your 16k health teammates in seconds if you don't tank them or tank them wrongly.

So can most bosses, regardless, nearly all of them require more effort from a healer or dd than they do from a tank.

>dd is harder than tank
eso forum is that way

another retard question

Tell me, are those guild skill lines worth enough to invest time on?

Yes, mages guild sklll line have meteor and inner light that are very useful for mag classes. Fighters guild has dawnbreaker and trap that are really useful for stam classes.

noted, but what about undaunted, DB, Thieves guild?

Point is that your claim that "trash mobs don't really need to be tanked" is bunk.

Undaunted - get the passives

DB and TG I haven't invested into, but I heard blade of woe can be useful

undaunted, the passives and a mag taunt are useful though it seems like every tank is stam. Db is mostly BoW and dealing with heat. Thieves' guild's the same only with getting better prices for stolen stuff and losing heat. Also helping with stealth through some mild passives.

BoW is more important over tg. Undaunted takes a real long while before OT comes out.

Most don't, it's exceptionally optional in this game, of course there's always ones that do as much as there's mobs/bosses that can't be tanked. But they make up such a small portion that they're not worth mentioning in particular.

watch zergbad on twitch, he's either playing one shot two hander or one shot archer build.

What's the best PvP dual weapons combo for stam? Sharpened maces, axes, or swords?

Swords or daggahs. Axe+dagger is maelstrom only

Thanks, what enchants should I put on them?

Okay, I'm going with weapon/spell damage and disease, that seems safe enough.

>Defend against a poplocked EP moving as a single zerg for over an hour
>Running at like 14fps with a ping high enough that you have to pre-empt your need for a cleanse several minutes before you need it
>Get like 3k AP total
>Lose everything anyway
Fun

lol I'm on the EP side. Feels good.

What kind of things are "cancer" in PvP?

Anything that beats your build.

Low effort, high reward builds that relies on running around with 20 other people.

B-but that's me being a healslut

Using any set, skill, or potion that's actually good.

Can a stamblade substain themselves relying only on class skills? How do I get health back without using the executes?

Play PVP thing.

How the hell do join in an Arena group?

Ask to get invited. By arena I assume the arena in Kvatch.

You gotta get vigor from pvp cause you know, who doesn't like to be forced to do soemthing?

Oh well, at least stamblades are called gankblades for a reason.

Stamina, magicka, the skill lines, stealth, pvp in general

Any cool dudes on NA PC DC willing to craft me a full set of armor?

Depends on what you want

Write down what level gear, sets and style you want

Everything. I have no idea how you make an MMO with PvP that's so great and so shitty at the same time.

I would like 5 medium 2 heavy a bow and a greatsword. As for sets I'd like 5 morkuldin and 3 hundings or 5 hundings 3 nights silence. It would all be level 50 since its gonna be what I'm using till 160.
Style doesn't matter since I use a costume. But for weapons Id like to know what the crafter can make and figure it out from there.

I can pay for it however you want.

I can do 5 hundings 3 nights silence. Also, which traits do you want on your pieces?

I don't have all motifs learnt, so it would probs be better if you check this out and list the motifs you prefer in order eso-fashion.com/bow-comparison-tier-1/

>I can pay for it however you want.
If you provide the mats, I'll do it for free

>It would all be level 50 since its gonna be what I'm using till 160.
Jesus fuck
Why the fuck did they get rid of the Veteran system?

PvP is a struggle to play anymore. When will there be new PvP content? I want off the zerg train.

Because it filled absolutely no function and was just unnecessary grind once champion points got introduced?

Getting rid of the veteran system was the best thing they ever did.

Can you add me ingame @CouchT or we can use the /esog/ discord? I feel like that would be easier. My name on the discord is Futon.

I'll whisper you ingame

Most likely after the One Tamriel patch. I'm assuming that's when we'll get housing, battlegrounds and reworked class balances.

Since they are making Craglorn a solo zone, are any of the DLC group zones? or did they get rid of that because magsorcs are too powerful

> Because magsorcs are too powerfull

Passive aggressive remark because all I know is turning to shit
Magsorcs were the shit and now its "stamina sorcs" which are probably as retarded as they sound
I come back to finish the coveted veteran zones and instead face the same level and difficulty enemy for like 8 zones in a row, all of which are now more powerful than the craglorn mobs which used to fuck peoples shit up
and now apparently Craglorn is becoming a solo zone, that's just the icing on the cake I mean I'm pretty sure the whole fucking zone was MADE for groups

You can't lie to me Eric

>I'm pretty sure the whole fucking zone was MADE for groups
user Craglorn was made to be a fucking graveyard since there was no goddamn reason to do it outside of getting access to trials and the arena.

Sorcs were OP so the nerfs were bound to happen. Sure it's overnerfed now but that's bound to be fixed sooner or later.

My opinion on a start to fixing pvp
>remove increase range of highest range skills
keep the alliance passive where you have an increase if near a keep that one is fine, fuck snipe spammers
>any straight dmg proc sets should be 25% of the tooltip
maybe even 10%, fuck dmg procs sets they are the fucking noobtube of eso
>remove the RD dmg tick before the animation is there
other than that RD is fine once you remove the increase pvp range, it's a good counter skill to roll-dodge, it's just scrubs will sit behind 20 people and wait for the killing blow.
>obligatory buff mag
don't nerf stam, just buff mag
>remove aoe cap
seriously zos stop enabling zergs, at least they're getting rid of doors on towers
>remove soul assult
shit already going to be cancer, I heard one of the devs already told someone on twitter next patch is going to be a beam game, that shit hits you for like 20k+ pvp dmg in 2 seconds and has no counter but to block, no use for anyone but zergling that going to sit in pack of 50 spamming that on anyone who even comes close.

>try find this recent ama that people have been talking about
>find it
>all the top questions are what can I buy from crown store and give us cosmetic and restyles
reddit not even once

you forgot the nerfs to one hand and shield

>mfw these two really shit noob tanks in my guild constantly discussing tank builds, not once talking about tava and calling ebon shit
>every time you try to put them right and give them honest advice that comes straight from every fucking vet trial tank you'll ever fucking talk they just don't even acknowledge it and continue on like they are speaking god's word and they constantly on the pulse of the endgame tank meta
>even posting black rose links like "this is a sick pve tank set :D"
>at one point one of them posted that they have 40k resistance
baka irl, kill me

Yeah that shit ain't great, think I'm try med arm 1h/s build next patch

You don't. You get bloodletter and execute but those suck and stamblades are extremely squishy.
You have to go play the awful that is pvp for vigor.

>vigor
>hard to get
>gankblade
have it like 2 hours with a stamblade you get like 1k+ every kill becasue you just gank people as they are riding to the battle.

>48k dps parses
i like this
>sorcs r weak
meme

That and nobody takes stam dd's to hardmode vMoL

Anyone know if there a big jump after 531 in terms of xp gain per champ point because it's over cap?

Just wondering if would be better to grind to 561 now or after patch.

>guild lost its vendor
smdfh tbf

You still get enlightenment fairly often and a lot of it. But it will be even faster once the cap is raised.

Fair I was just thinking as the xp per point goes up the higher you are maybe there like a massive jump in that once you're over whatever the current cap is.

Does this ever go on sale?

Thought about buying this but don't feel like paying 50 EUR right now because >europoor.

dlgamer (dot) eu

You sure you're not looking at the gold edition, that just came out with all the but one of the dlc? Which you can also get from green man gaming for 15% off.

I was looking at the gold edition, thinking that I just won't get The Full Experience™ if I buy only the base game.

Or is the DLC not that relevant?

I'm laughing my ass off because I just acquired a set of vipers and black rose and now my stam nb is kicking everyone's asses.

you've can go through most of the game without them and you can get the dlc package for 5500 crowns from the cash store, you'll have to find out what that is in your currency, should be on official site somewhere. If you take your time and enjoy the levelling process, doing all the quests and such in zones, exploring and having fun you should get a good month or so out the game.

A'ight, thanks champ.

I bought the base game last year and I've been playing on and off for almost a year now I think. I've done everything in DC areas, most of the stuff in AD areas, pretty much first two zones in EP areas and I've only bought one DLC so far and there is a shitton of stuff I haven't done from base game.

ESO has a ton of base game content and I don't think I am gonna try to do the whole thing. I might buy orsinium dlc myself for more content and maelstorm arena.

>tfw you finally get to a quest where someone recognizes that you're a goddamn werewolf

I mean sure, it's not something you'd logically advertise but it was killing me during that one village of werewolves quest that I couldn't be like "Hey, I'm one too, I totally understand guys."

I wish they would recognize it more too
Yesterday I did a quest where it was "Kill these 3 guys and disguise the wounds to make it look like a werewolf caused them!"
Naturally i transformed into a werewolf and fucked them up
but nope, i still had to use the werewolf paw on their dead bodies