/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3169

Sad Hanako Edition

Previous thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version: pastebin.com/weL41ehu
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB
Writebin: pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes: mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink: writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mP6LCQc0I8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

for Miki

SHE! SHG has abandoned us! No more Sad Hanako art!! The end is neigh!!

Also nth for Lilly

What a shitty drawing

Then look into an entire man's mind to see what God has thought of.

Hope you plan to do something productive today /ksg/

Has SHG actually ever drawn a sad Hanako? They all seem smiling/blushing in his art

And If it's his edition then someone should post what he normally posts, I don't have it

Wait I just got it from one of the previous threads

Do movies count man?

I haven't seen one, but he's refrenced older drawings that he may or may not have saved.

Told you he passed out.

Nah.
How about you? got some plans?

Nth for headpat!

And is this edition for me? Or am I just reading too much into this?

Hey user, I'm not "Guy who's all about Sad Hanako's", I'm "Guy who's sad, who likes Hanako"!

I should probably change my name due to me not being as sad as I was, but I feel like it would be confusing if I did, and Kyoto looks too much like Kenji, who already has Kenjibro

There you are. People were a bit concerned you didn't say bye.

Yeah I went out for a little bit, but it's nearly midnight so I do actually got to go. Thanks for letting me know Ken

Goodnight /ksg/ love you all, and have a great week!

Nope, unless you are making movies, that is

Aside from work, not much. Weather is really bad outside but I may write an image crawler for gelbooru if I feel up to it

Oh there you are! Undertaker said you're not working on anything until you get your computer back, is that true?

Night!

Alright, see you around, SHG.

>image crawler
What's that?

Night man, hope no one kills you in your sleep.
>Nope
Oh well man, I've at least I've done something productive today already.

Goddammit I miss you every time!
Well night dude

A program that automatically downloads images from a given website, so if I wanted to download all pictures of Emi from gelbooru.com without having to manually click and download each image, I can do so with a click of a button.

Ah, neat.
Always good to be keen on coding.

Gotta get around earlier, man.

The euros are gone once again... everyone, you know the drill.

hide

No need to hide, man.

Youuu!!
Goodnight dewd
where are you at with the weather? East coast?
He said it himself last thread, if you wanna look. :p something about input lag.
B-but you still have your American brothers!!

No hiding man, we shall remain stronger than them. Hold the pride for your country man.

Yep, east coast is right, NJ to be specific. It doesn't look too bad right now though.

Crapawa Shitjo is not a game.

Oh, I just heard about the train that crashed into the station over there. Hope you and yours are doing well! Do you get to visit New York often? Do they really sell big apples?
That storm is headed right my way haha looking at the weather, should strike in a few hours.

Hey, Ken, did you say you had a pic to show me? You could post it here, or send me a link on DA if you like.

Oh, it was just this.

BUTT!

I'm doing alright, thanks for asking, I don't visit NY too often, but I have a couple of times. The view looks great, but the terrible traffic makes going through it unfun. Not sure if they do sell big apples, but I do know that they have a kickass place that sells Greek food, it's been a long time though... What state do you live in if you don't mind me asking?

A big one, too.

No problem, I enjoy hearing about others days. Are you a run-bro, or just an Emi one?
I'm in Illinois, right by Chicago! Lol the other titanic city, that if a movie isn't happening in New York AND it's not about Latinos, then chances are it's happening here.
Plz keep going, my Emi folder is seriously lacking
It has now occurred to me that I am the sir-mix-a-lot of ksg. I do not know how to respond to this revelation.

Well, you like lots of big things, not just butts.
If you needed Emi you could've asked me, too.

Yea, I really love big hearts

I try to go outside and do something for 30 min-1hr every day whether it is running or walking, in either case I'm definitely an Emi-bro. Got her good ending when I first played the game, she has always motivated me since. I was in Chicago once a while back for a day, seems like an interesting place to live. You a fan of Lilly I take it?

That sounds very nice! I did running for a while, did the couch to 5K stuff, but I stopped after about 8 weeks because I just kinda stopped hitting a grove with it and never really picked it back up.
Yea, I'm a big Lilly fan heh, but Emi is a close second for me. For a long time, those were the only two routes I completed, until I did Hanako after a long time. I love her spunk and determination.

Yea, it's not easy to stay motivated, some days I only end up walking the entire time, but at least I still get some fresh air. Haven't done Lilly's route yet, only Hanako's after a few month of first playing the game. It didn't resonate with me that well though, maybe it was because I played Emi's route blind (without a walkthrough) and it felt more emotional for me because of that.

That's exactly what I've tried downloading my every time haha it's a lot more satisfying to follow your heart.

>I've never played hanako's or rin's route

Good man.

>some days I only end up walking the entire time, but at least I still get some fresh air

I really feel you there. I hate cardio, but if it's something that you consistently work it, you start seeing the improvement.

oops and forgot my trip

>it felt more emotional for me because of that.
I agree. Best way to go, even though not all routes were successful for me.

Searching for Emi*

Ready

Finally finished Rin's alpha route. I liked it a better than her regular route but I don't know. I think the problem is that we don't get much actual Rin in them. Even though alpha didn't sink quite so low, the focus is still the same: her being forced into doing something she doesn't want/isn't ready for. People trying to make her something she isn't. We only really see Rin being her true self in the first act and a half and the end of the last act. She's not some depressed, desperate workaholic; she's a chill girl who paints in an effort to be understood, a wandering mind that can see what others can't, even if she struggles to see what others can. I want to like her, but the author really wants me to hate her.

Anyway, now that I've explored Rin as much as I can, which should I do next? Lily or Hanako? Should I bother with Shizune at all? She really didn't interest me in the intro

Yea for sure, Emi's route in this game was the only one I played blind, all other games I was always too scared of getting a bad ending to play without some walkthrough, maybe I was feeling extra brave that day.

I hear that it takes only a month or two of consistency to get a habit ingrained, it only took me 1 month to completely kick soda and replace it with water a few years back, it sucked at the time but now I can't even take a single sip of soda without it tasting like some super concentrated sugar syrup. Running has proven to be much harder for me though

>Anyway, now that I've explored Rin as much as I can, which should I do next? Lily or Hanako?
do you mean more alpha routes, or in general

lilly's own alpha route is sort of different but not extremely different from her final route, so you may want to give it a skip and only do her final route, or maybe do both.
hanako's final route is definitely not worth doing, only her alpha route.

Lilly route best route. Irish, back me up here.

I'm really trying to capture Act 1s Rin in all of my writings, given that that's the Rin that Rin-bros are so attached to and many say she's like a different person in the actual route. She's actually pretty difficult to write haha so I get why there's no real fanfic, at least that I know of, centered on her after-story. I haven't made too much progress the last few days because I don't want to force it lol but there's a part where it's like "okay, so how does she get from A to B?"

Some scenes were better but it was pretty similar, I hear. Haven't done it yet, myself.
>Rin being her true self in the first act and a half
Act 1 Rin is best Rin. Though there is something to be said for the pressures of her life building up.
>which should I do next?
For Alpha? Hanako's and Shizune's are usually recommended, as there's a lot of differences to the Release version, don't take it all too seriously though. I got some feels reading those I might be a bit sensitive though.

>maybe I was feeling extra brave that day.
Maybe, I would never forgive myself for going to a guide, though.

LOAD "EMI",8,1

Can't get enough of her.

Some would say I was pretty good at writing Rin.
It's all about trying to get in that mindset, something like immersion.
>centered on her after-story
Not any long ones. There's prologue stuff though.
>"okay, so how does she get from A to B?"
Wander and then get to point B eventually.

I was looking for RUN, actually.

>spoiler
Shit, that was a great setup that went right over my head.

Lol well it's a bit of a... Let's say there's a baited interest in her looking for someone exactly, and to do so in a timely manner

nah, regular. I only looked into alpha to see if it could supply the Rin I wanted since her regular route left such a bad taste in my mouth. It was like eating shit, and then alpha rin was like eating wood. Better, but still not really good.

Guess I'm doing Lily next anyway

I've been considering writing some Rin content to fill the void that the original authors left me with. For whatever reason These routes have left me thinking of the black rock shooter short anime series, with people's personalities clashing against eachother in the literal sense so maybe something like that. Or another idea I had is that Hisao gets trapped in Rin's mind, essentially. There's no real setup or explanation, he just wakes up in a world that doesn't quite make sense, Rin's the only one there, they hang out for a bit, and eventually Hisao decides that it's not so bad being here with rin, even if the trees move around when you're not looking at them and doors never lead where they logically should; if you don't mind it, it won't mind you. I'd consider writing a more reasonable replacement route but I don't think such a plain setting could hold my interest enough for me to write something for it.

That mind sharing idea sounds really cool, it could set up a real contrast between the two if you somehow made it both of their minds, with Hisaos being all based in logic and reason and Rin's staircases to nowhere and cards building houses

>Lilly route best route

Well of course.

There was a blinking cursor, even.
C64 BASIC is the only code I ever learned, way back as a kid, fun times.

This is Rin, though, she might have some trouble without drugs or a time machine.

Sounds like some Psychonauts stuff. Pretty rad.

I probably missed it because I was too busy geeking out over finding someone in /ksg/ who knows Commodore shit.The C128 I learned how to computer on is just sitting at my parent's house and now I want it.

Good night /ksg/, see you tomorrow.

G'night buddy

Well I hope I can geek out too. Mah nigga!
My old C64 components are still sitting next to me now. Haven't had a direct need for it for a while though. Got a little bit more life out of the monitor, it uses the standard RCA connectors so it's still usable with any game console that's compatible with that. It's a unique feeling to play an advanced console through a monitor that might be 30 years old or more.
If you still want a Commodore you may be able to find some models in a flea market for cheap, that's where I get my stuff. Alternatively, Commodore USA produced a PC case in 2011 that is an awesome replica of the original keyboard, but I just found out the company closed in 2014 so it might be hard to find now.

See you around, man.

Oh man, if only the 1084S monitor we had when I was a kid hadn't burnt out years ago I'd bust out some 80 column awesomeness. The last time I powered it up the disk drive had failed, rendering the hundreds of disks I've got useless. Every time I find a decent deal on a disk drive it falls through.

I remember seeing that when it first launched, didn't know they folded. Bummer.

>Every time I find a decent deal on a disk drive it falls through.
They are usually pretty old, so there is some risk. That's why I've got a few components here, most of them only 'mostly' work.
I dream of a Commodore version of KS, it's definitely possible to do something like that, too bad VNs weren't a thing back then, the closest I've got is Strip Poker.

Yeah, I need to build up a parts stock. I've got plenty of old parts, it's just all DOS stuff.

>spoiler
I feel like the Commodore would actually be a great platform for a VN. It'd probably be pretty easy to port, although the artwork might be tricky.

emi a best

Artwork's fine, it takes up a lot of data but nobody ever complained about a multi-disk Commodore game.
>Comfort Misha [Y/N]?

>Insert Katawa Shoujo DISK 1 and press ENTER
>Loading
>Insert Katawa Shoujo DISK 3 and press ENTER

>Still talking about this VN.

Hey there Sky.

Hey Kenji. Just checking in.
Tonight's going to be rough, 10 days drug free and 3 weeks sobriety down the drain.

Going back to the vices, eh? That's rough.
I've been going for almost 3 weeks, too.

>"Don't apologize... please don't apologize..."
>Insert Katawa Shoujo DISK 5 and press ENTER
I'd hope whoever might port this would try to avoid ruining important scenes with a disk change.

Thats rough indeed. What brings you off the wagon?

>spoilers
That might take some crafty arranging. I can't recall a multi-disk game that did it quite right.
I also just realized I think it's RETURN instead of ENTER.

Rough week at work tbqh.
Had to sleep overnight to get shit done.
Alright bye bye, I'm going out on the town.

>spoiler
You're probably right, it's been a while.

Shit sucks man. Good luck to ya, you do what you need to do.

will to live finally depleted
don't think i'm gonna last to see halloween
please remember me

Please last indefinitely user.
I don't really have any valid reason to ask that of you, but I would like it regardless.
youtube.com/watch?v=9mP6LCQc0I8

If you're already looking a month out, you'll probably see halloween. Hopefully in the interim you'll realize that although life fucking blows, it might be worth giving a seeing through.

>will to live finally depleted
no
you return again to the beginning
detach yourself from the world
attain nothingness
become zero
grasp of the cosmos
enjoy chrysanthemum tea

there's nothing left for me here
thanks for the sentiment i guess

you're right, a month is optimistic

if all that means the sweet release of death sign me up

Don't kill yourself man, I don't think it'll be much different afterwards either. Just live for something new man, then you may find something to live for.

Goodnight /ksg/

Keep being awesome!

Goodnight user, sleep cozy.

Go out at night and stare at some streetlights.
There's a lot of beauty in the world if you pay attention to the mundane.

Good night lad, sleep well

And good morning /ksg/.
Friday! Morning. 10 moure hours until freedom time. I swear if someone tries to wake me up early this weekend I'll bite.

Night man, and you keep being awesome.
Evening man, how are you, anything good happen recently?

Good morning pol-man.

Nah, same ol except for the fact it's friday and I can laze out tomorrow.

Morning!

>Nah
Hopefully something good happens soon then man, and it's always nice to time to be lazy.

hope you're energized enough to take on the last day of the week. Is it due to be a calm one, at least?

No idea, honestly

Hopefully calm, then.

I'm getting tired. Gonna wrap up my Hurfstone dailies then pass out.
Bedtime for me, goodnight ksg.

Don't pass out on a hard surface. Night Kenji, sleep well

LILY

All girls is best!

Except Shizune. She's a mean thing.