/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Good friends edition

Last thread >Latest News

>Skullgirls News
Skullgirls Mobile is providing new intros that is being added to the main game
twitter.com/kinucakes/status/779620247447797760
A new balance patch is being worked and tested on in the Endless Beta version of Skullgirls.
New build at every biweekly tournament called Salty!
Patch notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1ajPnJzly4YziSAoSjYIqRkukq3806UBNNmM1zc77dIo

>Indivisible News
New free PS4 theme with a new song
youtube.com/watch?v=NwJ00RVgBGw

>News Feeds
twitter.com/indivisiblerpg
twitter.com/skullgirls
twitter.com/sgmobile

>Official Forums
skullheart.com

>Skullgirls Stuff
Public Discord Chat: discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In
Official Art and Lore Wiki: skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Skullgirls_Wiki
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242
Steam Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/245170/guides
Outdated SRK Wiki: wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
Just go to training mode and set "Attack Data" to "Advanced" for frame data
/sgg/(rip) Album: mediafire.com/download/9b02vpj9vvot9x2/sgg album.zip
SG Mobile Site: hiddenvariable.com/skullgirls
Official Merch: eightysixed.com/collections/skullgirls
More Official Merch: sanshee.com/collections/skullgirls

>Indivisible Stuff
Official YT: youtube.com/channel/UCSvJctUjDhlGS3jFwlhSB-g
Kickstarter: indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/updates
Official Site: indivisiblegame.com
Forums: skullheart.com/index.php?forums/indivisible.103
Main theme(WIP): youtube.com/watch?v=mTFmaDYfKBk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c6RNX28CGBU&t=9m26s
reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/54n9te/skullgirls_get_gr8_weekly_post_week_of_1012016/
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59233054
skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/sglatam-trifulca-en-el-ring-3.9179/#post-379479
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for squigly is best skullgirl

Which Skullgirl is the most huggable?

Which character is best against Zoners

double

Big band because he uses hyperarmor

Which kind of zoning?

I feel like general mobility can get around standard zoning like fukua's. But zoning from Pcock and Robo is easier with things like armor or reflectors.

Personally I think Eliza's the simplest/easiest to counter with since she can boat through all of it or literally walk Sekhmet right through it if she wants. Can also call Albus or Horus to block some of it or grab the zoner from anywhere on the ground. Just can't make your approach too obvious.

Most characters have answers to zoners, it's more about how well you can get around the projectiles as a player.

good stuff shuckle

If you end your PBGC inputs for reflector with 4, you'll never fuck it up and die.

6 2 3, 4+LP means that if you time it well you get LP, and if you time it wrong you get PBGC 4, which is block.

Something I think you'll appreciate.

Valentine seems to do really well.

Oops, you end it with 3, not 4.
4 clears the DP input with that change, but 3 is still safe.

Does that work for all PBGC inputs on specials, or just certain ones like DP?

Comrades join the battle!

Any special yeah.
You can do QCF and end it in 3 to prevent it.

>Zoners
I see way too many peacock, umbrella and fukua teams online

>umbrella

Fuck I meant parasol
I'm too tired

>Look at that Big Band combo
>Look how pretty that is
>removes it
what did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=c6RNX28CGBU&t=9m26s

@ around 9:26

fall brings out all of the pretty colors

why does she wear the eyepatch

Who? Those ladies don't wear eyepatches. You must be asking about Annie wears the eyepatch because her eye is in Sagan's mouth. Sagan's a remote parasite I believe, like Muse is for Taliesin.

>artism.
she legit looks artistic though

Sangmu is cute. CUTE. I'm glad she's definitely gonna end up playable.

>I'm glad she's definitely gonna end up playable.
source?

I can't remember the exact source, but I remember her being one of either Alex's or Mike's favorites.

well I remember reading that their favorites didn't get in skullgirls

That's because there are a lot of SG characters outside of the Core plot, and each SG character requires a budget covering multiple months of work, way beyond their scope for its release roster. Two of the DLC characters were decided by us anyway.

Safe to assume for Indiv, they've budgeted to ensure that at least the characters they really want playable will end up so. There's no fan voting to get in the way either.

But I hope they can all end up playable. I really want to see the full range of move ideas and team attacks they can come up with.

definitely not Valentine. fuckin kiidnapper

I want to cuddle this fatass nun

Your sins will have NO absolution!

Um hello, i bought this game during the humble bundle stars sale. I tried to play but a lot of the time i cannot find anyone or when i can they are too strong. Do people play in ranked or casual more. And can i get the dlc characters without paying 20

>i cannot find anyone or when i can they are too strong
add all of those that are your level or lower if you can
also join the discord and beginner groups like get gr8

>Do people play in ranked or casual more.
right now there's beta testing going on for a new balance patch is splitting up the numbers abit but it's much easier to find people in ranked. again, add all the people you find that are you level or you enjoyed playing against and hit up some longer casual sets with them

>And can i get the dlc characters without paying 20
yeah it's cheaper to buy them one by one stead of getting them all from the 2nd encore upgrade

you're going to miss out on some single player stuff though like voiced story mode, challenges and I think trials too

you can also try out all the dlc characters for free in the beta version of the game

here's a link for Get Gr8
reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/54n9te/skullgirls_get_gr8_weekly_post_week_of_1012016/

there are a lot of beginners in that steam group you can play with, and they also do a weekend stream where they match people up

for the DLC, you might unfortunately not have access to the beta since some people that bought from humble have apparently had problems getting it to work. give it a try if you can.
but user's advice still applies, you can save a lot by buying the DLC characters separately if you're eager to get them. there are also a lot of sales.

keep in mind that you do not get a discount on 2nd Encore later for buying the DLC characters separately tho, since with that DLC you're paying for the extra modes and voiced story mode.

Is it just impossible to jump forward and block online or something. I never jump forward neutrally

you can block while jumping forward but you can't block while airdashing

I'm not even playing an airdashing character, I just go "okay, jump forward and block" but I get hit by fucking anything all the time.

Go into training, turn on hitboxes and inputs and just see what you're doing wrong.

turn on advanced hitboxes and input display and then use slow motion to see if you're really blocking or not

oh yeah, some moves are unblockable to you while rising from the jump like cerebella's excellabella ground to air hitgrabs and big band's medium/hard a-trains that are also ground to air hitgrabs

That dress looks amazing

she's very artistic!
it's nice because there weren't many artsy characters in LZ lore before,
other.than singers, mechanics, and acrobats

can't wait to hear her lines once we hit that goal.
I hope so!

Does anyone have any tips for trying to do the combos in 2nd encore?
also what do you guys look for when choosing a main?

Play the turtorial, train against the CPU in training mode with slo mo activated and inputs on display

real question, does slow mo actually help people practice combos in any fighting game? Combos I can do easy at 1x speed just become harder at anything slower because my timings are off and learning the timings at a slower speed fucks me up when I go to a normal speed. I've only found it useful when checking to see if there even exists a timing to get something to confirm correctly, but once I know it's possible, I have to actually learn to preform it in regular speed.

Slomo is only really good if you have trouble seeing the inputs in real time

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59233054

Slow-mo really helped me out at the start while I was still getting used to my controls.
I'll still use it on occasion if I'm trying to figure out the best times to do an input, like when to start charging or how long to delay a hit. 75%-50% gives me that little extra time to think, and figure out my gameplan, then I practice it at normal speed.

Slow-mo helped me figure out how to do Bella's instant Pummel Horse during a combo, for example.

Did you know Eliza is cute?

Prove it.

Carol is cuter

how can she be cute when she has a spooky skeleton inside her

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with this if it wasn't made in MS Paint.

proof?

Who is best loli?

umbrella

bb had the worst matchup in the game against robo's zoning apparently

It's still a pretty hard matchup for him even with the beta parry buff.

How exactly did they buff it anyways, did they just make the window of opportunity bigger?

>A bunch of parry improvements:
>When parrying any projectile, Big Band moves forward and carries over some forward velocity. >He moves forward less if he parries projectiles created by supers.
>Inputting a D parry during the cooldown from an F parry, or an F parry during the cooldown of a D parry, resets the cooldown of the opposite parry. In other words, F parry -> D parry = both recover at the same time, instead of F recovering earlier. Fixes F,D,F,D,F,D… against projectiles.
>Time before joystick must be released or parry is invalid 7f->12f.
>Pressing other directions during a successful parry animation will not invalidate any existing parry inputs.
>Can now parry ALL projectiles AND assist with either F or D on the ground AND in the air. (Still must parry the point correctly with F or D on the ground, and F in the air.)
>Can now dash during the recovery of a successful parry, after the hitstop.

Cheers user

>>Time before joystick must be released or parry is invalid 7f->12f.
what does this mean

>Can now parry ALL projectiles AND assist with either F or D on the ground AND in the air.
does this mean he can low parry an assist's overhead

Why is there a Maxim Tomato in her hair?

>what does this mean
I think it's referring to negative edge, releasing the direction counting as input.
>does this mean he can low parry an assist's overhead
yep, input-wise, but you still have to watch the Point

Source on that art

skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/sglatam-trifulca-en-el-ring-3.9179/#post-379479

So some developers are apparently starting to talk about the NX, but has anybody mentioned specs yet?

C'mon Nintendo, pls don't be short on RAM again. I at least want the /hope/ of a LZ port on a Nintendo console.

NX is going to be a portable device and portables all have shit processors and ram (see vita)

Its gonna have less power than the wiiu

mucho bueno

You're probably right. dammit Nintendo!

What sucks is that the media, as always, is acting all hype about it, regardless of how shitty it ends up being.
Sad that nextgen Nintendo probably won't even match the specs of my 8 year old PC.

>8 year old pc

Stop investing in shit consoles and get yourself a better pc

a PC that lasts for 8 years is ok

That's the funny thing though, all this time I've never felt like I /had/ to get a better PC. My work software, emulators, and Indie games (which I end up playing more often anyway) all run great on it, including Skullgirls.

Heck, PCs in general have probably been the most stable platform for like, the last decade. Especially once we started having more machines with SSDs and RAM in the double digits.

I was getting consoles mainly for the exclusives, and I guess the nostalgia, but recently just keep finding myself getting disappointed with them. NX was the last thing I was thinking about buying, but now I think I am just going to skip on this gen. A new PC would go further anyway.

Who is ready for halloween with Skullwaifus?

translation?

なんでやねん!!
ビシィ!!
retard

What does it mean?

just remembered that 1 year ago, this was the first weekend I got to hang out with ajna & crew.
I wonder if lab0 has anything special planned.

You couldn't have phrased that sentence to be more pathetic

hey inflationist, why don't you try "killing" the general again with spamming actual fanart like in the last thread? it'll work this time

you're such a fucking dumbass holy shit lmao