/wtg/ War Thunder General

Absolutely BASED Yak edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8raDPASvq0
youtube.com/watch?v=qNGi3mcb7qs
krautchan.net/download/1475196842001.webm/Flak37.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

loli footjobs

Anime because really, this patch is boring

i wish there was an option to choose night and adverse weather as more likely to happen for a player
pls answer

average BR in lineup

which 109 should i play?

lies
it takes the highest BR

g10

is it just me or is the Uhu alot more agile now

they removed that ages ago gramps.

E-4, F-4, G-2

Which Uhu?

i wouldnt know since I'm on and off with this game for months because it gets to the point where it pisses me right the fuck off with its grind and I cant take it

have you ever heard about this recording of hitler speaking unnofficially, without screaming for once?
youtube.com/watch?v=E8raDPASvq0
context: 1942, operation barbarossa stalled near moscow
hitler greets the finnish general for his birthday and then explain his concerns with the USSR and the current situation
thank u friend

Okay new thread, patch has been out for a while.
Opinions?
To me it's just another lackluster patch with very little as far as meta/game changing content goes and even less as far as actual new content goes.
Many complaints about user customization, such as actually being able to create more "custom" custom battles, better user missions, testflight and test drive still locking you to default armaments unless you unlock and grind out the upgrades for that vehicle, and not being able to test drive vehicles later in the line continue to be ignored and I doubt they will ever seriously consider changing this.
Grind is still abysmal for tanks, many br problems for a truckload of vehicles, ATGMs are still broken, and there's just nothing interesting to make me, or anyone I know, want to play for more than maybe an hour at most.

Aside from that the new Jap heavy fighter while being really cool and having an interesting defensive armament is actually a good lot of fun, even if it is just a bit over tiered.

So what would make the game actually fun again? Because god knows boats wont be it.

when they adding more camos?

>Planes

In Arcade. Your 3 highest Planes determine the BR. But for example if you have something like 3.0, 2.7, 2.3 your BR will average itself to 2.7. Doesn't work if your top two are .3 BR below your highest. So a 3.0, 2.7, 2.7 will give you 3.0BR.

In Realistic, its the BR of whatever Plane you took out.

>Tanks

Very clear cut. Highest BR is your BR. It doesn't average.

i didnt notice the new fire or tracers
do i have to set my graphics to high to see them?
what other changes did they do other that adding vehicles that will take me weeks to unlock ?

real thred

>IS-2modd44.jpg

When will these weebs learn?

get in here

I've noticed them, and I'm on pseudo high so I'd have to guess yes you do. The fires are a lot longer(?) as in the actual flam trails behind the plane for a good 10 meters or so, and in tanks it's just bigger and slightly more 3d looking. The smoke trail it creates is the most immediate difference because it lingers for a very long time and is bright white.
That being said they're much less pretty than the ones before like 1.5x when it would explode with beautiful blues and oranges.

Otherwise I haven't noticed much except for some small things like
>Tiger II and Pattons now slant rearwards to better expose their lower glacis and decrease their gun depression
>Tiger 2 H had the tracks on the side of its turret shrunk nearly 60%

>130 MB left on the update
>slows down to 50 KB/s

See you in fucking 40 minutes

Dora when?
youtube.com/watch?v=qNGi3mcb7qs
it would be cool to have it at least in a singleplayer misison.

RB tanks is mixed with aircraft
anything special about it?
SB tanks is not mixed (i think)

Can we not do this meme, please?

>it's a "J7W with massive speed and altitude disadvantage engages its antigravity boosters and plasma cannons and snipes your tail control from 1 km as you make him stall" episode

krautchan.net/download/1475196842001.webm/Flak37.webm

tfw

JESUS

I'm just 1 or 2 tanks away from it, cant wait

Skink when

Go away Rosehip no one likes you.

How do I get more RP in tank battles, its always like 500-600 or 900 rarely even a full 1k

you get the most RP in SB i think
the most SL in AB

Gaijin still can't make good graphics.

>several top rank premium vehicles

o I am laffin

compared to GTA San Andreas (2004)
how can they fuck up something this simple?
a 500x500 jpeg would be much bette

more like one and a half

friendly reminder that on the day of rope, everyone who has ever bought GE will be dealt with

how much damage does a FAB-5000 do to the airfield?

Why the FUCK is my Conway bouncing so many shots?

WHY ARE THERE TWO GENERALS

THE RULE IS FIRST ONE MADE, IS THE ONE WE STAY

I don't think anything in this game pisses me off as much as bullshit kill assists
>oh you set the enemy plane on fire and critted his wings and his engine? here have five RP for your nice assist))
If only assists gave decent rewards

The first one made was tsbabby trash though

Kill assists are broken

>Shoot tank and kill two crew members - get assist
>Shoot tank, set on fire, finish it off - get assist

Literal autism, that's why.

Can I delet the .preload folder on the WT directory if the game is already on 1.63?

Yes, I had to do that because after installing 1.63 my WT folder was almost 40 gigs and there were only 2 gigs left in my SSD

>Check folder
>33 gigs
>Preload added an extra 13

Christ. I'm not using preload in the future.

Preload didn't even work for me. I preloaded and it still made me download the update. Fucking slav programming.

How smart are other players in RB?

Should I make a serious effort to learn ACM, or will "Keep high and pounce some idiot who's flying low and slow" be enough?

Actually, it did the same for me. Though it only took about 5-10 minutes, so I assumed that was something different.

it varies

You'd think the client would automatically remove the .preload folder after moving its content to the normal folders, but I guess that's too much for gaijin

>install dev
>delete live
>swap files
?????????????

>tfw when buddys to squad while playing ace combat music
Feels bad man

>tfw when no buddys*
im retarded

>that feel when when

Time to retire this shit.

what tier/nation do you prefer?

10 fucking hours of War Thunder today from 10am to 10pm with a few breaks in between, most of it spent miserably grinding RP for tier 2-3 german tanks

I think im gonna have to buy premium even if its just 1 day thing, for the sake of my fucking sanity and time

((

...are you me

>tfw got over half way through the Cougar grind today even with several hours' worth of distraction

gunpods?

are those gunpods?

Seems to be a MiG-3-15 (BK) skin.

ssshhhhh

Well since i only have jets in russia, i do that. The good skins are in germany so thats what im working on.

What's the best ammo to light up spitniggers with in the JUGG?

universal

BoS?

no its

>should I git gud or stay a shitter?
Git gud faggot.

why git gud if nobody else is gud?

if i can be the crab at the top of the bucket, that's all that matters.

Heh. Good one.

Does anyone have a video link to that jet ripping wings with a picture of sanic taped to the cockpit?

>t29 in my spawn
>facehugs me
>if i want to damage him i have to move
>if i move, i will lose my spawn protection

GREAT!

>freedom literally knows no boundaries
what a time to be alive

Just leave the game when that happens desu. Better than giving the cunt a kill.

irl the keep high and pounce on idiots is the main reason why Aces are alive

how many more of us are suffering this hell

I'm just gonna do one day premium from now on, when I decide to play so that when i end up wasting the whole day on WT like I did today, I will at least have grinded far less than without premium

Not gonna do 7 days premium though because fuck it counting down remaining time even when not playing the game, thats pure fucking jewish greed.

this

wow i didn't know that is how it works, i never bought premium time

that's just downright shitty

An American, a Hindu, and a Russian land in Purgatory. A grey-winged angel with a huge whip hanging from his belt meets them and says: "Alright, here's the rules. Anyone who takes three strikes from my whip without screaming, can go straight to Heaven. You can shield yourselves with whatever you like. We've got everything here. Who's first?" The American steps forward. "Alright, you've got three hours to prepare yourself." The American puts on a full-body Kevlar outfit, gets into a tank, drives it into a concrete bunker, the bunker is covered with 15 feet of dirt and inch-thick titanium plates. The angel unravels his whip. SNAP! The titanium and the dirt are gone. SNAP! The bunker and tank are gone. SNAP! The American howls in pain, the ground opens up under his feet and he drops straight to Hell. "Next!", says the angel. The Hindu steps forward. "You've got three hours to prepare yourself." / "I need only five minutes. I have studied Yoga all my life and can make myself immune to all pain." The Hindu gets into a lotus position, hums mantras for a few minutes, and rises a couple of inches off the ground. The angel unravels his whip. SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! The Hindu is completely unfazed. "Hmm, impressive. Alright, you're free to go." / "Thank you, but only after I see how this last one makes it out of this", says the Hindu, looking at the Russian. / "Your call." / The angel turns to the Russian: "What are you going to shield yourself with?" / "With the Hindu, of course."

Just for the Tortoise. What am I in for?

*Got
Ebin autocorrect

the Tortoise

Totally worth it.

Yeah 1 day premium is 180 GE

7 days premium is 670 GE

180 x 3= 540 GE
180 x 4= 720 GE
180 x 7= 1260 GE

So you pay less GE for 7 days premium than paying for 4+ days of premium individually but its counting down even when youre not playing it which should be fucking illegal desu

Yet its still kinda a good deal because you will end up playing more during those 7 days than you will during 4 days of premium, and it costs less than buying more individual premium days even if they might not all be used, even not playing 2 days is still more cost effective than buying 7 days of it individually....

I still dont know what I want to do

Because paying for it day by day may seem a good option but it will cost less in the long run than a 7day premium but then you might not play all 7 days or might not get to and then thats wasted to

Fucking hell

And I wont even talk about any higher amounts of premium I cant afford to do that

medium kek

>but it will cost less in the long run

cost more*

That was good

What if you prepare yourself to stay up for 24 hours on a weekend or holidays?

fucking stop this. Grinding in this game is NOT fucking worth it. Just unlock some stuff you enjoy and play them for fun. Spending this kind of time in WT just to unlock virtual planes isn't healthy.

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me
Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!

enjoy throwing your life away on a video game frogposter.

What's fun in the British tree other than the spitfires?

the mosquito

no u

the new patch is 11gb. am i seeing this right