/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Did not expect the other guy to also have Silvercat Ring:
>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

If /dsg/ tried to make a souls game, it'd be unplayable trash.

FC

Doing a blind playthrough on PS4. Anyone want to invade or co op?

So, about on par with the current ones?

Best girl

It's probably to stop people from being invaded when they're just off by themselves farming for items.

How would you like to be farming Swordgrass, only to get jumped on by someone who then interrupts your progress and causes you to lose your souls?

Reds don't need more opportunities to invade since they can just do duels, the problem is that blues need more opportunities.

Sure, why not. Now if only enough of us knew how to code for games.

>it'd be
>implying they'd make a complete product

They should make it triggerable by finger.

>boss dead
>no activity except red signs
>use finger
>every summon and invasion slot opens

>playing DS3 again in hype of DLC
>get to sulyvahn
>can't remember you can't get his robes
>or his crown
>or dual wield his weapons in a unique moveset/without le l1 block meme

Hey lads. For Dark Souls 1 how would I go about a monk build? I'm thinking caestus but I can't help but think there might be better options...probably not.

It'd have decent faith, no shield with healing and force miracles to represent ki. Pyromancies include ironflesh and power within to represent a strong will and force. What's a good set? And what are some good rings? Also, what do you think would be a good upgrade path? I might stack humanity to show that the monk is very sturdy and civil, but I'm not sure.

>For Dark Souls 1 how would I go about a monk build
you don't
DON'T

Even if it was only one area with 15 weapons and two bosses, so long as that area was nice and varied for ambushes and stuff and the bosses were suitably challenging for co-op, and the weapons weren't complete trash, it'd probably get more action than real souls does because /dsg/ could just hotfix broken/underpowered/overpowered stuff instantly.

I'd love for her to level my endurance all night.

What kind of character are you planning on using and what starting class and playstyle?

What if some of those summons only want to fight bosses? It should just be red signs like normal, but also invadable and you can pull in blues.

>one area with 15 weapons and two bosses
kek IRL

Do you need help remembering?

b-but don't you know that having limited left-handed movesets increases variety???
there are people that believe this

Yeah well blues are even more broken then they were in DaS now that there aren't many players that need their hands held anymore.

At least in DaS you invaded a sinner instead of helped a host. It would have been perfect if a few things were tweaked:
- sinners could be invaded with the area boss defeated
- sinners had reason to stay human (e.g. make effects of soft humanity only apply when human), or they could be invaded even hollow

collageanon.imgur.com

Do BB sliders transfer over pretty well to DaS3 so I can remake this bitch?

It's the same engine, so with enough time and fiddling you should be able to perfectly recreate your downs waifu.

>miyazaki-sama, what should we make the dlc about? something excited and related to DS3?
>no, make it about the painted world
>more ds1 content miyazaki-sama?
>did I fucking stutter?
>oh...I'm so sorry miyazaki-sama...I shouldn't have questioned. What boss do we have? Priscilla? That could be neat. Maybe more crossbreeds or Velka?
>no, make it lloyd
>w-what sir?
>Lloyd, the anti-estus memer from the first game, get your shit together
>O...okay....I see, with his Shield of Caste, Sword of Law, in the setting of a Duel of Justice, with the archetypal cross-helmet armor that's become a signature for the Way of White, sir?
>no give him a bowl of soup and tie a chair to his ass and put him in some crowfeather shit

this game has the deepest stories man XDDD

It comes down to mindgaming your opponents. You have to judge their playstyle and see if they know how to play around your weapon. If they dont, you can probably combo them anyways and win the fight without a parry. If they dance around your range though, a good tactic is to just try to hit them, whiff, watch them run at you, and predict the most likely incoming attack. Itll just come down to you learning the strength and weakness of your weapon, their weapon, and how dumb you might think they are. If they spam a lot you can just throw out a parry and probably land it too.
So in short, ya just gotta git gud. Parry shields help though, but dont miss too many or you start to look dumb

PS4FC?

But then what would be the point? The way it worked before, reds invade to halt the progress of a player attempting to make it to the boss; if they die or the host goes through the boss fog, the red (or area defending blue) fails. If someone wants to invite invasions to an area they already cleared, 9 times out of 10 it's probably going to be a gank (if they wanted to duel, that's what Red Soapstone is for).

That also begs the question, how would one escape an invasion if the boss is already dead? Obviously if they want to invite invasion they intend to face an enemy player, but some people are pussies who change their minds. The best solution would be just to give them no escape until they defeat the invader(s), force them to accept their decision.

It could probably inject some more life into the game, but there's not much point in it, and again, most of those would probably just be gank squads (though seeds would matter a lot less in low-level areas).

Anyone up for a PC FC? I can host for a while, high wall or almost anywhere else but Pontiff's.

>trade with someone
>your attack passes harmlessly through their body and fails to register a hit
Why is this so common? It;s not even like you hear the attack register a second later, offset by lag or anything. The game just straight up fails a collision check while your target is locked in an animation where they cannot possibly avoid or mitigate the attack.

>The way it worked before, reds invade to halt the progress of a player attempting to make it to the boss
Well its a good thing that theres bonfires every 6 and a half feet in this game, to really preserve that feeling of a hunter and prey. Really makes every death feel like a true setback.

Think deeper.

Cathedral of the Deep was originally the Way of White, followers of Allfather Lloyd. Nowadays, though, clerics of Carim say that Lloyd was a fraud and a pretender god, while Lloyd himself is nowhere to be found.

There's a screenshot of the NPC who gives you the DLC key. He's in the Cathedral of the Deep, by the bonfire.

So, where did Lloyd run off to when his followers started worshipping Aldrich? Where could he go to get away from the blob monster that eats gods? And would he feel guilty about letting his entire church fall to corruption and sin?

That armour is swaggy as fuck

R8 my lord of hollows

>tfw dual-wielding unpatched DaSII Avelyns

I miss this combo so much. Turning everything into a pincushion of bolts feels so fantastic.

>literal rags and bandages
>full plate helm
naw

Cool as fuck, I like the theme. Which chalice dungeon is that btw?

This is the most powerful build in the game

sure

I loved it because it coincided with the greataxe powerstance bug, and rollpoising through an avelyn volley only to punish with a greathammer rolling R1->L1-L1 for 1800 damage made me erect every single time.

i thought that was sen's funhouse from the thumbnail
looks pretty good, i'd find a different helmet though

>60 int
>no spells

>600+AR cancercurvesword
Please don't.

why wont you let me be beautiful

That looks so fucking awesome.

tumblebuffed crystal card captor with crystal buff gets like 650AR

Fuck spells. This does soul spear damage per r1.

How do i counter effectively with the shotel?

>fluted set cut from DaS3
FUCK

Dear user, you are beautiful. I like your rags. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

>What if some of those summons only want to fight bosses?

No one will summon you for a gank if your sign is by the boss door.
The mistakes the games make are not giving the player complete control over online without letting it affect gameplay.
Some have HP penalty, others kill online after a certain point or 2 makes you use an item(even if it's easy to come by). The change I propose makes it like:
>online is alive for the purposes of completing the game always
>should a player have interest into still using an area for online again, they have a perma on button

That is true, I suppose, but then, why keep an area alive after the boss dies? Everyone exploring it is only after a few items and would bone out after. I bet alot of people kill ODK so they can explore the ruins without annoiances and that's fair. With finger, those who DO have interest into things happening, be them gankers or not, would get it and the game would be more active. If you just allowed them no matter what, people would just play offline and the numbers wouldn't change

Hahaha h KIll kILL kILL KIll! Killl them ALL AHHAHAHAHA SLAUGHTER THEM

What about dark one?

>CMW gesturebuffed crystal CCS has 700 AR
Sure fucking hope we will never be allowed to buff infused weapons.

>bone wheel
stop this is fucking triggering me

>60 int
>need to be in melee range to deal damage

I heard that guy died, is it true?

No, soul spear does 800 damage if the stars align and you actually hit anyone with it. But I'll grant you that 400 damage per swing on a curved sword is pretty bullshit.

Nope, there's new videos a couple times a week.

Okay, le'ts see how it goes.
PC FC, high wall, password is dsg as always.
Come have fun

>Bone Wheel Skeletons are one of the few really fast-paced enemies in DaS1
>You were simply too slow to keep up with their insane tracking, constant staggering, massive stamina draining, and destructive ganks
>Hitboxes were so wonky that even trying to hit them with a longer weapon would get you hit and staggered sometimes
>DaS3 is like 3x faster than DaS1
>The Bonewheel Skeletons are still nerfed to only be like 5% better than DaS2 versions
I think its time From gave us back the true menace of DaS1. The game is all grown up now, we're big boys. We can handle the skeletons now.

>No one will summon you for a gank if your sign is by the boss door
But some people like to help other people through a level, so they put their sign by the bonfire. Why you gotta pick on the good people, user?

What if, in the Ashes of Ariandel DLC, there is a ring that enables Poise when equipped?

What if?

This
I want to get gang banged by 30 wheel skeletons in a damp dark basement

What if it was like the warrior's version to bloodring? HA is always active, but you take 15% more damage.
Would you wear it /dsg/?

Can someone translate this?

can't you wait a bit I'm eating don't host yet

>hair
>on a dragon
FROM WHAT ARE YOU DONIG

Top or Bottom. I think both are viable, just curious as to what people think which one will be more entertaining.

Yes. Also it could be 50% more damage and I'd still wear it.

>fromsoft will never make a hardcore souls game
>you will never cautiously creep through the dark caverns fighting screaming bloatheads while sorcerers pelt you from range with spells that blend in with the dark
>you can't block because you need your torch to see
>getting slowly more desperate as your torch runs out
>because as soon as it does, the dark will eat you

>14 attunement

Then heavy armour becomes even more obsolete as the whole world burns in the unholy radiance of Yhorm Greatshield meta that suddenly emerges from the darkest depths of FROM software quality balancing.
Be careful what you wish for.

I see no signs yet, don't worry.

You don't need it. The int is only there for buff.

700AR Cardcaptor > your shitty pew pew spells.

I'm coming user-kun~

Okay, sure, but let's throw away the armchair lore for a second here, alternative ending: Carim supposedly hates him, why didn't they jail him for being a "fraud" and then we fight him in the Carim DLC we could've had instead of more fucking blatant DS1 fanservice? Sure, yeah, Carim, but we didn't learn shit about the place until DS3, it has multiple mentioned names that are nowhere to be found, and 50% of item descriptions with Lloyd's name in it have Carim mentioned immediately after.

Nope, instead waifuism wins and we get le velkascilla in le painted world and we throw away LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE THING WE KNOW ABOUT LLOYD

You know they're probably going to patch that on the 24th, right?

>25 more days until DS3 becomes fun again for a month

He's a drake, so it's okay.

YEAH HOW FUCKING DARE THEY.

I don't think anyone would pass up a stagger preventing ringwithout one hell of a downside

I could, but I won't.

>Okay, sure, but let's throw away the armchair lore for a second here
>why didn't they jail him for being a "fraud" and then we fight him in the Carim DLC

Are we, or are we not, using armchair lore?

I had forgotten how spooky he looked

They can't patch it. The only reason they could patch it before somewhat is simply by speeding up the backend of the swap alot faster. By not meeting the requirements you cause a lag.

To fix it, they'd have to force you to be unable to press the menu button after casting a spell.

What are some fun weapons with decent to just a step below average AR that aren't: Straight Swords, Greatswords, Ultra Greatswords, Katanas, or Curved Swords.

I just want a weapon moveset I won't get bored of while I play up until Ariandel release.

I realized my mistake immediately after user

but seriously why

Doesn't exist. Play Bloodborne.

Greatclub. The funnest weapon in the game.

PLEASE THERE MUST BE

THINK HARD

I've been having fun with Great Hammers.

Okay, how about this. The Calamity Ring now turns on poise for people wearing it.
Would you use it?

Partizan is fun spear.
Every dual weapon

Harpe

t-thanks

>throw away LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE THING WE KNOW ABOUT LLOYD
That's like saying they threw away almost every single way when they introduced Gwyn to the player, since he didn't have lightning and was a hollow ass.
Or Vendrick.
Or a handful of other characters.
A shitload of time has passed, things are not the same as they used to be during the time of legends.

How about every weapon in Bloodborne?

How can a Dark Souls weapon moveset entertain you when the moves are copy pasted from other weapons?