>post how much you love the damned thing
>post anything BMW

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9QG5cxudhCk
youtube.com/watch?v=YfBqKpl2IwY&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4R66MRVEZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last thread disappeared in clear daylight. Time to call Mulder.

To the owner of this work of art, are you running spacers with those DS2s?

When you compare them side by side, you see just how lacking in quality design the Civic is! Thanks!

I'll just continue preparing the gallery until Tom Green brings his Tiger Zebra.

Leave them alone in the general thread. Have some respect.
Troll them when they post outside the thread.
Like everyone does to everyone outside general threads.

Oh look here he is, hey Tom how are ya doing?

youtube.com/watch?v=9QG5cxudhCk

Outside of general threads, there only exists trolling.

>owns a bmw
>civic is "lacking in quality"

let me know when your german engineered shitbox stops leaking oil all over your driveway and your window regulators stop breaking.

Dude. I hate bmw too. But seriously leave them alone in general threads.

Your trolling might work better if you did it outside of the place where actual knowledge exists.

Go start another thread so we can report you for filling the board with garbage.

My e46 M sport, 219000 on the clock and still reliable and fun af

8 year olds, Dude.

Thank you for your donation to the BMW Museum of Contemporary Art.

how do i convince kamotors to give me a free or hugely discounted turbo kit

>8 year olds, Dude.
What is this suppose to mean?
If you're going to get all pretentious with me when im defending you. I can turn this thread around in a hurry.

What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

10/10 shoop

would mod

Just put Thule racks on the M Sport tonight. Bike attachments coming soon =3

Wow, thank you so much for doing this to my car, thats absolutely beautiful!

What head unit should I buy? Mine needs to be replaced as you can see. I really just want something with an aux input. $400 max.

Now you can bring your bike to the Museum of Contemporary Bikes.

It's an Android app called Prisma. First you pin your underdrawing to the e-canvas, then splatter oil paint from your leaking BMW engine onto your phone. Then you have a painting.

Go on eBay and type in e39 head unit.

Hey, fellow E39 bro, my head unit's a bit fucked up as well, but it still works for me. I want to see what you come back with, though.

This e39's mine, it's the 530i.

My e39 525d
Bought it this week, recently changed the CCV
Need new turbo, and ABS/ASC controller.

Hello all, never owned a BMW before, but there's this big ass V12 BMW for sale near me, not a bad price either.
It's a 1996, got 185k km on the clock, decent service history since being brought over from germany in 2004. Guy is asking 6k for the car and I think it's a very reasonable price for such a decent looking car. Question is, how dailyable is a car like this? I've driven a shitbox Fiat Panda thus far and would like something more lavish for a change.

Is it an 850? If so, that's a badass barge. I imagine owning a BMW v12 would be a nightmare, though.

Googled 850 and it wasn't that, apparently it was a 7 series, exactly like pic related.

the M2 is faster though.
youtube.com/watch?v=YfBqKpl2IwY&app=desktop

You're gonna have to do your homework on these cars first

Whether its a 750 or 850, the maintenance costs are huge. That's why they are so cheap now

Think I'm going a bit over my head here? Granted, I know how to keep my panda on the road, steer and add fuel. That's about all for my mechanical knowledge. I'll give that 320 station wagon a look instead then. V6 instead of V12, so hopefully it ain't as bad.

To anyone with a LWB 7 series, are there any difficulties parking?

Regular 750 here, parking is a bitch, the car is a god damn barge and there ain't no helping it.
Reckon the LWB is any better.

bmw never made V6's

Sounds like it. But if you have disposable income and know how to preventative maintenance an E38 won't leave you stranded at least. People seem to be getting by on $2-4k of maintenance a year for the V12s

Oh, they're straight 6 engines then? Nice.
To be honest, I don't. I deliver god damn pizza in my shitbox and barely can keep it together. Thing is, this piece of shit shitbox is falling apart on me and it's becoming increasingly expensive to keep roadwrothy, so I figured that it was time for a new car that doesn't need new lifters every other day.

In that case get a 330ci or something. You'll depend on being able to drive it constantly so you'll have to keep up with maintenance. A 6 cylinder 3 series can still cost a bit to maintain but not as much as a V12 barge and you'll have no problems doing that on a pizza guy wage if you know how to budget

how much would a 2006 525i cost me on the long term? is it worth it?

Try an E39

Is it worth it to buy a bmw for 1500 usd w/ 120000 miles on it?

No spacers currently. Going to put 10mm all around. Heres a picture of her with stag setup and no MPSS tires on.

Hey you did bring PRISMA to BMW general! Rock on

Which BMW? Could be a wonderful deal, or just an average purchase.

I won't lie, that e46 is looking hot. It is reminiscent of a touring.

Really? They just seem to almost poke naturally then.

Ti isn't narrower is it?

Yeah, nobody cared/noticed last thread haha.

1999 325i

I didn't know they made the 325i in 1999. Is this an e36, or an e46?

Either way if it is in good condition then that is a decent price.

Maybe. The TI uses the Z3/e30 rear suspension which is why the backs probably poke a bit more since its different dimensions for rear suspension, but the front is the same on all E36s, but running the 8.5 up front really does give a nice thick stance to the wheels and makes the car look beefier. Look up some coupes with 8.5 ds2 square, they look siper beefy too. Only reason Ill be running soacers is because the inside tends to bite the shocks on the front end a bit, especially once I get my bilstien/HR sports. So mainly just for racecar purposes, but ima do it to the rear aswell so they stay the same as factory, just 10mm all around. Im OCD like that.

Heres a pic with 2 of the TI's

>go check out an absurdly cheap z3 3.0, it's an 01 with 8-k miles for 7 grand, like what?
>expect it to be falling apart of have obvious damage

>it's clean as fuck
>engine bay is like spotless
>drove it around for half an hour, no signs of oil leaks or cooling issues
>no signs of repainting or crash damage
>interior clean af
>some minor things like a sticky passenger side window and some plastic bits on the interior damaged a little but that's it

>first z3 I've ever driven and it really feels like a miata but more comfy, which is exactly what i'm looking for in a weekend toy/emergency daily driver to pair with my 540iT

fucking hell i want it bad
now i have to figure out how to get rid of my 328xi within a week for $7800

80k miles*

...and of course when i run the carfax is shows SOLD AT SALVAGE AUCTION

weirdly i didn't see any evidence of a collision? Not sure where this is coming from, not to mention there isn't even an incident reported

Did the guy tell you its salvage titled?

My old M3 came from guys who buy cars from auction and said it had a replaced fender, and it was a clean title, and later after I lost it and checked the CARFAX said it had been reported with frame damage. I guess it must have been the FR fender but I could never tell.

More interesting bit is that it was a company car. Must be a pretty sweet company to have lux M3s.

When they talk about stock square setups on e36 is it usually 7.5 right?

Could be just water damage or any other damage enough to cost more to fix than car is worth.

nope, but to be fair i didn't ask about the title status since i was going to carfax the thing no matter what

Yes.

BMW's DS1's are factory wheels and ONLY come in 7.5 inch. So a square set up from BMW factory is 7.5. When DS2's were introduced they came as staggered and were 8.5 rear and 7.5 front. Most people who run square set ups run 7.5's around as its BMW spec. I personally don't like how shallow and how little of a lip they have, so I run the 8.5's.

200k no oil, original trans and motor, still running stronger than most cars from the 90's.

Say what you want, but when you actually take care and maintain your BMW like they are supposed to be, they are very reliable. Only issue that I've had was my radiator failing while sitting in the drive thru of taco bell. Which is a known issue and I was prepared for it to go out any day. I still blame my sister for making me pick her up lunch.

Easy and cheap fix though.

You're not supposed to put the hot sauce in the coolant tank you know?

I figured you had it so. Sucks for people with the stock squares though haha.

I kind of miss having a sedan, they've grown on me again. They do look sharp in cosmos.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4R66MRVEZY

>beat to shit clap trap e36 m3 with a palsti dipped door on a platform in a bmw dealer showroom
what

I hate Cosmo's black... Too shiny and not deep enough for me.

Its not even an M3, its just a 3 series. Then again isn't that a Lithuania plate? Life must be rough...

own an 86 e30. future rallymobile

I'm not sure if it sucks for them as much as it sucks for me. I can't do any suspension mods without spacers (up front) and they have cheaper tires... But mine look better hahahaha.

ass end

It's the 325i in the video, drifter.

Sometimes I feel the same way, doesn't look dark enough in the full sun, but at sunset and in the night it is perfect. Shiny stars in the night sky: cosmosschwarz metallic.

seriously i should not buy this
but i really fucking want to

is there any way to get any more detail from the carfax about that "sold at salvage auction" thing? or will i have to rely on the seller telling the truth

Black sapphire I think pulls off the deeper look better than cosmos imo.

What is the VIN, you cut it out of the carfax?

FYI the cars seller is the type of scumbag who buys salvaged cars at insurance auctions, repairs them himself, then flips them to people who don't know what a salvage title is. As you can see he never even registered the vehicle in his name and is curbstoning. This isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but this seller will be far from honest. People like him do this for a living. Now gimme the VIN.

Hurry up bud i gotta leave soon if you want me to check autocheck and the salvage site i am a member of.

Maybe it is because it is new paint, but it does look sharp on an e36.

Also makes me want to paint my mouldings a bit.

the car should be fine even if it was sold as salvage, if it was in an accident just make sure it was fixed right. check the rear diff mount with the subframe and the subframe spotwelds in the rear.

My Z3 might be going away :(
gonna have to sell her..
grim times are coming my friends, i'll be BMW less.

atleast its going to be an excuse to finally get a clownshoe. thats the only thing i look forward to.

oh whoops, vin is
Wbacn53441lj59031

oh damn i didnt even notice he didn't re-register it.
this is probably why it's been sitting for over two weeks at that price, too much sketch

Personally I think on any color but silver painted moldings don't look as good. The e36 lacks sharp body lines and the moldings help break it up. You have already stuck with ambers and have ltw wheels, I wouldn't paint the moldings, I think you'd regret it for going away from the stock look. Throw up another pic man.

Car was declared a total loss in April from a major collision. Title is Salvage. Depending upon your state you may not be able to get the car registered until it is inspected by the state police and you get a rebuilt title. Considering the fact the guy has had the car for four months to fix it, and the title problems, the car is super sketch. He's had it too long for me to pull up the old salvage auction info, or he bought it from a smaller auction company, so I can't tell you the exact damage. Either way for that price you can get a clean titled 3.0 easy if you wait around. Don't buy this car, it is overpriced by a few thousand and you will regret it one day.

Run, run far away. Besides, at that price you are approaching Z4 price range...

Also, I wouldn't buy a Z3 without the sports package clean title or not imo.

At that price he can get a high mileage M Roadster... let alone a z4

Truth. That is what I was looking to buy before I decided to go Z4M Roadster. The S52 ones are very reasonably priced.
Hold out for that S54 brother, its well worth it.

You should purchase 's Z3 so it can stay in the family.

not in the northeast
equivalent 3.0 manuals at that mileage go for 10 grand all day long around here

no, i'll get an s52 clownshoe

250hp is plenty enough, and not worth the literaly extra 20-30k. for that much i'd rather swap it myself or FI the s52

the car isn't in the us lol
he can't have it

>FI the s52
yes please
that engine is an IF whore you just cant give it enough

No Z3 short of an M Roadster is worth that much, especially in the rust bucket hell of the US. Z3s have actually gone up in price for low mileage models because of age and rarity, and I don't think they are worth the premium. IMO i'd save up a bit more and get a Z3M Roadster with 100k owned by an enthusiast, or I'd just buy a Z4 if you aren't concerned with power so much. The Z4 is a much nicer car, but it is far from as "miata-like" as the Z3. Either way you are in a real shit price range for a Z3, I live in the PNW but after six months of searching for Z3s in your target area of 8-10k for a low mileage six cylinder I just gave up and went all in. Honestly, if you want a Z3 I'd just buy a four cylinder and avoid the enthusiast tax if size matters that much. The 3.0 is FAR from fast anyways. Just my take, I'm actually looking for a little skinny body Z3 to DD.
Do it

i was looking at 1.9s as engine swap candidates but even going from a 1.9 to a 2.8 is a shitload of work

back again with the z4 shilling aren't you?

the 3.0i is fantastic.
Although for the same price of a 3.0 Z you can get an M roady, which looks better imo.

also looks miles better than the Z4's round, non agressive looks.

I'd deffinately DD a 1.9 Z3 aswell, the m44 is made to rev like crazy and to be beaten on.
but thankfully i can afford to daily something a little more special.

>even even more special when i get the shoe

don't swap anything in a Z3 unless its an ls1 or ford modular 5.0. Lots of threads about it, ends up fantastic with a little reinforcement at the rear subframe

Is the E82 the closes thing to a modern E46?

Dude this picture looks straight out of a video game. A+ job on it.

So not worth it. Even the 2.8/3.0 is very mediocre. If you want to go fast just save up and buy an M Roadster otherwise just appreciate the smallness of the Z3 four banger.
>shilling
Wat? I like both but there is no denying the Z4 is a far better car build quality, feature wise, chassis, suspension, and by (normie opinion) looks. Other than the small feel of the Z3 there is no other advantage. If I had to choose between a 6 cylinder Z3 and a 6 cylinder Z4 for similar price the choice would be obviously the Z4.
>but thankfully i can afford to daily something a little more special
Which is I DD an M Roadster. Z3s are just over priced now a days for what you get. Don't blame me, blame the market.
Wish it was mine, I just steal 'em. Some guy on bimmerpost has a Z3M and Z4M and takes amazing shots.

I want to one day...
What are some cost-effective options that are not trash?

Looks good my dude,just don't forget to look out for the diesel pump,they tend to break a lot on these.

They are friends with the people working in the dealership,wasn't hard for them to get the car for couple hours to stand inside the showroom.Not sure about the rough part but yeah that's Lithuanian plates.

Yeah I was joking figured it was an employee or friends car, never watched the vid. Guy is crazy.

Wish I could do what he does, but my goal is to not get sideways haha. He has it to an art.

>mfw picking up a set of 17x8.5 Kosei K1s and R-Comps for my car tomorrow for $500

pic related, same car/color its going on (artic silver 97 m3/2/5). only other wheels i'd consider are SSR Comps or BBS RKs.

>my dick

If you had the money, would you buy M2 or 340i?

>M2 has performance on par with other M cars
>slightly higher top speed than 340i
>obviously better track performance than 340i
>yet M2 only has 52 liter gas tank, meaning you will have to get fuel more often
>also M2 can't have PDC in front, which you will really miss once you got used to it
>also M2 looks like a racing BMW, yet it's the cheapest version and ricers will try to rice you based on looks alone while others will laugh at you for not being able to afford an m4
>340i can get almost similar performance and sound with m performance kit
>340i looks relatively unremarkeable, so nobody will try to rice you on the street
>has more comfort, more options
>both are about the same price

So unless you plan on going to the track, I suppose the 340i would be better?

Crankshaft vent change - check
Oil change - check
Oil filter change - check
Cabin filter change - check

Especially the CSV was way overdue...

>laugh at you for not being able to afford an M4
Fuck that mentality. "I paid more for thid car therefor my status is higher". I'm a huge bmw apologist and love all things bimmer, but the price point of the M4 and the car you get does not sit well with me. The M2 is the way to go. Bmw missed with the M4 and I wouldnt touch one. If you're main concern is other people's opinions on the car you drive opposed to the performance, interior, and styling of the car your spending tens of thousands of dollars on, you are basically buying a fashion statement and not a performance vehicle.

I agree.
Yet it doesn't really answer the question M2 vs 340i / 440i with m performance kit.

If you just go for performance, the price for either is not too far away from a gtr so you might as well...

M2
how is this even a real question