/ovg/ Dorito Edition

/ovgt1/ race start: 20 UTC Sat
/ovg/ Indycar race start: 22 UTC Sat

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@55.7687782,-2.3481543,3a,75y,336.74h,74.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbRoflohmOm94-EZqtXBsPw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0eyLeI2G40
my.mixtape.moe/oypeci.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=jiN1a8YkwPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for SHIFT 2 guy

REAL THREAD HERE

How do i get GT4 working with my G25 on the PS2X emulator?

we're moving out of Veeky Forums

For what purpose?

We're all bus riders and none of us can drive a car

literally 75% of the thread is just autistic manbaby drama about the community itself, which suits Veeky Forums better

Oh boy. It's /ovg/ again. Does anyone even like this awful - dare I say, TOXIC thread? All they do is spew shitpost, in fact, I've never seen them make a post that wasn't trolling another user, a meme, or just plain terrible.

>they are not playing extreme g 2 right now

Why are you people not in Veeky Forums? Easily the worst thread on Veeky Forums and I've been posting here since before Termi.

Wow, and you still haven't figured out how to use filters.

/ovglfs/ when?

/ovgwreckfest/ when?

/ovgrally2000/ when?

Oh boy. It's Veeky Forums again. Does anyone even like this awful - dare I say, TOXIC site? All they do is spew shitpost, in fact, I've never seen them make a post that wasn't trolling another user, a meme, or just plain terrible.

superkarts feel good

bad idea. forgot what I was driving

So i followed the wiki guide to install rfactor 2, and when i try to launch the game for the first time, it says auto subscribing to workshop items, and freezes during that. I've tried letting it sit for a bit, but no go, anyone else encounter this?

a spicy dorito

>that fire

Delete coreshaders.mas from gamedata\shared

fail to see why that would do anything, but tried it anyway. Oh well, good thing i backed it up first

You're really unfunny.

rip /rgg/

wew lad

who dat

google.com/maps/@55.7687782,-2.3481543,3a,75y,336.74h,74.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbRoflohmOm94-EZqtXBsPw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

new rally sim with accurate mud placement when

dat boi

Two random guys at Otakon
>Pick NB Miata
>Other guy picks an Evo VI
>We both are apparently really good
>Battling back and forth down the mountain as a crowd gathers and people are cheering us on
>Both of us are barely touching the wall or each other on overtakes
>tfw overtook him on the next to last corner and everyone just starts yelling and cheering
>Eurobeat blasting the entire time
Probably the most fun I've had playing a game in ages

>Otakon

kys weeb

MIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEY

/OVGLFS/ NOW

you'll need a pereulok'd S3 and turn on private servers in the server list. usual password. enjoy.

>not running a demo server with BL1 or BL2 and XFG+XRG

there are already plenty of demo servers, if we want to race shitboxes around blackwood we could just go on some empty demo server

>if we want to race shitboxes around blackwood we could just go on some empty demo server

And why we aren't?

>tfw automobilista doesn't have a combined Forza 6 and Gran Turismo 6 car list for maximum simulation

why the fuck AC server runs "old" track surface? you fags can't drift without lowering the grip?

>mikey finally gets a win
good thing we chased you out awhile ago

i guess we could user

>I'm too shit at driving without unrealistic grip levels please cater to my lack of skill: the post

Ranek's /ovg/ plan:
1. Lower grids
2. Fewer races
3. More drama
4. Rule bending for the elite

I'm 3-0 against people so far this weekend, gonna try for 10-0

Ranek wants /ovg/ to work for him and his friends. Valrys will build an /ovg/ that works for everyone.

>let's use lowest grip setting because that's "fun" and "realistic"
consider coplaining there is no snow setting in ac.

But who wants to build the wall?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0eyLeI2G40

hell yeah

The only track grip setting that should ever be used is Green.

How about learning to use your right foot to make up for the lack of road grip. Giving more grip to the high hp cars on Myogi, a track that is slower by sliding, is a great idea right?

>high HP cars are the DEVIL
and yet civic is faster anyway

ranek ruined ovg desu

wtf i hate ranek now

>slower car is faster
?????

slow is fast, an old racing saying for "git gud"

did you even practice, civic is fast as fuck on myogi, takes hardly any effort to drive fast compared to anything else

>Civic weighs 3kg
>Has slicks
>Is basically a car made to race

>light low powered car with slicks on an old track is faster than a high horsepower car with old shitty tires
hmm really makes you think

>Shit some one agrees with me that the civic is fast, I guess I'll try and argue with them any way

wew

my.mixtape.moe/oypeci.mp4

Nice zones of fairness you've got there

We're /rgg/ now, you need a new flag

i'm keeping my tattoo m8

Alright you nancies listen up.

This is a street racing league. First, we are outlaws. If you want high grip surfaces, look for them in circuits. Second, this is an obsolete street road, so it's natural to be low grip. And third, the civic is not going to be run flowermouth(according to him), and it's going to be used with street 90s anyway, because it was deemed too fast with slicks.

Other than that, I bumped the surface to slow from old. Blankets are on, so your tires should be warm. It's up to you and your skill for the rest. Last week the final race was between two cars with ~330 hp, so you don't need massive amounts of horsepower in the touge to begin with.

thanks, that's all I needed to leave understeer city

>mfw going out on a cold track

Jenson Button would get an aneurysm from the amount of understeer on that track.

We're playing whiplash on mumblr fags

post ip for non-circlejerkers

Look at the OP dumbo

meant the game, not mumblejerk

its not that IP anymore im hosting it off my own connection and
>posting my ip on Veeky Forums

>not being behind 7 proxies

draw it on flockdraw or something

need to reduce that countersteer

I wish I had real people to play with other than randoms
At least there's a GT endurance lobby for me to use this car in now that I've perfected the tune. I'm one of the fastest around Le Mans Night with this particular car.
>Tfw rotating perfectly through Mulsanne and rocketing toward Indianapolis

Bump, any help? Perhaps dicking around with the auto-subscribe text file?

>The Model T is one of the hardest cars to win in GT4. It is the prize for achieving gold on all Super License tests.

Well this is gonna suck.

the line

>acquire model t
>join the ovg elite
>eventually write a book about simulation racing

youtube.com/watch?v=jiN1a8YkwPY

Start with this one. Finish that and all the others won't give you trouble.

>get new job
>have to tell them about /ovg/ so i can have a weird-ass shift on saturday to make it to the race
>yeah so i'm in this simulator racing league and we meet on saturday, it's just video games but we take it pretty seriously
>asst manager: "oh, cool"

>cool
>she said cool
>to pretend race cars
>get 8a-1p shift or a day off on saturday, only 15 minutes from home

>boss calls later
>we talk about irl racing
>pick up another shift tomorrow before the race

I have found that many normies respond well if you simply call the bullshit we do here "simulator racing" with confidence.
I may be kind of autistic and not interpreting their expressions correctly, but I can only describe their reactions as impressed.

It's because driving cars is a thing normies can relate too.
Try to explain something like STGs to them and you will forever be the guy that plays these space invader games.

fuck Mercedes and the stupid boat they call a car

I'm disappointed that GT4 didn't have any license tests where you were in the slow car and had to reach the finish before you were overtaken.

When I drive with friends of friends in the car and I attack the corner at the upper limit of slip angle adhesion, they'll grab the Oh-Shit Handles and brace their legs, but I just turn to them and say reassuringly, "Do not worry, I practice on games based off of rfactor. You can relax now."

I have a dig bick
You that read wrong
And that
Like If I got you :)