What does Veeky Forums think?

What does Veeky Forums think?

>inb4 muh shitty german reliability meme dispensers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8ppDuVGsDV8?t=23s
youtube.com/watch?v=vlxQ5unWnCU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>top dollar for a VW with a bodykit

Buy the Mercedes or BMW equivalent if you absolutely must have German.

Or get a Porsche, the only VAG brand worth shit.

shitty german reliability

The R8 is pretty, I'll admit.

Ecoboost is the new meme apparently

Nice vw

literally every person IRL that own them think they are great, if you need opinion from this place u are retarded

Shame they got rid of the manual tranny and the lever handbrake now.
Technology for the sake of technology is fucking retarded

its a car for fastyness driving.
Adding a manual would literally make you lose to dieselshitboxes

What is buyers remorse?

Literally everything made is a product of a subsidiary company owned by a larger parent one. I never heard anyone mocking people for drinking Fuze instead of Coca Cola

What kind of reflexes do you have that the kind of transmission your car has affects your driving speed? My dad is 60 and shifts gears like a fucking senile maid though, I can see how that argument would stand its ground.

Except that its literally a VW product, with VW parts, slapped a premium price on it.
My brother is a mechanic. He said that audi uses exactly the same fucking parts from VW, just quadrupped prices.
Its not a parent company or whatever. Its literally the same fucking car for more money.
Even bentley uses a lot of parts that you can find in the average shitbox golf.

Porsche and lamborghini on the other hand have almost nothing in common with vw

>fwd

Im comparing it to other fast cars.
If youre for example drag racing, then you lose seconds just by shifting.
A dual clutch transimssion will outperform you massively, every time you would shift you would see the other car boosting forward.

Blame normies for that. Specifically, blame the ditzy rich women that buy expensive cars just for the name. After that, luxury brands realized that, and now you have new shitass tech in new complete shitass cars, with shitass quality and shitass drivers.

OP here. Not defending it, but Audi is the luxury subsidiary of VAG, so it would make sense that Volkswagen and Audi cars would share parts.

Well yeah, it wouldn't be a MASSIVE difference though in that case, like milliseconds

Probably a good car and worth buying... If you lived in Europe. In America you will pay more for parts. Any modern car is reliable if you take good care of it. Except any GM after 2004.

I guess you can always do transmission swaps.

Yeah there should have been an option for it at least. Maybe they would take a car outside of the normal production line and install the shit you want by hand

overpriced VWs marketed for gullible idiots and people that have no idea about cars but want some (pseudo) premium cars (because disguised VWs are not premium).

>gated shifter

Porsche has nothing in common.

Lamborghini at the time only has some engines developed in house. Anything else comes from the VAG group. Their fucking aircons were originally made for Seat Ibizas. Now, seriously?

How's that buyers remorse going for you OP?

Pretty sure Porsche uses standard VAG switchgear and VW platforms for their crossovers.

The "true" Porsches (Boxster, Cayman, 911, 918) are unique, though.

I drive an RX8 you nigger

No they don't. You're pretty wrong.

Only thing they've shared technology has been for the diesel engines, and by shared technology read, they used a block. Stripped it out and did their thing on it.

And you're asking about audis.

Nah.

Why does it matter what I drive m8? I simply like them

Read Are you a gullible idiot or an idiot that knows nothing about cars?

You were the one that brought up what you drive.

But you still get shit.

Porsche does everything and anything themselves. No aid from VW.

OR, maybe someone who wanted to spark some conversation? Doesn't seem that far off when you think about it

Depends on what your definition of shit is man. It's not that bad, I mean if you dont anally rape the car it should last a pretty long time. And that is true for every car

> damage control

Nice Lamborghini
>ftfy

You're so fucking dumb. And your mechanic brother is a cry baby cuck. There is no VW equivalent to the R8. And EVERY car brand uses the same parts for their cheapo/non cheapo sub brands. Remember that next time so you don't sound like a bitter food stamp trading little cunt

And EVERYONE uses that image like there is no way that's her car. It could be a clone key. Maybe the previous owner lost the key and bought a VW replacement key and had it cut/cloned for the Porsche.

dmg_ctrl

I'm not even the guy you were arguing with you fucking cum funneling piece of garbage

You're still damage controlling hard.

wouldn't surprise me if every mass produced car in the world used the same components from the same 5 or so factories in china

Only problem is, Audi is subsidiary of VW. They literally only exist cause VW throws money and parts at them. Just like the spoiled child VW gave them the funds to acquire Lamborghini and do something with the tech.

There is no equivalent because it is a VW. It's just pure marketing and brand names at this point.

Kia and Hyundai. Honda and Acura. Toyota and Lexus. Get real dude it's all the same shit

If you're gonna just spam terms you learned from smart people arguing on Veeky Forums, why don't you suggest I'm projecting or something too? There's no damage to control. It's a known fact that auto makers share parts between their sub brands.

Ehh, not really reliability issue. Just over engineering makes maintenance hard/expensive.

Exactly.

And that's why Audi doesn't belong up with Mercedes and BMW.

It drives me crazy when people buy VWs or Audis and trash them. Never change the oil, go to cheap fucking places and use the wrong oil, etc. One guy came in with a Passat that was 15k over the oil change. Engine seized up, "these German cars LOL"

Over engineering was how old Mercedes used to be done.

Tell me, how many audis from the 60/70/80's you see laying around vs Mercedes? Oh right... They were shit back then and they still are. Only a bunch of jews that excell on marketing got their hands on the brand.

This. Only a3/s3/tt/beetle/jetta share the same/similar platform. The a4 used to be a gussied passat but it now too is its own car.

Why? Just because you dont think VW belongs up there aswell? The VW->Audi meme is fucking joke.

Im getting upset that people buy cars from a brand that cross use the same platform on some of their lineup with VW. Also, whats wrong with VW?

Because they just don't. It's a fact.

It's like putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig.

Its still a VW with a different badge.

>Also, whats wrong with VW?
You clearly don't know jack shit about cars. VWs are some of the most unreliable, badly made, horribly designed cars on the market.

Implying VW cant make good cars. Implying Audi cant make an even better car off of a car thats already good.

What youre saying is you force yourself to look at Audi as a normal-tier car brand because you feel that a VW platform cant turn into something really good.

The late 80's and 90's models were very good for their time, in both engine reliability and build quality, and they are famed here in Northern Europe for being galvanized and thus almost immune to road-salt.

But other than that, they are nothing special, and are, like others have said, just rebadged VW's with a slightly more sophisticated bodykit.

The best buys in all this are Skodas, since they were rather well-built and had the VW driveline. Seat is basically the same, but Spaniards are as lazy constructing their cars as they are in running their economy.

Also, memes aside, VW has a good reputation here in Europe, I fully believe that having your cars assembled in Mexico fucks up everything.

>I know this guy who had a 12 year old Jetta, and that thing just kept on devouring his wallet.

Lets say I know "jack shit" about cars, and you being the Veeky Forums hero that you are. VW > Volkswagen > "A peoples car" make good cars for a decent price. If you have to buy a used car which was meant to be a good car for your dollar when sold new, then you've got yourself to blame for any extraordinary maintainence costs.

Wow I wasn't even going to mention your mom and there you go

Hey man my Crayon smelling interior literally reeks of quality adhesive

Maybe it's Volkswagen that's using the Audi parts

Not very reliable and very expensive to fix.

Look neat though.

Yep. I live in Finland, they're almost more prominent here than toyotas. Just in our tiny sub 20 person company there are three Audis on the parking lot, while only one of other types. I can stop at a stoplight and see at least two other audis in the intersection. But yeah, I guess they're all wrong and drive unreliable cars.

Yeah, so is Skoda and Seat a VW product. Yeah, they use the same Bosch parts, yes they share designs, yeah yeah yeah. So what? Saab is an Opel, Lexus is a toyota (by your logic).

Yeah, the parts have similarities, but have just different stamps. Despite this, my local parts reseller has same prices for the same parts for different parts, aside of a few euros here and there for electricals and cosmetic parts. I see no problem in this, are you aware of the prices of parts for more unique cars?

Look at build numbers for mercedes and audi at that time. W123 was running in 2.69million between 1976–1985 while the B2 was running in 1.68million between 1978–1986. Mercedes had a much larger build capacity to start with and on top of that, had more history and experience. Up until the B5, when VW literally made the A4 and Passat their benchmark for quality, the Audi was never much competition in anything but Rallying, where it shined btw.

What comes to reliability, the amount of mercedes I've seen my friends drive to the ground because "it's a mercedes, it can withstand anything" is amazing, I'm beginning to doubt the reasoning of people who own them simply because of the ridiculous shit I've heard from the mouths of these gas-station gossiping, buzz-word using retards.

Yep. B5 Passat and A4 used to share engines, parts, what have you. Interior and exterior were different as well as electrics, aside from that they were mechanically almost identical. These are very widely seen even today, which is why it is prime to own them, the prices have dropped pretty low, so you can get parts for close to nothing.

They make enough money off of dealer service, you want them to make even MOAR?!

For amuricans. Your VW is made in mexico, because shipping to your little monopoly-bullshit of a country from europe is financially a bad choice. Aside from their silly engines such as the TSI, FSI (TFSI blah blah), they're pretty reliable and cheap in europe, if they're maintained to spec. It is true that they require something more than your average fuckhead mopar fanatic and his spanner-hammer made of duct-tape and old brake parts, but that hasn't been a problem even for someone who DIY's all his cars (because fuck paying some bald motherfucker in an oil-pit to do simple things). Even the FSI would be pretty dope, if you'd delete the EGR and install an OCC to the PCV and changed the oil a bit more frequently, but this is just too much for someone who "just needs a car alright, I just need to go from a to b". So I'll give it to you, many VW cars are a bad choice for just a work-horse simply because of the retarded as fuck engines, but as long as you avoid those features, their other models are pretty reliable.

This pretty much to be quite honest. Especially when we take in to account the spec change to zink galvanized steel around the 00's, how every car from VAG before that was a blessing, will not rust to this day no matter how much you throw salty winters at them. Like already said, the B5 was a very good platform and is still prominent today. Not to mention how well it holds up in looks.

I want a B4 because inline 5, and turn it into a massive sleeper.

Holy shit look, it's non retarded people posting. Somebody make a Screencap, nobody will believe it

They can't design a different front end for their cars, everything they've made since about 2004 looks exactly the same. Same for BMW except since the e36.

I'm just glad they stopped making the A6 look like a weird melted A8 like 2001-2006

The wide body C5 A6/RS6 looked beautiful

Here's Jeff Goldbloom standing behind one

i'm driving a '93 80 quattro, it's 5/5

Better have 5 cylinders under the hood, and preferably a tarbo.

I loved the 5 cylinders in those were bonkers. Shoehorned in so hard they couldn't fit the radiator in behind the grill

Beamers r better

Learn to photograph

Y

>Snapchat-4969429060020816834.jpg
>not covering license plate
>solid wood in a car
>ever
I know you own a possibly tricked Bavarian Bumpercar but learn to round out your hobbies senpai.

But don't you get it. audi doesn't make anything even better than VW. They do what VW tells them to do with the parts VW throws at them.

;)

>wanting to buy a european car

Take it from someone that owned one. Dont do it, they will break and they are fucken expensive to fix.

Get a japanese car, even american cars are better options these days

Cause the 1.2 and 1.4 are the epitome of reliability. lel

Having an inherently unbalanced engine and calling it good.

Should we just wait for you to say that sniffing gasoline is also good for you?

this, wrong reply

Base model stuff seems unremarkable, S and RS models don't have the same "cred" as M and AMG models. The R8 is cool, but you're paying top dollar for a Gallardo in a less flashy body kit. Not necessarily a bad thing if you don't want dumb kids posing with your V10 shitbox but for the cash I'd really rather have a Gallardo in orange.

Would rather a Quattro built to Group B WRC specs.

I'd love any old Quattro

no ecoboost

Pack it in boys, we lose

Overpriced cars for normies.
Still I'd like to own picrel.

Also their top models can be really fast despite being fat:
youtu.be/8ppDuVGsDV8?t=23s

That gen RS6 has to be one of the best things they've ever made, especially the Avant.
10 cylinders, 2 turbos, can go well over 700hp without much effort and still has enough room to carry basically anything.

Audis are best in their sport station wagon segment. No one can compete. And Avant designs are flawless as well.

>A2 has been in our family for more than 15 years
>only shit so far have been small maintenance repairs and a seldom electronics issue where all warning lamps in the cockpit are on, which is easily fixed by restarting
>just now, after one and a half decades, the gearbox is getting a little rough, but i admit i abused it a little more than my ma
it's all about how you treat your belongings

yeah, and on the top of it it wasn't avaible in the US

youtube.com/watch?v=vlxQ5unWnCU

I love the Ur-Quattro.
And I crave the song of 5-bang.

Audi did the best 5-bangers and they are now basically the only ones who still puts them in cars.

Hardly anyone here owns one, hence they don't know shit.

>they're pretty reliable and cheap in europe

Only old Audis are reliable. The only vag products I would consider buying are 1.9 diesels, or 1.8 n/a gas guzzlers.

>cheap

Fwd base models perhaps. Quattro rallykar tax is a thing.

Audi bodywork from the 90s probably holds up better than any other car from then. Too bad they went retarded with other things and put the engine so far up front that it understeers more than your regular fwd car and puts more stress on the front suspension components.

It's funny how uptight you are when someone disagrees with your opinion, what are your disabilities in alphabetical order?

I have more than enough chromosomes to out match you in any argument my friend. tell me, what's your favorite potato

Ridiculously expensive to maintain & service

other then that i love the old 2.2 turbo 5 cyl.

You