Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Stay sexy Atlanta (I'm drunk) edition

>News
-gematsu.com/2016/09/monster-hunter-hollywood-movie-announced
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H1IrJ7OkRnU
gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74350450
youtu.be/Rp9CGvljh3s
youtube.com/watch?v=DFXaHsNgZqo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I started with P3rd, but I want to play FU
How do I deal with the hitboxes? I can't use GS for shit like this

Whats the best pellet gun+setup for clearing these damn 50 vespoid/bnahahabra/hornetaur shit quests?

*Places Barrel Bomb L+*

>Charge up GS on weakzone after everyone places bombs near a sleeping monster
>Some faggot sets them off before the attack finishes

in the time between now and the first time you posted this you could have finished most of the quests even with dual blades

Anyone going through hub quests to get check marks? I'm going through HR5 now and it'd be nice to have someone else along. It's gotten a bit dull doing it alone.

I would if I haven't already user

I always did all of these solo even in 4u- it's a shame because 4 people carrying ore running away from a tigrex seems like a good time

05-3602-0424-4619

If anyone wants to tag along.

I'm currently running a RathHerm mixed set that gives me: AuM, WE, and Artillery Novice. I just entered high-rank and everything hits like a truck

Should I make the high-rank BullJaggi set? I can get AuL and Artillery Novice, with a LOT more defense. However, I'll lose out on WE

This is for Charge Blade, of course

HR armor for HR quests

Doesn't the new upgrade system do away with the need for that? Or is the defense rating still vastly inferior?

That's Tri, not Gen

>post 'load up is not necessary' on gamefaqs

>gamefags reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Which weapon

It was for CB

It's here.

youtube.com/watch?v=H1IrJ7OkRnU

Are you EclairMH? I've got some questions to ask, but GameFAQs takes forever to send verification e-mails for new accounts

>gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74350450

This one here?

You're EclairMH aren't you

>that good feel when you knock a shitvenus out of the air when it's doing its tailslam attack

>t
Absolutely :)

>shitvenus

Fuck you, Venus is a well-respected planet and i'll not have you slander its good name

>that same feel when your CB phial explosion knocks a jumping mizutsune back in the ground reeling

>that feel when you stand your ground as uragaan konchu rolls towards you and knock it onto its side with an AED

I don't get it. Why did they remake the old trailer?

I still can't get over how much of an abomination that cat is.

>tfw you end a hunt with a boosted bug-blow on the fucker's head

Room still up? I'll be getting on in a bit, HR5 here too.

Is evade lancing still a thing? Can I use Silverwind armor?

reposting this oc before its rathalost forever

you can use any set you fancy, user

Eclair, what did your HR armor progression look like? You didn't seriously just use Seregios LV3 until HR6, did you?

Saved for future groan-inducing puns.

What is the most difficult, try-hard weapon to master and why?

GS, DB, Bow

>bow
>try-hard

>GS

How..?

Try playing like a TA GS

Really, really top-tier hammer play is something special to behold.

Just bowgun Plesioth, Kirin, Gravios and his retarded baby. Everything else can be easily done by blademaster, just try to avoid the "turning in one place" attack, it has bad hitboxes for most mosters, only Garuga is kinda OK.

>start fresh mhxr save
>got all these equips as gifts
>no insect glaive
ONE JOB

Meant to include
youtu.be/Rp9CGvljh3s

DB is considered decently hard?

>get bored and install homebrew
>save edit meme dbs into 4u
>lowest possible raw and just para
>hunting naked in G rank quests online
I feel like I'm having fun again

Just because playing it wrong gives decent result doesn't mean mastering it is easy.

Is getting A-Rank solo Stygian Zinogre using DB can be considered as Master race in mh4u?

>playing with /mhg/ in general
I-I thought this was supposed to be fun?

Hey guys, I took a little initiative and stopped being a neet for a bit. I got enough money and bought a New 3DSes with the mario face plate bunduru and got Monster Hunter Generations.on sale.

It feels great having some cash and time to play on the job.between actual work.
Anyway, I have a question. How do you guys play on the 3DS?
The game feels fine for like Mario 3D land or Pokeman, but for MH:Gen, the grip on the console can cause fatigue. Any recommendations on New 3DS grips?

As odd as it sounds, yes, that's what I did.

Note: I'm aware that you can get obsidian higher at hr4 and blackguard higher at hr5, but it was mostly a combination of small reasons that drove me to stick with aslat til HR6.

ok guys i unlocked wrath of rath, time to see if all of you fuckers complaining are just shit or what

There's a lot of people you gotta watch out for.

Have fun.

Break a leg, user.

I finally got it just the other day, in the end it was markedly unpleasant but not really worth the pantsu twisting you see in the thread if you prepare yourself for the quest

And what were those reasons? Also, how did HR BujaBujaShit work out for you throughout the mid game?

New Monster Hunter pachislot

Dear Atlanta user,

How was the event? Come home with any sik loot?

>Sharpness +5 OO-
Game, why.

>20 million units

Is that in Gen or 4U?
I think Bomb does more in Gen.

Charge GS hit + bombs > one multiplied bomb + bombs for morale

Lol, I didn't touch that trash set. I used the low rank rath/bnahabra mix (with various tweaks over time) and upgraded to compete in high rank until I upgraded to its high rank version in hr6.

As for the reasons... I felt that sharpness was way more important and aslat fit my playstyle of rolling and sidestepping enough to stay at blue. It's a poor reason given that absolute readiness and razor sharp is more than enough but like I said, small reasons.Also, a slot.

Another is I didn't want to invest in two different weapon lines and while it sounded lazy, I was already blowing past HR4-5 even doing all of the quests with no problems. I saved a tiny bit of time, in my opinion.

Lastly, I just liked the look.

Assuming at least two BBL+s are placed, a GS needs to do at least 200 damage on the monster to make it do a bit more at least.

(200 * 2) + 150 + 150 = 700
(150 * 3) + 150 = 600

Vet of the others in the series.

New to MH Gen.

Is there an item multiplication system in this akin to the farms, Etc?

Yes. If you want to hunt with someone tonight, hit me up.

all thats stupid is how much gold flies?
shes pretending shes silver
2 flying raths is actually annoying because fucking windpress all day and you cant kill either in a decent time

10/10 annoying 5/10 difficulty
its like people didnt even do descendants of the king or something

woah user, at least buy him dinner first

It hasn't started yet...

How do I unlock wrath of rath?
How do I unlock the double rajang quest?

There is no reason to exclude the GS damage from the bomb-first scenario.
You can trigger the bombs in shitty zone and land a GS hit when the monster is waking up.

The bomb should still go first unless the overhead slash could do 300 damage.

Well, shit. I guess Capcom did make a new MH game for this fiscal year. Sorry for ever doubting you guys.

MH always had pachislot games.

why the FUCK is there so much grinding in mhX,

Is sleep bombing is ineffective at higher rank?

>urugaan bow has para and sleep coatings with boosted sleep
>urugaan armor doesn't have bombardier

I just wanna have stupid mecha fun with heavy arrows

That makes sense. Thanks for taking your time to reply, man. I appreciate it.

Are you still rocking Adept? Or have you bought into Striker like most CB players tend to once they get Hellblade CB?

>Seltas armor has bombardier
>Seltas CB has elemental phial

JUST

and yet in every official art you see of a hunter it always looks like pic related, armor matched to weapon

although at least in kirin's case it makes a it of sense, i think?

I prefer adept but it's mostly a match up thing. I run striker and adept equally with a little bit more adept.

For example, you literally have got to use adept CB against glavenus/hellblade, it both makes it really fun and makes him easy to manage.

Rule of thumb is if you can adept guard more often, take adept. If not, take striker.

>Another is I didn't want to invest in two different weapon lines and while it sounded lazy, I was already blowing past HR4-5 even doing all of the quests with no problems. I saved a tiny bit of time, in my opinion.

I honestly don't get you people who just wanna blow through the game. Anyone can feasibly use one weapon and armor set throughout MHG due to the changes they made to the way you can upgrade everything.

Why do you think official hunters struggle with Arzuros?

Hey this doesn't look half bad.

please post your elemental dual blades sets. I have the plesioth, Kirin, daora and agnaktor DBs and I see all you fags in the /mhg/ rooms running them and I want to join you

Please help me on Black Gravios.

I'm glad Rajang is still laughable to bow in Gen.

Can you marry this cat?

Complete all non-advanced non-prowler village quests, and the respective village chiefs will give them to you. This unlocks Out of the Frying Pan too.

I wish you could play as a cat in Stories...

Did this Najarala just shoot a frenzied Gore out of its mouth?

do you really want people posting vore of a gore inside najarala now

You need to dodge better. Wouldn't HR BuJa be only around the defence of the Rathian/Hermataur anyway?

Holy shit you can actually hit the head easily as a lance this is amazing.

I finally got the meme feather. Jho wasn't too bad, took me around 8 minutes. For some reason, cats died to Jho in 2 minutes and never came back for rest of the hunt so it was basically solo hunt. I think it was because they had Last Stand on.

Threw down smokes but about a minute into Tigrex+Narga, the tigrex walked into my combo and got alerted so it was 2 on 1. Was able to finish narga during the fence and tiggy was easy from there.

Would have probably taken me around 20 minutes if I had been able to keep the smokes up for narga.

>This is for Charge Blade, of course
>everything hits like a truck
Why do you get hit in the first place? Why aren't you using your block and GPs?
I'd also highly recommend having RS over AN on CB.

He's adorable compared to the other cats in Stories.

>Complete all non-advanced non-prowler village quests
Not him, but this is false? I've done Out of the Frying Pan but don't have the other quests. Unless you need to do some guild quests in addition?