/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #60

Previous thread: Go meet your sexy grandpa edition

YO-KAI WATCH 2 IS OUT NOW, GET TO BEFRIENDING

Join the discord to make friends!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

The Youkai Watch 2 Demo is now out on the e-shop!

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Also an user was kind enough to give us a small/longish guide to some of YW2's stuff. Take a look!
imgur.com/a/HBkws

Tags: Yokai, Youkai, Yo-kai

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXzEcwYs8Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=7Om3QnlYZfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for best ship

First for Fumi cuter than the boys.

Looks like you came in second friend, just like lolis always do :^)

Third for best mascot.

Nintendo says the codes are for items that trigger appearances, not just the Yo-kai itself:

4. Once the download code has been verified, select the “Receive Limited Item” option.

5. Bring the item to the appropriate location in the game:

• For Fleshy Souls – Take the Sailor Bell to the Music Room in the elementary school. Sailornyan will appear.

The code won't go through for me, but it doesn't tell me it's wrong.

Barely a second off.

I hope you realize this means war, user.

Nice try you barely existent apparition.

There's always next time.

>Peckpocket has female voice from YW1 when befriending
>But during battle has the male voice from the anime dub

Christ.

I prefer a swirl personally.

I really do wish the voices stayed consistent. Especially the ones for the mascot characters.

What I wanna know is did they change Golnyan?

It seems like they had new voice clips recorded for battles/Blasters, but didn't bother getting the VA to say the Yo-kai name again.

>Meet Baku
>Doesn't get her memories of YW1 back
>Refers to herself as "he"

Fucking get it TOGETHER, L5.

Woah bro, you saying Baku cant identify as a boy if he wants to in this game? You watch your micro-aggressions.

YW2 happens soon after you got your watch in YW1. The whole game is a time paradox.

>Baku is posing as the player and sleeping in their bed
>You can still use Baku as your traveling Yo-kai

But how though.

I'm guessing any Yo-kai with Z Medals in the anime can't be found in the game until you get the Model Zero, right?

Are you meant to get Robonyan out of the Oni Crank on the first go, or was I lucky?

Oh hey it looks like that small rat looking Wicked tribe youkai actually is a guy. At least wib wob refers to him as one.

I don't think the majority of them can.

Dream magic.

Here's my idea regarding the matter: Higher-rank Yo-kai are generally more powerful but less diverse in their field; for example, while Sandi can only make you stay asleep, Baku could probably pose as you and sleep in your bed in your place, dream that you summoned her, and have her dream self actually be where you summoned her all at once.

>when you try to change whisper as your companion and he hams it up

>Moximous N

I've just reached the 60 years back part and met Kennyy.

Do I need the Model Zero Watch for Hanako-san to appear? Wiki says she appears back in the present time during a favor.

Basically I'm asking how much longer I have to wait to get her, and by extension how long I have to wait for Insomni.

>Enraera-kai is named Badsmella

I hate you, dub.

Can you even befriend her?

Or any of those masked kais for that matter.

You can in Shunichi, not sure about here. They're probably hoping the game will sell enough to justify Shunichi stateside.

The cartoon is shit

The dub probably. The sub is pretty good though. Or at least it was while we got it

>get the 5 star coins from the Post Office codes
>race my ass toward the crank
>Frostail has, for the 3rd game in a row, befriended me without any stress on my part
>Got the Damona I've always wanted

11/10 GAME ALREADY

Nice going you hogged up all the luck. Now the rest of us will probably just get riceballs and shit from the coins.

>Not using glitzy coins.

Brah. Imma have Izanami and Mondo Gecko in no time.

It's for the best. The discord and thread no longer have to hear me bitch about rng anymore.
Probably.

You mean Mer______?

The Amazing Milfmaid!

So the qr codes from the first gen medals will work on YW2?

what kind of alcohol would you give to oni boy?

I'm not really sure since I don't drink. He's the expert he should be telling me what's good.

I think? But why? Use the Glitzy coins! >NY@ND3RFUL
>SP@RKL1NG!
>GL1TZYGL@M

tfw; have to wait till after work to get it...

>Aeachnia
>"An expert in poisons, this Yo-kai is often called a femme fatale, despite being very much a man"
Skill: Highlander (Attack power increases after beating enemies)

Worry not spider boi lovers, your husbando is safe

> Playing new Wibble Wobble Content
> Reach Wicked Pallysol
> It's called Mad Kappa
That doesn't seem right...
> Look it up.
> It's actually meant to be called Shamasol.
Woooow, good job Wibble Wobble Team. Not even getting the names right.

>Put in 5 star coin
>Get red capsule
welp that's a load of-
>DAMONA JUMPED OUT
youtube.com/watch?v=AXzEcwYs8Eo

lol

Wibble-Wobble is by a different group that never got the dub names.

Good.

>Go to Watch of Yokai
>Get all of the QR codes from the JP version because they work on the English version
>See they have a "guide" page for the game
>IT'S ALL ABDALLAH VIDEOS
>NO TEXT WHATSOEVER
>JUST SHILLING

Watch people, I know you've been in these threads.

STOP SUCKING THE MAN'S DICK.

Tell that to the people who talk about him constantly.
They still neglect that the more you talk aout him the more powerful he'll get, both good and bad

Explain this.

>casanuva
>shadow vecnot
>the spider fuckboi
Thank you sir.

spoilers: you can't get izanami from glitzy coins

Why cant I hold all these QR codes? Seriously there are too many. 2 is my first YW game and which cides should I be using? There's toy codes, show codes, sone sort of glitzy coins. What the hell man.

Not to mention I really like Robonyan but I can't get him because I bought physical like an idiot. I assume the codes are unique? Has anyone tried using someone's code that was already used? If you put them in on he eshop I imagine it wouldn't work, but if you use it in game they might not be flagged as used already depending on how thyey handle codes.

The IGN guy stated that 2 brought inspiriting as a new mechanic, which was already central to the series in the game and anime as a mechanic and story before the 2nd game. Take that as what you will.

Really? Then where do I get Doki doki coins?

Except you can get Jorogumo. So yes you can.

>tfw Abdullah got three of the same in a row.
youtube.com/watch?v=7Om3QnlYZfk

not many people battling

Game just came out, dude. I'm guessing most people won't start battling until they finish the main game.

using all the english names here but you can get Sheen, Casanuva, Shadow Venoct, Arachnia, Uber Geeko and Lie-in Heart

What about busting? I just made a team and nobody seems to be on.

What even is this game?

Busters is local only

This just broke my heart

Interesting, wonder if there's some way to edit your save if you have CFW to give you the item on a physical cart.

The full spin-off gets online. Lets hope it gets localized.

>still no undub .cia

Feels good.

I'm inclined to believe WibWob team is a bunch of interns. The coding, spelling, and translation mistakes are rampant.

Made a custom medal of my Yokai OC. What do you think about it ywg?

It's a shitty yo-kai.

A _ _ _ _ M
_
_
_
_
M

I just beat the first Yokai Watch for the first time, is it worth it to do the postgame or should I just move on to 2?

Move to 2. There's much more content.

It's cute.

Move to 2

?

Get 2. Bony edition preferred.

Where do I put in my digital code? eshop?

if it's not on your e-shop receipt nintendo should send you an email to get it

Um, excuse me user, but her name is Toiletta. You can't just pick and choose, either use the dub or use the original names.

Is there any reason to play the first? I started playing it because I didn't want to wait for 2, but I got so busy I never finished. It sounds like 2 basically rewrites 1's story anyway.

Also do I need a clear save to get extras in 2, or do I just need to take some Yokai Cam pictures in 1 for it?

Just take a picture with the YokaiCam and save it to the SD card. You should be good to go.

Just go to YW2.

Question but I'm currently putting all of the Passwords to get all of the Trophies because Goldenyan rewards you with coins which I need for Gilgaros. Does Goldenyan give you all of the coins when you get all of the trophies?

Is Darkyubi the only YW2 yokai in the wibwob crank right now?

I think he was the only new one added, yeah.

No one up to a random battle?

Doesnt he keep sake in that bowel of his?

I love the Robonyan theme

my game is going to be shipped until tomorrow

isn't*

FYI, you can use the YW2 save editor to give yourself the robonyan/sailornyan item if you have a physical cart. Need CFW to decrypt and inject the save tho

I think I'll just wait and trade with someone. Can't you befriend Robonyan and Sailornyan multiple times?

Anyone know how to unlock the second hidden stage in the first new wib wob area?

All the more reason to be in the discord. Stuff like this gets posted there way before it is here.

Oh cool thanks. I'll probably hop in more often, i mostly just leave the thread open.